• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Survivor: Gabon - featuring Melee champion Ken

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ryanarius

Smash Journeyman
Why does Ken say to Sugar: "I know I can win this"?
Something may of been edited out like. "I know you can win this, I know I can win this".

On a less strategy note who else thinks bob's wife is crazy sneaky, hiding behind the tree and sneaking up on him so successfully.

infomon

Smash Scientist
Crazy Theory Time!

Ken's vote last night doesn't make sense with the provided information of the show. Either Ken made a serious mindgame mistake, or there's more to the story that they're not showing us. I think it's the latter.

Think about the secret scene, where Ken's talking to Sugar and Crystal. Ken has a legitimate agreement with them, to get to the final three, which Ken knows he'll win, and so do they. It's perfectly safe, and Ken wouldn't want to upset that.

In that scene, he says that Matty has been talking about blindsiding Sugar, and Suzie will probably go along with it. What if this is true? If Matty aligns with Bob and Suzie (which is quite possible), hoping for Ken's help to blindside Sugar. This would be worse for Ken, since Bob and Matty are both better-liked by jury, and both are more likely to win challenges. In a 3v3 of Matty/Suzie/Bob vs. Ken/Crystal/Sugar, Ken's on the losing end.

The last episode had a running "theme"; they showed clips of Ken talking about how he's gonna outsmart and outplay Bob, but the episode shows Bob and Corinne mindgaming Kenny. It's a warm+fuzzy story, that the arrogance gets punished; that's what they want us to think. Those snippets of Ken talking about Bob, they might not have even been from that episode! Really, Ken was right. Ken never completely believed the idol; but he had to play safe just in case. So Crystal and Ken pretend to align with Bob/Corinne, but Ken warns them that Corinne should play the idol anyway (to make sure it gets flushed). That probably happened but wasn't shown, since it's integral to Ken+Crystal's strategy (of which they only showed a small snippet, where they barely mention the possibility that the idol's a fake -- which obviously must have been discussed in more detail than they showed us).

Crystal needed to vote Corinne, to make sure that she goes home if the idol's a fake. But Ken needs to vote Matty so that he wins over Bob, so that a Matty/Suzie/Bob vs. Ken/Crystal/Sugar split doesn't happen. In the preview for the next episode, that's what we hear; Bob says he'd give Ken immunity, as moral collateral for having lied to Ken. Perfect; Ken can probably convince Bob to help them blindside Matty, then Crystal/Ken/Sugar can take out Bob, then finally Suzie who can't possibly win another challenge.

The only risk Ken's taking is that
a) Sugar will side with Matty and Suzie instead (which Ken thinks is unlikely, since Sugar knows Matty's a physical threat, and Ken's been closer with Sugar than they're willing to show us)
or
b) Matty wins the next immunity challenge, in which case Ken/Crystal/Sugar/Bob will have to vote out Suzie instead, and then take out either of Matty or Bob (whoever doesn't win immunity).

Am I crazy?

MajorasMask999

Smash Apprentice
I haven't read through the past fourish pages since I'm in a bit of a hurry.

But I think that with the "confirmed final five" of Ken, Matty, Crystal, Susie, and Sugar. And Randy's slip-up of "Matty gets voted out", Ken could still win.

Shinzaburo

Smash Apprentice
Crazy Theory Time!In that scene, he says that Matty has been talking about blindsiding Sugar, and Suzie will probably go along with it. What if this is true? If Matty aligns with Bob and Suzie (which is quite possible), hoping for Ken's help to blindside Sugar. This would be worse for Ken, since Bob and Matty are both better-liked by jury, and both are more likely to win challenges. In a 3v3 of Matty/Suzie/Bob vs. Ken/Crystal/Sugar, Ken's on the losing end.
Yeah, Matty probably wanted to blindside Sugar because she has the idol, and he knows that Sugar will always side with Ken and Crystal no matter what. So when it comes down to a 3 vs 3 situation, Sugar could always use the idol to protect someone and eliminate one of the other members. And besides, since Ken voted for Matty last tribal council, he probably gained Bob's trust, and I don't think Bob can trust Matty anymore because in that secret scene, Matty had doubts about joining Bob. So Sugar probably trusts Ken and Crystal more than Susie and Matty, even though in the preview she has doubts about Ken and Crystal.

If Bob doesn't win immunity next week, he is going home because he is still a bigger threat. If he does, then it could be either Matty or Sugar (Matty most likely).

Anth0ny

Smash Master
Ken for Survivor finals confirmed! His Facebook status reads:

"Ken has too many finals too think about."

School finals and Survivor finale OBVIOUSLY =P

MajorasMask999

Smash Apprentice
Ken for Survivor finals confirmed! His Facebook status reads:

"Ken has too many finals too think about."

School finals and Survivor finale OBVIOUSLY =P
Saw that too, but it isn't really a confirmation. I'm sure Randy is thinking about the finals too, considering he has to decide who to give $1,000,000 to.

Edit: ALTHOUGH, IF WE WANT TO BRING THE FACEBOOK THEORIZING BACK:

Jamie (Matty's girlfriend that he proposed to if you didn't catch that for whatever reason ;0) has a Facebook account. And out of the people who are left in the show besides Matty, she is only friends with Ken.

This could mean that Ken makes it to the final three and Matty votes for him, but after thinking about it for a few seconds it probably doesn't mean anything. I mean, Matty wouldn't be able to tell her anything about the final three anyway. So maybe it just means that despite wanting to vote each other off due to being threats, Ken and Matty are still really close friends now (Yay ^.^).

Kirbynator

Smash Apprentice
like I said, people who dont have much reasons to have Kenny on their facebook... that's probably cause they want the winner of the show in their's ;).

gj ken well done :D

Kirbynator

Smash Apprentice
its still probably the most relevant information we can have about who wins it...

why else would someone like randy who has almost never talked to Ken have him on his facebook?... no reason at all if he didnt win.

TheBuzzSaw

Young Link Extraordinaire
BRoomer
*awaits "Corinne Hit By Truck" headline in the news*

SonicBoom2

Smash Journeyman
its still probably the most relevant information we can have about who wins it...

why else would someone like randy who has almost never talked to Ken have him on his facebook?... no reason at all if he didnt win.
Or they edit out all the parts randy is nice and they talk and make it seem like everyone dies of hunger and paranoia?

Kirbynator

Smash Apprentice
lol i doubt randy was ever nice to anyone since his dog died 5 years ago. And randy has almost nobody except Ken Corinne (and matty? not sure)

SonicBoom2

Smash Journeyman
lol i doubt randy was ever nice to anyone since his dog died 5 years ago. And randy has almost nobody except Ken Corinne (and matty? not sure)
He said most of them were nice ppl,
'cept really ignorant.
Wasnt there a part of Kenny hugging Randy after the feast?

TK Wolf

Smash Ace
Several people at Edgic are saying that Ken is a very likely winner. Towards the end there is doubt cast on the winner, and some negative edits.

THE IRON KENYAN

Smash Rookie
These people on the show are just so **** ********, I swear the producers must have rigged this game just so the stupid viewer can follow along.

nuro

Smash Lord
I hope everyone realizes how bad of a situation Ken is in right now.

Watch this and this.

Ken tries to persuade Sugar into going final 3 along with Crystal. Sugar realizes Ken is a snake (since he has already wasted his lies up before and continues to try to lie to her).

Sugar is probably going to have sympathy for Matty and might team with him and Susie to pick off either Ken, Bob, or Crystal. If that is a success it's GG for Ken.

Next episode should be exciting at least. :o)

Destati

Smash Cadet
I hope everyone realizes how bad of a situation Ken is in right now.

Watch this and this.

Ken tries to persuade Sugar into going final 3 along with Crystal. Sugar realizes Ken is a snake (since he has already wasted his lies up before and continues to try to lie to her).

Sugar is probably going to have sympathy for Matty and might team with him and Susie to pick off either Ken, Bob, or Crystal. If that is a success it's GG for Ken.

Next episode should be exciting at least. :o)
Ken tried using his "Mindgame" mentality in the real life. He's a snake and I'm actually happy his true disgusting colors are actually coming out now.

He's not going to win. They're going to figure that out soon enough. He won't even make it to the final 3. You can't keep tricking your way to the top. This isn't Melee. You can't exploit glitches or whatever phrase people use these days. You need to play on the same grounds as everyone else. Hopefully this will be a good life lesson for him.

Kirbynator

Smash Apprentice
Some are saying the matty image is Bob.

Ken tried using his "Mindgame" mentality in the real life. He's a snake and I'm actually happy his true disgusting colors are actually coming out now.

He's not going to win. They're going to figure that out soon enough. He won't even make it to the final 3. You can't keep tricking your way to the top. This isn't Melee. You can't exploit glitches or whatever phrase people use these days. You need to play on the same grounds as everyone else. Hopefully this will be a good life lesson for him.
looooool are you kidding? You need to play on the same grounds as everyone else? You cant keep tricking your way to the top ?!?!?!

go watch Hannah Montana jesus f' christ.

clowsui

Smash Legend
@Destati:

Have you watched any of the previous Survivor seasons? >_>;

Also Melee wasn't dominated by glitches or anything by any similar name/definition, lol

Who says you need to play on the same grounds as everyone else? If I'm smarter than someone, I need to dumb myself down for them and just hope to win on luck? LMFAO No one wins Survivor solely on luck. They need to make good alliances, have a good plan that accomodates immunity challenges, think one step ahead of the competition...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom