• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Survivor: Gabon - featuring Melee champion Ken

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jazzy200084

Smash Cadet
Technically, DK is an ape, so I think Ace got pwned by Diddy Bananas...

Edit: Dang... I meant GC, ty kr3wman

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
Wow, Ken played it smart picking Kelly. Wicked mindgames.

lol, also this,
Red Panda says (9:28 PM):
Silly Ken
You aren't going to win 1000000 that way
Kith//A Message In Mind says (9:28 PM):
he might win sex

Lirok

Smash Journeyman
On the subject of Ken's athletic ability, he apparently climbed Mt. Fuji at the age of 20. If this was information given by the show already I apologize.

Edit: This was information I got from facebook btw.

Yaya

Smash Champion
Not just any panda.

SAMURAIPanda.

Or he gets F-smashed by Gimpy when he's on the boat.

Either works.

kens got his numbers. i would get ace or sugar off next. they are the most threatening in the fong tribe. ken, crystal, gc should stick together and get kelly and matty to join them. ken is most likely in the merge. its all a matter of getting numbers on his side.

Yonder

Smashboard's 1st Sole Survivor
NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
If GC is actually gone for good somehow (lol I dought it), then the little Ken alliance is in slight trouble.

PND

Smash Champion
I'm pretty sure GC wandered off to tame the elephant that was owning that tree. He'll come back as King of the Beasts and take every singly challenge while riding his elephant,and then win the show. Ain't nothing stop a pimp. Or an rampaging elephant. Who'd vote him off?

PND

Smash Champion
DK would just Donkey Punch him into the stratosphere. And Diddy would hump his face off.

Cranky might eat GC. I could see that. I still vote GC, King of Beasts is what'll happen.

Swordplay

Smash Lord
KEN IS SO SMART....

He read Sugar like a book. They made the right choice in voting off
Jacquie.
Sugar does have the idol and they needed kelly in the group.

Ken's little alliance made a difficult but correct choice and are now bound to last a few more rounds.

I mean Ken is allied with a bunch of weaklings. BUT THEY GOT NUMBERS IT VOTES.

They should be able to hold out until the merge.

The loosers of fang will be winners due to Ken mind games and numbers.....

infomon

Smash Scientist
Eh, but Matty is mad that they kept the most incompetent girl; I suspect he'll cross the floor to join with Ace + Sugar + co. In which case, Ken + friends are screwwwwed... especially since everyone hates GC lol.

When is the merge?

Swordplay

Smash Lord
So then this is how the scenerio plays out.

Ken GC Crystal and Kelly

VS

Matty Ace Sugar and Immunity idol......

The immunity idol can only protect 1. If Ken and co are smart.....they'll pick Matty as he is least likely to be protected by the immunity idol.

that should leave a 4v2 scenario.....

Even if Ken and Co loose another member....it will be GC or Kelly. GC because everybody hates him and Kelly because she voted for ace in the begining. Ken and Crystal should be safe for now.....

I think those 2 can make it to the merge.

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
So then this is how the scenerio plays out.

Ken GC Crystal and Kelly

VS

Matty Ace Sugar and Immunity idol......

The immunity idol can only protect 1. If Ken and co are smart.....they'll pick Matty as he is least likely to be protected by the immunity idol.

that should leave a 4v2 scenario.....

Even if Ken and Co loose another member....it will be GC or Kelly. GC because everybody hates him and Kelly because she voted for ace in the begining. Ken and Crystal should be safe for now.....

I think those 2 can make it to the merge.
I like your reasoning. Let's see if it plays out that way.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
I'm pretty sure GC wandered off to tame the elephant that was owning that tree. He'll come back as King of the Beasts and take every singly challenge while riding his elephant,and then win the show. Ain't nothing stop a pimp. Or an rampaging elephant. Who'd vote him off?
I'm pretty sure Ken would vote him off, and NO, GC is not the pimp, Ken is!! he has Kelly.

Swordplay

Smash Lord
They cannot afford to vote GC off.

That would leave.....

Ace Matty Sugar and Imunity idol

vs

Kelly Ken and Crystal.

They need to vote Matty off first and then they can vote GC. that way the still have numbers.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
^ are you kiddin me, I'm sure she isn't as sweet as her name implies, Ken on the other hand better at least.. WIN!

greenblob

Smash Lord
This has been the first time I've actually gotten interested in analyzing the mindgames that go on in Survivor. Also, before I forget, happy birthday to Ken, maybe he'll get a "birthday surprise" from Kelly that involves protein...
http://www.sirlin.net/archive/playing-to-win-example-survivor/

Back on topic, I think Ken made a poor choice. In the short run it was great, but in the long run, not so much. Kelly is weak, and the next time she makes the tribe lose or pisses everyone off, the rest of the tribe is going to point at Ken. After Kelly's gone, Ken's going to become the scapegoat.

Steeler

Smash Hero
NNID
Steeler
Best move: Kenny choosing Kelly. Kenny is playing to WIN. He’s taking chances. Kelly seemed like a ridiculous choice and Kenny played it as such saying he chose her because “she’s hot.” Lie. He chose her because he sensed a lost puppy in need of a home and he believed he could use her vote to further his own game. Video gamers all over the world must be loving skinny little Kenny with the creepy long fingernails. Another one to watch out for down the stretch.

rofl this is Jeff Probst's blog on ew.com

too good

also sugar is TOO CUTE aaaaaaaaaaaa wtf kelly isn't anywhere near sugar's level.

anyone know where i can catch up on eps? i missed parts of 1, 2, and all of 3.

Sir Bedevere

Smash Lord
http://www.sirlin.net/archive/playing-to-win-example-survivor/

Back on topic, I think Ken made a poor choice. In the short run it was great, but in the long run, not so much. Kelly is weak, and the next time she makes the tribe lose or pisses everyone off, the rest of the tribe is going to point at Ken. After Kelly's gone, Ken's going to become the scapegoat.
I actually think it's the other way around. :/ Keeping Kelly has short term loses and long term gains. Though she may be weak and will lose them challenges (which means losing food comfort, members, etc), they(being, the Fang alliance) need only to put up with her for awhile before they merge. Then it all becomes individual. So long as the GC-Crystal-Ken-Kelly alliance holds true, they can make it through to the end and get a shot at winning. Keeping Jacquie would be much more of a risk. She's strong, yes, but her ties to Koda would be dangerous and unwanted when the Fang tribe is put on the ropes against Sugar's immunity idol.

Also, I doubt any of the Fang alliance vote for Kelly now, or anytime soon for that matter, no matter how bad she fares in the challenges, especially when they all voted for Jacquie over her. Her vote is what will help them win against old Koda and the immunity idol. And, once they make it far enough that her vote doesn't matter, they can kick her off.

Ken d0 g00d.

BTW, can anyone make a gif (roughly the size as the one in my sig) of Ken "raking" the water during the immunity challenge? I'll credit you and be your best friend forever. <3

Deadweight

Smash Ace
If I were ken this is what id do
Tell EVERYONE (ace included) that I was voting for sugar (weakest member sucks teh cawk w/e)
At tribal make it blantantly obvious Sugar is going home. & that Sugar couldnt have the idol cause shes blonde and stupid
Go vote
Sugar pulls out immunity idol
Ken goes O_O!
And the votes are read:
Ace Ace Kelly Ace Kelly Ace
Sugar wastes the idol
Ken keeps the alliance strong

Steeler

Smash Hero
NNID
Steeler
ken doesn't want to bring any attention to himself though. and sugar's alliance would likely all try to vote ken out.

greenblob

Smash Lord
Kelly will piss everyone off though. And when people start turning against her, they're going to start turning against Ken too. And when Kelly sees that everyone's turning against her, she will turn against Ken. Actually, she already did that.

Also, Jacquie was desperate--more desperate than Kelly it seems. They should've changed their minds told Jacquie that they're with her instead of giving her the cold shoulder. This would've gotten them a more valuable and perhaps more loyal ally and improved their chances of gaining Matty.

metalmonstar

Smash Lord
If I were ken this is what id do
Tell EVERYONE (ace included) that I was voting for sugar (weakest member sucks teh cawk w/e)
At tribal make it blantantly obvious Sugar is going home. & that Sugar couldnt have the idol cause shes blonde and stupid
Go vote
Sugar pulls out immunity idol
Ken goes O_O!
And the votes are read:
Ace Ace Kelly Ace Kelly Ace
Sugar wastes the idol
Ken keeps the alliance strong
For the sake of strength they need Ace really bad. He is one of the strongest players in the game. However he is also the most dangerous player. If they can get rid of Sugar, Ace will have nowhere to go. Neither Koda nor Fang trust him. So after the merge he would be alone without Sugar. He could be coaxed into the Fang alliance. They also need to get Matty back on their side. The fang people in the other tribe won't last long. I think The koda has already marked each of their days.

MajorasMask999

Smash Apprentice
Kelly will piss everyone off though. And when people start turning against her, they're going to start turning against Ken too. And when Kelly sees that everyone's turning against her, she will turn against Ken. Actually, she already did that.

Also, Jacquie was desperate--more desperate than Kelly it seems. They should've changed their minds told Jacquie that they're with her instead of giving her the cold shoulder. This would've gotten them a more valuable and perhaps more loyal ally and improved their chances of gaining Matty.
Jacquie was only desperate until the merge. She was seperated from Marcus, Charlie, and Corrine, her main alliance. Now she's with Ace and Kelly who she did not connect with at all, and people from another tribe that she could tell had an alliance.

She'd join with Ken/Crystal/GC until the merge, where she'd go back to her main alliance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom