• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Survivor: Gabon - featuring Melee champion Ken

Status
Not open for further replies.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
Crystal hasn't been very impressive at the immunity challenges, but I think a "Survivor: Olympics" season would be brilliant. Instead of having a bunch of random people be on survivor, you get 18/20 star Olympic athletes on Survivor.
Well watching Survivor made up by mostly an Olympic cast would only be as half as good, I mean look at Crystal when she was in Fang, they literally didn't have anything to eat, therfore she didn't show her true potential in some of these challenges.

I just remebered about Gillian lol.. worthless old hag:

EPIC: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jCLUJrzCViU

OmegaXXII

Hmm.. which brings me to who I would like to see in the final 3

either

Ken
Bob
Sugar

or

Ken
Matty
Crystal (or Sugar)

I absolutly dislike Corrine's ways, I hope she''ll be the next to be voted off.

Steeler

Smash Hero
NNID
Steeler
right now it looks like it'll be 1. ken 2. sugar 3. crystal...

sugar is so important right now. the fact that she's loyal to ken and crystal goes a LOOONG way. you'll see. corinne/bob will be the next to go and the fang five will be left. you can see a rift beginning between matty/susie and ken/crystal with sugar in the middle. the show hasn't shown this but it looks like both sides have attempted to set up a little 3 person alliance within that 5 by convincing sugar to side with them...and sugar is siding with ken/crystal. or at least it looks like it...

at that point, ken would win the million.

as long as there aren't any huge twists or matty doesn't win all of the immunities between fang five and finals...

sugar's too cute

Timbers

check me out
looks like its gonna be a season where the final 3 are hardly deserving lol.

Like no disrespect to Ken, Crystal, and Sugar...but there were a lot of contestants more deserving of the million than those 3. Sugar did jack all, as well as Crystal. Ken at least seems to be pulling his worth. It's hard to say, we're not getting like any insight on Ken during interviews. It'd be nice to see what his next moves will be. The camera has been too busy focusing on RAGE BAWWWWW of the tribe so far.

If it is those 3, Ken better win it. Crystal and Sugar have done like nothing.

infomon

Smash Scientist
Crystal's just been aligned with the right ppl and gotten lucky a number of times. But I don't get your beef with ken and Sugar.

Sugar's been playing the game well. She made a tight alliance with Ace and had some other "friends". She won herself individual immunity after everyone thought she wouldn't be smart enough. She's done well at befriending most people, and gotten herself into the powerful vote-splitting decision spot on multiple occasions now.

Ken's been doing amazing at this game. His interviews have given us lots of insight: he's learned to survive fine with no food or comfort, because he's able to keep those concerns totally secondary to his objective of winning the game. He was the mastermind behind some of the craziest votes in the game, has kept a solid core of ppl supporting him, and won a challenge both for himself and for his team.

How are these ppl not "survivors"? They're playing the game. The game isn't particularly about surviving in Africa, it's mostly about temporary alliances, blindsights for voting etc., as well as arbitrary "minigame" challenges for temporary advantages. If you think Bob "deserves" to win the most because he's the best at actually surviving the wilderness, then you're playing a different game, right?

Remzi

formerly VaBengal
NNID
Remziz4
3DS FC
0302-1081-8167
Crystal's just been aligned with the right ppl and gotten lucky a number of times. But I don't get your beef with ken and Sugar.

Sugar's been playing the game well. She made a tight alliance with Ace and had some other "friends". She won herself individual immunity after everyone thought she wouldn't be smart enough. She's done well at befriending most people, and gotten herself into the powerful vote-splitting decision spot on multiple occasions now.

Ken's been doing amazing at this game. His interviews have given us lots of insight: he's learned to survive fine with no food or comfort, because he's able to keep those concerns totally secondary to his objective of winning the game. He was the mastermind behind some of the craziest votes in the game, has kept a solid core of ppl supporting him, and won a challenge both for himself and for his team.

How are these ppl not "survivors"? They're playing the game. The game isn't particularly about surviving in Africa, it's mostly about temporary alliances, blindsights for voting etc., as well as arbitrary "minigame" challenges for temporary advantages. If you think Bob "deserves" to win the most because he's the best at actually surviving the wilderness, then you're playing a different game, right?
QFT

10 Truths

HeroMystic

Legacy of the Mario
NNID
HeroineYaoki
3DS FC
2191-8960-7738
I think Sugar having the immunity idol is a large upset for her favor.

That's why she hasn't been doing much, because she's relatively safe.

Albert

Smash Rookie
ken just needs to relax a bit, in my opinion. he's become a little too forward and obvious, and he'll be safer if he can reel it in and not be perceived as the undisputed "mastermind."
That is exactly the point I was thinking all of last night and today.

Yes he's breaking out of his shell on the show, and that's good. But now would be the ideal time to fall back a little and obscure the fact that he's become a power player on the show.

Well one could only hope.

Discolicious

Smash Apprentice
Ken needs to calm down a little and take crystal/sugar with him to the finals. He can't become a big threat or else when their down to 4 they'll gun for him

legendaryhero90

Smash Rookie
Ken needs to calm down a little and take crystal/sugar with him to the finals. He can't become a big threat or else when their down to 4 they'll gun for him
I think thats the situation no matter who is voted out at that point.

If Ken is in the final 5 or 4, it seems likely everyone is going to gun for him.

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
Kelly was definitely the hottest.

Corrine has fake boobs. No joke.

Could Sugar and Bob be trying to set up an alliance with each other and us Corrine as an extra vote (like how the onions used Bob?).

Conclusively

Smash Journeyman
I honestly did not expect Ken to make it this far, no offense. [Anyone else agree?] But, with epic mindgames, he has a good chance at winning.

OmegaXXII

Don't worry, you're not the only one. ;)

I honestly thought Ken was going to get eliminated early on due to his well... not so physique body, but yes, due to his mindgaming, mainly on Sugar, has helped him reach this far, and if he keeps it up, he's bound to make the final 3, I hope.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
lol. totally still cute. Sugar, Matty, Ken, and Bob have been my favorites from the get go. I'm glad to see they're all still in, and totally ******.

L2theZ

Smash Cadet
Honestly Ken has most likely got this in the bag unless Matty, Sugar, and Susie team up.

Ken is essentially a less intelligent version of Todd from China, and I'm not trying to put down Ken when I say that, it's just that Todd was in my opinion probably the best person to play the game. And it's ok that Ken can't see the variables and different outcomes like Todd did, because Ken is stuck with a bunch of idiots (as far as anyone who came into the game with a strategy goes). The only person that came close to Ken on that front was Marcus, and Marcus just happened to make some very unfortunate errors.

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
A point that a lot of cast-offs have been bringing up is that they probably would've gone much farther into the game if things didn't suddenly and randomly change, and that some players who are still in the game just got lucky. What do you all think of that? Skill vs. luck and randomness? Competitive vs. Casual Survivor?

clowsui

Smash Legend
Probst blog mentions something about how he can't wait for Ken to drop off, give up, get what he deserves, etc. because he's too cocky (lol not cocky at all).

Do you think this is a spoiler or is he just commentating as a viewer?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom