• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Survivor: Gabon - featuring Melee champion Ken

Status
Not open for further replies.

greenblob

Smash Lord
I kinda see this Ken-Crystal, Matty-Susie, Bob-Sugar 3-way alliance popping up...

Whoa... All of the extra vids have been up on youtube for a while... I gotta get on that!

This is the first interesting one I've watched beyond the Randy secret scene... Corinne says Ken is the only one with a brain, but...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g8YJxx4GkkA

Edit: Oh snap at the clip above me!
Corrine: No one likes each other
I think Ken and Matty might become the new Charlie and Marcus :p.

legendaryhero90

Smash Rookie
Hmm, is it worrying that Jeff Probst's in his blog says he can't wait until Ken will be blindsided for his arrogance.
im a little worried about this too.

and did everyone watch the video posted at the bottom of the blog.

Matty said the entire tribe is realizing that Ken is the "mastermind" and Crystal is the "muscle". He also said they have to go.

Does this mean that matty's going to be the one to FLIP on his own alliance?

I sure hope he votes off Crystal instead of Ken if the situation ever comes up...

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
I don't think he is outward about his arrogance around the other players. On the side interview when he spills his guts, though.... he lets it all out. And the jury sees that right? Who knew something like that could affect his chances at winning.

He and Crystal have pretty much gone from nothing to the most powerful, though, knocking out all the players that we originally thought would make it to the end. I'm sure the jury won't ignore his great playing, unless of course they have some grudge or make decisions based on emotions (such as idiots like Randy)

Funen1

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Funen1
Man, what a great episode. Pretty much every funny situation that others have mentioned, I found them funny too. I just have to wonder if Jeff even remotely got what he was saying to Ken about spacing (probably not though).

This is actually the first season of Survivor I've watched since All-Stars. I started watching Gabon because of Ken (no surprise there), and I'm being reminded just how much I like this series. One of the few good reality shows out there, and boy, can it be good.

EDIT: Almost forgot about the "next time" clip. Looks like Bob's trying to use a fake idol again (unless he managed to get Sugar's, but I doubt it). He said that Marcus had hidden the "merge feast" idol, but there are three things that could make Corrine realize she's being duped (other than the fact that he duped Randy already):

1 - While the contestants probably didn't know for sure out there, the cameras showed us viewers at home none other than the merge feast idol drifting out to sea. Unless CBS is trying to trick us in turn (unlikely), we can rest assured that whatever Bob has is fake.

2 - Correct me if I'm wrong, but if someone who has an idol gets eliminated, doesn't his/her idol return into circulation and must be found the old fashioned way (through clues)? Based on (limited) research I've done, I believe something to that effect happened in Micronesia.

3 - Marcus made absolutely no mention of slipping the idol away. There's a slim chance he knew the cameras would catch him explaining his plot and he decided to hide that fact, but otherwise the merge feast idol is no longer in play.

And Corrine thought the Fang 5 were stupid...

TheBuzzSaw

Young Link Extraordinaire
BRoomer
I have to disagree here. I thought alot about it, and if I were in their shoes and I knew for sure I had no chance of winning the game, I would self destruct and get voted off/quit ASAP. Bear in mind, this would only be if my defeat was ensured and I had 0% chance of victory. But I would rather go ahead and leave than stick around, on the verge of starvation, in terrible condition playing a game I know I cant win. Bonus point if your past the merge and get to go to the resort on the other end of the island (or in this case, a few miles away).
HAHAHAHA! What a dumb way to die.
i doubt you would. You get more money the furthest you go.
This. You increase your reward for lasting longer. Why not survive just one or two more rounds if you can? Going down with the ship is suicide.

jugfingers

Smash Champion
Randy uses the immunity idol

BUT ITS A PHANTOM HIT!

who else was laughing mad hard at matty and corrine trying to outspace ken, gg though.

Crystal calling randy a troll........too good.

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
Just saying, Probst and the jury don't see the confessionals or anything like that. Well, there's debate on whether Probst does. And yeah, the Matty thing initially had me worried, but since he said he was staying loyal tot he 5, and since Sugar said she was okay finishing second to Ken and would side with him and Crystal at 5...I don't think we need to be terribly worried.

Banee

Smash Cadet
This. You increase your reward for lasting longer. Why not survive just one or two more rounds if you can? Going down with the ship is suicide.
Well that I had no idea about. This just goes to show my lack of knowledge of the rules of survivor. I thought you either won the million or you didnt. I didnt realise their were rewards for going as far as you can go.

Swordplay

Smash Lord
I could not have been more wrong.

I thought randy would have shown the Fake II to everybody and play some fear.

Instead he kept it to himself and nullified its effect. A fake II is only good if people know you have it as it cannot save.

But I suppose its just that randy was stupid enough to believe that was an II.

By the way. I think Bob is bluffing about the II that was thrown away.

by the way this is intresting

http://www.cbs.com/primetime/surviv...h_nETnV95h23mfqCzB2stKehthelJ&play=true&cc=95

Levitas

the moon
The bigger your alliance is, the more dangerous a flip is. Since Ken and crystal are the core of their alliance, the people most at risk at the moment are them and Corrine/whoever she's with these days.

Ken does have a target on his back at the moment, we'll see how it plays out over the next few episodes. Hopefully the fact that he won immunity this time doesn't make him seem like a bigger threat than he is.

TK Wolf

Smash Ace
That was definitely smart, Ken.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lY_w1GsaP7I

Though I think he should have thrown the immunity challenge. It wouldn't matter if him, Matty, or Corine won. Randy was going, and winning draws negative attention.

Bob looked sad. I felt bad too when I saw Randy's expression. I was cracking up when they made the plan, but when it went down Randy was so disappointed that it was hard to laugh.

And wtf? Bob actually had the immunity idol the whole time? That's really hard to believe... Could it be true? Why would Marcus give him the idol instead of keeping it himself?

EDIT: HE'S BECOME A MAN!

Swordplay

Smash Lord
And wtf? Bob actually had the immunity idol the whole time? That's really hard to believe... Could it be true? Why would Marcus give him the idol instead of keeping it himself?

Exactly, Hes lying.

He is just playing Corrine. He realizes the Kota alliance is falling and that he needs to make good with the others. But at the same time, He is playing her for a jury vote.

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
I'm pretty sure that it's just a bluff on Bob's part, because really, if Marcus slipped the idol out of the bottle he'd PROBABLY have used it the episode he went in order to get Ken out. And yeah, Ken's auction strategy was sweet.

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer
I've never laughed harder. I hated Randy. Hated him so much. No one will ever love him, and he'll die lonely, depressed, and no one will miss him.

Love, Xsyven.

HeroMystic

Legacy of the Mario
NNID
HeroineYaoki
3DS FC
2191-8960-7738
Bob looked sad. I felt bad too when I saw Randy's expression. I was cracking up when they made the plan, but when it went down Randy was so disappointed that it was hard to laugh.
Maybe I'm an ******* or something, but that expression was when I laughed the hardest. Randy getting mindgamed was priceless.

Now of course, I would feel bad for Bob too, because he was responsible. However, he played it smart, just like how anyone else would've. It's human nature to feel guilty for being the reason of one's downfall.

Still full of lawls though.

legendaryhero90

Smash Rookie
Am I the only one who is bothered by the fact that Matty MENTIONS that Ken and Crystal has to go?

Ken has a bounty on his head now its not looking good...

Kirbynator

Smash Apprentice
I don't think he is outward about his arrogance around the other players. On the side interview when he spills his guts, though.... he lets it all out. And the jury sees that right? Who knew something like that could affect his chances at winning.
no they dont

the jury votes on Gabon before going home and seeing any footage ever

TK Wolf

Smash Ace
After Bob gave Randy a fake idol, would Corine really believe him? I mean, unless he can make a convincing story as to why he needed to backstab Randy, I don't see the point in it.

legendaryhero90

Smash Rookie
no they dont

the jury votes on Gabon before going home and seeing any footage ever
i hope thats true.

Are they allowed to talk about the game afterward as well?

If so, then every person who is voted off may "inform" the jury of the most up to date about game and that may skew the jury's votes.

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
i dont see how ken can win,
marcus, charlie, randy and corrinne will never vote for him.
and since hes seen as leader of the new group, any of them that he decides as to go after bob and corrinne are gone will feel betrayed and not vote him.

Timbers

check me out
As far as rewards go to people for simply sticking it out on this show, what kind of numbers are we talking for payouts? Anyone know?

Kirbynator

Smash Apprentice
and since hes seen as leader of the new group, any of them that he decides as to go after bob and corrinne are gone will feel betrayed and not vote him.
i disagree

I think everyone in the whole jury could vote for ken except probably marcus.

And its not like when they eliminate someone that they see it as HIM doing it (as you guys all seem to think...)
As far as rewards go to people for simply sticking it out on this show, what kind of numbers are we talking for payouts? Anyone know?
100k for normal season for 2nd and 200k for all-star seasons
3rd is about 50k and the rest dont get too much but still get some Ks

legendaryhero90

Smash Rookie
not unless the alliance itself breaks at that point.

then no one should feel betrayed.

and marcus, charlie, randy and corrinne will vote for him if he brings Crystal and ONLY Crystal with him to the Final 2.

meaning Ken has to ditch Matty sooner or later if he wants to win.

Or more than likely, they can all just blindside Ken... which would stink but meh...

I'll stop watching the moment Ken gets voted out.

I won't care who wins then.

TK Wolf

Smash Ace
I dunno, I can see Randy and Corine voting for Ken. They'd respect how he played the game and made tactical decisions. And if Crystal and Suzie or Sugar make it with him to final 3, they'll DEFINITELY pick Ken over either of them.

legendaryhero90

Smash Rookie
I dunno, I can see Randy and Corine voting for Ken. They'd respect how he played the game and made tactical decisions. And if Crystal and Suzie or Sugar make it with him to final 3, they'll DEFINITELY pick Ken over either of them.
but then Ken would have to win Immunity idol then to pick whose going to the Final 2.

and more than likely if he loses the Immunity challenge then, he would get the boot if Ken is that well-liked by the Jury. (which at this point, I believe is true though things can happen along the line later on)

Praxis

Smash Hero
BRoomer
Unless the finalists are Ken and Susie.
Then EVERYONE will vote Ken.

Praxis

Smash Hero
BRoomer
This episode was great. Ken outspaced his opponents xD

However, I don't understand why Bob did what he did. Betraying his own alliance because Sugar asked him to?

Turbo Ether

Smash Master
I'm curious who Ken plans to take to the top 3, Susie or Matty? Taking Matty would be most honorable, but would be harder to win against. Taking Susie would be an easier win, but he would end up back-stabbing his buddy, Matty.

Assuming Ken's top 3 is Crystal, Susie and himself, the other 4 players could team up to break his alliance.

GenericKen

Smash Cadet
If taking Sugar and Crystal is an option, it might be best. He wouldn't have to worry about dismantling her immunity idol, which would be pretty difficult when it gets down to 5.

Feeline

Smash Rookie
Second place gets $100,000, third gets $60,000, all players receive an extra $10,000 for appearing on the reunion. That's pretty much all that is known.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom