• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Survivor: Gabon - featuring Melee champion Ken

Status
Not open for further replies.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
Ken is definetly too good, ironically he's made it this far, but who knows for how long, I hope it's till' the end.

also, why would Ken turn into mew2king if Ken wins lol..?

hippochinfat!!

Smash Lord
Part of me thinks he'll win but part of me thinks he'll be blindsided. Matty isn't the smartest guy, he trusted Ace because he said he swore on his mother's life.

Funen1

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Funen1
Part of me thinks he'll win but part of me thinks he'll be blindsided. Matty isn't the smartest guy, he trusted Ace because he said he swore on his mother's life.
Not to mention Matty swore on his girlfriend, but he did say after Ace was voted out that he would try not to get himself into that kind of situation again.

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
In response to Crazn, watch Season 7: Pearl Islands Panama. It's got a TON of good stuff in it. The good stuff in Cook Islands is made possible by Jonathan, Marquesas is good for an older one, so is the first one (Borneo). I tend to really like Guatemala, but you'll appreciate it more if you've seen more of the earlier ones. Just...whatever you do, do NOT watch Thailand or Fiji. Fiji's considered everybody's least favourite season (barring ONE episode), and Thailand's by many considered to be the worst. As has been said, China and Micronesia are good. The rest are okay to check out, and Palau has some historic stuff that hasn't happened since in it, but yeah, to recommend four: Borneo (season 1), Pearl Islands (season 7), China (season 15), and Micronesia: Fans vs Favourites (season 16). The nostalgia factor of season 1 might not hold up with you though. And I'm hoping Ken kicks *** more, of course.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
Well. all we can do is wait and see, meanwhile I say Randy will be next in line to be eliminated, why? because he's a total psycho.

TheBuzzSaw

Young Link Extraordinaire
BRoomer
Regardless of how the game actually plays out on Thursday, I will be happy if any of Corinne, Randy, or Bob goes home (preferably in that order).

Timbers

check me out
This one is to all the Survivor buffs here. What past seasons would you guys recommend watching? I've already watched Micronesia, and I heard that China is pretty good. Any suggestions?
China is definitely good. Lots interesting **** going on and I personally felt that China was the most colorful group of survivors so far. They were all pretty cool in their own respect.

TheBuzzSaw

Young Link Extraordinaire
BRoomer
Hey guys, I know it's fun to talk about other seasons of Survivor, but we really ought to keep the focus on the current season. Yes, it is perfectly fine to reference other seasons in discussing the current season (citing examples, etc.), but no more just chit chatting about other seasons.

greenblob

Smash Lord
Is it just me or is this season less...I can't really find the right word...something... than the previous seasons? It's definitely entertaining, but it just seems like there's something missing. In the previous seasons, there definitely were people I was rooting for and was sad to see voted off, but this time around it seems like everyone's much less likable. I was rooting for only Ken (well, duh) and Charlie (the only likable person this season imo) but I wasn't disappointed to see Charlie, nor anyone else, go, and I don't think I'll be particularly sad to see Ken go (if it happens). Nor was I particularly happy to see anyone voted off. The only person I'd like to see go at this point is Corrine (who I thought would be interesting at first but then turned out to be rather one-dimensional).

crazn137

Smash Journeyman
I actually want Randy to stay in a bit longer. He's annoying as ****, but he makes me laugh on the inside :D

Too bad he's got a chance of going next. I think the order of Eliminations will be Randy, Corinne, then Bob. It seems to me that Ken and most of his alliance tend to vote depending on grudges and emotions... :(

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
Well, actually voting out Charlie was smart. Sugar and Susie don't like Randy and Corinne, so they'll be less likely to flip to say, Corinne/Randy if they're the last two of that alliance, than if the last two of the alliance was Charlie/Bob.

Kirbynator

Smash Apprentice
Is it just me or is this season less...I can't really find the right word...something... than the previous seasons? It's definitely entertaining, but it just seems like there's something missing. In the previous seasons, there definitely were people I was rooting for and was sad to see voted off, but this time around it seems like everyone's much less likable. I was rooting for only Ken (well, duh) and Charlie (the only likable person this season imo) but I wasn't disappointed to see Charlie, nor anyone else, go, and I don't think I'll be particularly sad to see Ken go (if it happens). Nor was I particularly happy to see anyone voted off. The only person I'd like to see go at this point is Corrine (who I thought would be interesting at first but then turned out to be rather one-dimensional).
yep

theres a simple reason in my opinion. If it wasnt that we ''know'' ken, this season would really suck.

The people suck and the place isnt great compared to the islands and places like that.

Ryanarius

Smash Journeyman
Just want to clear this up before the episode airs tomorrow.

What's the ruling on spoiler?

last time I saw a good people complaining about not having spoiler tags but it seems like from 8est onwards you should pretty much expect every post to be spoiler.

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
I don't know what the ruling about episode spoilers is, but I never check here while the episode's actually airing, so I can't comment on it. And I don't think there's a problem with this cast at all (minus Corinne). I mean, I can think of 5, possibly 6 seasons that're worse than this. This season is just being seen as "not that good" because it happens to follow a phenomenal Micronesia. Because of that, people are spoiled (in a different way) on what makes a good season and have their expectations raised to the point that they expect every season to be on the Micronesia level. I thought Ken was awesome when I found out some "quirky little video gamer" was on the cast, and I still think his game's pretty good now.

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
Honestly the spoilers thing was only done because one guy complained. Just don't read the thread until the show has aired if you want to avoid spoilers since people will obviously be talking about the show then. There are plenty of other things to be doing than reading this thread.

**** just masturbate if you really need to spend time >_> (you could make it survivor related as well, Kelly is top tier).

Timbers

check me out
Definitely this.

Really hard to get attached to any of the survivors this season. Like, the way the game has progressed was definitely nice to see. Lots of blindsides and ****. Hmm but I dunno, we haven't really heard anything from any of the survivors so far. Anytime they're interviewed is because they hate somebody else it seems lol. We've barely gotten a look into strategical thinking here. At most we'll get maybe 5mins of discussion as to who's gonna get blindsided and that's it.

Randy and Matty are really the only two keeping this season better than average right now. They're the most expressive of the remainders, easily. Randy's a trip, and Matty's been pretty interesting throughout. I'd love to see both of those two stay until the end but I don't see Randy staying anymore than 2 episodes, and Matty is definitely a physical threat.

I had high hopes for Charlie and Ace being interesting players, but of course they got voted out.

Steeler

Smash Hero
NNID
Steeler
ugh this'll be the first time since ep 3 that i don't watch, since i'll be with my dad watching the steelers game.

survivor is gonna be on my mind until friday afternoon when i can watch online.

avoiding this thread too.

MikeHaggarTHAKJB

Smash Master
Can someone tell me in how many hours this airs? Obviously since i live in sweden it's not on TV (maybe on some obscure channel i dont have idk) i DL it and watch it just cuz Ken is on the show. And I can't ****ing wait and I want to know when I should start checking torrent sites every half second.
(don't tell me which time it airs, obviously the times are all different here, just tell me how many hours until it airs)

Steeler

Smash Hero
NNID
Steeler
i had a weeeeeeird dream last night where i was apparently on survivor. i think i was allies with sugar and we had to fool the rest of the people or something so held my hand. and we got in the back seat of some car, i think matty was driving lol. and there wasn't much room in the back but her body felt warm!

@___________________________________________________@

i missed my first class today because of it lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom