• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Brothers Crusade - v0.9.0 Demo Available for download!

Falcon88

Smash Ace
I would like Doc also. And, I played Melee not long ago and used Pichu. It was very satisfying to kick the crap out of my brother's Ganondorf.

That is, after losing three times.

Anyway, I can't say whether either of those guys will be in the game.

DBlock14

Smash Journeyman
OK, lets get one thing straight here, Pichu is a crapy-*** clone that disgraces Pikachu. The ONLY character that he can possibly defeat is Mewtwo. Now Doc, personally, I don't anything to do with Mario but, I'd rather him in the game and not the original Mario

JOE!

Smash Hero
I would like Doc also. And, I played Melee not long ago and used Pichu. It was very satisfying to kick the crap out of my brother's Ganondorf.

That is, after losing three times.

Anyway, I can't say whether either of those guys will be in the game.
why would you put either in the game as-is?

Doc is seriously an alt costume of mario with a buffed B, Fsmash and different Fair.....he should just stay as an alt costume for mario with the pills replacing fireballs cosmetically.

As for Pichu....give him an actual good moveset that isnt a blatant, but 10x worse version of pika's and we'll talk >.>

D

Deleted member

I don't support the idea of Doc being an alt costume. I would rather have him as a buffed up clone or not in the game at all. But seeing as he is Mario, I doubt he will be in Crusade.

As for Pichu, I liked Pichu, and I play as it for the lulz at times, but I don't think Pichu should return. I used to, but then I made a 64 character roster for the next Smash that seemed better off without Pichu.

@TKbreezy

Follow me on Twitter!
NNID
TKbreezy
Umm, First post in here. YAYY!!

OK, so I downloaded this game yesterday and realized that however I set my controls had ****ed me up hardcore. When I go home and play some more I'll get back to you about how good I really think it is (it's pretty good so far btw)

also what about Roy?
and instead of Pichu I'd Rather have Squirtle or Blaziken or something (a fighting type humanshape pokemon.)

Can I simulate tap jump if I set jump and Up to the same button?

Smash Apprentice
Roy hasn't been announce yet but i think falco told me that there is still more sword users going to be added
so maybe

if DR.Mario isn't in the game ill be happy if they just add a stage from his game

ensane

Smash Apprentice
Just a few suggestions:
-The cpu seems to love being directly below you when you're in the air. Is that normal?
-Maybe have bomberman's bombs explode when it hits a hitbox
-Dunno if the spike on zss down-b is gone, just wondering
-Really would like a way to quit a match without killing myself 3 times

@TKbreezy

Follow me on Twitter!
NNID
TKbreezy
so after further playing

RYU IS DA BEST ADDITION TO ANY NON-STREET FIGHTER GAME EVER!!!!

i love playing as ryu...lol

other then that game is pretty good...I still havent worked my way with controls yet so I like never block but atleast i can recover now...good stuff guys

D

Deleted member

F3 and Enter.
Makes a No Contest.
I also find not being able to grab ledges with ZSS's Up Special. Is this intentional, or no?

JOE!

Smash Hero
I don't support the idea of Doc being an alt costume. I would rather have him as a buffed up clone or not in the game at all. But seeing as he is Mario, I doubt he will be in Crusade.

As for Pichu, I liked Pichu, and I play as it for the lulz at times, but I don't think Pichu should return. I used to, but then I made a 64 character roster for the next Smash that seemed better off without Pichu.
Ok, but look at it this way: if he is put in, and isnt just an alt costume for mario....wtf is the point of him being there other than being a blatant mario clone?

D

Deleted member

To provide Melee fans of Doc their character. And to represent the Dr. Mario series, which is a famous Puzzle series from Nintendo.
Besides, he had differences from Mario in Melee that making him just an alt costume would seem like a betrayal to his Melee fans. I know A LOT of people that preferred Doc's playing style over Mario's.

JOE!

Smash Hero
what moves were seriously different though?

His neutral B

Fair (didnt spike)

Fsmash

....thats it o_O

how was his style seriously that different? Sure, on average he is very slightly stronger, and has a few angle-changes here and there...but that's IT. Really, there is no need for him to take up a character slot when he really, REALLY is just a glorified alt costume

ensane

Smash Apprentice
Lol, i also agree that doc would be a bit redundant. Also, thanks I didn't know about the F3 thing. I feel like i cheated you out of a problem so here's another :). Why does pikachu's thunder go through platforms?

Smash Apprentice

His neutral B

Fair (didnt spike)

Fsmash

....thats it o_O

how was his style seriously that different? Sure, on average he is very slightly stronger, and has a few angle-changes here and there...but that's IT. Really, there is no need for him to take up a character slot when he really, REALLY is just a glorified alt costume
this is crusude not melee his moves could be different

also maybe he could just be a expansion character same for pichu

D

Deleted member

His neutral B

Fair (didnt spike)

Fsmash

....thats it o_O

Side B was a Super Sheet, and he had farther reach.
The Doc Tornado scattered opponents.
His moves were slower and stronger.
Doc iz hier on t3h TIRE LIST! (Ignore that one.)

DBlock14

Smash Journeyman
Lol, i also agree that doc would be a bit redundant. Also, thanks I didn't know about the F3 thing. I feel like i cheated you out of a problem so here's another :). Why does pikachu's thunder go through platforms?
i asked that too. I said i didn't like having the advantage of it being able to go throught the platforms (aahhhhh my very firstr post) *ahem* uhh anyway, it doesn't look like its gonna be changed, so were gonna have to deal with it

Smash Apprentice
D block 14 your level up card link is broken

also what if the had a team rocket character

what Pokemon would you want him/her to have

D

Deleted member

If Jessie & James, Arbok, Weezing, and Meowth or Golbat, in case Meowth is playable on his own.
Golbat being a reference to Puzzle League.

ensane

Smash Apprentice
Moar stuff:
-zss can't grab a stunned opponent
-everyone seems to have the same horizontal air speed; is this on purpose? i can't catch up to enemies in midair even with "fast" characters
-no rise with luigi's tornado
-snake's recovery can't be cancelled, leaving him a floating target

sorry if i complain too much, i would just rather have the things in the game to be working than have new stuffs

Smash Apprentice
Moar stuff:
-zss can't grab a stunned opponent
-everyone seems to have the same horizontal air speed; is this on purpose? i can't catch up to enemies in midair even with "fast" characters
-no rise with luigi's tornado
-snake's recovery can't be cancelled, leaving him a floating target

sorry if i complain too much, i would just rather have the things in the game to be working than have new stuffs
http://ssbc.motionsforum.com/the-ssbc-suggestion-topics-f4/glitch-reports-game-play-t6.htm this is where you post bugs/glitches

D

Deleted member

if they were to add a naruto character, which onw whould u want to see and if it was a choice between Neji, Pain, or Deidera, who would it be

If a Naruto character would be added, it would be Naruto....
Duh.
I know you love characters that are not the main stars/overshadowed (Luigi), but you need to think logically about this.

D

Deleted member

hey I know it would be naruto but lets just say there were no sprites for Naruto, what character would you wanna see in the game?
No one. If Naruto's not in it, I don't think anyone from Naruto should be playable.
It's like if we had Vegeta, Frieza, or Hercule without Goku. I would not be happy. Hell, even if Broly was playable, I wouldn't care unless Goku was in first.

D

Deleted member

Regarding my last post, it wouldn't especially make since if Broly went "KAKAROOOOOOOT!!!!" but Kakarot (Goku) isn't in the game.

If Broly was playable and his taunt was "KAKAROOOOOOT!!!!", I would Spam that taunt...

Top Bottom