• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Brothers Crusade - v0.9.0 Demo Available for download!

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
SCREW MARIO!!!!!! GOD **** IT!!!!!!!! It's always "Mario this" "Mario that" "Mario do this" "Mario do that" Like honestly NO MORE MARIO!!!!!!!!

Calm down. Whether you like it or not, Mario is the most famous Nintendo character and the "face" of Nintendo, so to speak.

When you think of Nintendo, who do you think of first?

By the way, I think that the logo is fine the way it is without characters, but I might try to make it look better in C4D or something.

D

Deleted member

I think of Sonic. *Shot*

But seriously, even Mario's Melee trophy calls him "Mr. Nintendo".

jahkzheng

Smash Lord
Calm down. Whether you like it or not, Mario is the most famous Nintendo character and the "face" of Nintendo, so to speak.

When you think of Nintendo, who do you think of first?

By the way, I think that the logo is fine the way it is without characters, but I might try to make it look better in C4D or something.
I agree Werekill...

If you put a character in the logo then you're only paying homage to that single character. In a game that's likely going to have dozens of characters, it wouldn't be fair to have only one represented as well as totally unrealistic to have them all represented. And in the event that one would be chosen (I think its very unlikely), then all the respective fans of all the other characters would take exception to it. It's just better in the long run to not have to make a decision that would potentially upset people, lol. *imagines Dblock if anyone other than Luigi or Pika was selected*

On another note, I have a suggestion for the logo. Seeing as it is Super Smash Bros. Crusade, maybe it would be cool to have the smash logo represented by a crusade style shield - either as the shield's design, shape, or both. Just a thought, but if you look up crusader shields on google or something, you might get what I mean. In fact...

Example: http://eagleswords.com/library/MedievalCrusaderShield5.jpg

...See the potential, xD. Cool, post #100

Anyways, good luck with all this and I look forward to what interesting content this project will come up with next.

Falcon88

Smash Ace
Definitely not just one character... we don't want to pick favorites.

On another note, I have a suggestion for the logo. Seeing as it is Super Smash Bros. Crusade, maybe it would be cool to have the smash logo represented by a crusade style shield - either as the shield's design, shape, or both. Just a thought, but if you look up crusader shields on google or something, you might get what I mean. In fact...

Example: http://eagleswords.com/library/MedievalCrusaderShield5.jpg

...See the potential, xD. Cool, post #100

Anyways, good luck with all this and I look forward to what interesting content this project will come up with next.
Thanks for the suggestion, that would actually make the title more meaningful, I think.

TheBuzzSaw

Young Link Extraordinaire
BRoomer
My engine is still in development, but ironically, all it features is a character bleeding profusely. XD

(Testing the particle engine...)

D

Deleted member

Smash Bros. with blood=fail IMO. Especially in a Nintendo All-Stars game.

Blood doesn't make a game good. I mean, look at Soul Calibur. No blood, yet still a great fighting series.

Jaklub

Smash Journeyman
lol No no you got it all wrong. The only person I don't want to see is Mario

:mario2::smiliegor
There are many people who don't know sh... about other Nintendo characters than Mario. So for advertising purposes, which character would you pick?

Anyway, I don't want any characters in logo.

TheBuzzSaw

BRoomer
Smash Bros. with blood=fail IMO. Especially in a Nintendo All-Stars game.

Blood doesn't make a game good. I mean, look at Soul Calibur. No blood, yet still a great fighting series.
I won't be using the particle engine for blood spouting. It was just an ironic test once I turned it all red. I agree that blood is useless in enhancing in the experience (and in many cases, drives people away needlessly).

D

Deleted member

No. Soul Calibur 4 was on the PS3 and Xbox 360.
Then Soul Calibur Broken Destiny came for the PSP.

I wouldn't say it's dead. That's like saying Smash Bros. is dead.

@TheBuzzSaw: Ironically, blood seems to be attracting people into games nowadays, and when a change happens in a game that was originally going to have excess gore becomes only slightly bloody, people throw fits. (For example, when Gladiator A.D. became Tournament of Legends.)

D

Deleted member

Can't forget those either. Especially the likes of Street Fighter. HADOKEN!

Though my reference was a weapons game, and the fact that it's a great series even if the swords don't decapitate opponents or cut off arms.

thaCASHdude

Smash Apprentice
yeah MK is cool!

anyway back to SSBC - it would be cool if there was a MK character in it :p

DBlock14

Smash Journeyman
Scorpion being in it lol "GET OVER HERE" I got an idea for his move list

NeutralS= Hellflip Kick (Armageddon)

SideS= Bloody Spear (choose witch direction to throw to)

DownS= Combo Breaker (also from Armageddon, stops enemy attack fully and you are open to an attack but, you have to time the counter right)

UpS= Hellfire Teleport

FS (Evil Smile) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2TXPFgRsVUE watch from 2:10

JOE!

Smash Hero
so, you do realize thats only the specials section of a set, right?

there are AT LEAST 16 inputs to a set....

JOE!

Smash Hero
no thats not true. it takes too much time typing it all and there is only 15 inputs the side smashes are the same
*ahem*

N-Spec

Side-Spec

Up-Spec

Down-Spec

4 "specials"

Jab

Dash Attack

F-Tilt

U-Tilt

D-Tilt

that's 5 "standards"

F-smash

U-smash

D-smash

3 "smashes"

N-Air

F-Air

B-Air

D-Air

U-Air

5 "aerials"

Grab / Pummel

F-Throw

B-throw

D-throw

U-throw

5-6 "throw" moves if you count grab/pummel as one or two things

then there's:

Ledge attack

Ledge Attack over 100%

Tripped attack

Get-up attack

making 4 "situationals" that nobody ever really thinks about

In total: 26-27 moves total

this DOES NOT include things such as shields, dashing, jumps, etc, etc, etc....

so no, listing 4 specials IS NOT a moveset

Smash Apprentice
yes wario, young link and Saki are all planed for the last demo for ssbc
maybe they add more people

though i want pichu, DR. Mario , Zelda,captain falcon, falco, Yoshi and Lucas

JOE!

Smash Hero
hold on, why do you want Dr Mario and pichu?

the former is a glorified alt-costume for mario, and the latter is just ****tier-pikachu who hurts himself @_@

not to be rude, but it's just a case of: Why make the blatant clones when we could have new characters?

TheBuzzSaw

BRoomer
12347, do us all a mega favor. Try using capitalization, grammar, punctuation, and coherent thought. It enhances the discussion greatly.

Top Bottom