• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Brothers Crusade - v0.9.0 Demo Available for download!

JOE!

Smash Hero
I'm probably not the right guy to ask. While I certainly do not think that everything in Melee is pure and holy, I tend to side with more of Melee's physics mechanisms than Brawl's. In the case of air dodging, I like the fact that the air dodge is something you do out of desperation and have to pay for. You get one good dodge (along with the directional slide), but then you are prone thereon out. I was really put off with Brawl's idea of multiple dodges.
which leads to jigglypuff being a god as if you try and air-dodge while recovering to avoid her off-stage, you die anyways.....

Plasmakirby1

Smash Journeyman
Just got to playing this now, and I think it could be better than super smash flash 2! Are you planning to have custom characters available, like MUGEN? also, bomberman is so far my fav. I'll definitely be sure to look out for more updates.

also, for air dodges, I say have one melee air dodge, then all air dodges until you hit the ground are brawl air dodges

Smash Apprentice
the dev. of crusude said no more updates after the next one so yeah

the next one is the last demo

after that you have to wait for the full game

OR if the ssf2 dev stop spam this is "there and stuff " on the forums they will be more updates

Jaklub

Smash Journeyman
I thought that nasty sprite conflict stopped. How wrong was I.

Hope SSF2 devs will finally use those sprites instead of making few maps for a year.

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
I'm glad to see that TheBuzzSaw is in here now, lol. Aren't you working on your own non-smash platform fighter?

By the way, I'll work really hard to settle this sprite issue after I get back from Colorado.

Falcon88

Smash Ace
What exactly IS melee style fastfalling lol?
Well, I guess you could also compare it to Brawl's as it's pretty much the same. I just mean that the fast faling actually looks like fast falling. You see a little star effect and the character goes quickly to their maximum fast fall speed. This makes short hopped aerials more effective and makes it easier to return to the ground.
which leads to jigglypuff being a god as if you try and air-dodge while recovering to avoid her off-stage, you die anyways.....
Ugh, you have a point there. I think if we had that kind of air dodge, there would end up being more gravity. Heck, the game would turn into Melee.

TheBuzzSaw

Young Link Extraordinaire
BRoomer
I'm glad to see that TheBuzzSaw is in here now, lol. Aren't you working on your own non-smash platform fighter?

By the way, I'll work really hard to settle this sprite issue after I get back from Colorado.
Yeah, I'm working on Zero2D, which is a spiritual successor to MUGEN. It'll allow plugging in of characters created by players like MUGEN did. Mine will be smash-physics instead of typical fighter physics. :)

Smash Apprentice
sound great cant wait to try it out
back on topic what young link are you guys putting in the game toon or the one from majors mask

Phantom7

Banned via Warnings
sound great cant wait to try it out
back on topic what young link are you guys putting in the game toon or the one from majors mask
He is very similar to WW, FS, and TMC Link, with a moveset that highly resembles Toon Link. But there are a few definite changes, to make him less like Link.

DBlock14

Smash Journeyman
any chance on the game being sped up it lags so much i feel like i wanna fall a sleep (not trying to sound rude) the game would be a lot more entertaining if it was faster

Smash Apprentice
yeah tootaly agree need to go faster please

man ssf2 dev are trying to blam me for the whole ssbc dev. vs ssf2 dev. what a pain

so what are you guys going to do realse the demo early or later to make it better

D

Deleted member

In my honest opinion, I feel that the next Demo should not be released until the sprite ordeal has been completely cleared up...

Alex-Hunter

Smash Rookie
Hi, Im new and Im want to say that your game is **** awesome, I have been playing for a time and I have to say is one of the best games I have played (and to think is only the demo), great job guys *thumbs up*

By the way, I have playing with all the characters and versus all the characters inthe demo (0.3.1), and all the characters are ok, but, I feel "Link" is a little too powerful, not only in CPU but in player too, I mean, I attack him with different characters and nobody can pass the sword, the sword cancel and block every attack of every character, I tried to counte a weak sword attack with the EX-Tatsumaki senpuukyaku, and the sword kill me... and I only have 80% of damage, and Link have 125% of damage and a charged neutral smash attack didn't kill him.

Also, I been having some trouble with the reaction, when I jump and touch the floor, I can't shield immediately or even move, I have to press two time the button I want to use.

This are the only problem I have encounter as I have play, everything except that are working very fine.

Falcon88

Smash Ace
Yes, the game is supposed to run at 60 frames when at full speed. You can even change the game speed to 75 or 90 fps using the VS settings (or you can even slow it down). I understand what you mean though. Even at full speed, I think it might be a bit slow. I can't decide how to remedy this.

Smash Apprentice
no but if you connect a xbox 360 conntroller to your computer and download joytokey you can use your xbox conntroller

jahkzheng

Smash Lord
I'm guessing the problem is the computer. If I'm running anything else on my older computer the game lags. That effect really doesn't have anything to do with the game speed that has been coded in.

Btw, I've enjoyed the mp3 capabilities you guys added. I wanted to ask though, has the issue of having to break up the upload been resolved or is that something that you guys plan to continue doing? Also, hopefully all that sprite stuff resolves itself. Take you're time on the next upload in any case. lucky post #99!

DBlock14

Smash Journeyman
I'm guessing the problem is the computer. If I'm running anything else on my older computer the game lags. That effect really doesn't have anything to do with the game speed that has been coded in.

Btw, I've enjoyed the mp3 capabilities you guys added. I wanted to ask though, has the issue of having to break up the upload been resolved or is that something that you guys plan to continue doing? Also, hopefully all that sprite stuff resolves itself. Take you're time on the next upload in any case. lucky post #99!
but i make sure i don't run anything else i close the desktop explorer in the task manager (I have XP) and everything else that's running until the only thing that's running on my profile is SSBC and it still runs slowly and my computer is only 2years old

D

Deleted member

You have no control for what discussion is made.
As long as it's about Crusade in some way, it is on-topic.

And you REALLY need to work on your grammar...

D

Deleted member

I am calm. I am simply telling you that you don't control the discussion and that your grammar needs work.

To answer your question: the Kamehameha.

Top Bottom