• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Brothers Crusade - v0.9.0 Demo Available for download!

DBlock14

Smash Journeyman
what jiggs is not more powerful than mewtwo but i guess that just your oppinion than how
i think mewtwo is better than pika
I didn't say powerful and you're just saying that to make me upset. Pikachu is flat out better and you know it, in speed, power, and maneuverability, so don't even go there.

And borack, are you saying you disagree with the TIERS R 4 QUEERS statement as well

Smash Apprentice
ok yes you cought me but mewtwo is in my top 5 chacter
1.ness/lucus 2.dr.mario 3.kirby 4.mewtwo 5.pikachu/pichu [they count has one person since pichu evoles into pikachu ness and lucus too since they are clones]

D

Deleted member

What I don't understand, is that if Cleod9 said to ask Cheddar about it and IF Cheddar says yes, how is that still going to be a problem with Geno?

JOE!

Smash Hero
I didn't say powerful and you're just saying that to make me upset. Pikachu is flat out better and you know it, in speed, power, and maneuverability, so don't even go there.

And borack, are you saying you disagree with the TIERS R 4 QUEERS statement as well
ok, you are a queer then

you say that Jiggs > Mewtwo, thus you have Jiggs in a higher tiered position than mewtwo.

Therefor you have supported tiers, and thus are a queer.

Moving on, I keep forgetting: are there any plans for including Pokemon trainer? (and possible other-gen pokemon starters for him, such as Chikorita-Quilava-Feraligatr? :D )

D

Deleted member

ok, you are a queer then

you say that Jiggs > Mewtwo, thus you have Jiggs in a higher tiered position than mewtwo.

Therefor you have supported tiers, and thus are a queer.

Moving on, I keep forgetting: are there any plans for including Pokemon trainer? (and possible other-gen pokemon starters for him, such as Chikorita-Quilava-Feraligatr? :D )
Uncalled for. As much as I disagree with how he says it, all he's saying is that he finds Jigglypuff better than Mewtwo when it comes to gameplay, and that does NOT neccessarily refer to the tier list. Some people find Jigglypuff easier to play as than Mewtwo.

JOE!

Smash Hero
While true (and I really dont want to start this here), he then goes onto say that pika is flat out better in speed/power/manueverability, which essentially means he thinks Pika is also a better character, thus saying he belives that the characters are ranked amonst each other as "better or worse" than their peers, thus "tiered", and nullifying his own argument....

stuff like that just irks me

D

Deleted member

People have their own beliefs on how characters add up, but the TR4Q refers to the official Tier List, which, as relates to the first 10 words I said, people don't agree with as everyone has their own beliefs.

borack6

Smash Cadet
Yeah well JOE! is kinda right, DBlock14 said: "Pikachu is flat out better and you know it, in speed, power, and maneuverability" sounds like you're saying it's fact.

And to answer your question DBlock, i honestly don't know, i never got much into tiers, i one time showed my bros the tier list and then suddenly they all went mad at people using high tiered characters such as Wario, without reason, as they still won, that never happened before, Ike is still consider OP by my brothers though xD even though he isn't high on the list at all.

DBlock14

Smash Journeyman
While true (and I really dont want to start this here), he then goes onto say that pika is flat out better in speed/power/manueverability, which essentially means he thinks Pika is also a better character, thus saying he belives that the characters are ranked amonst each other as "better or worse" than their peers, thus "tiered", and nullifying his own argument....

stuff like that just irks me
I main Pikachu, and personally I find him to be better than any character in the game. Bowser's your fav right? So your gonna tell me that you wouldn't do the same thing, you wouldn't try to back up your theory on how bowser is better?

DBlock14

Smash Journeyman
Yeah well JOE! is kinda right, DBlock14 said: "Pikachu is flat out better and you know it, in speed, power, and maneuverability" sounds like you're saying it's fact.

And to answer your question DBlock, i honestly don't know, i never got much into tiers, i one time showed my bros the tier list and then suddenly they all went mad at people using high tiered characters such as Wario, without reason, as they still won, that never happened before, Ike is still consider OP by my brothers though xD even though he isn't high on the list at all.
(sry bout the double post) I only said that cuz it was my opinion

JOE!

Smash Hero
I main Pikachu, and personally I find him to be better than any character in the game. Bowser's your fav right? So your gonna tell me that you wouldn't do the same thing, you wouldn't try to back up your theory on how bowser is better?
no, becaus eI know and accept his strengths, weaknesses and limitations. I'd only defend him when he needs defending (such as when people call him slow when he has decent air-speed and i believe some of the best/better frame data of the heavies)

What you are saying is that you find Pikachu to over-all be a better character not out of preferance, bust just build-wise as you find him mor epowerful, faster and more manueverable, which all constitute that regardless of opinion, he -would- be better, thus high tiered than mewtwo

DBlock14

Smash Journeyman
okay your right about accepting weaknesses but, i only found two flaws in pikachu's brawl move-set, the speed of his FS and his down special when it misses thats it. feel free to add anything else you see wrong with pikachu

Smash Apprentice
allright stop this lets talk about star k.o which chacter would you like to see being star k.o.ed

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
okay your right about accepting weaknesses but, i only found two flaws in pikachu's brawl move-set, the speed of his FS and his down special when it misses thats it. feel free to add anything else you see wrong with pikachu
He has trouble killing, he's lightweight, he's predictable, he has bad grab range, and he has a small shield.

Now can we stop this argument about tiers?

DBlock14

Smash Journeyman
i don't use the shield, i side-step and roll, i rarely grab, I mix it up when i'm fighting to keep em' guessing, and killing is np with me. anything else?

i wanna see Mario, fox and Mewtwo get star K.O.'d

Smash Apprentice
yohis is in this game right
there is a poll for i dojo of ssbc there is to many of those
what about something it be like the dojo but name will be diffent
like super smash bros crusude

ensane

Smash Apprentice
i don't use the shield, i side-step and roll, i rarely grab, I mix it up when i'm fighting to keep em' guessing, and killing is np with me. anything else?

i wanna see Mario, fox and Mewtwo get star K.O.'d
Always rolling and side-stepping makes you predictable, backing up his claim that pika is predictable. Just cause his grab range is bad doesn't mean his grab game is bad. IMO his killing moves get much harder to land the more the opponent knows the matchup.

In this game the only problem I have with pikachu is that the bolt of thunder seems shorter :laugh:.

D

Deleted member

This is starting to get off-topic...
It's starting to be more about Tiers than Crusade...

ensane

Smash Apprentice
Sorry, you're right. I want to know why i can't jump on the edge of stages. When I try to jump, the character wiggles a bit, but doesn't move. Is this a glitch or just something I don't know about?

thaCASHdude

Smash Apprentice
^^ yeah i noticed that a few demos ago! (always forget to post)
on the edges of stages when you jump, you only do the crouch and not the jump........

Smash Apprentice
^^ yeah i noticed that a few demos ago! (always forget to post)
on the edges of stages when you jump, you only do the crouch and not the jump........
really i havent notice

since super smash crusude is great game

i hate to ask this but as a fan we do you plan revealing the next demo cant wait for star k.o.
im so hyped for it i wanna see mario and toad getting k.o.

TheBuzzSaw

Young Link Extraordinaire
BRoomer
Wuts goin on in hurr???

I'm a little late to the party, so let's try to keep things on topic, yeah? PM me if there are any further disturbances. And heck, SSBC has its own entire forum. Share some flames over there. Saw out!

Smash Apprentice
what a administrator ha who would think thanks but we are back on topic
the only glich i have notice is peach sleeping effect sometimes people fall asleep forever

Falcon88

Smash Ace
since super smash crusude is great game
Thank you! :laugh:

i hate to ask this but as a fan we do you plan revealing the next demo cant wait for star k.o.
im so hyped for it i wanna see mario and toad getting k.o.
Yes, you will get to see every character get star KO'd next time. It's all finished and into the game. Even the voices. It's hilarious.

Wuts goin on in hurr???

I'm a little late to the party, so let's try to keep things on topic, yeah? PM me if there are any further disturbances. And heck, SSBC has its own entire forum. Share some flames over there. Saw out!
You plan on joining the other forum lol? We try to keep things under control over there. Anyways, thanks for stopping by. I haven't been on this thread too much lately because I've been on the other forums, but I can see I'll have to check up on it more often myself.

what a administrator ha who would think thanks but we are back on topic
the only glich i have notice is peach sleeping effect sometimes people fall asleep forever
Hmm... I'll look into it. Might be a timer going to sleep somehow. I've never seen it though. Must be hard to perform.

DBlock14

Smash Journeyman
sry guys it won't happen again, most people just LOVE a good argument

back on topic..............when will the next version be up and why can i go on the forums? People here have post the link and none of them seem to work

Falcon88

Smash Ace
back on topic..............when will the next version be up and why can i go on the forums? People here have post the link and none of them seem to work
This link should do the trick: http://ssbc.motionsforum.com/index.htm

As for when the next demo comes out, I'm not sure, as we might be adding in one more character than we have now. We just finished another new character, and we're thinking we can fit in one more.

TheBuzzSaw

BRoomer
I am always very interested in fan programming projects. Admittedly, I was alerted here due to a disturbance in the Force, but now I'm viewing the updates and videos. The project looks very mature. My only beef is with the intent to focus on cloning Brawl physics, but hey, it's not my project. Keep up the good work. Maybe I will join the SSBC forum someday when school isn't owning my soul...

Falcon88

Smash Ace
no its still not working for some reason
Uhh, okay, that's funny. I just tried it and it worked for me. What is wrong?

Falcon, any word on if there will be Pogeyman trainer(s)? :p
We do hope to include them eventually, yes. Just kind of held up on sprites, really.

I am always very interested in fan programming projects. Admittedly, I was alerted here due to a disturbance in the Force, but now I'm viewing the updates and videos. The project looks very mature. My only beef is with the intent to focus on cloning Brawl physics, but hey, it's not my project. Keep up the good work. Maybe I will join the SSBC forum someday when school isn't owning my soul...
Tha'ts good to know it seems mature. To tell you the truth about the physics, I'm still kind of looking for a good feel. It plays a lot like Brawl atm, but I think the gameplay is still too slow. I can't decide how to speed it up because I don't want to mess up the balance of the characters (which still needs a little work as well). I have been playing around with Melee-style fast falling, and that seems to fit in nicely. I have also considered the Melee air dodges, but I'm sorta meh on those. If you have any suggestions, this is the place to put em!

D

Deleted member

I say in between Melee's and Brawl's airdodges. A little bit less mobility than Melee's, but given the multiple usage of Brawl's.

TheBuzzSaw

BRoomer
I'm probably not the right guy to ask. While I certainly do not think that everything in Melee is pure and holy, I tend to side with more of Melee's physics mechanisms than Brawl's. In the case of air dodging, I like the fact that the air dodge is something you do out of desperation and have to pay for. You get one good dodge (along with the directional slide), but then you are prone thereon out. I was really put off with Brawl's idea of multiple dodges.

Top Bottom