• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Brothers Crusade - v0.9.0 Demo Available for download!

Playat

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Playat
3DS FC
0473-7807-1815
Ok I tried downloading the demo and when I was gonna extract it there was nothing in there. Whats going on?

thaCASHdude

Smash Apprentice
Oh, and I had to use the Task Manager to quit the program's process since it refused to exit when I clicked the "X" on the window or used the Alt-F4 shortcut.
happened to me as well but you can just press Esc to close it.

fortwaffles

Smash Ace
There was problems with the upload. hang on tight, there should be a new upload soon...

itsjenyoumen

Smash Apprentice
Knuckles + Spam Rocks = Final Smash easy / stamina easy
also can fix the jump and up for the controls
i set my jump button and up the same and during the select screen its hard to move and whenever i try to choose a stage when i press up it kinda chooses the ones i dont want :p

Im surprise on some of the updates though like
Mewtwo much more fluid and easier to use now
Ness is a meh right now needs moar range in his attacks
Smash charging really a meh too but its just implemented so i dont really care
Loading a lot better too

Falcon88

Smash Ace
Knuckles + Spam Rocks = Final Smash easy / stamina easy
also can fix the jump and up for the controls
i set my jump button and up the same and during the select screen its hard to move and whenever i try to choose a stage when i press up it kinda chooses the ones i dont want :p

Im surprise on some of the updates though like
Mewtwo much more fluid and easier to use now
Ness is a meh right now needs moar range in his attacks
Smash charging really a meh too but its just implemented so i dont really care
Loading a lot better too
Thanks for trying it out. What do you mean Smash charging is meh? lol

Falcon88

Smash Ace
Bug Fix

Glitch Alert!

Hey guys, sorry to say it, but there is a glitch in the game I uploaded which makes it nearly unplayable. I can't believe I didn't notice it, and I'm surprised no one has pointed this out yet, but if you attack someone while on a platform and they shield your attack, both you and your opponent will cancel whatever you're doing. Sorry about this, but there was a different bug I was trying to fix and got in a hurry, and you know how it can be - fixing one thing often breaks another. So, I am reuploading the game. You should be downloading "SSBC DEMO v. 0.2 fix.7z". Thanks for trying it out and I hope you liked the game anyway.

Edit: Here is the new version: http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?m3hi4zqnjzz

Senjen

Smash Apprentice

Playat

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Playat
3DS FC
0473-7807-1815
Well I got to play the demo and it was good but there were some things that concern me. (Specifically Tails and knuckles vocal fx, moveset, etc). I can barely hear Tails voice and heard shadow's voice in one of Knux attacks. I can give you guys some Tails and Knux voice fx. Some of Tails moveset such as his Bair, Dtilt, Fspecial and Uspecial should've been alot better. His Fspecial should be Ring bomb or that electric rodent bomb from Sonic Battle and Uspecial simply be flying like in Sonic 3. Also the CPU seem to have trouble with Knuckles Fspecial, Spin Dash.

Metaknight's Uspecial and Dspecial need a little work and there's some sound glitch in the smartbomb explosion and Samus's FS that need fixing. Like when characters get damaged by the smartbomb explosion, the explosion played other random sfx (same with Samus FS).

Oh and that green hill stage needs some work. The stage is a bit too big and that brawl BG just doesn't look too good.
Are you guys gonna add the walking, dead, and recover animations in the characters? Just asking :/
EDIT: Please add hitbox around Super Sonic's idle.

Phantom7

Banned via Warnings
Demo 0.2 new update (glitch fix) in the OP now!

@Playat: Tails's 3rd jump is the flying from Sonic 3, actually. We didn't include walking because honestly, it's horribly annoying on a keyboard. And Super Sonic was ungodly cheap in Brawl, as we all know. We do what we do for a reason. ;)

Falcon88

Smash Ace
Well I got to play the demo and it was good but there were some things that concern me. (Specifically Tails and knuckles vocal fx, moveset, etc). I can barely hear Tails voice and heard shadow's voice in one of Knux attacks. I can give you guys some Tails and Knux voice fx. Some of Tails moveset such as his Bair, Dtilt, Fspecial and Uspecial should've been alot better. His Fspecial should be Ring bomb or that electric rodent bomb from Sonic Battle and Uspecial simply be flying like in Sonic 3. Also the CPU seem to have trouble with Knuckles Fspecial, Spin Dash.

Metaknight's Uspecial and Dspecial need a little work and there's some sound glitch in the smartbomb explosion and Samus's FS that need fixing. Like when characters get damaged by the smartbomb explosion, the explosion played other random sfx (same with Samus FS).

Oh and that green hill stage needs some work. The stage is a bit too big and that brawl BG just doesn't look too good.
Are you guys gonna add the walking, dead, and recover animations in the characters? Just asking :/
EDIT: Please add hitbox around Super Sonic's idle.
Thanks for the offers on the SFX. We're working on that constantly, I promise.

Sorry about the random SFX bug thing. I didn't even know that bug existed until I played around a bit and found it. Must be a new thing. Ugh. Oh well, try to enjoy the randomness for now.

Okay, but Super Sonic was a design choice. I was trying to make it less cheap by making the hitbox active only if he was moving fast enough. Also I fixed Knux's Side Special. You should download the new bug fix version I posted.

Demo 0.2 new update (glitch fix) in the OP now!
Thank you!

@Playat: Tails's 3rd jump is the flying from Sonic 3, actually. We didn't include walking because honestly, it's horribly annoying on a keyboard. And Super Sonic was ungodly cheap in Brawl, as we all know. We do what we do for a reason. ;)
No, Tails's 3rd jump is Tails Tornado. Tails can hover like Peach (by holding the jump button), and it has his flying animation. Please rehearse your story. :mad:

Playat

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Playat
3DS FC
0473-7807-1815
So is Tails Uspecial gonna change? Oh and the taunt doesn't work it seems.

Anyway is there gonna be some more items in the next update? I hope Wario and Shadow gets included.

Falcon88

Smash Ace

Anyway is there gonna be some more items in the next update? I hope Wario and Shadow gets included.
There will be moar items, and it's possible we might include Wario. However, I sense the next update is going to be a long way off.

Falcon88

Smash Ace
To change into Zero Suit or Evil Ryu at the beginning of the match, hold Jump while selecting a stage (default keys are I for P1 and Q for P2). There's no other way to use Evil Ryu.

By the way, I might do another update soon after all. I've improved the AI a bit, as it will now try to edge guard you, and I've also individualized the horizontal stopping speeds.

borack6

Smash Cadet
Really?? DARN i feel stupid now,
Thanks for telling me though, i didn't know there was a character named evil ryu in the game.
Sorry for the wrong info tsjenyoumen.

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
I haven't gotten to play it much, but first thing I'm going to say is nerf the air dodge big time. Lower the amount of invincibility frames and/or GREATLY increase the time between air dodges. CPUs are horrendously annoying in the air and even punishing air dodges won't work at all since there's too much downtime between attacks.

DI seems to work nicely. I could escape Kirby's multi-hit part of the jab with good DI, but not in the same sense that stick DI usually works (not that there's really any problem with this at all).

Phantom7

Banned via Warnings

No, Tails's Uspecial is not going to change; he can already fly with his 3rd midair jump. His Uspecial is Tails Tornado, and by the look of it, it's staying that way.

More items, huh? Yeah, definitely. Items are going to be more fair, though, and not unreasonably unbalanced like in Brawl. So we're going to have items that have cool, quick, and subtle effects that make the battle a little more interesting; however, there will, of course, be a few items like Smart Bombs, Bo-bombs, and Motion Sensor Bombs, that are relatively powerful and inflict heavy damage.

Of course Wario and Shadow are included characters, but neither sprite sheet is ready, as far as I'm concerned. Shadow's may be close, but it will need some alterations and additions to work with the current engine (due to the engine redevelopment that occurred last year). Wario's is pretty far-off, though, to my knowledge. Also, I'm not sure I want 4 Sonic characters in one demo.

itsjenyoumen

Smash Apprentice
Really?? DARN i feel stupid now,
Thanks for telling me though, i didn't know there was a character named evil ryu in the game.
Sorry for the wrong info tsjenyoumen.
Meh who cares.

Besides that D: cant the button that changes ryu to evil ryu be something else i always sets Up and Jump the same :p

MetaKnight still soaring when he gets hit kinda annoying lol

Dr.MarioX

Smash Apprentice
Of course Wario and Shadow are included characters, but neither sprite sheet is ready./QUOTE]

Haha. Way to spoil Shadow. Wario is one character I'm concerned about. I'm praying for the same style as Waluigi, but it depends. I've attempted countless times on Wario, but never got too far.

borack6

Smash Cadet
Of course Wario and Shadow are included characters, but neither sprite sheet is ready./QUOTE]

Haha. Way to spoil Shadow. Wario is one character I'm concerned about. I'm praying for the same style as Waluigi, but it depends. I've attempted countless times on Wario, but never got too far.
Yeah, although Shadow was rather easy to speculate anyway,
I can understand Wario being hard to sprite though, hope it works out soon.

Falcon88

Smash Ace
Hey, Borack6, thanks for making those vids!

Just wanted to say that I'll nerf the air dodge a bit by shortening the invinicle frames a bit at the end and maybe make the animation last a bit longer.

Also, I have update the AI. Now it's not like kamikaze anymore, and it actually edge guards! I'll have to put up another version soon after I tackle some balance issues and other tweaks. Feedback is welcome.

borack6

Smash Cadet
Hey, Borack6, thanks for making those vids!

Just wanted to say that I'll nerf the air dodge a bit by shortening the invinicle frames a bit at the end and maybe make the animation last a bit longer.

Also, I have update the AI. Now it's not like kamikaze anymore, and it actually edge guards! I'll have to put up another version soon after I tackle some balance issues and other tweaks. Feedback is welcome.
You're welcome falcon88 ^^

Although air dodging will be less usefull now, it's for the good of balance so that's great!

Also good to hear the AI will actualy fight to survive now X3 they were'nt bad, but i've been playing long enough to beat them with ease.

Jiiprah

Smash Apprentice
Ahhhh...Game Maker...I haven't toyed with that since 5.0. It was way too time consuming for me.

Good work with the Game.

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
Although air dodging will be less usefull now, it's for the good of balance so that's great!
Brawl air dodge, as it is, is overpowered. The real purpose should be allowing you to escape. In this game, CPUs air dodged and even had time to retaliate before I could punish them when instead, the air dodge should be DI'd away from the attacker to prevent attacks afterwards.

And of course, I'm not advocating the Melee air dodge either mostly because this game isn't explicitly imitating Melee (or any Smash for that matter).

Playat

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Playat
3DS FC
0473-7807-1815
Yay for Shadow! :)

Anyway there seems to be an invisible ground near the edge of some stages.

borack6

Smash Cadet
Brawl air dodge, as it is, is overpowered. The real purpose should be allowing you to escape. In this game, CPUs air dodged and even had time to retaliate before I could punish them when instead, the air dodge should be DI'd away from the attacker to prevent attacks afterwards.

And of course, I'm not advocating the Melee air dodge either mostly because this game isn't explicitly imitating Melee (or any Smash for that matter).
Actualy, i don't use air dodging to escape attacks at all.
I've always used it to dodge attacks when fighting in the air(Jigglypuff)
and i'm going to have to disagree with your way of thinking,
should air dodging be a worthless option then? how are you suposed to escape powerfull charged up smashes when you try to recover? isn't air dodging for that purpose in the game?
When i want to get back onto the stage, i don't want to get blown off again, you should'nt move away from the enemy while doing this, you should be able to control where you are going when air dodging to give you complete control over what you're doing, not so that your foe can simply attack you again after you dodge, what would be the point then?

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
That's what I meant by escaping attacks. The air dodge, like any defensive option, should be used as a means to avoid taking a hit.

Not to be rude, but there's at least a ton of other ways to reach the ledge and very easily avoid a charged smash. Sweetspotting the ledge is just one of those.

What's ridiculous is that a CPU stood in place right next to me when I tried to hit him in the air, he air dodged once, I tried to hit again and he could already air dodge. You air dodge to move aerial offensive pressure off of you. The issue is that air dodging is way too safe right now. Even spotdodges and rolls can be punished because you can predict them if the opponent uses them too much. Air dodges, whether landed or still in the air, put you into a state of complete safety.

borack6

Smash Cadet
AH!! i see,

sorry i misunderstood your point.
Yes you are right, if the opponent is able to air dodge right after air dodging before that...
that's just broken, yes.
Man, now i feel incredibly dumb for making that previous post >.<

And meh i know there are other ways to recover, but this is my prefered way.

Oh and cool of you to link the vids Dr.MarioX ^-^

Falcon88

Smash Ace
Well, never fear, I have made the ending time on air dodges 8 frames longer and reduced the invincibility by two frames.
Here's a breakdown of the frame data (first frame is frame 0)
NEW Air Dodge
Frame 3: Invincible
Frame 17: Invincibility ends
Frame 32: End

Old Air Dodge
Frame 2: Invincible
Frame 18: Invincibility ends
Frame 24: End

Yeah, now that I think about it, the old one was really broken. Only 9 frames to punish the opponent? Jeez. Now, there are 16 frames. And since it lasts longer, it can't be done in as quick succession.

And again thanks for your input. :) It is helpful.

thaCASHdude

Smash Apprentice
Wrong URL on OP

the link to borack6's youtube channel on the OP links to the demo 1 trailer
i think you put in the wrong URL for that link

and nice work on the air dodge! :grin:

borack6

Smash Cadet
Thanks for puting that info there falcon88,
I see now that air dodging was indeed waay too usefull and the change seems fair and should be easy to get used to.

And theCASHdude is right i tried out the link but it linked me to the trailer.

Top Bottom