• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Brothers Crusade - v0.9.0 Demo Available for download!

Falcon88

Smash Ace
Thanks for puting that info there falcon88,
I see now that air dodging was indeed waay too usefull and the change seems fair and should be easy to get used to.

And theCASHdude is right i tried out the link but it linked me to the trailer.
No prob.

Phantom7, you mind fixing that link? ;)

Playat

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Playat
3DS FC
0473-7807-1815
Um can you guys make Knux gliding ability like it was in Sonic & Knux (turn around, slowly descending while gliding horizontal, etc) and will he cling to walls?
Also the invincibility frames on the rolling, revival, and ledge hanging doesn't seem to be present.

Phantom7

Banned via Warnings
Um can you guys make Knux gliding ability like it was in Sonic & Knux (turn around, slowly descending while gliding horizontal, etc) and will he cling to walls?
Also the invincibility frames on the rolling, revival, and ledge hanging doesn't seem to be present.
Hmm... I don't know... Personally, I think his gliding ability is just fine, but we'll see, I guess. As for clinging to walls, maybe. We may have to do the same for Lucario and a few others, so it's a possibility. :)

Invincibility frames are definitely present on rolldodges; I know that for a fact. Otherwise, they would be useless, right? I know revival invincibility is also implemented, but I'm not quite sure about ledges. I thought they were present for just a few frames, though...

Falcon88

Smash Ace
The only thing with his glide, is you can go down, but you really cannot recover up too far with it, or am I mistaken?
Gliding helps increase your horizontal recovery distance a lot in this game. What you can't do with it is glide down really far and come back up to the same height from which you descended. I don't think Meta Knight or Knuckles could do laps around Temple, for instance, if it were in this game. The main thing is that it increase you horizontal speed a lot.

For those who don't know, it controls the same as in Brawl - push forward to nose down and backward to nose up (just in case there's any confusion). You can also initiate a glide by holding the jump button during a midair jump.

Knuckles and Meta Knight both have glide attacks, which happen to be relatively strong attacks. Just press the 'A' (standard attack) button while gliding to perform a quick diagonal slash with Meta Knight or a corkscrew punch with Knuckles. The glide attacks give a slight boost in speed and cancel quickly on landing, not to mention they have serious power.

To get out of a glide, simply nose up until your character comes to a stop or press down and you'll resume a falling state.

itsjenyoumen

Smash Apprentice
Bad
Arg Ness PK thunder is a pain to use its hard to tell where move the thunder and hit him especially off screen the thunder controls needs to be a little more stable

meh i cant even use up smash because i set my jump and up button the same

Luigi's green missile goes a little bit too far especially with his high jump recovery is too easy with him
usually people use his down special to recover it kinda levitates him a little but in the air in brawl

Good
>.> and ive got to say Luigi's AI is pretty dang good lol first time i ever get killed by an AI lol

Smashes are easy to use

Not Related to the rate

How do you go to the setting menu to change what type of matches and item setting

Falcon88

Smash Ace
Bad
Arg Ness PK thunder is a pain to use its hard to tell where move the thunder and hit him especially off screen the thunder controls needs to be a little more stable

meh i cant even use up smash because i set my jump and up button the same

Luigi's green missile goes a little bit too far especially with his high jump recovery is too easy with him
usually people use his down special to recover it kinda levitates him a little but in the air

Good
>.> and ive got to say Luigi's AI is pretty dang good lol first time i ever get killed by an AI lol

Smashes are easy to use
Okay I'll make PK Thunder turn a bit tighter - I think that's what it needs. I also need to figure out some way to make the camera follow it. But I will! :) About the Up Smash problem - I'll have to make there be an actual jump start animation and make that cancel-able with Up Tilt/Up Smash. How does that sound?

TheOriginalSmasher

Smash Ace
One flaw I really find is that Goku's WTFBEAM, (kamahamayah? (spelling?) ) seems overpowered, too easy to spam. Heres my idea, that I tink would balance him a lot more.

Can only use WTFBEAM when his Down B is fully charged, but when he does his WTFBEAM, he is no longer in that amazing state, and has to recharge.

Feedback?

borack6

Smash Cadet
One flaw I really find is that Goku's WTFBEAM, (kamahamayah? (spelling?) ) seems overpowered, too easy to spam. Heres my idea, that I tink would balance him a lot more.

Can only use WTFBEAM when his Down B is fully charged, but when he does his WTFBEAM, he is no longer in that amazing state, and has to recharge.

Feedback?
Yeah it's easily spammable, especialy on CPUs, on other players... not so much but still spammable,
i'm sure Falcon was working on this already though.

I think it would be better to simply increase the charging time of his "WTFBEAM" (lol)
if he were to lose his power after 1 WTFBEAM, he'd have to recharge all over again, and that's quite a pain, especialy if it misses

itsjenyoumen

Smash Apprentice
o yeh on some stages when samus uses her zero lazor the announcer keeps repeating it self for some reason

Falcon88

Smash Ace
:lol:

Feedback?
Eh. Maybe more startup time would do it? I mean, it's freakin' Kamehameha. It can't be too weak. I might have to rethink his other Special Moves if that were how it was done (i.e. give him a new Side B and make the old Side B the non-Kaioken neutral B). It would be annoying to only use it in Kaioken mode though.

And Kamehameha is not a real killer either. It takes at least 135 percent to KO Mario from center stage with it (if all 5 hits connect). That's pretty bad for a move with the startup time of Falcon Punch. And, all you have to do to avoid it is shield, which should be easy since the move is telegraphed more than just about anything else.

Although the range on the move is huge, I'll admit. But, that's kind of the point of the attack - gratuitous beam attack with huge range! You can't really have Goku without his signature move either. I could make the startup more like in the actual Anime, but I'd have to make it stronger, as such a startup would be over a full second (as opposed to the current startup time of 46 frames, which makes it the slowest-to-hit non-charging move except for Dimensional Cape, which hits on frame 52).

Of course, I am reasonable about these things, so if you have an idea of how this could be changed up, let me hear it.

TheOriginalSmasher

Smash Ace
:lol:

Eh. Maybe more startup time would do it? I mean, it's freakin' Kamehameha. It can't be too weak. I might have to rethink his other Special Moves if that were how it was done (i.e. give him a new Side B and make the old Side B the non-Kaioken neutral B). It would be annoying to only use it in Kaioken mode though.

And Kamehameha is not a real killer either. It takes at least 135 percent to KO Mario from center stage with it (if all 5 hits connect). That's pretty bad for a move with the startup time of Falcon Punch. And, all you have to do to avoid it is shield, which should be easy since the move is telegraphed more than just about anything else.

Although the range on the move is huge, I'll admit. But, that's kind of the point of the attack - gratuitous beam attack with huge range! You can't really have Goku without his signature move either. I could make the startup more like in the actual Anime, but I'd have to make it stronger, as such a startup would be over a full second (as opposed to the current startup time of 46 frames, which makes it the slowest-to-hit non-charging move except for Dimensional Cape, which hits on frame 52).

Of course, I am reasonable about these things, so if you have an idea of how this could be changed up, let me hear it.

Yeah, it has the same time as the falcon PAWNCH, but i would rather have WTFBEAM over pawnch, just because of its massive range.

Playat

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Playat
3DS FC
0473-7807-1815
Oh for the fighters that use teleport as Uspecial (Goku, Mewtwo, etc) can you give them the ability to move down when using Uspecial?
Can you add the pause button as one of the control configuration?
I think the Green hill stage is a bit too low to the off-screen mark.

Also is Cloud, Lucario, Jiggly, and R.O.B gonna be in the game?

Falcon88

Smash Ace
Oh for the fighters that use teleport as Uspecial (Goku, Mewtwo, etc) can you give them the ability to move down when using Uspecial?
Can you add the pause button as one of the control configuration?
I think the Green hill stage is a bit too low to the off-screen mark.

Also is Cloud, Lucario, Jiggly, and R.O.B gonna be in the game?
I will give them the ability to move down, and the reason I haven't done it yet is that I'm trying to deal with the problem of going through floors. I think I'll have to run some nasty collision detection loops which I fear could slow down the game. Anyone have any idea of how to do this efficiently?

I don't want to spoil anything, but ROB and Jiggly are in the game, I can tell you that.

Falcon88

Smash Ace
What if you made it so when you teleported through the floors, it just immediatly teleported you back? within a 1-3 frame range?

Atleast until the issue is completley fixed.
I kinda am doing that on walls on some stages already - I suppose I should do something similar at the other stages too. Thanks.

By the way, has anyone ever been launched through a wall? To test this, just do some 300% matches. :)

EDiT: Hey, you stole my signature, Smasher!

mariokirbyssbb

Smash Rookie
Oh, right, have you fixed the "run through where the pokemon come from" in saffron city? like you would run and all of a sudden you would go INTO the building thing and start falling. Also in hyrule down by the bottom left section a similar thing was there. IDK if fixed cause I forgot to test...

Falcon88

Smash Ace
Oh, right, have you fixed the "run through where the pokemon come from" in saffron city? like you would run and all of a sudden you would go INTO the building thing and start falling. Also in hyrule down by the bottom left section a similar thing was there. IDK if fixed cause I forgot to test...
Yes, I have fixed that. I have been working really hard on getting solid surface collisions down pat. Next time you can feel more confident about the ground you're standing on. ;)

Playat

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Playat
3DS FC
0473-7807-1815
Is it possible to have the Ice Climbers and Pokemon Trainer in the game?

Also I can't get out of spin dash in the air as Knux and possibly Sonic and Tails. Even the AI can't get out of it in the air to recover.

Falcon88

Smash Ace
Is it possible to have the Ice Climbers and Pokemon Trainer in the game?

Also I can't get out of spin dash in the air as Knux and possibly Sonic and Tails. Even the AI can't get out of it in the air to recover.
We'll definitely have PKMN trainer, but we'll see about Ice Climbers.

Spin Dashes have been fixed. :)

Playat

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Playat
3DS FC
0473-7807-1815
We'll definitely have PKMN trainer, but we'll see about Ice Climbers.

Spin Dashes have been fixed. :)
Alright. I'm suprise that "His World", "Open your Heart" or "Live and Learn" theme music isn't on Green Hill unless there's another Sonic Stage in the works hopefully.

Oh almost forgot that the AI somehow manage to cancel FS. I don't know how though and when using Snake FS on green hill, you die when his FS ends.

Nights Owl

Smash Apprentice
So this is impressive and such. But do you guys have a estimated time for release of .3? Im just curious.

Falcon88

Smash Ace
Alright. I'm suprise that "His World", "Open your Heart" or "Live and Learn" theme music isn't on Green Hill unless there's another Sonic Stage in the works hopefully.

Oh almost forgot that the AI somehow manage to cancel FS. I don't know how though and when using Snake FS on green hill, you die when his FS ends.
Yeah, there are more Sonic stages that have mostly new music. We decided that for the classic one we should have classic music. :)

So this is impressive and such. But do you guys have a estimated time for release of .3? Im just curious.
No, we don't. :/ But I'll be uploading .2.1 soon!

Nights Owl

Smash Apprentice
.2.1? What would be implemented in that? And are you guys going to be releasing the .2.X Before .X's? To make small updates and such? Sorry if thats confusing. I actually have been playing this more than Brawl And Melee xD

Oh and could you add JoyStick Control? I hate using Joy2Keys x.x

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
I think they'd desire to jump to 0.3 when major changes or additions are made. For now, it sounds like the team is running some bug checks and looking at feedback. Anything to make the engine smoother makes for a decent +0.0.1 update.

Falcon88

Smash Ace
.2.1? What would be implemented in that? And are you guys going to be releasing the .2.X Before .X's? To make small updates and such? Sorry if thats confusing. I actually have been playing this more than Brawl And Melee xD

Oh and could you add JoyStick Control? I hate using Joy2Keys x.x
Yeah, I'll do probably one or two .2.x releases with small updates and bug fixes. The purpose of this update is some small gameplay tweaks, MANY bug fixes lol, updated AI, and one new stage. It's definitely a whole new version, but not enough to make 0.3.

Joystick? Heh. Well I'll have to work on that. I hate to say it, but I think that this feature will be put on the back-burner. We've still got lots more characters, stages and features waiting to be made. ;)

Nights Owl

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, I'll do probably one or two .2.x releases with small updates and bug fixes. The purpose of this update is some small gameplay tweaks, MANY bug fixes lol, updated AI, and one new stage. It's definitely a whole new version, but not enough to make 0.3.

Joystick? Heh. Well I'll have to work on that. I hate to say it, but I think that this feature will be put on the back-burner. We've still got lots more characters, stages and features waiting to be made. ;)
Well Id prefer Stages and Characters over joystick controls since I can unofficially get that now. Keep up the good work. Im gonna go do some 1000HP matches as Luigi... I like him a lot more now for some reason xD

Top Bottom