• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Brothers Crusade - v0.9.0 Demo Available for download!

Playat

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Playat
3DS FC
0473-7807-1815
I assume that there will be star KO in the game since there's star KO vocal sfx in the fighter's folder and can you guys get the taunt to work in the next update please?

Falcon88

Smash Ace
I assume that there will be star KO in the game since there's star KO vocal sfx in the fighter's folder and can you guys get the taunt to work in the next update please?
It's a possibility. I do eventually want to implement Star KO's. And maybe the ones where you fall in front of the stage too.

Should be updating soon. I guess after I finish the taunts we can put up another version.

JOE!

Smash Hero
a few questions before I download :p

1) Is mewtwo like his melee self, or is he actually good and true to character with a moveset that I dunno...USES HIS PSIONIC POWERS? :p

2) With confirmation on PKM Trainer, will there be seperate versions of him? (for example, Jotho trainer with Chikorita/Quilava/Feraligatr, Hoenn trainer with Mudkip/Grovyle/Blaziken, and Sinnoh with Chimchar/Prinplup/Torterra)

3) From the trailer: Why Waluigi but no wario?!

Falcon88

Smash Ace
a few questions before I download :p

1) Is mewtwo like his melee self, or is he actually good and true to character with a moveset that I dunno...USES HIS PSIONIC POWERS? :p

2) With confirmation on PKM Trainer, will there be seperate versions of him? (for example, Jotho trainer with Chikorita/Quilava/Feraligatr, Hoenn trainer with Mudkip/Grovyle/Blaziken, and Sinnoh with Chimchar/Prinplup/Torterra)

3) From the trailer: Why Waluigi but no wario?!
Good questions, JOE! And I hope you do try and like the game. :)
1) Mewtwo :mewtwo: has most of Melee moveset including Special Moves and A moves. His Back Air is different - he creates a shadowy burst behind himself with good range and power, but slow startup. His Final Smash is Psycho Boost, where he releases energy in a blast with a large radius. It does major damage and KOs very early, but if used on the ground, it renders Mewtwo helpless for a while.

So, that's the jist of the moveset changes, not to mention he has better KO potential on his Side and Down Smashes than before. Also, he's heavier this time.

2) Yes. There will be different trainers, but not in the same way you said. ;)

3) Wario is still being sprited, so we are going to put him off. Waluigi's sprites were done, plus the fact that he's a newcomer. These factors lead us to make him first. Wario is pretty high on our to-do list.

By the way, anyone figured out the sweetspot on Waluigi's Up B yet?

JOE!

Smash Hero
hold on, he still has his horrid Side Special which does...nothing to opponents? :p

since it's still in like, beta-ish form, any chance mewtwo could get somethign a tad more useful than confusion there?

Falcon88

Smash Ace
hold on, he still has his horrid Side Special which does...nothing to opponents? :p

since it's still in like, beta-ish form, any chance mewtwo could get somethign a tad more useful than confusion there?
Have you tried the game yet? It has better range now than before and flips the opponent so they are facing the opposite direction. Also, it reflects projectiles (which now actually hurt the player who fired them!). It also inflicts 8% base damage upon hitting. Well, maybe it's just me, but I love this move. :p At least in this game. All his special moves are basically the same as in Melee, but this one got a range boost, and since the projectiles reflected by this move actually hurt now, it is at least as useful as Mario's Cape.

Falcon88

Smash Ace
Hmm The left part of Hyrule seems a little messed up... and I can get into the ground to the right of it..
Fixed. :)
And may I suggest for other levels these sprites? http://www.spriters-resource.com/custom_edited/supersmashbros/index.html At the bottom theres stages? Im not saying yours or bad or anything. I just think it could cut some time down on stages
Thanks, I know we are going to use some of these, like the SSB 64 Peach's Castle, which is freakin' awesome.

TheOriginalSmasher

Smash Ace
Have you tried the game yet? It has better range now than before and flips the opponent so they are facing the opposite direction. Also, it reflects projectiles (which now actually hurt the player who fired them!). It also inflicts 8% base damage upon hitting. Well, maybe it's just me, but I love this move. :p At least in this game. All his special moves are basically the same as in Melee, but this one got a range boost, and since the projectiles reflected by this move actually hurt now, it is at least as useful as Mario's Cape.
it really is. it's much better now.

To be honest, so far, the SSBC team is doing much better then Sakurai did with Brawl O_o

JOE!

Smash Hero
Lolno

does crusade run at 60FPS with 39 characters with 250+ animations each, along with having about 80 sounds at the least per each?

Also:

Why have ZSS still attached to Samus via Final Smash? With the intro of a Final Smash meter of sorts, you essentially force a Samus player to never use CHarge shot again, or switch to a character they dont know too well...

Falcon88

Smash Ace
Lolno

does crusade run at 60FPS with 39 characters with 250+ animations each, along with having about 80 sounds at the least per each?
It's a Game Maker game that runs at 60 fps (and GM games are generally known to be inefficient) with over 30 animations per character and 20 sounds on average. Granted it's 2-D, but I think the guys were referring to character balance, not graphical snazziness. Besides, are 80 animations necessary in a 2D Smash clone? Maybe, but it would be a strain on our spriters.
Also:

Why have ZSS still attached to Samus via Final Smash? With the intro of a Final Smash meter of sorts, you essentially force a Samus player to never use CHarge shot again, or switch to a character they dont know too well...
I hate to admit it, but yeah that is a good point about Samus. Well, this might take a little consideration (for one thing, ZSS will need her own new FS now), but we'll see. ;)

JOE!

Smash Hero
As for balance....did you know Link's Fthrow chains into itself?

Ristar is silly good

Waluigi's Down B does...what again?

Goku has the best zoning outside of Ristar with his Kamehameha whith his good air speed, then just instant transmission to get away if someone approaches.

as of right now Goku and Ristar are really a cut bove the cast, while I feel Waluigi is lol and Link will be kinda like DDD where he ***** a good portion of people but is ruined by a select few

Falcon88

Smash Ace
No it doesn't. I played against a CPU Fox and he escaped it every time. And Fox of all people would be susceptible to chains. Plus, I tried his Dthrow and it didn't chain either.

Ristar is silly good

Goku has the best zoning outside of Ristar with his Kamehameha whith his good air speed, then just instant transmission to get away if someone approaches.

as of right now Goku and Ristar are really a cut bove the cast, while I feel Waluigi is lol and Link will be kinda like DDD where he ***** a good portion of people but is ruined by a select few
Okay, duly noted that Ristar is good. However, it should be noted that Ristar does have limited kill moves (Bair, FSmash, DSmash, Fair). He also doesn't do a lot of damage in one attack for the mot part.

Goku has good zoning and has more spikes than anyone else, though I disagree that Goku is that good. He has flaws, such as an average recovery and reliance on Kaioken/a select few attacks for power (not to mention Kaioken drains health).

Waluigi's Down B needs some tweaking I'll admit. But it does spike people (at least in the development version). I think Waluigi is good though:

- Two projectiles
- Two spikes
- Powerful Smashes, and DSmash is fast and strong too
- Powerful Bthrow and Fthrow

Although he does have weaknesses, he has a new playstyle, I think that can be deadly. I think he's fun to play, and so do other fans, (even if a bit lol) so I don't think he'll get any big changes. But of course, I want the game to be balanced, so I can work on it a little at a time. By the way thanks for the criticisms. I think we should discuss characters more after the next version is released (or now if you want).

TheOriginalSmasher

Smash Ace

Ristar is silly good

you still have yet to relize though, it is still a beta. it isn't even 1.0 yet.

JOE!

Smash Hero
Still, people are claiming it is amazingly balanced compared to Sakurai's attempts, which isnt all that true

JOE!

Smash Hero
Dont forget that out of the lets see...39 x 39 MUs (1521) that only a handfull are truly WTF broken...

thats pretty decent IMO

Nights Owl

Smash Apprentice
Lol Everyone's a critic eh?

oh and

Will there be any "Tales of" Characters in it? D: PLEASE tell me theres at least Lloyd

borack6

Smash Cadet
Let me repost the stuff TheOriginalSmasher said.

"To be honest, so far, the SSBC team is doing much better then Sakurai did with Brawl O_o"

Never has it been said the game was better than brawl or anything, nor has it been said the game is perfect right now.

the only thing that's said here is that the Crusade Team is doing better than Sakurai at the moment.
you think nobody is looking for glitches and good balance 'n stuff?

just thought i'd remind you.

borack6

Smash Cadet
Yeah i'm sorry OriginalSmasher,
i'm not trying to start anything here either but i geuss i had to say something,

Yep, there are no impossible matchups, for now.
and that's good.

Phantom7

Banned via Warnings
Still, people are claiming it is amazingly balanced compared to Sakurai's attempts, which isnt all that true
Mind explaining yourself? We've done countless amounts of balance testing to conclude that there are very few balance issues present at all. If it's not true at all, do you have any examples of MK > Ganon match-ups? Or anything remotely similar?

Falcon88

Smash Ace
Hey, guys, sorry for the hiatus. Well, I have seen your posts, and I would like to say - I realize the game's not perfectly balanced, but we are always working on it, so don't worry too much! ;) If there are any balance issues, we most likely know about them already. (But then again, you may want to mention them just in case!!)

I think the only balance issue right now are with zoning and range being overpowered on just a few characters. However I think most one-on-one matches aren't especially unbalanced.

Nights Owl

Smash Apprentice
the only thing that is OP atm is WTFBEAM
I have to disagree. Me and my bud were playing it today and I had to ban him from using Knuckles because of that rock move. It seriously did like 30+ and he could hit me with it 3 times before I actually could get away. If thats not OP then i dont know what is.

Falcon88

Smash Ace
I have to disagree. Me and my bud were playing it today and I had to ban him from using Knuckles because of that rock move. It seriously did like 30+ and he could hit me with it 3 times before I actually could get away. If thats not OP then i dont know what is.
Well, darn. But keep in mind you can shield the boulder once and it disappears. I have nerfed Boulder since then. Here's a break down of how it has changed:

Total Possible Damage: 30 -> 26
Number of Hits After First Hit: 5 -> 4
Damage on First Hit: 20% -> 20%
Damage per Extra Hit: 2% -> 1.5%
Hits on Frame: 36 -> 40
Animation Duration: 56 -> 69
Earliest IASA: 56 -> 69 (0 frames early)

I think the damage and duration changes make a big difference in how useful this attack is. Does this sound good enough to you guys?

Phantom7

Banned via Warnings
Well, darn. But keep in mind you can shield the boulder once and it disappears. I have nerfed Boulder since then. Here's a break down of how it has changed:

Total Possible Damage: 30 -> 26
Number of Hits After First Hit: 5 -> 4
Damage on First Hit: 20% -> 20%
Damage per Extra Hit: 2% -> 1.5%
Hits on Frame: 36 -> 40
Animation Duration: 56 -> 69
Earliest IASA: 56 -> 69 (0 frames early)

I think the damage and duration changes make a big difference in how useful this attack is. Does this sound good enough to you guys?
Wow, that's a pretty big change. I think this will do nicely, but I wouldn't lower it any more than this, unless it was seriously OP, like MK's Dsmash in Brawl.

Nights Owl

Smash Apprentice
So anyone wanna tell me how to be Dark Ryu? Everytime I fight a CPU He's Dark Ryu and I've never been him D: I want to be him so baaad since Ryu is my main.

Edit: when can we expect .2.1? o.o and what will it have?

Dr.MarioX

Smash Apprentice
So anyone wanna tell me how to be Dark Ryu? Everytime I fight a CPU He's Dark Ryu and I've never been him D: I want to be him so baaad since Ryu is my main.

Edit: when can we expect .2.1? o.o
I think if you press the jump button to select a stage, it will make you Evil Ryu instead of just Ryu. 2.1 will come soon. I can't tell you what's new! ;)

Nights Owl

Smash Apprentice
try pressing the jump and the attack button at the exact same time when selecting a stage.
Also didnt work. D: Could customized controls be a reason its not working?

EDIT: I answered it myself. You cannot be dark Ryu unless your customized controls have O and I as your jump and attack buttons.

borack6

Smash Cadet
Also didnt work. D: Could customized controls be a reason its not working?

EDIT: I answered it myself. You cannot be dark Ryu unless your customized controls have O and I as your jump and attack buttons.

AHA!!! So that's why i could never play as evil ryu! thanks for finding this.

Top Bottom