• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Brothers Crusade - v0.9.0 Demo Available for download!

Falcon88

Smash Ace
wait..... isn't goku the main protagonist in DBZ? :crazy:
Umm yeah... it's just a rough draft. ;)

I don't think so, just because these arent 3d O_O
but perhaps a button you can click, and they do their taunt?
No, actually they do move. They do random animations one after the other, like in SSB 64. I'm wondering if I shouldn't make it so that you can move them around and zoom as well.

Playat

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Playat
3DS FC
0473-7807-1815
wait..... isn't goku the main protagonist in DBZ? :crazy:
:laugh:Lol I didn't see that little mistake. That should be fixed I hope.
He is the main protagonist in the Dragon Ball series(DB, DBZ, DBGT) so that should be enough.
Also add that he's very cheerful and loves to eat just as much as fighting.

Falcon88

Smash Ace
:laugh:Lol I didn't see that little mistake. That should be fixed I hope.
He is the main protagonist in the Dragon Ball series(DB, DBZ, DBGT) so that should be enough.
Also add that he's very cheerful and loves to eat just as much as fighting.
Already added/fixed that last part - it should already be in that pic. And yeah, lol it was 2:00 in the morning so I got pro- and antagonist mixed up. :dizzy:

Playat

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Playat
3DS FC
0473-7807-1815
Will there be anymore Street Fighter or Megaman characters in the game?

EDIT: Do you guys have/had a website for this?

Falcon88

Smash Ace
Will there be anymore Street Fighter or Megaman characters in the game?

EDIT: Do you guys have/had a website for this?
speaking of which, when do you guys plan on updating the main site?
TheOriginalSmasher is helping up start a new site! More details soon!

Oh, and as for the characters, it's possible that we'll have more Street Fighter characters, and I know there's one more Mega Man character.

Playat

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Playat
3DS FC
0473-7807-1815
TheOriginalSmasher is helping up start a new site! More details soon!

Oh, and as for the characters, it's possible that we'll have more Street Fighter characters, and I know there's one more Mega Man character.
I hope Akuma and Chun-Li or Ken is in.
Are you guys gonna have Tails voice fx updated in the next update?
Also can you guys make the characters flashes when they come back after getting KO/Star KO for five seconds? The same goes with the edge hanging.

Falcon88

Smash Ace
I hope Akuma and Chun-Li or Ken is in.
Are you guys gonna have Tails voice fx updated in the next update?
Also can you guys make the characters flashes when they come back after getting KO/Star KO for five seconds? The same goes with the edge hanging.
Done. :) And as for those characters, I would love that too, and I'll try my best to get one of them in.

sai123104

Smash Rookie
sorry if this is wrong place to post this, but i was exited to try this out, but when i try to start the V0.2 demo, it will load, and then the ssbc window will turn black and give me an "an unexpected error has occured when running the game" and the window closes itself out

idk whats going on. i downloaded the demo, opened it up with winRAR and extracted it. do i REALLY need 7-zip over winrar?

Falcon88

Smash Ace
sorry if this is wrong place to post this, but i was exited to try this out, but when i try to start the V0.2 demo, it will load, and then the ssbc window will turn black and give me an "an unexpected error has occured when running the game" and the window closes itself out

idk whats going on. i downloaded the demo, opened it up with winRAR and extracted it. do i REALLY need 7-zip over winrar?
It sounds like you may not meet the System Requirements.
SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS

Windows 2000, Windows XP, Windows Vista or Windows 7
DirectX 8 or later
DirectX 8 compatible graphics card with at least 32MB of video memory
Pentium or equivalent processor
DirectX 8 compatible sound card
128 MB of memory or greater (noted only in official Game Maker help file documentation)
800×600 or greater screen resolution with 16-bit or 32-bit colors
If your PC meets these requirements, let us know more details and maybe we can figure something out!

thaCASHdude

Smash Apprentice
oh yeah, similar glitch with knuckles - while you charge up his neutral B he flashes red right?
sometimes when its fully charged or when you use it he stays red for a while.

Playat

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Playat
3DS FC
0473-7807-1815
I think it's safe to say it will be up this weekend. I just have been busy with school and got bogged down in the Character Profiles feature. But, you guys are going to like it!
Alright!:bee:
Anyway have you guys sheeted Shadow yet? I actually made a moveset for him if you guys haven't. Just asking...

Nights Owl

Smash Apprentice
Hmm. Is Master/Crazy Hand going to be in? And what about Gigabowser?

Nvm Gigabowser was a dumb question.

Falcon88

Smash Ace
Hmm. Is Master/Crazy Hand going to be in? And what about Gigabowser?

Nvm Gigabowser was a dumb question.
Yes, we are having Master Hand and Crazy hand as bosses. Why is Giga Bowser a dumb question? He could very well be a boss! It doesn't matter that he is also Bowser's Final Smash. Of course, we're still working on what we want the 1P modes to be like.

So, why don't we discuss the 1P games? Right now we are planning on having Classic, Adventure, and All-Star, like in Melee. We don't plan on making a full-scale adventure game like the SSE (at least not as part of this game).
In Classic mode, you'll fight random opponents, who might be giant, on a team against you, etc. You'll also have bonus stages: Break the Targets, Board the Platforms, and Race to the Finish. Finally there is a showdown with the boss, Master Hand.
In Adventure mode, you fight through several different lands which resemble levels from game series such as Mario, Kirby, and Zelda. You might find yourself fighting against characters on the stages once in a while. But who is the evil mastermind who put together this army of video game characters? Get to the end to see for yourself. This mode will be similar to Melee's Adventure Mode, not Brawl's.
Lastly, All-Star mode is a grueling endurance test where you must fight through a large portion of the game's cast in one sitting, with no healing items except for three Heart Containers. It will resemble Melee's All-Star mode, with no preset fight order.

We also hope to include practice for the bonus stages as well as Multi-Man Crusade.

Any suggestions? By the way, we have decided not to work heavily on the 1P game until most of the characters are complete.

Rostigalen

Smash Journeyman
I just downloaded the game and tested some of the characters I was familiar with (namely, Link, Mewtwo, Kirby) and played one or two games with the rest, while letting the computer play the new characters (Toad, Megaman etc.).
Apart from the controls being slightly unsynced (for some reasons my D-airs turned into N-airs most of the time), the game was really great. I had much fun playing and will recommend it to my friends. :)

However, when I played Link vs. Ryu on Battlefield, the game froze for a minute, until the stage was loaded. The next fifteen seconds were playing on a very low FPS. It was the first time Ryu was played, if that helps. Same thing happened when I played Samus and used her Final Smash on...can't remember the name of the stage, but it's custom, with four platforms and grass on the floor.

Finally, I'd love to see Break The Targets for 1p-mode, Melee style (a different map for each character). I understand if that's too time consuming, but I'd really want it.

Some kind of original mode, not snatched from the SSB series, would be kinda cool though. I'm thinking of some variation of ten man melee, where you first face one faceless enemy, and when that one is beaten, two new appear. When those two are killed, three spawn, and so on, until a good preset limit (five? ten?).

Anyway, looking forward to future updates. Keep up the good work!

Rostigalen

Smash Journeyman
Some bugs that you probably know of:

Pikachu can Up-B down through the stage if he stands on it, and also back up.
If a computer stands directly above you on a platform, he will dashdance until you move. This can easily be abused with Pikachu's Thunder.
Links arrows get stuck in the bottom part of platforms if fired very slightly beneath one, instead of shooting through them and landing on top of them.
Mewtwo seems to be unable to Teleport downwards? Also, when teleporting backwards, he doesn't change direction.
Kirby can't influence his Up-B at all. He needs to at least be able to Up-B backwards and change direction.

Still a great game, but those things are slightly annoying.

Falcon88

Smash Ace
Some bugs that you probably know of:

Pikachu can Up-B down through the stage if he stands on it, and also back up.
If a computer stands directly above you on a platform, he will dashdance until you move. This can easily be abused with Pikachu's Thunder.
Links arrows get stuck in the bottom part of platforms if fired very slightly beneath one, instead of shooting through them and landing on top of them.
Mewtwo seems to be unable to Teleport downwards? Also, when teleporting backwards, he doesn't change direction.
Kirby can't influence his Up-B at all. He needs to at least be able to Up-B backwards and change direction.

Still a great game, but those things are slightly annoying.
Oh, don't worry, all those issues have been addressed to some extent, it's just that we haven't updated yet because we're still working on the Character Profiles feature.

Falcon88

Smash Ace
Awesome.

What will you work on after you've done the Character Profiles?
Most likely more characters and stages. We really need to get more characters done before moving forward too much with new game modes and features. I think the next ones to be made are Saki, Peach, and Jigglypuff.

Falcon88

Smash Ace
I'd like to see a basic Training Mode. Should be easy to fix...?
Hm, that wouldn't be a bad thing to go ahead and make, huh? Of course, you can just have player 2 as a human and do nothing right now. :laugh: But I really will make a training mode. I forgot to mention that above when I was talking about one-player modes.

Top Bottom