• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Brothers Crusade - v0.9.0 Demo Available for download!

Nights Owl

Smash Apprentice
Alrighty. Im looking forward to it. Thank You Very Very much for the hard work.

Falcon88

Smash Ace
New Version Available!

Click here to download!

[FONT=&quot]Changes for v. 0.2.1:[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Offscreen bubbles and shields are now colored to match the players' numbers[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]CPU players now try to edge guard[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]CPU players jump less often[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Timer in Time matches now scales time inversely with game speed[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Fixed glitch where broken shield state induced horizontal movement if initiated while sliding[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Fixed glitch where players can pass through walls, floors, and ceilings by teleporting/using Fox Illusion/using Quick Attack[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Fixed glitch where CPU players can move after being KO'd in Stamina mode[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Added KO effects[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Added new stage: Asteroid Field[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Added Profiles feature[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Boosted the power of most Meteor Smashes [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Increased hitlag variability with knockback[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Camera now focuses on appearing items[/FONT]

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
I suggest using the Namco x Capcom sprites of Ryu. And the Jump All-Stars sprites for goku.

Both can be found at sprite database, and they are very high quality :)

Falcon88

Smash Ace
New Version Available!

Click here to download!

[FONT=&quot]Changes for v. 0.2.1:[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Offscreen bubbles and shields are now colored to match the players' numbers[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]CPU players now try to edge guard[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]CPU players jump less often[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Timer in Time matches now scales time inversely with game speed[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Fixed glitch where broken shield state induced horizontal movement if initiated while sliding[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Fixed glitch where players can pass through walls, floors, and ceilings by teleporting/using Fox Illusion/using Quick Attack[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Fixed glitch where CPU players can move after being KO'd in Stamina mode[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Added KO effects[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Added new stage: Asteroid Field[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Added Profiles feature[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Boosted the power of most Meteor Smashes [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Increased hitlag variability with knockback[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Camera now focuses on appearing items[/FONT]
Quoting just to make sure everyone sees this... hope that's okay.

I suggest using the Namco x Capcom sprites of Ryu. And the Jump All-Stars sprites for goku.

Both can be found at sprite database, and they are very high quality :)
It will take a lot of editing, but it's possible. I have that Namco X Capcom sheet, and its attacks are very limited, although it does look nice.

Rostigalen

Smash Journeyman
Very much awesome.

It would be cool if you could update the first post with the new link and the changelog, too.

Falcon88

Smash Ace
Very much awesome.

It would be cool if you could update the first post with the new link and the changelog, too.
Apparently Phantom7 was hesitant to update the first post because there was a download error when he tried it. Is the game working okay for everyone else?

Nights Owl

Smash Apprentice
Yep. Working fine for me.

Also, Will there be any Castlevania Characters? Id like to see Richter Belmont in since he has the perfect moves for it.

I also kinda thought of a moveset... >.>

Rostigalen

Smash Journeyman
Had no problems downloading it. Everything works as intended.

I think that when you added the edgeguarding to AI's, they got better at other areas - they tend to DI away from you now instead of towards you when they've used their Up-B's (Link is a notable example). If you could get them to mix their recovery up with edge sweetspotting, that would be very neat too.
Also, a menu for the character profiles would be useful, instead of browsing through all pages to get to the character you're looking for.

Falcon88

Smash Ace
Also, a menu for the character profiles would be useful, instead of browsing through all pages to get to the character you're looking for.
I actually have thought about this before too - I just would have had to delay this demo longer in order to implement it. When there are lots of characters, we will really need this feature, so we will have one eventually. I just figured we didn't really need it for this version.

Rostigalen

Smash Journeyman
I'll continue with my spree of suggestions and reports:

Playing as Mario against Samus, I caped her during some part of her bombing (most probably after or during the bomb explosion) with the result that Samus froze in mid-air in her ball-shaped form. It was impossible to hit her with any kind of attack.
Another bug with the cape is that caping Fox in his Firefox doesn't change his direction, it only turns Fox 180 degrees inside the fire, which continues the same path as previously.

Finally, a suggestion: A muted mode. No sound. Simple as that.

Falcon88

Smash Ace
Finally, a suggestion: A muted mode. No sound. Simple as that.
Okay - I would understand if you asked for a no-music mode. But no sound? Are you trying to cut down on load times? I have never heard of such! I think without the sound fx, you have to use your imagination a lot. Which is fine, but hey, I like my sfx, it took time to put them together for the game, so why would I want to turn them off?

itsjenyoumen

Smash Apprentice
so we can play our own music XD *most of the time touhou music works really well with smash games thats why i tend to listen to them when im playing*

Problems
anyone notice when a one of the bombs go off the announce voice gets spammed?

ehh snake final smash still needs some work its a little bit too easy to dodge when your fighting against people

still up tilt motion needs more work *since i always set jump and up the same D:* more easier to play with as little buttons to use as possible thats why

evil ryu can't use hadoken in the air when he turns small

meh mario final smash still needs some tweets because every time i shoot it people keep passing through D:

ness AI at times uses his up smash at stupid times leaving him invulnerable

Suggestions
well besides that isnt the tornado in Hyrule castle suppose to appear more randomly on the stage?
*also shouldn't the tornado be able to suck in more then one person?*

and, aren't there going to be moving platforms in Saffron city?

the camera is too focus on ristar final smash when he launch the opponent in the sky lol can make a lot of people dizzy

maybe link's special forward in the air should be his gale boomerang? *since he doesn't have a forward air special*

maybe when people get health or heal themselves it lowers final smash meter a little bit

Good:
camera way improved
Asteroid Field favorite stage now because its more fluid and alot more better then the sonic stage because the sonic stage feels so bland
lol is that smiling moon in Asteroid Field from Majora's mask? because that is just awesome
are you guys just going to add random easter eggs like that because thats is a great idea lol
at least everyone's shield isnt red kinda annoyed me a bit
nice job on the hit sprites much better
Yah i can now playz evil ryu
I really like the idea that you guys have playing different music every time you go on the same stage it gives a more variety of different feelings when replayed
:3 knuckles doesn't have that many overpowering moves
^_^ after image when metaknight uses soar is awesome lol
I lulz at mewtwo spamming his taunt XD

Falcon88

Smash Ace
anyone notice when a one of the bombs go off the announce voice gets spammed?
:mad: Why do I never get this glitch when I play? I am sorry, to you and everyone else who has had this happen, but I have no earthly idea why. It never happens to me.

evil ryu can't use hadoken in the air when he turns small
Huh. That's strange. I just tried it, and it works fine.

and, aren't there going to be moving platforms in Saffron city?
Yes.

maybe when people get health or heal themselves it lowers final smash meter a little bit
Well, darn. I wouldn't want to get healing items after getting a FS then.

nice job on the hit sprites much better
Yah i can now playz evil ryu
I really like the idea that you guys have playing different music every time you go on the same stage it gives a more variety of different feelings when replayed
:3 knuckles doesn't have that many overpowering moves
Thanks, I spent hours making those hit sparks. They are each composed of four or five different sprites that are drawn on top of one another. I'm surprised it doesn't lag my machine.

Actually, the alternate music thing isn't new... It's been around as long as this game's been up.

And, the only things I nerfed on Knuckles were his Down B and the knockback on his Spring. Odd that you comment him to be much less overpowering. Ah well. ;)

By the way, Team Mode is in the works! I might be updatig again really soon with this new feature! (and maybe a new Character???)

itsjenyoumen

Smash Apprentice
im really mostly implying on his use to be Spammy rock attack D:
feels a lot slower
OH MMM GEE Im guessing the new character is Random XD
the game also runs more smoothly now though on computer doesn't really lag as much to go on stages

Falcon88

Smash Ace
im really mostly implying on his use to be Spammy rock attack D:
feels a lot slower
OH MMM GEE Im guessing the new character is Random XD
Darn you're good. It is Random. Lol but seriosuly, I might have time to make a legitimate character this weekend, any requests on who it should be?

And I wasn't joking - we do have Random character and stage select spaces now.

itsjenyoumen

Smash Apprentice
D: no fun if we choose might as well keep a secret your choice better you should choose what character you want since your the programmer :)

but is you insist i would consider Peach or Zelda at least or something female D: TOO MANY MEN CHARACTERS lol

Falcon88

Smash Ace
D: no fun if we choose might as well keep a secret your choice better you should choose what character you want since your the programmer :)

but is you insist i would consider Peach or Zelda at least or something female D: TOO MANY MEN CHARACTERS lol
:laugh: True, there is a lot of testosterone in the game right now - it might get too violent if we don't throw some females in there to moderate

Okay well since you don't want me to spoil it, I won't say anything.

Phantom7

Banned via Warnings
Wow, that's awesome, Falcon. Say, something looks a little different about the VS Options -- It looks like you reversed the colors of the box. But why is the "Friendly Fire" so huge?

Also, I don't think simply saying we might make a certain character next is spoiling anything. Besides, I just found out we're probably not adding Peach next.

Falcon88

Smash Ace
Wow, that's awesome, Falcon. Say, something looks a little different about the VS Options -- It looks like you reversed the colors of the box. But why is the "Friendly Fire" so huge?

Also, I don't think simply saying we might make a certain character next is spoiling anything. Besides, I just found out we're probably not adding Peach next.
The Friendly Fire option is big because it is currently selected. When you move up and down the list, the item you're currently on gets bigger. I did this to fit more items on the screen. It will make more sense when you play the game.

Zebia

Smash Rookie
Speaking of the feminine fighters, we're probably about to add Peach to the game.
Speaking of her, gotta have her counterpart Daisy playable, she has a lot of potential if you look at what she can do in the side games. (for example a final smash could be her Crystal Smash from Mario Strikers Charged)

Top Bottom