• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Brothers Brawl.

Status
Not open for further replies.

exarch

doot doot doot
Usually not playing Brawl. Location: Enterprise
You understood my point more or less correctly, I was mostly emphasizing that in mathematics the answers are always the same, whereas in any other science they allow possibilities of exceptions (even physics with quantum theory does not claim that general relativity is true 100% of the time), or have an underlying assumption that the theory is generally true but has many exceptions (from what I understand most of sociology functions on this), or that in a perfect world the theories would be true but because of countless other interfering factors the models do not predict much in actuality (economics).

And I suppose your reference to metaphysics is appropriate, however I generally assume logic as valid, mostly because the opposite assumption throws out the validity of the overall (consistent) human experience. So then although Kant and others arguments for the fundamental requisite of logic are a necessity, the opposing theories are nonexistent. (No one can argue logic is false because they must rely on logic to communicate that idea.)

I suppose my error is to assume because logic is the basis for mathematics, logic belongs to mathematics itself. But it is hard for me to see otherwise; the mathematicians I know are far better at logic than the philosophers.

As for the argument that "all knowledge is composed of a variety of social constructs," I am surprised to see it at the end of your post, simply because from what I know of those philosophers listed earlier, they would reject any of these theories. Kant (admittedly he is the one I know the best) argues certain things are always interpreted certain ways, irregardless of culture. I believe this argument points more towards a universal truth than a coincidence of thousands of cultures.

But you're just disagreeing to disagree.

Staying on topic though,
Barwl Sucks.

Hungrybox is more technical than Brawl.
At least most of the time.

I think.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I simulate feelings, though. ;-; *I lol'd*

Equi

Smash Ace
either ways, what I was referencing was that he got wrecked, in reply to him commenting on what Synikal and I were discussing.

Stop replying and looking like an @sshole.
I am a *******, so i'll continue to reply.
Are you stupid?

Afro at Equi''s house.

Also, XENOGEARS!!!!!

ama(m/t)

Smash Lord
oh hey i just noticed the post in gingerr's sig was made on the last minute of my birthdate anniversary

Gingerr

Smash Lord
=( but you can get away with so much more than I can
Pfft, bull****! I get flamed just as much regardless of my being a girl or not. If I say something that someone thinks is stupid, then they call me out for it. Ask Everlasting Yayuhzz, haha, he's really the only person to ever make me think about what I was posting.

oh hey i just noticed the post in gingerr's sig was made on the last minute of my birthdate anniversary
Well congratulations, even if it's well after the fact.

Teenage Mutant Turtles the Tournament Fighter Edition is more technical than Barwl. Discuss.
Whatever this game is, I fully support this statement.

Snowboard Kids 2 is more technical as well! (still accepting any and all money matches in that game, btw)

Kagesekan

Smash Journeyman
Pfft, bull****! I get flamed just as much regardless of my being a girl or not. If I say something that someone thinks is stupid, then they call me out for it. Ask Everlasting Yayuhzz, haha, he's really the only person to ever make me think about what I was posting.

Snowboard Kids 2 is more technical as well! (still accepting any and all money matches in that game, btw)
Haha, fine. No more johns.

And hellz yeah, I loved that game as a kid

Gingerr

Smash Lord
Is this thread now about games that are better than Brawl in general?

...and trolling.

...and Gurren Lagann, because it's amazing.

Kagesekan

Smash Journeyman
I think it is. Which means topic is open to anything not based off a movie. Michael Jackson's Moonwalker anybody?

Trolling is a vital part of every forum ;)

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
^

Does the Michael Jackson reference mean that I'm about to get trolled?

Edit: Thanks for the info, Ginger. I'll check it out tomorrow. Kumby ftw.

Smooth Criminal

Kagesekan

Smash Journeyman
It got a little bumpy for awhile but it picked up again. I would log the entire thing if I wasn't just going to leave it in some forgotten folder somewhere.

Smooth Criminal pwns any game ever.

Toobz

Smash Journeyman
Gurren lagann! Kamina is the Sh*t! That anime has raised the standard on action animes. All other action pg13 anime's don't even come close.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom