• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate: Stage Creation Contest (Complete)

TechPowah

Smash Ace
Switch FC
1951-3245-1423
As much as I now doubt a Snipperclips stage, let's all remember that just last game they hid the Boxing Ring being a Punch Out stage until after Mac was confirmed
so there being a stage might be a secret hiding in plain sight

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
Awesome to hear I've inspired people!

I'd like to believe I've inspired the official Smash team, too, seeing as Wario's Gamer stage in Smash 4 features the same thick outlines that I used in my Wario Rice Beach stage concept :psycho:

Let's see if (and how quick) Smash Ultimate will be modded. There's definitely some stages I'd still like to see!
Not to rain on your parade but i don't think the smash team looks on Smashboards. I think they just gave their stage Thick lines since warioware generally has thick lines. It'd be cool if they did though.

splat

Smash Lord
Not to rain on your parade but i don't think the smash team looks on Smashboards. I think they just gave their stage Thick lines since warioware generally has thick lines. It'd be cool if they did though.
Yeah, I wasn't really too serious (which I tried to convey with the silly eyes emoji). Thought it was a pretty cool coincidence anyway!

D

Deleted member

*In psb's mind:

Well I know this contest was never going to last forever and I did have an end to it planned. But people really have been enjoying it and are sad to see it ending so soon. Kevandre even said that it would be cool if it lasted until Smash Ultimate came out. I wonder, if I were to do that how many more rounds would the contest go for starting with next week's round.

*Looks at a calendar*

So that would mean 43 additional rounds to the contest. Not going to lie, that's less than I was expecting. We're currently doing Round number 20 so this would make a total of 63 rou.....wait, 63 is only one number away from 64, which is part of the name of the console smash debuted on. Another round the week after Smash Ultimate comes out means the game will have already been in our hands for a few days sure, but DLC is a strong possibility, people have really been enjoying this contest, and the opportunity for a stage contest for a Smash game that brings back every veteran ending at 64 rounds when Smash debuted on the Nintendo 64 just sounds so perfect, you know what? Screw it.

*Outside psb's mind

Contest Extension!
64 Rounds!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That old saying of "Ask and you shall receive" doesn't apply to everything, but it certainly ended up applying to this! Doing some brainstorming while taking into account suggestions of things like repeat rounds I have jotted down just enough ideas to make this happen. Round 21 begins next week and after that, I have decided to continue the contest until the week after Smash Ultimate comes out. Counting the rounds that have already been done, that will result in a total of 64 rounds when all is said and done!

That is what we'll be doing here unless this idea receives too much rejection. But I doubt that will happen so get your creative minds thinking more than ever, cause we're going to be here a while!

Guh-Huzzah!

Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
Gosh, 64 Rounds, that works too well.

We going to be doin' some reruns of popular rounds like Zelda, @psb123?
(Wait i just reread that he said we were. :p)

Last edited:

Kevandre

Ivy WAS Saurly missed
NNID
Kevandre
3DS FC
1736-1095-5393
Switch FC
SW-2226-3590-9812
Kevandre Kevandre Also just wanted to compliment your stages real quick.
I was looking at some of the previous contest yesterday and dang your good.
Thank you! I put a lot of thought into these on my end. I may not always win but I always like to be satisfied with what I submit lol

Guh-Huzzah!

Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
Don't forget everyone! the contest ends tomorrow! make sure to touch up on your stages before the big day!

D

Deleted member

Don't forget everyone! the contest ends tomorrow! make sure to touch up on your stages before the big day!
You mean that Round 20 ends tomorrow =P

Last edited by a moderator:

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
Kirby Super Star
Spring Breeze

Contest20 1.png
Spring Breeze is a sub-game in the game Kirby Super Star. It's essentially a remake of Kirby's Dream Land 1, with the addition of Copy Abilities. The Spring Breeze stage travels between the various levels in the subgame, but keeping the same layout with one floating platform. It's random what part of the stage it starts on, and it changes every 45 seconds.

I'll start out in level 1... Green Greens. In the background Whispy Woods (Who is the same height as usual) shows the definition of "If it aint broke, don't fix it". He contines doing what he's done for the past 5 games by blowing air at one side of the stage. It's a little more powerful then in previous games, but there's not much more to talk about. Lets skip over to the Float Islands!
Contest20 2.png

The Float Islands are a Tropical Beach setting, with the ocean and a large castle in the background. While in the Float Islands, Lololo and Lalala, the area's bosses in KSS walk around with Green Bricks. The bricks are about the height of Kirby and don't damage Kirby, they instead function as platforms. If Lololo and Lalala take a combined 50% damage, they disappear and the Blocks stay where they are. Now for the final area, Bubbly Clouds!
Contest20 3.png

The Bubbly Clouds portion of the stage takes place at night. The platform looks like a cloud, but the hitboxes are mostly similar. Shortly after the transition, Kracko appears. He rains on the main platform, causing it to increase in size by about x1.5. After about 20 seconds, the platform turns black and starts raning, causing an effect similar to Jungle Japes's water, sending you straight down with little hope of recovery. The platform also reduces to the regular size.

The Hazardless form changes background, but the bosses don't appear. This stage unlocks by beating Classic Mode with Kirby.

Notes: This stage is... eh. I burnt my best idea in the Anything Goes round because I wanted to go big, leaving this round in the dirt. Also, exited for the extention! 64 Rounds works too well.

Last edited:

Guh-Huzzah!

Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
Kirby Super Star
Spring Breeze

View attachment 150739
Spring Breeze is a sub-game in the game Kirby Super Star. It's essentially a remake of Kirby's Dream Land 1, with the addition of Copy Abilities. The Spring Breeze stage travels between the various levels in the subgame, but keeping the same layout with one floating platform. It's random what part of the stage it starts on, and it changes every 45 seconds.

I'll start out in level 1... Green Greens. In the background Whispy Woods (Who is the same height as usual) shows the definition of "If it aint broke, don't fix it". He contines doing what he's done for the past 5 games by blowing air at one side of the stage. It's a little more powerful then in previous games, but there's not much more to talk about. Lets skip over to the Float Islands!
View attachment 150580

The Float Islands are a Tropical Beach setting, with the ocean and a large castle in the background. While in the Float Islands, Lololo and Lalala, the area's bosses in KSS walk around with Green Bricks. The bricks are about the height of Kirby and don't damage Kirby, they instead function as platforms. If Lololo and Lalala take a combined 50% damage, they disappear and the Blocks stay where they are. Now for the final area, Bubbly Clouds!
View attachment 150583

The Bubbly Clouds portion of the stage takes place at night. The platform looks like a cloud, but the hitboxes are mostly similar. Shortly after the transition, Kracko appears. He rains on the main platform, causing it to increase in size by about x1.5. After about 20 seconds, the platform turns black and starts raning, causing an effect similar to Jungle Japes's water, sending you straight down with little hope of recovery. The platform also reduces to the regular size.

The Hazardless form changes background, but the bosses don't appear. This stage unlocks by beating Classic Mode with Kirby.

Notes: This stage is... eh. I burnt my best idea in the FFA round because I wanted to go big. Also, exited for the extention! 64 Rounds works too well.
The last two images are not loading properly, may you just put the links instead of the attachment, so we can click the link and see it? (Or it's just my laptop being dumb) Alright, their working now thanks!

Last edited:

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
The last two images are not loading properly, may you just put the links instead of the attachment, so we can click the link and see it? (Or it's just my laptop being dumb) Alright, their working now thanks!
I don't know what happened there. I fixed it so the mockups show up, but the KSS Screenshots aren't showing up.

D

Deleted member

Normally I would be declaring the end of Round 20 right now. But TechPowah TechPowah asked us to wait for his submission so that's what we're going to do. Though if it's not in by the end of the day tomorrow I'll have to call the round anyway.

Kevandre

Ivy WAS Saurly missed
NNID
Kevandre
3DS FC
1736-1095-5393
Switch FC
SW-2226-3590-9812
*In psb's mind:

Well I know this contest was never going to last forever and I did have an end to it planned. But people really have been enjoying it and are sad to see it ending so soon. Kevandre even said that it would be cool if it lasted until Smash Ultimate came out. I wonder, if I were to do that how many more rounds would the contest go for starting with next week's round.

*Looks at a calendar*

So that would mean 43 additional rounds to the contest. Not going to lie, that's less than I was expecting. We're currently doing Round number 20 so this would make a total of 63 rou.....wait, 63 is only one number away from 64, which is part of the name of the console smash debuted on. Another round the week after Smash Ultimate comes out means the game will have already been in our hands for a few days sure, but DLC is a strong possibility, people have really been enjoying this contest, and the opportunity for a stage contest for a Smash game that brings back every veteran ending at 64 rounds when Smash debuted on the Nintendo 64 just sounds so perfect, you know what? Screw it.

*Outside psb's mind

Contest Extension!
64 Rounds!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That old saying of "Ask and you shall receive" doesn't apply to everything, but it certainly ended up applying to this! Doing some brainstorming while taking into account suggestions of things like repeat rounds I have jotted down just enough ideas to make this happen. Round 21 begins next week and after that, I have decided to continue the contest until the week after Smash Ultimate comes out. Counting the rounds that have already been done, that will result in a total of 64 rounds when all is said and done!

That is what we'll be doing here unless this idea receives too much rejection. But I doubt that will happen so get your creative minds thinking more than ever, cause we're going to be here a while!
I'm not sure if your math is right. I'm pretty sure that 43 is the round # we'd be at when Smash Bros comes out, no?

TheMarioaddict

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TheMarioaddict
3DS FC
0130-1812-3778
Switch FC
SW-4314-7715-8313
I'm not sure if your math is right. I'm pretty sure that 43 is the round # we'd be at when Smash Bros comes out, no?
I just double-checked PSB's math, and can confirm Kevandre is right - December 7th would fall on the week of round 43.

@psb123 , you dun did a goof

D

Deleted member

I never was able to regain my high-school math talent after graduating -_-

Alright so I need some contestant feedback on this.

We can still do a total of 64 rounds, but we'd be in the beginning of May 2019 by the time we're done. Though I will leave a reminder of how strong a possibility DLC is.

It's either that or we have the last round the week that Smash Ultimate comes out, which would bring us to a total of 43 rounds.

I'm leaving this decision up to you guys. Which route do you want to go?

Last edited by a moderator:

Kevandre

Ivy WAS Saurly missed
NNID
Kevandre
3DS FC
1736-1095-5393
Switch FC
SW-2226-3590-9812
I'd say we at least do the full 43 and then see where everyone is at after that

TheMarioaddict

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TheMarioaddict
3DS FC
0130-1812-3778
Switch FC
SW-4314-7715-8313
I second Kevandre. The last contest had a drastic decrease in activity after Smash 4 came out, which lead to the contest being abruptly ended. I'd say go for 43 rounds, then once the game comes out see how everyone feels.

D

Deleted member

Seems like most people are saying go the 43 rounds and see how people feel after the game comes out. So that's what we'll do.

TechPowah

Smash Ace
Switch FC
1951-3245-1423
my stage is coming up soon, crystal clear

EDIT: it's being a bit more challenging to make than i expected, but i'll try to get it in before midnight tonight <i'm in central time>

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

EDIT: it's being a bit more challenging to make than i expected, but i'll try to get it in before midnight tonight <i'm in central time>
It would have to be before midnight my time. That leaves you 4 hours as of this post.

TheMarioaddict

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TheMarioaddict
3DS FC
0130-1812-3778
Switch FC
SW-4314-7715-8313

Man, you might wanna think about prepping your stages in advance. I swear you're late like every week, lol.

TechPowah

Smash Ace
Switch FC
1951-3245-1423
heroes always arrive late
plus it helps me think of what to do when i don't immediately have an idea
and to help with variety for each round
to see some of the other submissions

Last edited:

TechPowah

Smash Ace
Switch FC
1951-3245-1423
Patch Land
Universe: Kirby

Game of Origin: Kirby's Epic Yarn <Wii, 2010>
8-Player: No

What's a Kirby game without being able to suck enemies up to copy their powers? Well, Epic Yarn answers that question with a solid "an adorably hand made adventure"! Kirby's time in Patch Land was a story of whips, tanks, UFOs, and co-op with Prince Fluff. This stage will take you for a ride with a good feel - of pants.

First stop is Patch Castle, home of Prince Fluff. It's a mostly peaceful area, like the rest of the stage, but the good prince himself will still take matters into his own hands to keep it that way....

...by catching you in his whip and tossing you around! Fluff can carry you around for a bit before throwing you away, but the distance he throws you is always a fixed way, and it's no damage to get caught. Another player can hit Fluff to let go however, similar to Nabbit in Mushroom Kingdom U.

Next stop is Treat Land, home of toys, sweets and tunes. This is a section without any true hazards, but the legs of the soldiers will stomp about and the teddy's arm will wave, so it's a nice little parade.

Finally, we have Water Land, pirate central! The players set sail on two boats with a nice sea breeze, but some Sea Jellies will follow along. They can be used as platforms, but be careful about their shocking attack for 7%! The water slightly cuts your fall speed in half, but your jumps will be much higher when submerged.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Alright guys. Round 20 is officially closed. I'll do what I can to get the grades for it up later today but I wouldn't be surprised if we had to wait until at least tomorrow.

D

Deleted member

Time for Round 20 grades!

psb123's grades:

Frozen Hillside by Kevandre Kevandre

Iconic Status: 3/5

I think a solid middle ground is the best score for this stage. People have their memories of Air Ride for a reason and it did end up inspiring the ever popular Smash Run mode. But it is a spin-off that has gotten some age to it.

Originality: 8/10

Okay sure this stage does give off some vibes from the F-Zero stages but considering the kind of game Kirby Air Ride is I really don't know what else you could do for a stage from it other than City Trial which would probably just be a Delfino-style traveling stage anyway. Plus the grind rails aren't something I recall from any F-Zero Stage.

Playability: 8/10

The whole movement of the platforms functioning the way that they do does cause a few issues by nature. But I've seen much worse. This isn't something I can say would be so hard to play a match on that I'd want to turn the hazards off.

Overall Score: 19/25

Dark Castle by Guh-Huzzah! Guh-Huzzah!

Iconic Status: 5/5

Dedede is one of Kirby's main characters after all. His Castle sticks out pretty well on it's own just from that, but it having Dark Matter and the animal buddies in it really helps it stick out in people's memory. Especially since the Animal Buddies came back in Star Allies.

Orginality: 9/10

It fits well for a Dream Land 2 stage. Rick, Kine, and Coo showing up as hazards works really well. Though having them show up in such a set pattern every time isn't the method I can say I prefer. Dark Matter is a nice touch as well with the call back to Dream Land 2's final boss that he transitions the stage into.

Playability: 3/10

"Coo will fly around and attack airborne fighters. They can be KO'd at one hit each"

That's WAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYY too overpowered. I suppose Coo only being on screen for 20 seconds at a time helps a little bit but for how much area he covers it looks like if your in the air at all when he's around than you're getting KO'd.

Dark Matter also looks like he covers too much area in his portion to be able to avoid him effectively.

Overall Score: 17/25

Shiver Star Factory by TheMarioaddict TheMarioaddict

Honestly I think your main saving grace here is just how memorable of a game Kirby 64 is. Lots of people know it, lots of people love it. Maybe some areas from it stand out a bit more than others but I think just about any level from the game would make a notable Smash Stage. And for what it's worth. This is one of the games more notable levels.

Originality: 10/10

Simple but effective. And it meshes with the source material pretty well. I can't really find anything worth taking off points for here.

Playability: 9/10

The Mallets do provide just enough of an obstacle for me to take off a point. But they give you enough warning when they're about to hit for you to get away or try to get an opponent into it. Plus they can't get you stuck on the conveyor belts so all in all they're a fairly manageable hazard.

Overall Score: 24/25

Ripple Star by TKOWL TKOWL

A lot of the points that applied to MarioAddict's stage apply here as well. Plus saving this planet is kind of your overall goal throughout the game.

You know based on the artwork I thought at first this stage would be a walk-off. Very glad to see that there are pits on the sides of the fountain. Well, most of the time at least since Dark Matter can cover one of them as well as create some more platforms. That's actually quite funny how Miracle Matter is the only thing that Dark Matter brings to the stage that actually hinders the players =P

I also have to give you props for the fairies watching the fight in the background but scattering when Dark Matter appears. Save for the queen who in a stroke of being very clever on your part gets sucked up into the Dark Matter instead. Tiny details like that are appreciated for a reason. Nicely done.

Like I said, Miracle Matter is the only thing that Dark Matter (the only source of hazards in this stage) brings that actually hinders the fighters. Sure the black stuff that covers the pits causes damage but it seals off the blast zone at the same time. I'll take receiving some damage if it means I can recover from what would KO me otherwise.

As for Miracle Matter itself, the needles are fine, but the spark and the flame jet sound just tricky enough to dodge that I do have to take of one point.

Green Valley by GolisoPower GolisoPower

Iconic Status: 4/5

Rainbow Curse is a spin-off that seems like it would be unsurprising if people recognize it and unsurprising if people didn't. At the very least it does have the clay look going for it which like the Yarn look of Yoshi's Wooly World is a type of art style that has gotten fairly popular as an idea for how a Smash Stage could look.

Originality: 9/10

My only real gripe here is that I don't think you needed this kind of layout. It's got platforms all over the place and spaced out in ways that would require the rainbow lines to get to them. I do like how the lines speed you up and can be drawn in different ways. But I feel it would be better utilized on a more functional layout. You know the Green Greens stage from Melee? Take that layout, make the platforms at the sides bigger, and remove the blocks so that there are always pits between the platforms. That's the kind of layout I'm thinking here.

Playability: 7/10

I'll admit I already covered most of what I wanted to say here in the Originality score. But the layout of the stage does hurt playability more than it does originality:

Overall Score: 20/25

Drum Dash by splat splat

Sub games are a tricky one in terms of having a good iconic status score. But this is the one, or at least one of them, to start the trend of those sub-games getting expanded versions as standalone releases. Plus Triple Deluxe and Planet Robobot probably have the most notable sub games in the series likely for the reason of standalone releases. So I think a 4 works here.

It stays quite faithful to the source material I must say. Being able to have one of three backgrounds is a nice little touch as well. The stage is a lot like battlefield but with the platforms being trampolines (or at least like trampolines). Not the the pinnacle of creativity but it works pretty well all in all.

Maybe I'm just being paranoid, but something like needing to use air time to get to characters just bouncing over and over again when ground focused fighters like Little Mac and Ryu are in the game has me just a tad concerned.

Overall Score: 22/25

Spring Breeze by PeridotGX PeridotGX

Kirby Super Star is very popular and this sub game from it is, as you said, essentially a remake of Dream Land 1. No reason to take off any points here.

As much as the idea of going through the areas of Dream Land 1 works for this stage, there is sadly a stage in Smash 3DS that beat you to it. I'll take off one point for that though because, well, I didn't like that stage and this idea sounds like a much better execution of the concept =P

Especially given the additions of Lololo, Lalala, and Kracko. Granted I would have liked it if Whispy Woods did something different.

That Kracko Section has me a bit worried since it can make the main platforms act like the water of Jungle Japes. A problem made worse by the likely lack of being able to swim through it since it's on a platform.

Overall Score: 21/25

Patch Land by TechPowah TechPowah

Like with Green Valley the art style alone makes this kind of thing a popular idea for a Smash Stage. But I think this stands out more that Rainbow Curses Art style because it's had more time in the spotlight. Plus we did see a yarn stage in Smash Wii U via Woolly World. Though personally I think Kirby did the idea better than Yoshi did.

Works pretty well. I like that it keeps the areas it transitions too nice and concise without employing too many hazards. I'm also a fan of how the water works like regular ground and sky since it's made of yarn and the parade in Treat Land is the kind of precious thing that fans of this game would appreciate.

Playability: 10/10

I mean yeah Prince Fluff and the Jellyfish are there. But they aren't really enough of a problem to where I need to take off points. Especially since Fluff can't damage you.

Cosmic77's grades:

"Frozen Hillside" by Kevandre:

Iconic Status: 3/5

As great as a spin-off game it was, Kirby’s Air Ride came out an awfully long time ago. If we saw a sequel in the past five years or so, I met have given it a perfect score.

Originality: 6/10

I'll admit, this does seem like a better concept for an F-Zero stage. Regardless, I'll give you credit where it's due, and the idea of a stage taking place on traveling Warp Stars is a very original concept.

The clarification of not being able to pass through underneath the Warp Stars saved you some points. Still had to deduct points for making a high-speed stage like this though.

"Castle Dedede" by Blips:

Castle Dedede is one of the few recurring Kirby areas.

Originality: 7/10

The use of Rick, Kine, and Coo was unique, and Dark Matter is a fan-favorite who I'm sure many Kirby fans would love to fight in a Smash. My only complaint is that I would've like to have seen more variety with your layout.

Playability: 4/10

Two things:

The first thing is the layout. While it isn't too extreme, I do think the many crumbling and moving platforms can make for an awkward battle

The second is the characters. I REALLY would've like to have known how much damage it takes before these guys disappear. Enemies like these can really interfere with a battle, and based off the pathways you gave us, I can definitely see these guys posing an issue.

Overall Score: 16/25

"Shiver Star Factory" by TheMarioAddict:

I'm still pretty mad at you for sabotaging the results so EarthBound could lose. Expect this to be reflected in your scores (just kidding).

I loved this part in 64, but I can't say it was the most iconic part of the game. In addition, this doesn't even look like a typical Kirby stage, so I can't give it a pass because of its appearance.

The hammer gimmick isn't anything crazy unique, but we've never had anything like it in Smash before. I think this does a decent job of standing out.

Playability: 7/10

Definitely have to deduct points for not being able to grab the edges of the conveyors.

And the hammers are...hammers.

Overall Score: 19/25

"Ripple Star" by TKOWL:

It's showing its age a bit, but this is one of the most memorable parts of the game. I'd definitely consider this to be an iconic stage for Kirby.

Nice description of the background characters. A lot of submissions don't include things like that.

Moving on, I think what you came up with was very original. The layout looks nice (although a tad similar to the fountain area in Wuhu Island), and the hazards function very differently from what we normally see in Smash.

Playabillity: 6/10

Not gonna lie, some of these hazards really butchered your playability score. Personally, I would've stopped after the first attack you came up with (the dark fog attack that covers the pit).

Overall Score: 21/25

"Green Valley" by GolisoPower:

Kirby and The Rainbow Curse is still somewhat new, but this game went as quick as it came.

This is a really cool idea that stays true to the game. Aside from it already sounding fun, I can see people getting very strategic with those rainbow lines.

Pretty tame overall. The lines moving you is a small annoyance if it wasn't intended, but it's still simple enough.

Overall Score: 23/25

"Drum Dash" by splat:

Ehh... It's new, but it's technically just a sub-game. Not quite the same as a full game.

It's a basic idea, but it works great. Really like this gimmick being incorporated into a stage, and I think it'll make for some very fun, bouncy battles.

Playability: 10/10

Don't really see any issues here.

"Spring Breeze" by PeridotGX:

I never would've guessed this was a Kirby stage.

Originality: 4/10

You did come up with some pretty unique gimmicks, but the whole concept is extremely similar to the Dream Land stage in Smash 3DS.

It has a few hazards here and there, but overall, not too much going on. Layout is simple enough.

"Patch Land" by TechPowah:

Epic Yarn was a pretty fantastic and memorable game. Although, it's one of my favorite Kirby games, so maybe that's why I feel that way.

You stayed true to the game in more ways than one. Prince Fluff's ability to pick up players, the Teddy bear platform, the electrifying jellies - they're all present in the real game.

The Prince and the jellyfish creatures whose names I can't remember garner at least one point being deducted.

Nani?’s Grades:

Frozen Hillside by Kevandre

Iconic Status - 4/5

Saldy, I’ve never played Kirby’s Air Ride, so I can’t say I know how iconic it is, but I’ll take your word for it.

Originality - 5/10

Honestly, it gives me Mute City vibes. Both feature your character on some sort of vehicle that is riding along a track, and upon touching the ground, it hurts you. On the other hand, I like the idea of each warp star going up when they turn. It’s certainly unique.

Play-ability - 5/10

The stage sure seems playable, but I must admit I think it’d be rather hard, especially with the warp stars moving up and down. I said it was unique, not that it’d improve gameplay. Sorry. I do appreciate the Steamed Hams reference, however.

14/25

Dark Castle by Blips

Iconic Status - 5/5

King Dedede’s castle is in just about every game, so....

Originality - 8/10

While the animal friends coming in to help reminds me a bit of the Flying Man from Magicant, there’s not a single thing I can call “unoriginal” about this stage, with exception of the fact that there's a King Dedede's Castle section in Green Greens.

Play-ability - 7/10

The animal friends being easy to kill makes this stage very playable, but my real problem is when the stage transforms. As long as Dark Matter is fairly easy to kill, then that should be no problem, but the idea of the stage crumbling might make fighting difficult. Either way, you can stay on the new platforms they create, however.

20/25

Shiver Star Factory by TheMarioaddict

Iconic Status - 4/5

I don’t know much about the iconic status of this, (yet again,) but judging by the amount of remixes it’s gotten and the fact it was a stage in Kirby Triple Deluxe and Kirby Fighters Deluxe, I think it’s safe to say this is pretty iconic.

Originality - 9/10

Although two hammer things(?) are in the middle of the stage, just like in Kirby Triple Deluxe and Kirby Fighters Deluxe, I’ll give it a pass. On the other hand, the conveyor belts and the two platforms to the side seem very interesting.

Play-ability - 10/10

It looks very playable, and it also looks like a ton of fun! The hammers not smashing to often and the conveyor belts to the side being fairly slow makes this stage gimmicky in the the best way possible.

23/25

Ripple Star by TKOWL

Iconic Status - 4/5

I can’t say much about this, but I’d like to argue it’s fairly iconic. After all, getting to it to save the fairies was the entire goal of Kirby 64. Then again, newer Kirby fans may not know what it is, but I’d still say it’s fairly iconic.

Originality - 9/10

The layout reminds me a whole lot of the Fountain of Dreams, but the stage hazards are so unique, I can’t take to much off the score.

Play-ability - 9/10

The level has so many stage hazards, but none of them seem unfair, and it sounds like they’d contribute a fair amount to the gameplay. A platform rising out of the platform also seems like fun.

22/25

Green Valley by GolisoPower

Iconic Status - 3/5

If I’m honest, Kirby and The Rainbow Curse isn’t very iconic, and the location this stage is based off of isn’t either, but it is the most recognizable area in the game, so I’ll give it credit for that.

Originality - 10/10

As far as I’m concerned, this is 100% original.

Play-ability - 7/10

It seems like a pretty tame stage, but the idea of the platforms being so far apart that you can hardly get to them by normal means doesn’t work in my opinion, but I think the biggest problem here are the rainbow lines. They seem like a good idea, but the idea of them moving you doesn’t settle with me. It sounds like it might be a bit annoying.

20/25

Drum Dash by splat

Iconic Status 3/5

Not very iconic at all, but it's still semi-recent, so some people may know what it is.

Originality 10/10

Can't get much more original than that.

Play-ability 8/10

While the drums seem a bit trippy, I appreciate that you don't have to bounce.

21/25

Spring Breeze by PeridotGX

Iconic Status - 5/5

Literally features some of Kirby’s most iconic areas.

Originality - 7/10

Sorry, but it’s not very original. The first phase is basically Green Greens without the two platforms and the switching areas reminds me of the Kirby 3DS level. (Forget the name.)

Playa-bility - 10/10

If that’s not playable, I don’t know what is.

22/25

Patch Land by TechPowah

Iconic Status 4/5

Takes you on a nice little trip through some of Kirby's Epic Yarn's cute areas!

Originality 9/10

Each area is a fresh breath of air, and while Prince Fluff is very similar to Nabbit, I can't really take to much off your score.

Play-ability 9/10

Seems pretty fun, and the hazards look to be very fair.

22/25

Total Scores:

Kevandre: 50 points

Blips: 53 points

TheMarioAddict: 66 points

TKOWL: 67 points

GolisoPower: 63 points

splat: 67 points

PeridotGX: 60 points

TechPowah: 70 points

The Winner is............
Patch Land by TechPowah

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
Congrats to TechPowah! Good stages across the board, this may be the best round since Fire Emblem!

Yeah, I really wish I saved Dream Palace for this round. My stage was eh and the whole concept was used before.

Top Bottom