• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate: Stage Creation Contest (Complete)

Kevandre

Ivy WAS Saurly missed
NNID
Kevandre
3DS FC
1736-1095-5393
Switch FC
SW-2226-3590-9812
I am sad that we only have so many rounds left of this contest, it's one of my favorite things to do every week.

Grats to TKOWL TKOWL tho realtalk

Perkilator

Smash Legend
Writing Team
The perpetual trash fire known as Planet Earth(tm)
Stage: Patched Plains

Game: Kirby Planet Robobot

Description: The very first level of Planet Robobot that shows a mechanized Dream Land. Occasionally, a Robobot suit will appear for players to hop in. The Robobot suits have a different copy ability for each character who mounts it; for example, Mario is to Fire Robobot as Marth is to Sword Robobot. Two unique examples of a new Robobot suit are Corrin to Dragon, which fires mini meteors and spews blue fire as it flies, and Link to Archer, which fires bows out of both arrow arms. These Robobot suits will wear off after a while, so be prepared to eject with the Shield button when they start blinking red, or you’ll be caught up in the following explosion, which acts as a Danger Zone (meaning you will be instantly KO’d when over 100%). Clanky Woods also shows up time and again as a boss, retaining his moves from the original game; whoever defeats him will be granted slightly longer time in a Robobot suit.

(Making a format is to much for me, so sorry if I come off as lazy.)

TheMarioaddict

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TheMarioaddict
3DS FC
0130-1812-3778
Switch FC
SW-4314-7715-8313

Description: The very first level of Planet Robobot that shows a mechanized Dream Land. Occasionally, a Robobot suit will appear for players to hop in. The Robobot suits have a different copy ability for each character who mounts it; for example, Mario is to Fire Robobot as Marth is to Sword Robobot. Two unique examples of a new Robobot suit are Corrin to Dragon, which fires mini meteors and spews blue fire as it flies, and Link to Archer, which fires bows out of both arrow arms. These Robobot suits will wear off after a while, so be prepared to eject with the Shield button when they start blinking red, or you’ll be caught up in the following explosion, which acts as a Danger Zone (meaning you will be instantly KO’d when over 100%). Clanky Woods also shows up time and again as a boss, retaining his moves from the original game; whoever defeats him will be granted slightly longer time in a Robobot suit.

Er... not to rain on your parade, but:

Return to Dreamland, Triple Deluxe, and Planet Robobot aren't allowed for this round since they've already had their time in the sun
Sorry man.

D

Deleted member

As TheMarioAddict pointed out. Planet Robobot isn't eligible for this round. Sorry man, but you'll have to submit something else.

Kevandre

Ivy WAS Saurly missed
NNID
Kevandre
3DS FC
1736-1095-5393
Switch FC
SW-2226-3590-9812
Ahoy from mid-ocean, guys. The internet sucks but at least it exists lol

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
Sorry for the bad stage psb xD I was in a rush and really couldn't think of anything better. Reset center was kinda just the first thing that came to my mind.
Think by the time i was making it was (Before we got a delay) The same day the results came in.

I think my Dedede's Castle is better though.

Last edited:

TheMarioaddict

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TheMarioaddict
3DS FC
0130-1812-3778
Switch FC
SW-4314-7715-8313
Ahoy from mid-ocean, guys. The internet sucks but at least it exists lol
Wow, look at Kevandre with his fancy ocean internet. Thinks he's so much cooler than us.*

Having fun with all the fish and... boats, and, uh... other fish?

*he probably is. I mean, that's pretty cool.

splat

Smash Lord
I want to try, too! Is a stage from a sequel/subgame to Triple Deluxe considered eligible for the contest? If so, let me introduce:

DEDEDE'S DRUM DASH DELUXE'S
DRUM DASH

Castle.png

In Dedede's Drum Dash and Dedede's Drum Dash Deluxe the player bounces from drum to drum on the beat. By pressing the input button at the correct time, you get launched way up - and that's exactly the main gimmick of this stage. While being relatively tame with double platforms raised over a enormous pillarshaped drum, this stage boasts a nice surprise for fighters who prefer the air: input your jump just as you land to bounce! Meta Knight, can you show us?

Bouncy.png

Whoa--woah! That is some serious airtime! We only ever got that much bounce in Boxing Ring's ropes, but back then we didn't have a choice. In Drum Dash, it's completely optional. So what happens if you don't try to bounce? Well, you just land - because some of us just are no air fighters. And some of us just aren't that into bouncy houses, anyway. Which means you'll just have more approach and combo options to beat your opponent to the beat. Dashing!

Drum Dash is shown in its Must Dash version here, but it could also appear in City or Floral Fields versions, too! It's a surprise to everyone which one you'll get when you boot up the stage!

Music:
Bouncing Boss Battle - Dedede's Drum Dash Deluxe
Floral Fields - Dedede's Drum Dash Deluxe
Staff Credits - Dedede's Drum Dash Deluxe
Main Theme (Dedede's Drum Dash remix) - Dedede's Drum Dash Deluxe
Distant Traveler (Dedede's Drum Dash) - Triple Deluxe
Masked Dedede - Triple Deluxe
Crowned (Dedede's Drum Dash Deluxe) - Planet Robobot

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I want to try, too! Is a stage from a sequel/subgame to Triple Deluxe considered eligible for the contest? If so, let me introduce:

DRUM DASH

View attachment 150224

In Dedede's Drum Dash and Dedede's Drum Dash Deluxe the player bounces from drum to drum on the beat. By pressing the input button at the correct time, you get launched way up - and that's exactly the main gimmick of this stage. While being relatively tame with double platforms raised over a enormous pillarshaped drum, this stage boasts a nice surprise for fighters who prefer the air: input your jump just as you land to bounce! Meta Knight, can you show us?

Whoa--woah! That is some serious airtime! We only ever got that much bounce in Boxing Ring's ropes, but back then we didn't have a choice. In Drum Dash, it's completely optional. So what happens if you don't try to bounce? Well, you just land - because some of us just are no air fighters. And some of us just aren't that into bouncy houses, anyway. Which means you'll just have more approach and combo options to beat your opponent to the beat. Dashing!

Drum Dash is shown in its Must Dash version here, but it could also appear in City or Floral Fields versions, too! It's a surprise to everyone which one you'll get when you boot up the stage!

--

I suck at music, any suggestions would be great :)
Stages from the sub games are eligible.

Guh-Huzzah!

Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
@psb123 are these checked as soon as they are posted or not? i don't think so, just checking, because my stage has undergone several changes.

Like i said earlier, i was in a rush on the reset center because i was posting it on the same day results came in (Before it was delayed) and i didn't get much time, so i wanna make sure this one is the best i can make it.

(Just saying it again so i don't come off as a guy that sucks at original ideas xD not sure if you saw my other post lol)

Last edited:

Guh-Huzzah!

Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
Just go on Youtube and look up some Kirby songs. or think of the songs you remember. I Chose the animal friend themes for my Dedede's Castle Stage because i remember them so much when playing Kirby's Dream Land 2

D

Deleted member

@psb123 are these checked as soon as they are posted or not? i don't think so, just checking, because my stage has undergone several changes.

Like i said earlier, i was in a rush on the reset center because i was posting it on the same day results came in (Before it was delayed) and i didn't get much time, so i wanna make sure this one is the best i can make it.

(Just saying it again so i don't come off as a guy that sucks at original ideas xD not sure if you saw my other post lol)
People are able to edit their submissions until friday when the current round closes off. That being said it is a good idea to make a post letting the judges know that you did so.

D

Deleted member

So for a good long while it's just been me and Cosmic77 Cosmic77 grading stages. But I am pleased to announce that that is no longer the case.

Everyone give a big welcome to our new judges of..........

Nani? Nani?

and

Guh-Huzzah! Guh-Huzzah!

Blips will start judging in Round 21. Nani will start judging this round.

Last edited by a moderator:

Nani?

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
4613-7779-1616
Switch FC
SW 2020-9361-5549
Hello! :ulticeclimbers:

(Just had to throw in a stock icon 'cause these new ones look so good!)

Last edited:

Guh-Huzzah!

Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
Hiya! I'm Blips! but you can just call me Nate. I'm a Nintendo nerd and love the Retro games, and Smash! I don't know every game though. Played earthbound for like, 20 Minutes, for example. gosh i need to play more of that game. Anyway happy stage creating!

Nani?

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
4613-7779-1616
Switch FC
SW 2020-9361-5549
(Ignore the confusing messages I just sent. I accidently posted the scores in this chat then tried to edit them, sense I can't remove them, only to find out I was actually replying to them. ._. Ignore that. If a mod sees this, can you delete those?

TheMarioaddict

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TheMarioaddict
3DS FC
0130-1812-3778
Switch FC
SW-4314-7715-8313

DRUM DASH

View attachment 150224

--

Hey, I know you! You used to make actual custom stages for Brawl/Project M, right? Man, good times... do you still do that or nah?

So for a good long while it's just been me and Cosmic77 Cosmic77 grading stages. But I am pleased to announce that that is no longer the case.

Everyone give a big welcome to our new judges of..........

Nani? Nani?

and

Guh-Huzzah! Guh-Huzzah!

Blips will start judging in Round 21. Nani will start judging this round.
Hooray! I wholeheartedly welcome the addition of new judges, and know you guys will do a great job!

Last edited:

Nani?

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
4613-7779-1616
Switch FC
SW 2020-9361-5549
Hey, I know you! You used to make actual custom stages for Brawl/Project M, right? Man, good times... do you still do that or nah?

Hooray! I wholeheartedly welcome the addition of new judges, and know you guys will do a great job!
Accidently spamming isn’t indeed a great job. Trying to get an admin to delete that. long story. XD

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
It's sorta depressing knowing the contest is almost done. If I was in the situation, I would start doing repeat rounds as well as more unique categories (Like rounds based around consoles) but if PSB123 wants to end the contest I'm okay with it.

Nice to see new judges too! It should help with ties.

D

Deleted member

So you guys remember how TechPowah TechPowah submitted a Noisy Notebook stage from Snipperclips back in Round 12? Well now the Noisy Notebook Theme (I assume a remix) is on the Smash Ultimate Website. Makes you wonder doesn't it?

TheMarioaddict

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TheMarioaddict
3DS FC
0130-1812-3778
Switch FC
SW-4314-7715-8313
So you guys remember how TechPowah TechPowah submitted a Noisy Notebook stage from Snipperclips back in Round 12? Well now the Noisy Notebook Theme (I assume a remix) is on the Smash Ultimate Website. Makes you wonder doesn't it?
That is interesting, though as some people on reddit pointed out: the song has the generic music icon (instead of a series icon), which implies it won't get its own stage (considering Hannenbow had its own series icon in Brawl).

splat

Smash Lord
Nope, I realized I was awful at it and don’t really have the time to actually figure things out, so I just kind of gave up. Bowser’s Castle is the only one I finished (which lagged like hell until Xeno optimized it). Still have quite a few stages I started working on saved on my disk, though. Would love to pick it up one day, though I doubt I’ll ever find the energy to work on custom stages for a game that’s not the latest, most complete edition of the series.

TheMarioaddict

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TheMarioaddict
3DS FC
0130-1812-3778
Switch FC
SW-4314-7715-8313
Nope, I realized I was awful at it and don’t really have the time to actually figure things out, so I just kind of gave up. Bowser’s Castle is the only one I finished (which lagged like hell until Xeno optimized it). Still have quite a few stages I started working on saved on my disk, though. Would love to pick it up one day, though I doubt I’ll ever find the energy to work on custom stages for a game that’s not the latest, most complete edition of the series.
Aw :c

That's unfortunate, I always thought you had some of the best stage designs (even if Bowser's Castle is the only one you actually finished). They actually inspired a lot of my design process for these contests!

Ah well, it's good to have you in this thread at least! I'd love to see you pick up stage modding again someday!

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
Congrats to TechPowah TechPowah for getting the theme "Noisy Notebook" in Smash. The series doesn't have a special logo for the song, so I'm not sure if this helps or hurts the chances of us getting it as a stage. Regardless, it's still quite impressive to get a track of the same name.

Guh-Huzzah!

Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
It's sorta depressing knowing the contest is almost done. If I was in the situation, I would start doing repeat rounds as well as more unique categories (Like rounds based around consoles) but if PSB123 wants to end the contest I'm okay with it.

Nice to see new judges too! It should help with ties.
Couldn't agree more tbh. I'd love to see some new rounds.

Also, while we're here, love your Dream Palace stage.

Last edited:

Kevandre

Ivy WAS Saurly missed
NNID
Kevandre
3DS FC
1736-1095-5393
Switch FC
SW-2226-3590-9812
I'd like to add that I'm 100% cool with repeat rounds too. Some of them with less entries (Like Xenoblade) probably not but rounds like Mario/Zelda/Metroid/Pokemon have so much more to offer. It'd be great to keep the contest going until the game comes out at least

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
If I wasn't so busy next semester, I'd offer to take over and continue, but there's absolutely no way I'd ever be able to keep a proper schedule with this contest if I did.

I'm here if you need a judge, but I don't think I'd ever be able to take the lead.

Guh-Huzzah!

Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
I'd like to add that I'm 100% cool with repeat rounds too. Some of them with less entries (Like Xenoblade) probably not but rounds like Mario/Zelda/Metroid/Pokemon have so much more to offer. It'd be great to keep the contest going until the game comes out at least
Yeah. kinda bummed i missed out on the Zelda round.
You can ask psb.

Last edited:

splat

Smash Lord
Aw :c

That's unfortunate, I always thought you had some of the best stage designs (even if Bowser's Castle is the only one you actually finished). They actually inspired a lot of my design process for these contests!

Ah well, it's good to have you in this thread at least! I'd love to see you pick up stage modding again someday!
Awesome to hear I've inspired people!

I'd like to believe I've inspired the official Smash team, too, seeing as Wario's Gamer stage in Smash 4 features the same thick outlines that I used in my Wario Rice Beach stage concept :psycho:

Let's see if (and how quick) Smash Ultimate will be modded. There's definitely some stages I'd still like to see!

Top Bottom