• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros. to appear at San Diego Comic-Con (Special Surpise, but don't get your hopes up)

Status
Not open for further replies.

alex6309

Smash Ace
NNID
Dr.Dom
I hope we finally get to see some Ike gameplay, He's been revealed a while ago yet the only footage we have of him is him doing eruption then taunting in Lucina's trailer.

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
"Super Smash Bros. will be at San Diego Comic-Con in full force! Join us for the first-ever Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS tournament, tips and tricks live-streamed straight from the show floor and even a few special surprises." http://spr.ly/6183lYOc.

A veteran maybe? But it could be anything thanks to EVO.

But if it was a veteran it would be Lucas as coincidentally, Mother's anniversary is around that date.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Well, I'll just post here saying I hope the hype doesn't get out of control. I expect another trailer or two soon also, but a week and a half?

Vet...maybe.

After they didn't show Pac-Man at the end of the Invitational, and instead behind closed doors, my hopes aren't too high. Hah!

Jumpman84

Smash Lord
NNID
Jumpman84
3DS FC
3695-0041-5877
(gets my hopes up, only for them to be completely shattered)

We could get a trailer, like the one at Japan's event...

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
I'm actually more interested to see what the roster is for the tournament. I somehow doubt it'll be the same, they'd want to show more characters in action.

Here's hoping we can see what Palutena's default moveset is.

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
These are the Nintendo dates of interest around the time.

R.O.B. Anniversary-26th (JP)
Mother 25th Anniversary-27th (JP)
Dr. Mario Anniversary- 27th (JP)
Kid Icarus Anniversary- NA (Release date unknown)

If there's a veteran reveal, I would assume the likest vets to be revealed are either Lucas, Ness, or R.O.B.

Last edited:

Nat Perry

Smash Ace
Hopefully it's a new demo build with other characters and stages. I'm hoping for less landing lag too.

Last edited:

Nstinct

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3626-0477-8909
If Lucas made it back, I'd be so happy that I'd turn into a crybaby like Lucas. Then of course I'd defeat a powerful foe in tournament and mature into a man...kidding, I'd probably be mid-tier and cry forever alone. *shots fired?*

Soul.

"Special surprise", it seems. What could it be? A new mode? Veteran character? Newcomer? I suppose we'll find out the day the event starts.

DaDavid

Just Another Sword User
NNID
DaDavidEffect
Switch FC
SW-7381-1262-2246
I imagine it'll be a veteran reveal or maybe some 3DS Smash peripheral at most and a surprise appearance by Reggie or someone at least.

Doompatron3000

Smash Journeyman
Wow I am pleasantly surprise, although it does go back to what I said about Nintendo Hosting Tournaments somewhat.

Nintendo Tournament= New Reveal

StarLight42

Smash Lord
If it's a veteran, Ness please.

If it's a newcomer, Shulk please.

Not getting my hopes up though. I really thought it would be a better idea if they had revealed Pac-Man at the end of the invitational, but they didn't, so i'm not expecting much.

Last edited:

DaDavid

Just Another Sword User
NNID
DaDavidEffect
Switch FC
SW-7381-1262-2246
Well I think what happened with Pac-Man is that they wanted to reveal him during a time that Sakurai could stop and take questions afterward. Or they just wanted to give the press a little something special so as to keep them from whining that they basically made them useless this year.

Shroob

Sup?
I'm not expecting anything. Now, if Sakurai retweets it, sure, go crazy... but the fact that it falls on the weekend seems weird to me. I really think it'll just be like "With special appearance by Reggie!" or something like that.

Hippopotasauce

Smash Lord
NNID
Hippopotasauce
Like Chris said, it's likely to be guest appearances. That's what the special surprises were back at the E3 Treehouse stream.

Ryuutakeshi

Smash Lord
Well, SDCC is a big event. Perfect place to drop some vets. I can't wait (to see my facebook wall explode since I'll probably miss it).

Gene

You're a vegetable
NNID
Fairlight92
3DS FC
3411-0266-8945
I wish they would start a Smash Tournament at the NY Comic Con in October. It would be perfect since it's a few days after the 3ds version comes out.

Malkior7

Majestic Space Pirate
NNID
Sagittarius
3DS FC
4167-5777-1464
Accoridng to Facebook:

Super Smash Bros. will be at San Diego Comic-Con in full force! Join us for the first-ever Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS tournament, tips and tricks live-streamed straight from the show floor and even a few special surprises.

note what I bolded....

source: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Super-Smash-Bros/224173137756374
At the very least I expect at least 1 veteran revealed.

By the by I heard Kojima is attending ComicCon as well

CapnMuffin

Smash Apprentice
I realized something, the day after a tournament ends, we usually get some announcement. After Smash Invitational at E3, we got Pac-Man, after EVO 2014, we got Lucina and Robin. If this continues, then we should expect someone to be announced after Comic Con's tournament.
I'm pessimistic, but this is actually a valid point. Perhaps we will get a small something or another. I'm hoping for Ness, Meta Knight or Ganondorf, personally.

TewnLeenk

Can pick up a boulder with relative ease
BRoomer
I'm calling Ness and Falco at SDCC. You heard it first here, folks.

MontyMonterson

Smash Rookie
If Sakurai really is planning to announce all characters pre-release, we're in for some interesting weeks. Hoping that the final 2 of the original 12 will be announced.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Meta Knight please, after all he was the one dominating tournaments last game.

dezeray112

Smash Hero

Hippopotasauce

Smash Lord
NNID
Hippopotasauce
It could be possible that it's just guest appearances by competitive players or developers. Those were the surprises during the Nintendo Treehouse.

Edit: Oh god did I seriously post the same thing twice.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom