• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros. to appear at San Diego Comic-Con (Special Surpise, but don't get your hopes up)

Status
Not open for further replies.

The-Power-Within

Smash Ace
NNID
MasterSword06
3DS FC
0447-7094-2346
I'd really like to see Ness or Snake revealed at Comic Con or something. A Falco/Mewtwo reveal would also be nice I guess.

Skyfox2000

War it never changes...
NNID
Skyfox2000
Let's say if we got a Veteran I don't think they would give us a trailer just for a Veteran would they?

BombKirby

Smash Journeyman
A vet would just be revealed alongside another newcomer in a trailer like Captain Falcon and Charizard I bet.

Hokori

Great King of Evil
If Ganondorf gets revealed...y'know, with changes...I'd rejoice and sing.

Last edited:

Acadian Flycatcher

Smash Journeyman
The game is out in mid September... it's entirely reasonable to assume we'll get a few veterans revealed or even a newcomer.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Comic Con is a strong enough event to reveal MULTIPLE newcomers at.

It's a big event. One of the biggest in North America. I can totally see us getting something next Sunday and it gives Sakurai material for the Monday pic of the day.

4cast

Smash Ace
NNID
luma77
3DS FC
4511-0457-7629
The Smash Bros Face Book Page just posted this concerning the Smash 3DS Tournament at the SDCC says things like a larger smash bros focused 2 days and most importantly at the very bottom it says they will be a few surprises for me a ''Few Surprises'' means a Newcomer or multiple Veterans I would say Snake would fit in the category but then again I have no clue Rumours suggest it is a Meta Knight and Spear Dee Trailer but I'm not sure so what is your guys opinions on this subject? I honestly have no clue about all this but here is a link to the facebook page

https://www.facebook.com/2241731377...41830.224173137756374/300089866831367/?type=1

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Considering how the Nintendo Treehouse stream at E3 was supposed to have "a few surprises", which amounted to nothing more than the Invitational players popping up to play for a bit, and the Treehouse team having a "tournament", I am not holding my breath for anything substantial in terms of in-game details.

Hong

The Strongest
@ 4cast 4cast
We already have a thread for this, so I've merged yours into it. Please check for like threads before making your own. Thanks. :D

4cast

Smash Ace
NNID
luma77
3DS FC
4511-0457-7629
@ 4cast 4cast
We already have a thread for this, so I've merged yours into it. Please check for like threads before making your own. Thanks. :D
Well could you at least fix the search bar then? its really hard to find anything with it

Leonyx

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Leonyx3
3DS FC
2638-1926-1616
Maybe they'll give us a release date for the Wii U version?

Malion

Smash Ace
They might be detailing some more 3DS Modes they haven't revealed yet... but the least they can do is confirm at least one veteran.

Skyfox2000

War it never changes...
NNID
Skyfox2000
Hold the Phone!!! Who edited my title?
EDIT: Disregard that Comment.

Last edited:

Hong

The Strongest
Hold the Phone!!! Who edited my title?
EDIT: Disregard that Comment.
With my apologies. I should have tagged you as well.

I had merged the three threads together. While your post has the honours of being the first, I find mentioning that Nintendo had implied something special for the event would make it more eye-catching, so I kept the title from one of the different threads instead of your own. That said, you are free to use the "Thread Tools" function to alter it as you see fit, friend. :)

Last edited:

Mechonis

Smash Journeyman
...anyone else's Anti-virus going crazy on the second page of this thread? Whenever I open it, my AVAST! anti-virus says it blocked a virus, and gives a link that I don't recognize that it blocked.

The One Who Wrote This

Great Robo Cup Champion
NNID
Cyberking1994
3DS FC
1719-3182-9276
I do hope it's a veteran reveal. I don't mind ANY of the veterans at all, but I do hope that Ganondorf gets revealed soon. I know he'll be in the game, but I want to see his glorious visage in HD, Smash Bros. styled.

Well, that and I main him in the games he appears in.

Skyfox2000

War it never changes...
NNID
Skyfox2000
With my apologies. I should have tagged you as well.

I had merged the three threads together. While your post has the honours of being the first, I find mentioning that Nintendo had implied something special for the event would make it more eye-catching, so I kept the title from one of the different threads instead of your own. That said, you are free to use the "Thread Tools" function to alter it as you see fit, friend. :)
That's Ok. I'm not upset. Thanks for your help, Friend. :ness:

The Slayer

RAWR!
NNID
Ren
3DS FC
1778-9825-9960
...anyone else's Anti-virus going crazy on the second page of this thread? Whenever I open it, my AVAST! anti-virus says it blocked a virus, and gives a link that I don't recognize that it blocked.
I guess I wasn't the only one. Must be when the pages were being merge, causing AV to double check what happen with previous pages and thinking it was a virus afoot. Probably a false negative.

pants name guy

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
5386-7849-1985
I doubt a new character will be revealed.

Also, a Smash 3DS tournament? Lol, I heard on all the impressions that Smash 3DS had terrible controls and was very unlikely to gain a competitive scene, IDK though.
In the Nintendo Minute interview at Evo, KDJ and I think someone else both said they enjoyed the 3DS version more than the Wii U. As someone who played it (albeit briefly), I thought it was surprisingly comfortable, at least on the XL. It also apparently was faster than the Wii U's E3 build and stuff from what I've heard. It seems a bit controversial as to whether it will develop a competitive scene, but the only problem I can think of is lack of a wired connection, but we'll see how that fares when it comes out.

FrostShock

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ClockworkWizard
It's possible we'll get some sort of reveal, but remember that Nintendo has been going purely digital with all of their reveals. Announcing one at a live event would buck the trend. If anything, I can see them making a quick live stream or Nintendo Direct saying, "Thank you, the fans, for your support at this CC 3DS Tournament. In appreciation for your enthusiasm, here's some new information on Smash Bros. for 3DS. Enjoy."
Pac-Man was revealed at the Smash Bros. round table and Wii Fit Trainer was revealed at the E3 show floor. The trend has been bucked since day one.

Acadian Flycatcher

Smash Journeyman
55 days until Smash is out and the whole roster is known.

Something is going to happen. Even a single vet at the least almost guaranteed at this point.

SuperLuigiTheIntalian

Smash Apprentice
NNID
sagablitz
Their is a possibility that marshal/ chorus men or shulk might be comfirmed in Comic Con 2014, if not sakuri might surprise us as usual, you can't predict this guy for sure.

Skyfox2000

War it never changes...
NNID
Skyfox2000
Pac-Man was revealed at the Smash Bros. round table and Wii Fit Trainer was revealed at the E3 show floor. The trend has been bucked since day one.
I want to be hyped for a Veteran but knowing Sakurai "Anything can happen in this world" and we'd just end up disappointed. Comic-Con would be the place to revel a Veteran I hoping for Solid Snake/Ness.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Warning Received - Double Posting
I'll admit that I forgot about the Pac-man reveal being shown at a physical event, though it was behind closed doors without cameras being allowed, since Nintendo was going to show it later. And to my knowledge (could be wrong), WFT was shown via the pre-recorded "conference" Nintendo streamed during E3. They didn't actually have a show floor press conference in 2013 or 2014.

My point in that post was that Nintendo was extremely unlikely to show up at Comic Con and show something, since they have yet to do that. Release a video during Comic Con? Perhaps. I still find that unlikely as well, but with the 3DS tournament happening there, it's certainly possible.

You guys kidding, comic con is for comic books, SUPERHEROES.

WARIOMAN must be confirmed! :)
Comic Con has evolved far being just comic books. Mortal Kombat is supposed to have something announced there this year, and I remember Capcom's big MvC3 reveal of Spencer at Comic Con, despite him being strictly a videogame character.

Not saying Smash will have anything there, but Comic Con is about way more than comics nowadays. I think more people go there for the movies and TV shows than anything.

Last edited by a moderator:

Kevandre

Ivy WAS Saurly missed
NNID
Kevandre
3DS FC
1736-1095-5393
Switch FC
SW-2226-3590-9812
I think a veteran would make sense or perhaps a release date. Definitely wouldn't anticipate at all a newcomer. Though I dunno you never know I guess.

Tenchi Boom

Smash Apprentice
NNID
TenchiBoom
So what were all expecting is a Ness reveal as it's Mother's 25th Anniversary on the final day of Comic Con...? It all makes perfect sense...

OH MY GOD PLEASE BE TRUE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom