• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros. to appear at San Diego Comic-Con (Special Surpise, but don't get your hopes up)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
My expectations for what is going to be revealed:

A newcomer
The rest of the veterans
3 more newcomers
My dog will finally come home
another 3 newcomers
Mom and dad will stop fighting
and Ridley

Aqueducts

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
1891-1713-0780
I really want the surprise to be character announcements just like you, but I'm going to hold off on that belief until Sakurai says something or I'm watching that trailer with my eyes. I definitely don't want to set myself up for disappointment.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
If Sakurai says something. I roll into a ball like Samus and sneak in to Comic Con myself.

LF2K

Floor Diver
Hopefully Sakurai will drop a rainbow colored bombshell in his Miiverse post tomorrow. Then we know we can get hyped. :p

I'm hoping for at least a newcomer. A Wii U launch day would be nice, too.

tippy

Smash Apprentice
I wasn't expecting them to put the 3DS demo on the e-shop anytime soon, so it really stings that they'd only give it to select people going to Comic-Con. Unless they're going to release it to the public after Comic-Con ends...

Turokman5896

Smash Lord

NoiseHERO

Smash Journeyman
NNID
NoiseHERO
3DS FC
4038-7106-6271
My expectations for what is going to be revealed:

A newcomer
The rest of the veterans
3 more newcomers
My dog will finally come home
another 3 newcomers
Mom and dad will stop fighting
and Ridley
At the second line I was about to be like "BENDER NO YOU WERE ONE OF THE COOL GUYS! D:" then realized you were joking by the time I reached the third line.

Muster

Smash Lord
NNID
Muster
3DS FC
3454-0690-6658
Edit: nvm, I read it wrong

Last edited:

LF2K

Floor Diver
They did say a "few" surprises , so we'll have to see if anything else unfolds.

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
Still, they are hyping Comic Con a lot. What with their messages on Facebook/Twitter and the tournament and what not.

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
I think that brings down the likelihood of a character reveal significantly. Still cool nonetheless.

It was said there were surprises. Although I think anything character related would be a veteran reveal at the end of the week in the PotD.

Senario

Smash Ace
I swear if the surprise is ****ing Mango or any of those guys showing up, I'll be pissed. No one want to see that crap
...I would want to see Mango or PPMD play just saying. Just because you don't want to doesn't mean others won't want to see it.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
And the 'surprise' was only something relevant to attendants to the event, just as I predicted.

Nintendo is painfully strict with their demos, though. Geez.

LF2K

Floor Diver
The show hasn't even begun yet. Do you think they'd bring out the big guns just yet? :p

Gidy

Smash Lord
NNID
I-Gidy-I
3DS FC
0834-3126-6726
Re: I swear if it's another exclusive 3DS gamemode I'm gonna flip tables.

Gidy

Smash Lord
NNID
I-Gidy-I
3DS FC
0834-3126-6726
More like if I see another Smash Run demonstration, like seriously we've seen enough of that ****
True, but my point stays. The 3DS is already the better version in terms of content so give the Wii U version some love.

Halfhead

Smash Journeyman
I'm definitely going to be there for the Friday tournament and probably also the Saturday and maybe even Sunday shenanigans. Does anyone have specific things they want me to check out?

TeaTwoTime

Smash Ace
True, but my point stays. The 3DS is already the better version in terms of content so give the Wii U version some love.
Unfortunately, I'd advise you not to expect much Wii U love until after the 3DS release, if any. They won't want to hype up the Wii U version until the 3DS one is out for obvious marketing reasons. :p

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
I'm definitely going to be there for the Friday tournament and probably also the Saturday and maybe even Sunday shenanigans. Does anyone have specific things they want me to check out?
I'd personally like another opinion about how well it controls on the 3DS. The more opinions the merrier :awesome:

Ryan.

Smash Lord
I hope this isn't like Nintendo Treehouse this year where they said it was a "huge day for Smash" with special surprises and then they just brought out people from the Invitational to play Smash with them.

juddy96

Smash Lord
HugS is confirmed to appear at Comic Con to enter in the tournament with Mega Man (his twitter)

Untouch

Smash Master
Will the demo download to your 3DS?
If someone manages to get it, could they extract it from their 3DS?

I don't have a 3DS so I don't know how that works.

ORVO5

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4785-5813-6727
Not sure why everyone's saying it's too soon for a new character reveal (veteran or newcomer.) They're running out of time with around 50 days left. That's around 7 weeks left to reveal things without JP players spoiling the full roster for us. If we have around/over 50 characters in SSB4 like a lot of people have speculated, it's not impossible to think we'd start getting more reveals than usual. They already switched up their schedule from revealing characters every other month to once a month. Though for some reason I'm not exactly expecting a reveal, but it's SDCC so why not?

Gidy

Smash Lord
NNID
I-Gidy-I
3DS FC
0834-3126-6726
Unfortunately, I'd advise you not to expect much Wii U love until after the 3DS release, if any. They won't want to hype up the Wii U version until the 3DS one is out for obvious marketing reasons. :p
Omai, I never realized this. It makes sense because Nintendo is trying to double dip with these titles.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom