• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros. to appear at San Diego Comic-Con (Special Surpise, but don't get your hopes up)

Status
Not open for further replies.

FancysaurusRex

Smash Apprentice
What I'm curious about is...after the Japan's release, then what? Sakurai knows pretty much everything is going to get spoiled. So what will the POTD's be about?

I feel this is important to consider in regards to whether or not we get a character this weekend/Monday. Will he show secret character trailers only after release, or before? Apparently every newcomer gets a trailer, so I don't know!

Last edited:

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
What I'm curious about is...after the Japan's release, then what? Sakurai knows pretty much everything is going to get spoiled. So what will the POTD's be about?
Wii U exclusive content

We get the entirety of Smash Run exclusive to 3DS. Wonder what Wii U stuff is in store.

Last edited:

LudwigKoopa

Smash Cadet
NNID
Moostache15
Pretty excited to see how the 3DS tournament works out. I'm still undecided on getting that version at all though.

Ganonthegreat

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Ganonthegreat
3DS FC
3780-9005-2627
Pretty excited to see how the 3DS tournament works out. I'm still undecided on getting that version at all though.
If you can hold out on Smash for a few months to only get the Wii U version, you have much better restraint than me xD

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Hmmm... We got a week of nothing but stages. If they're gonna be in the tourney that makes sense but why show off the WiiU Star Fox one?

A hint or unintended misdirection?

Somanygames

Smash Rookie
IDK if this is just me. But this footage from Comic-con seems faster than the e3 footage

Since I can't post links yet the video I'm talking about is a IGN video named "Samus lays the Smackdown in Smash Bros"

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Why does everyone who plays Mega Man give up on his bazillion projectiles in less than 10 seconds and starts spamming fire sword?

Oniric Spriter

Smash Ace
MIOM | Toph ‏@toph_bbq 4m
So @bobbyscar and I will be commentating the world's first 3DS Smash 4 tourney this Friday at #ComicCon2014 Watch at http://twitch.tv/nintendo!

MIOM | Toph ‏@toph_bbq 1m
Entrants will include @HugS86, @tafokints and @LegendofLucky :D
That's great, but at what hour will it be?

Also, in case anyone is scared of missing the direct on twitch I recommend the extension for Chrome Twitch Now, you just need to follow the channel and the very moment the stream is live it pops up a little window. Very useful.

Last edited:

Renji64

Smash Lord
Looking forward to this 3ds tourament hopefully it won't end up how that invational grand finals did with all the stalling.

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
Why does everyone who plays Mega Man give up on his bazillion projectiles in less than 10 seconds and starts spamming fire sword?
I'd never played on a pro controller before, so when I tried the demo, it was super easy to mix up the A and B buttons. I played as villager. After the first few seconds I the mach, I realized I had to stick to A moves instead of specials because if I switched between them too much, I'd mix them up.

ScottyWK

Smash Lord
NNID
ScottyWK
3DS FC
3239-4428-9575
The much quicker load-screen from match to victory screen is encouraging.

Snagrio

Shiny Lord
NNID
WingedFish64
3DS FC
4081-5821-0404
I'm going to miss all the action since I'm going on vacation tomorrow till Monday. I'll try to check in during downtime though.

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
Ummm...probably because Mega Man's projectiles look incredibly weak, slow, predictable and with little range.
The only decent projectiles, in my opinion, are Up Air and maybe Forward Smash.

Qsmash

Smash Cadet
Some people are saying landing lag has been reduced. I can't really tell it has. Hopefully, there is someone at comic con to test things out for us.

ScottyWK

Smash Lord
NNID
ScottyWK
3DS FC
3239-4428-9575
Ummm...probably because Mega Man's projectiles look incredibly weak, slow, predictable and with little range.
The only decent projectiles, in my opinion, are Up Air and maybe Forward Smash.
This, and they probably aren't as useful in FFAs. The projectiles should be formidable in spacing 1v1s, but with the chaos of a FFA, spacing is pretty secondary.

Metallaeus

Smash Apprentice
Some people are saying landing lag has been reduced. I can't really tell it has. Hopefully, there is someone at comic con to test things out for us.
Unless, like you said, we get someone to confirm this for themselves, I hold my comments on this.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
This, and they probably aren't as useful in FFAs. The projectiles should be formidable in spacing 1v1s, but with the chaos of a FFA, spacing is pretty secondary.
It fits in with my strategy as Isaac in PSASBR. Stay back and try and get a few good hits in before strikings at the right time.

TaFoKiNtS

Smash Lord
I'll test it out for you guys tomorrow.

Much of the lag and sluggishness at e3 for the WiiU felt like it was coming from the TV. At comic-con, they may have had better monitors to lessen the lag or perhaps it's a completely new build. I'll let you know more. I'll also say that the 3DS version at e3 felt MUCH better than the WiiU version in terms of movement and lag.

Let me know of anything you want me to test.

Metallaeus

Smash Apprentice
I'll test it out for you guys tomorrow.

Much of the lag and sluggishness at e3 for the WiiU felt like it was coming from the TV. At comic-con, they may have had better monitors to lessen the lag or perhaps it's a completely new build. I'll let you know more. I'll also say that the 3DS version at e3 felt MUCH better than the WiiU version in terms of movement and lag.

Let me know of anything you want me to test.
Just see if there's less landing lag and if it overall feels better or more or less the same. Thanks in advance!

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Wario could happen now

Nintendo put smash bros 3ds in warios catergory box by accident and now its gone it was there talk to some smashboarders

And not to mention its a friday tomorrow.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

THIS POST NEVER EXISTED

Last edited by a moderator:

Metallaeus

Smash Apprentice
A lot of people are saying the game is faster, and that there's much less overall landing lag. You guys can judge for yourselves if you want.
This video has already been posted.
Also it's hard to tell just watching because it's completely different from playing the game. People are hopefully going to give us more info soon though.

TJ-Works

Smash Hero
Also it's hard to tell just watching because it's completely different from playing the game. People are hopefully going to give us more info soon though.
The only thing I've noticed is the result screen loading a lot faster than it did in matches at E3. At least this much shows they're improving technical aspects of SSB before the big release.

D

Deleted member

Yeah, my mistake.
But like I said, a lot of people are saying that it plays faster and has less landing lag, but I guess we can only really know for sure when someone comes along with an analysis.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom