• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros. to appear at San Diego Comic-Con (Special Surpise, but don't get your hopes up)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gabukin

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Gabukin
it would have been cool but the time it would have taking to make a new build would have just taken away time they are using to finish up the game so its fine
I suppose that is true, but I mean It can't be to hard to adding a few new characters to the demo, could it?

Bladeviper

Smash Ace
NNID
Bladeviper
I suppose that is true, but I mean It can't be to hard to adding a few new characters to the demo, could it?
it would depend if they are already in the demo or not, if the files are there then no it would have been quick but if not then they wold have to build a new demo basically

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
It could be another reveal (veteran or newcomer), new characters playable compared to the ones at E3 demo, a downloadable demo, or some prize at Comic Con, I don't know. Whatever it is, I'm not having high expectations for it.

ZeldaPlayer87

Smash Journeyman
The thing is, if Friday's POTD is a veteran reveal, then Sakurai won't overshadow it with a reveal of more veterans or a newcomer so quickly. If the Friday POTD is NOT a veteran reveal, than the chances of a reveal happening this weekend just skyrocketed.

Last edited:

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
All depends on whether or not he acknowledges Comic-Con in today's caption for me. Not only that but HOW he acknowledges it.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Agreed. I mean we shouldn't have expected anything different because of the ruleset and Zero not primarily being a melee player but defensive play should not pay out that much when H box was getting in as much as he could. Anything to win but honestly the ruleset was kinda silly. Wish the first 1v1 match played out differently. We wouldn't have had boos in the crowd if the game rewarded offense more like melee does.
If it was under normal rules, not going to sudden death, he would have won with Kirby. But nope :urg:

Last edited:

Katty Shepherd

Smash Ace
The thing is, if Friday's POTD is a veteran reveal, then Sakurai won't overshadow it with a reveal of more veterans or a newcomer so quickly. If the Friday POTD is NOT a veteran reveal, than the chances of a reveal happening this weekend just skyrocketed.
So everyone's expecting a veteran this weekend, it's Friday but we got the 3DS menu screen I do believe but no veteran.
Here's hoping for the rest of the original twelve, a MIA veteran from brawl...
Hopefully Snake.

Hong

The Strongest
In any event, SDCC is a good place as any for Wario. I know he appeals a lot to western fans. Even if I am not a fan of the character, he's feels like he should have been with Smash all along. Even if I know he's in Smash 4, I want to see how he looks.
God Gematsu, who do you have to be such a screw up?
The only people who screwed up are the people who don't know how to handle leaks to begin with. Even to this day, people still don't know how to interpret leaked information, even after they were burned, even after nothing that happened should have been a surprise. :/

Katty Shepherd

Smash Ace
In any event, SDCC is a good place as any for Wario. I know he appeals a lot to western fans. Even if I am not a fan of the character, he's feels like he should have been with Smash all along. Even if I know he's in Smash 4, I want to see how he looks.The only people who screwed up are the people who don't know how to handle leaks to begin with. Even to this day, people still don't know how to interpret leaked information, even after they were burned, even after nothing that happened should have been a surprise. :/
In general I don't trust leaks particularly the ones with "X character will be revealed on X date". I feel like Gematsu still has some weight but I don't expect much more from it, it had a good run but poor Chrom killed it.

Nielicus

Smash Lord
So you guys think we'll get a reveal or not? If we do I hope it's a newcomer because veterans can be revealed at literally anytime.

Skyfox2000

War it never changes...
NNID
Skyfox2000
Does anybody know what time does the tournament start?
So you guys think we'll get a reveal or not? If we do I hope it's a newcomer because veterans can be revealed at literally anytime.
Except for 1. I say well get a Veteran revel we just got 2 Newcomers!

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
If a newcomer was going to be revealed today I can almost guarantee Sakurai would have said something in the PoD this morning about it. A veteran's much less of a stretch but, given how Sakurai handles the site, it would have to be revealed today because I doubt Sakurai will break his own rule of not updating on the weekends.

Hong

The Strongest
Does anybody know what time does the tournament start?
11:30 AM PST

So... four hours from now?
If a newcomer was going to be revealed today I can almost guarantee Sakurai would have said something in the PoD this morning about it. A veteran's much less of a stretch but, given how Sakurai handles the site, it would have to be revealed today because I doubt Sakurai will break his own rule of not updating on the weekends.
I figure the best bet would be a veteran reveal for the end of the event, which would be shown on the official site by Monday.

Bladeviper

Smash Ace
NNID
Bladeviper
11:30 AM PST

So... four hours from now?
I figure the best bet would be a veteran reveal for the end of the event, which would be shown on the official site by Monday.
i hope the vods go up quickly after its over i have to work :/ oh well should be fun to watch anyway

Ryan.

Smash Lord
I don't think Peach was playable at the E3 Demo.

I am hoping for a veteran more than anything tbh.

Superyoshiom

Smash Master
NNID
Superyoshiom
Hoping it's not wario whose revealed today,I'd rather have a new comer.
I'd be thankful for anyone, to be honest. Knowing Nintendo and their "surprises" it's probably nothing of importance. For all we know, it could've been that 3DS demo. That'd suck for me, because I'm not even going to Comic Con.

Tikivoy

Smashing idol~
Switch FC
SW-4447-4606-8984
/Wario-Man at Comic-Con...with Glee Club please.

I'll go in with low expectations though, I mostly want to see how the lounge looks since I'll be there tomorrow. Plus the tournament should be fun to watch.

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
There are actually 3 different game anniversaries this weekend that could correspond to a reveal.

- Yesterday (July 24th) was the Wario Land Shake-It 6th Anniversary.
- Tomorrow (July 26th) is R.O.B.'s 29th Anniversary.
- Sunday (July 27th) is the Mother 25th Anniversary.
- Sunday is also Dr. Mario's 24th Anniversary.

So many potential reveals.....
I will be kinda surprised if we don't get at least a vet, just because of all the Anniversaries.

Though the Earthbound (Mother 2) 20th Anniversary is on August 20th I think, which is kind of being made a big deal in Japan, as they are releasing collectible Mother 2 figures.
So they could be saving Ness for that.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
I wonder why Peach/Lucario/Charizard etc. aren't in the demo.

Something I don't get at this point. Maybe bugs and more tweaking?

Last edited:

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
There are actually 3 different game anniversaries this weekend that could correspond to a reveal.

I will be kinda surprised if we don't get at least a vet, just because of all the Anniversaries.

Though the Earthbound (Mother 2) 20th Anniversary is on August 20th I think, which is kind of being made a big deal in Japan, as they are releasing collectible Mother 2 figures.
Simple fix.

Huge trailer. Reveals Wario, R.O.B, Ness, Lucas, a Doctor Mario alt for Mario, and 2 newcomers. 7 minutes of glorious Smash.

Ganonthegreat

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Ganonthegreat
3DS FC
3780-9005-2627
So do we have the time for the Smash 3DS tournament? I assume the entire thing is going to be streamed on Twitch too, am I correct?

Hong

The Strongest
So do we have the time for the Smash 3DS tournament? I assume the entire thing is going to be streamed on Twitch too, am I correct?
Well, they will probably have multiple setups and stream what they can until the top 8 or so, in which they stream everything.

In theory it should start in about two hours from now, but I wouldn't get there early since Nintendo is typically slow.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Simple fix.

Huge trailer. Reveals Wario, R.O.B, Ness, Lucas, a Doctor Mario alt for Mario, and 2 newcomers. 7 minutes of glorious Smash.
That would be like asking for an elephant for Christmas at this point. This is the first year where Nintendo is actually having a decent showing for Comic-Con so I doubt they're going to try to top their E3 content. With an August Direct probably coming in less than three weeks, I'm not expecting any huge reveals until then.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
What seems more likely: A reveal to kick start the tournament or a reveal to close tournament?

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
Simple fix.

I wouldn't get you're hopes up.

Trust me, I would love this and die of hype overdose if this happens, I just don't want to get all exited and then be greeted to just a Wario.

Superyoshiom

Smash Master
NNID
Superyoshiom

The anniversary reveal theory has only happened once, with Peach. There were countless other major anniversaries that would be the ideal time to reveal a vet, like Ice Climbers, that Sakurai has just glanced over.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom