• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros. to appear at San Diego Comic-Con (Special Surpise, but don't get your hopes up)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bladeviper

Smash Ace
NNID
Bladeviper
This video has already been posted.
Also it's hard to tell just watching because it's completely different from playing the game. People are hopefully going to give us more info soon though.
its also might be harder just watching due to youtube capping at 30 fps

relaxedexcorcist

Smash Ace
NNID
relaxed
3DS FC
4167-4486-3541
It's hard to tell if it's different for me... Anyone see anything that signals a new build?
Pit doesn't sound like he's dying whenever he uses up special anymore. Mega Man still has his emotionless face during his Final Smash though...

TJ-Works

Smash Hero
Pit doesn't sound like he's dying whenever he uses up special anymore. Mega Man still has his emotionless face during his Final Smash though...
Isn't that true to Mega Man's nature?

He never sheds a tear when he demolishes robot masters. Because he doesn't need emotions.

relaxedexcorcist

Smash Ace
NNID
relaxed
3DS FC
4167-4486-3541
Isn't that true to Mega Man's nature?

He never sheds a tear when he demolishes robot masters. Because he doesn't need emotions.

In the April direct, when they show his Final Smash, Mega Man is gritting his teeth, and other newer shots have shown him emoting. In this build he just has his neutral expression, like in the e3 build.

Yonder

Smashboard's 1st Sole Survivor
NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
In all technicality, robots shouldn't have emotions...

But then, you get to the case of ROB in SSE.

Cursed logic!

Metallaeus

Smash Apprentice
In the April direct, when they show his Final Smash, Mega Man is gritting his teeth, and other newer shots have shown him emoting. In this build he just has his neutral expression, like in the e3 build.
Then it's probably just a case of this being an older build. If anything, it's probably slightly more updated than the e3 build.

relaxedexcorcist

Smash Ace
NNID
relaxed
3DS FC
4167-4486-3541
Then it's probably just a case of this being an older build. If anything, it's probably slightly more updated than the e3 build.
Probably. If they were gonna bother updating the demo though I wonder why they wouldn't just provide whatever the current build is.

Plain Yogurt

Smash Ace
Where'd they say that again?
Sorry for the late response. Was at work.
http://www.nintendo.com/whatsnew/detail/IQxkisotdxmRizGl8NwnfvsH53CZq7tH

"The tournament will be conducted using the E3 version of the game. This version represents a game still in development and may not represent the final quality and balance of the game, which launches on Oct. 3."

This being said, the speedier victory screen may mean that they touched up a little on some of the glitchier things. Anyone seen the fairy bottle work yet?

Bladeviper

Smash Ace
NNID
Bladeviper
i think most people figured it was a build before the direct since some items that were shown in the direct didnt work in the e3 build like the fairy bottle, which would mean it was a build from the latest march and it is the same as the one at comic con but the load times being faster could just be from how they are loading the iso file or just that the file during e3 could have had fragmentation or partial corruption

D-idara

Banned via Administration
NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
Agreed. I mean we shouldn't have expected anything different because of the ruleset and Zero not primarily being a melee player but defensive play should not pay out that much when H box was getting in as much as he could. Anything to win but honestly the ruleset was kinda silly. Wish the first 1v1 match played out differently. We wouldn't have had boos in the crowd if the game rewarded offense more like melee does.
We wouldn't have boos in the crowd if the Melee fanbase didn't childishly 'boo' anything Brawl.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Warning Received
We wouldn't have boos in the crowd if the Melee fanbase didn't childishly 'boo' anything Brawl.
The Melee obsession is everything that is wrong with the Smash fanbase period. It hurts us more than it does good for us.

And I'd wager it hurts the Melee die hards way way way more than it helps them too. They can never be happy about anything. Because it's not Melee.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Guys, let's get off the Melee-bashing/Brawl-bashing train before it leaves the station. This won't end well for anyone.

Last edited:

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
I want my warning removed. What I said was not trolling nor bashing. It was my opinion. I don't do well with my opinion being warned and censored.

And that's DEFINITELY what happened.

Luigi#1

Smash Champion
I want my warning removed. What I said was not trolling nor bashing. It was my opinion. I don't do well with my opinion being warned and censored.

I sorta agree with this. He was aiming more torwards to obsession itself and not as much the people. And he didn't bash the diehards enough to earn a warning. In my opinion.

Also, I decided there is only one thing to do...

Desperately go to other sites with non smash but still Nintendo fans and offer Nintendo Club Codes for the demo code.

Last edited:

Metallaeus

Smash Apprentice
You guys are getting way off-topic. Just stop, guys. This isn't the time or place for that kind of thing - Oak.

Senario

Smash Ace
Random thought, so Smash bros 3ds appeared on the eshop under wario games or something. This could mean one of two things, wario confirmed. Or we are getting a Demo soon of the 3DS version. For the special surprise ofc.

Last edited:

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
I have never been a problematic user and I feel that was such a trigger happy warning.

If my opinion is going to be censored and me be warned for it? I'd much rather take my words and opinions somewhere where moderators aren't going to be gun happy about them.

You guys are getting way off-topic. Just stop, guys. This isn't the time or place for that kind of thing - Oak.
I'm not getting back on topic until this is addressed.

This is moderator abuse plain and simple. I posted an opinion and got warned for it. It's not fair.

Last edited by a moderator:

Luigi#1

Smash Champion
Random thought, so Smash bros 3ds appeared on the eshop under wario games or something. This could mean one of two things, wario confirmed. Or we are getting a Demo soon of the 3DS version. For the special surprise ofc.
They won't do that because then nobody would see a point in the #Bringmesmash thing. Unless this demo has less content.

Senario

Smash Ace
They won't do that because then nobody would see a point in the #Bringmesmash thing. Unless this demo has less content.
Well I did say one of two things. It could also be somebody messed up in the eshop and put smash bros under wario for some random reason lol.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
So Wario at Comic-Con? Sounds about right. Maybe Meta Knight or Ness will be shown as well

Metallaeus

Smash Apprentice
This thread is supposed to be about the San Diego Comic Con.
So Wario at Comic-Con? Sounds about right. Maybe Meta Knight or Ness will be shown as well
Ideally Wario and a newcomer trailer, but sounds about right, well, if we're being hopeful here.

Last edited:

Bladeviper

Smash Ace
NNID
Bladeviper
This thread is supposed to be about the San Diego Comic Con.

Ideally Wario and a newcomer trailer, but sounds about right, well, if we're being hopeful here.
i doubt we are getting a newcomer, i believe we are getting a direct in august if they are still doing one every 2 months and we will get a trailer there, but a vet being at comic con would not surprise me at all, and with the wario thing today they might have pulled a sony here lol

Metallaeus

Smash Apprentice
i doubt we are getting a newcomer, i believe we are getting a direct in august if they are still doing one every 2 months and we will get a trailer there, but a vet being at comic con would not surprise me at all, and with the wario thing today they might have pulled a sony here lol
Well, Sakurai said had a few trailers left to reveal, and I can only assume that he meant possibly 3, because 2 trailers would kind of... not feel right, idk. It wouldn't feel like enough to satisfy us by the time it gets released. So since we already had 1 trailer, and we can assume there's going to be another mid-August, I'm going to stay hopeful and wish for a newcomer trailer tomorrow. Either way, veteran reveals will be enough to satisfy me until then.

Bladeviper

Smash Ace
NNID
Bladeviper
Well, Sakurai said had a few trailers left to reveal, and I can only assume that he meant possibly 3, because 2 trailers would kind of... not feel right, idk. It wouldn't feel like enough to satisfy us by the time it gets released. So since we already had 1 trailer, and we can assume there's going to be another mid-August, I'm going to stay hopeful and wish for a newcomer trailer tomorrow. Either way, veteran reveals will be enough to satisfy me until then.
well if the next direct is another smash focused one, which i believe it might be since the only other game coming out soon for nintendo is hyrule warriors, they could just front load all the trailers there, or they could string them along all august into early september up to the japan launch.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
I hope the newcomer revealed at SDCC is Phoenix Wright because I need a lawyer right now.

What happened was that you took it upon yourself to be blatantly offensive to another fan base, unprovoked as well.

Just because you don't like Melee doesn't mean it's ok to act like an incredibly rude and bitter person.

As for the comicon thing, I thought it was this saturday. Not complaining, though lol

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
What happened was that you took it upon yourself to be blatantly offensive to another fan base, unprovoked as well.

Just because you don't like Melee doesn't mean it's ok to act like an incredibly rude and bitter person.

As for the comicon thing, I thought it was this saturday. Not complaining, though lol
I own Melee though? Why would I own something I hate/don't like?

I never attacked anyone. I never said anything offensive. I said the obsession with Melee leads to the lack of happiness. It's an opinion.

I was warned for an opinion.

That is why I'm ''bitter and rude" at the moment.

Last edited:

Bladeviper

Smash Ace
NNID
Bladeviper
comicon is already going on, but the tournament is tomorrow, which is probably when they're going to announce something
im gonna have to leave the forums tomorrow since i have to work during the tournament so i hope its a good one lol

Skyfox2000

War it never changes...
NNID
Skyfox2000
Warning Received
I just hope Solid Snake is reveled tomorrow!

37 People viewing this thread you guys are hyped up!

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

I never attacked anyone. I never said anything offensive. I said the obsession with Melee leads to the lack of happiness. It's an opinion.

I can understand, but right now you're only really putting yourself at risk for more warnings by continuing to talk about it in this thread, instead of actually going to the mods themselves and talking it out.

Anyway as usual don't get too excited, I think we can all remember the 'surprises' the Treehouse talked about during E3.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465

I didn't issue the infraction, so you'll have to take it up with the moderator who did issue the infraction. If you want to continue the discussion send me a PM.

Let's move on, deal, everyone?

Last edited:

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
I didn't issue the infraction, so you'll have to take it up with the moderator who did issue the infraction. If you want to continue the discussion send me a PM.

Let's move on, deal, everyone?
Deal. Sorry. I'm talking to Hong at the moment, but I will shut you a PM as well.

On subject:

If we get a newcomer trailer during comic con?

Wario has 88.5 percent chance of being in their trailer. Calling it.

Well dude, it happens, but you are fully aware that there is a feud on these forums about targeting players. You can call it an opinion, or you can see it for what it really was; a blatant attempt to provoke an attack on someone else; you're bull****ting, for lack of a better word.

I know it's just your opinion, but when you said "Melee Diehards" , you technically targeted a fan base.

It sucks getting infracted, and I do agree that there are abusive mods with superiority complexes, but sometimes when you word things the way you do, and point the finger at others, you are asking for it.

I could say things about a smash fan base, but two things. 1, I really don't care about people mouthing off as the success of the games speak for themselves. 2, it's all smash, we shouldn't be targeting each other like that. It's ridiculous to see gamers criticizing other gamers. We used to be criticized by people who didn't play video games, and now we are doing it to ourselves. Do you know how stupid it sounds to target another subcategory of gamers when we all play games? C'mon dude, you know better than that.

I think the best thing to so right now is just let this go and move on with our lives. I get infractions all the time, but quiet frankly I don't give a flying **** if I get banned in the end. It's just an Internet forum, and being vocally restricted sucks.

Pega-pony Princess

Smash Lord
NNID
auraoftwilight
3DS FC
2938-6383-8579
Deal. Sorry. I'm talking to Hong at the moment, but I will shut you a PM as well.

On subject:

I really want Shulk to appear to be honest.

Skyfox2000

War it never changes...
NNID
Skyfox2000

On subject:

Yes! Let's get back on the subject

Gabukin

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Gabukin
It sucks that they are using the e3 version of the game during the tournament. I was hoping they would use a new build of the game so we could see some of the newer characters like robin!

Last edited:

Bladeviper

Smash Ace
NNID
Bladeviper
It sucks that they are using the e3 version of the game during the tournament. I was hoping they would use a new build of the game so we could see some of the newer characters like robin!
it would have been cool but the time it would have taking to make a new build would have just taken away time they are using to finish up the game so its fine

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom