• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros: Metagame - VIDEO AVAILABLE FOR DOWNLOAD!!

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
*sigh* then maybe peopel should have submitted the appropriate clips for me to view and shouldn't complain when clips that weren't submitted are not in the video

have fun making your own videos @ everyone thats complaining

and by that i mean have fun opening windows movie maker then giving up because of how daunting this is

this video is a gift to the community - i'm baffled by some of the response its getting - but its only getting that in THIS topic

Europhoria

Smash Lord
Somehow the Ganon section includes no Kage or PKMVodka >_>

Overall thoughts, format was different... not good or bad, just different. The music selection was appropriate.
I accept that people had to send in footage, but I mean... you could have searched the big names/youtube accounts of good players. A peach combo video with only 1 contribution from Cort? His account has enough footage for an entire combo vid >_>

Seeing clips that are like... 2-3+ years old in a combo video that's supposed showcase the current top metagame of each character is depressing. Especially when a lot of them are... well DBR. I don't define those combos as **** at all because they won't work at the top level... hell they shouldn't work at the mid level. Doctor Mario doing like... anything more then 1 u-air to a f-air won't work, hell you probably won't even be able to get the u-air to f-air.

It was good for what you had to work with I guess? I mean if that's what people sent in then I guess you did the best with what you could with that chunk of footage. The video doesn't really showcase the top level abilities of a lot of characters though.

Rampe

Smash Rookie
Two players from Finland is in that video! :D
Ltax who uses Fox and peki who uses Marth.

I think that the Fire Emblem part was the best, maybe because Marth and Roy rocks so hard!:laugh:

Life After Death

Smash Champion
it was ok overall. expected alot more. 90% of the marth section should be m2k and ken. only the best of the best should be included. for fox pc sw colbol eggz raynex ect... mostly pc kdj though

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
^^
lol @ that

have fun finding those clips and making your own video n_n

i guess people apparently don't really comprehend what was done here

brdy_

Smash Lord
I have a question... My erection has lasted over 4 hours after leaving this video on repeat, should I call a doctor?

teh_spamerer

Smash Master
*sigh* then maybe peopel should have submitted the appropriate clips for me to view and shouldn't complain when clips that weren't submitted are not in the video

have fun making your own videos @ everyone thats complaining

and by that i mean have fun opening windows movie maker then giving up because of how daunting this is

this video is a gift to the community - i'm baffled by some of the response its getting - but its only getting that in THIS topic
It was an EXCEPTIONAL video that was 100% entertaining throughout and I'm honored to be in it. That being said could have been a little better though not significantly. Sometimes the best combos just don't get recorded :(.

The only thing I'm really sad about is that the Reik combo I sent you isn't in it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YTnXA5SRyXM

CanISmash

Smash Lord
Elmont LI, Queens. Philadelphia during semesters.
ehhh at only taj being in mewtwo and you in bowser... =x tho there were good combos there

lil too much dk for me. the pokemon section was amazing imo and the best which was weird.
some of the peach combos were ehhhh

mario / doc were amazing. as was samus. falco / ganon was also impressed.

fox needed cactuar. if it's metagame i mean him vs darkrain is about as metagame as it gets.

thats just off the top of my head. i hope im not an ungrateful etc for not slobbering over the video but just giving honest opinion.

it seems you either **** ride or people will get butt hurt.

Vegard

Smash Lord
apparently east coast or whoever that was complaining up there about putting not enough m2k in there wanted to see people camping eachother for 4 minutes because that's the metagame in almost every game - i should've just uploaded m2k vs mango on dreamland from super champ apparently.

seriously - its a COMBO VIDEO
LOL
if there was one thing i didn't want the video to be it was generic high level combos and it wasn't just a display of the best of each character - the combos are meant to be diverse and impressive
Gimpyfish, at least try to make an argument considering the mentioned players (mostsly m2k). Hell, how did you become a moderator? Your comments about M2K are obviously not representative for him as a player. The name of the video is "Smash Bros: Meta game". Ken basically invented the meta game, and M2K "reinvented" it. Isn't it pretty obvious - they both deserve their huge parts of glory in this video. Even 3-4 year old footage of Ken is still amazing, and no they aren't generic and boring combos either.
Saying M2K is generic is the dumbest thing to say, every possible Marth player out there tries to adapt his style. Most of the awesomeness you see in today's Marth players, are tricks taken from Mew2king's style.

Why is Eggz more technical than Shiz?

And why oh why isn't triple knee NEARLY good enough? foolish

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
darkrain combos 1 and 2 are pretty amazing. should have made it.

Anth0ny

Smash Master
I thought people would complain about the amount of west coast combos and brawl music...

To be honest, I thought it was an awesome video. Although there were a couple of combos I was surprised not to see (Ken vs. Azen 0 to death in the middle of FD!), but still, awesome ****ing job on this Gimpy.

ttocs

Smash Rookie
I thought it was awesome, however, I think it was overhyped although I don't think that was any fault of yours Gimpy. You just put out the info, gave it some hype and people put it on a pedestal by themselves.

It was good, I wasn't expecting anything mindblowing so I can't say I was let down. Some of the stuff did seem a little lackluster, but like you said, you did what you could.

Good job. I enjoyed it a lot :)

Europhoria

Smash Lord
I was actually fairly suprised to see the footage of XIF there. I thought it would have been footage from XIF vs. Jiano... not XIF vs. Local player #427

Samochan

Smash Master
One of the better videos I've watched as of late. ^^ Really enertaining and music choices were fine, cept maybe for the third eccentric music for the samus, dk and such segment. On many parts I also saw combos which were quite the same, dk uair comboing some fox into donkey punch for example. But for the neccesity of filling up and flowing with the music, it's fine. =) I was saddened though that the magus chaingrab of doom against that poor falco wasn't featured, as it's really tough to do and impressive feat imo and ends with falco dead lol. I didn't really fancy the peach section however, but maybe I just like those uairs a bit too much as they combo way too well. :p Oh and jash up b spike ftw. ^^

When it comes to the vid itself, it was quite scarce in effects and some combos got a bit cut off right as the finishing blow was dealt, which is too abrupt and distrupts the flow. The general feel of the video was pleasant however and it was nice to the eyes and action filled. On some places the synching could've been better though, that can be attained via creative use of effects and leaving a bit leeway for each video. But probably the abundance of those amazing videos made it crammed, so it's understandable if you didn't venture out and do much effects that take space and accumulate into many minutes on the timeline. I gongratulate you on a job well done, it took a lot of effort and I'm glad to see even peki made it there with his edgeguard against my other smasher friend nearby, however I was suprised to see ltax featured, even if I dunno which part it was lol. But nevertheless, yay for finnish rep. ^_^ I'm also glad I helped out a bit with the kirby vids, seeing em put into such fine use (next to c.falcon yay) was gratifying. :3 Good job gimpy. ^^

AntiLulz

Smash Rookie
why did someone say there were too many edgeguarding clips. IMO, the best clips are ones that involve edgeguarding. Edgeguarding displays the best metagame rather than setting up a combo you can perform in your sleep. when you're edgeguarding, you dont know how the other person is going to react and so that is when you see amazing pros' genius when they play.

AntiLulz

Smash Rookie
I was saddened though that the magus chaingrab of doom against that poor falco wasn't featured, as it's really tough to do and impressive feat imo and ends with falco dead lol.

Haha I was thinking the same thing. I was hoping that was going to get put in but at the same time I was thinking it might not because it's one giant chain grab and Gimpy said early on that he didn't want clips of someone just chaingrabbing a fox or falco.

btw, i dont think i've said this yet, but, THANK YOU GIMPYFISH!!

unknown522

Some guy
good stuff. Lol I was at RaynEx's while watching it this morning. Lol at RaynEX and 4serial is in the vid.

And Desh and PeterX being combo'd

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
All around entertaining.

lol at Giga Gonorrea having his little combo thing on Desh in there. haha.

also, lol at the shoutout to God.

Mike G

███████████████ 100%
BRoomer
AHAHA I REPRESENT THE PEAK OF THE PEACH METAGAME!!!

worship me!!!

*cough* yeah, what he said.

sweet azz vid gimpy! I loved the Link combos! GERM IS A BEAST!!!!!! I hope he still plays

surprised to see one of my combos up there lol I'm old trash now >.>

Top Bottom