• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros. Infinite Project (Finally Finished!???)

Which title should we use?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Infinity Sorcerer

Smash Champion
Jokes aside, I would say that the most popular choices are apparently Ryu Hayabusa and 2B, even having a previous discussion not too much ago, and I'm fine with both of them. It's hard to me to think into a character different to them.
Dang, after looking other submissions I just realized that I could have submitted the Nahobino or the Demifiend, yikes.

Anyway, in terms of opinions I think there are no bad submissions but there are submissions far better than other, I dont personally see their "importance to gaming" this time and just by sheer moveset potential I think my favorite options are 2B, Hayabusa, Ezio, Geralt and Sub-Zero.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Just a reminder to not forget to vote!!

Well, this is it! Our last Newcomer voting! Thank you to everyone who has taken part on this project! Future stuff may be coming after we finish this stuff up but it's time for the tthread to take a much needed break.

PLEASE VOTE HERE

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
We have enough votes as a threshhold but nothing like the numbers in the past. Last year, we clocked in at 30 votes. Currently sitting at 21 and we do have an apparent winner based on numbers but I want to make sure we can get our votes. I know we lost a number of users but I generally disregard users who just pop in to vote but have VERY sporadic voting records PLUS never contribute...like I never even recognize the name.

Or even "I am not on Smashboards" type voters. Those get disregarded.

Last edited:

Infinity Sorcerer

Smash Champion
Just something that it passed out of my mind but it would be cool if we end the thread in christmas since it did started in christmas too. It would be a great way to finish it thought I understand that there are always inconvenientes.

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Just something that it passed out of my mind but it would be cool if we end the thread in christmas since it did started in christmas too. It would be a great way to finish it thought I understand that there are always inconvenientes.
It could potentially happen...maybe shy a week or so. Who knows.

We have to get through our content for this character bundle and I also forgot to do submissions for:

Xenoblade Chronicles 3 Spirits
Alt colors for Black Shadow and Roll
Plus tidying stuff up.

Infinity Sorcerer

Smash Champion
It could potentially happen...maybe shy a week or so. Who knows.

We have to get through our content for this character bundle and I also forgot to do submissions for:

Xenoblade Chronicles 3 Spirits
Alt colors for Black Shadow and Roll
Plus tidying stuff up.
I think that we can do at least the alt color thing before the character reveal, and then for the Spirits maybe it could be alongside the Spirits of the other Fighter or something like that.

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Well everyone, here we are, at the last DLC character for Super Smash Bros. Infinite! I just wanna say that it has been both a joy and a struggle to get us this far into the process. I would have never thought we would have reached this goal two years ago. I could go at length how this project has shaped me but, to save us from an emotional tale, let's just jump into the results. Presenting our final DLC fighter and thr last fighter for Infinite! We recieved 22 total votes which is most if not all of the participants of thread plus people who consitently vote but maybe posted a few times that just like watching the results.

Name3 Votes2 Votes1 VoteTotal
2B8 (24)4 (8)234
Ryu Hayabusa1 (3)7 (14)421
Adventurer3 (9)4 (8)017
Ranni1 (3)1 (2)27
Ezio3 (8)019
Jonesy3 (9)1 (2)213
Sub-Zero2 (6)2 (4)717
Geralt1 (3)3 (6)211
Stardew Farmer0011
Baxcalibur01 (2)02

Well my fellow developers, you submitted and voted and the results show that.....

2B joins Season 3

2B joins Season 3 as the final character! She gained 8 total 3 point votes which netted here 24 total votes instaneously. Coming in second was Hayabusa which wasn't surprising but the really huge surprise was Atari Adventurer and Subzero tieing in for 3rd place at 17 points. That was a shocker! Remember, we voted to organize the lineup which still can be done here since I left it open when we find out our final fighter. We will allow for commentation about this reveal for a little bit before diving into what will be our very last bundle of content for Smash Infinite DLC! Thank you once again everyone for joining me on this journey of creating a Smash Bros. game and, while we still have a ways to go, this sort of feels like the end of the road. I do want to ask people to continue participating to the very end so we can END STRONG.

Once some time has passed, we will start with our new content submissions.

Last edited:

GolisoPower

Smash Master
Hope you like the early Christmas gift, Venus! I know she's been on your wanted list for a long time!

By the way, do we have the results for the DLC order yet?

Last edited:

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
With enough time having passed, yes, 2B is our final fighter! I will announce the lineup for Season 3 but 2B from NeiR:Automata will be our final fighter.

As many of you know, I have campaigning for 2B hard since Infinite started and I an avid fan; just short of dedicating my PFP on 2B. It will always be Tali no matter what. However, I don't want the NeiR: Automata submission process for content to de devoted entirely to myself and I do not want to dominate the discussion despite having a pretty solid idea on how 2B and her series could implement in Smash. I even dedicated two News articles to the subject matter. What I want to hear is from you guys.

I will be opening up our next 2B related job in a little bit but I want to ask you:

What kind of gimmicks and/or character mechanics do you envision 2B having in her toolkit?

GolisoPower

Smash Master
With enough time having passed, yes, 2B is our final fighter! I will announce the lineup for Season 3 but 2B from NeiR:Automata will be our final fighter.

As many of you know, I have campaigning for 2B hard since Infinite started and I an avid fan; just short of dedicating my PFP on 2B. It will always be Tali no matter what. However, I don't want the NeiR: Automata submission process for content to de devoted entirely to myself and I do not want to dominate the discussion despite having a pretty solid idea on how 2B and her series could implement in Smash. I even dedicated two News articles to the subject matter. What I want to hear is from you guys.

I will be opening up our next 2B related job in a little bit but I want to ask you:

What kind of gimmicks and/or character mechanics do you envision 2B having in her toolkit?
Honestly, I can think of only one perfect mechanic for 2B:

Perfect Dodge
1669411551935.png

2B possesses an identical dodge mechanic to Mythra & Bayonetta: if she's struck in the first fourth of the frames in a dodge action, she will split off into four different silhouettes in straight directions from her position depending on whether she's on the ground or in the air. During the next half-second, 2B can do a follow-up based on input direction:
  • Ground
    • No input: 2B will follow through on the dodge that was performed.
    • Forward: 2B will warp forwards.
    • Backward: 2B will warp backwards.
    • Up: 2B will leap upwards.
    • Down: 2B will stop all momentum and gain extended invulnerability frames.
    • Attack input: After inputting any of the three directions, 2B can follow up with any attack based on the attack input used. This can include tilts, Smash attacks, shorthop aerials and Specials.
  • Air
    • Up: 2B will ascend further.
    • Down: 2B will begin fastfalling from a lower position.
    • Attack input: After inputting any of the three directions, 2B can follow up with any attack based on the attack input used. This can include tilts, Smash attacks, shorthop aerials, and Specials.

I would've suggested Self-Destruct as well, but I'm kinda debating whether or not to hold that off because there's another character with an identical moveset that could be used as an alt and that wouldn't work if Self-Destruct is included.

Last edited:

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Honestly, I can think of only one perfect mechanic for 2B:

Perfect Dodge
View attachment 364219
2B possesses an identical dodge mechanic to Mythra & Bayonetta: if she's struck in the first fourth of the frames in a dodge action, she will split off into four different silhouettes in straight directions from her position depending on whether she's on the ground or in the air. During the next half-second, 2B can do a follow-up based on input direction:
  • Ground
    • Up: 2B will leap upwards.
    • Down: 2B will stop all momentum and gain extended invulnerability frames.
    • Attack input: After inputting any of the three directions, 2B can follow up with any attack based on the attack input used. This can include tilts, Smash attacks, shorthop aerials and Specials.
  • Air
    • Up: 2B will ascend further.
    • Down: 2B will begin fastfalling from a lower position.
    • Attack input: After inputting any of the three directions, 2B can follow up with any attack based on the attack input used. This can include tilts, Smash attacks, shorthop aerials, and Specials.

I would've suggested Self-Destruct as well, but I'm kinda debating whether or not to hold that off because there's another character with an identical moveset that could be used as an alt and that wouldn't work if Self-Destruct is included.
Looks good but we would be including character alts for 2B considering 9S and A2 are fundamentally different from 2B.

Alright every, we will start....

2B Moveset Submission Process

In previous character submissions, we decided on several stats and gimmicks but 2B is, fortunately, more easier to deal with. This is thanks in part to have more familiarity with the character that I can make some administrative decisions about the character design rather than coming to the thread to fill me in.

Due to 2B being actually quite heavy (148.8kg of weight), she would obviously be a heavyweight but still possess quick actions. In comparison, she would have the weight of Kazuya which puts her in the top 15 bracket but the speed of Cloud and B&K. She also possesses quick attack speed but, as a result, her attacks damage isn't exactly the best.

In terms of Gameplay, 2B is capable of weilding multiple weapons including:

• Small Swords
  • Long Swords
  • Spears
  • Combat Braces

In battle, she will automatically use her signature weapons but he rmain attak weapon will be her short sword which is Virtuous Contract. This weapon will be used for most of her standard attacks though you are welcome to incorporate her other weapons as Smash, Aerials, or Throws.

Her other weapons include:

Long Sword: Virtuous Treat
Spear: Virtuous Dignity
Combat Bracers: Emil Heads

Now, we need to let people know how the Specials work. Having 2B wouldn't be without giving 2B's Pod 042 some screentime. YoRHA units utilizes floating Pods for a number of things such as supression fire, utilizing programs, escape routes, etc. Pod 042 will only do damage based on inputs by the player. I personally feel the Pod attacks are best suited for the Special Inputs.

That being said, I believe that the Pod should have the option to be able to fire onto opponents so this should be included in some fashion with the Specials. If no one submits anything, I have an idea for it that I felt will work.

Tl;dr:

Small sword is used for most normals and tilts. Other weapon attacks can be used for Smashes and Aerials.
Pod Programs saved for Specials with one special being saved to allow the Pod Program to have firepower.

GolisoPower

Smash Master
Jab:
Small Sword Light Hold:
2B advances forwards using the Virtuous Contract sword with up to four hits over three button presses: a single downwards sword swipe, a high-angled horizontal swipe, followed by a double spinning sword slash along the ground. Deals a total of 11% and deals medium-low low-angled knockback.

Neutral Special:
Pod Fire:

2B temporarily enters a stance where Pod 042 will float alongside her, firing a stream of projectiles with every B button pressed. By all accounts, this is effectively Breegull Blaster on crack, as 2B can run and jump while this is firing. Each shot fires every 4 frames and deals 2% per shot. Pod will be available for supporting fire for 10 seconds or until Pod is hit.

Down Special:
Pod Programs: R050: Spear:
1669419378937.png

After 2/3 a second of start-up, 2B initiates the Spear Pod Program, lining the platform she is on with gateways from one ledge to the other. The gateways near-instantly summon spears of light at random angles, dealing 9% damage per spear. For smaller fighters like Pichu and Barista, the spears have a similar pinning effect to Corrin's Side Special. While larger fighters like Eggman and K. Rool don't get pinned but can be hit by several at a time.

Last edited:

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
So this might seem a bit.....crazy but here are my thoughts on her Specials. Considering I am just sitting my hat butt down on the Specials and saying "here is what I have" which would literally prevent everyone from adding more....kind of....

Neutral Special: Pod Volley (Exactly what Goliso said. They legit read my mind 100%.)

Side Special: Missle (An attack that functions similar to Meta Knight's Side Special but less "continued damage" multiplier. More like Charizard's Flare Blitz but less damage, no recoil, and doesn't stop the attack. Just allows her to pass through.)

Up Special: Pod Ride (While not a Pod Program, 2B hitches a ride with Pod 042 in a way that is like Cypher but allows Pod 042 to fire by pressing Neutral Special. Pressing down stops the recovery move.)

Down Special: Pod Program (Always 2B to switch between numerous Pod Programs like Gravity, Laser, Slow, Repair, Shield, Wire, Wave, etc. If we go this route for Specials, people are more than welcome to submit Programs and to expalin how they work in the game. This way, people can add stuff but we can also give access to more Programs rather than just like 3 of them.

GolisoPower

Smash Master
Pod Programs (Down Special): (Going off of Venus's Down Special idea, repurposing Spear into this Special)
1669438933061.png
A090: Wire
2B commands Pod 042 to shoot a chain pit 2.5 BFPs away from herself. On hit, 2B will reel herself in with frame advantage for a follow-up. This can also be used as a tether recovery.
1669439081317.png
A120: Repair
2B commands Pod 042 to shine a light on her that heals her for 12% damage. Much like Hero's Heal, this has limited charges that are only replenished by KOs.
1669439334937.png
A110: Slow
2B commands Pod 042 to fire a projectile of light at a downwards 25-degree angle. On hit, it generates a large bubble where every fighter that is inside, except 2B herself, is under a Witch Time-style effect. This lasts for 5 seconds before it vanishes.

BTW, Venus of the Desert Bloom Venus of the Desert Bloom
What order is everyone before 2B releasing in, based on general consensus?

Last edited:

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Pod Programs (Down Special): (Going off of Venus's Down Special idea, repurposing Spear into this Special)
View attachment 364233A090: Wire2B commands Pod 042 to shoot a chain pit 2.5 BFPs away from herself. On hit, 2B will reel herself in with frame advantage for a follow-up. This can also be used as a tether recovery.
View attachment 364235A120: Repair2B commands Pod 042 to shine a light on her that heals her for 12% damage. Much like Hero's Heal, this has limited charges that are only replenished by KOs.
View attachment 364240A110: Slow2B commands Pod 042 to fire a projectile of light at a downwards 25-degree angle. On hit, it generates a large bubble where every fighter that is inside, except 2B herself, is under a Witch Time-style effect. This lasts for 5 seconds before it vanishes.

BTW, Venus of the Desert Bloom Venus of the Desert Bloom
What order is everyone before 2B releasing in, based on general consensus?
You ask and you shall recieve! I wanted to wait till we got more votes.

Here is our lineup!

Fighter #10
Fighter #11
Fighter #12
Fighter #13
Fighter #14
Fighter #15

Earned more votes for placement 2 with placement 1 getting second. Awarded Red the placement 1 slot to allow Ahri to take up the placement 2.

Earned more votes for placement 4 but still underperfromed compared to Noah & Mio. Placement 2 was second. Awarded placement 5 to Noah & Mio and gace Ahri placement 2. Keep Ahri, Mio, and 2B seperated was also a factor.

Nightmare placed evenly for placement 3 and 5. Decided to give Doomguy placement 5 to avoid three western reps in a role.

Noah & Mio placed the highest for any placement at placement 4. This was the first placement due to recieveing nearly 5 votes (most got 2 or 3 votes) for one placement.​

Doomslayer placed evenyl for placement 1 and placement 5. Reasoning explained for Nightmare.

Already locked in.​

Last edited:

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
I find it kinda funny and ironic that Doom Slayer is Fighter #117.
Lol. Honestly, I would love for a team of us to go through the entire lore of Smash Infinite and find examples of this. Like for the Trivia section of the Wikia. I am sure there is a GOLDMINE of content related to this that we have yet to tap at. Like, for Sora, this bit of information blew me away...

• The Kingdom Hearts series holds a strong connection to the numbers seven and thirteen. A full list can be found here, but as an example, a pivotal plot point established in Dream Drop Distance and Kingdom Hearts III is Xehanort's goal of uniting seven "lights" and thirteen "darknesses" to forge the legendary χ-blade, with the Real Organization XIII as the thirteen darknesses and the Seven Guardians of Light as the seven lights. These numeric connections are heavily connected to and referenced in Sora's inclusion in Ultimate:
    • Sora was released in update 13.0.0, which was released thirteen days after his reveal, and included thirteen new spirits (five fighter spirits based on his various appearances, and eight from the rest of the Kingdom Hearts series).
    • When counting Pyra and Mythra as separate fighters, Sora is the seventh fighter of Fighters Pass Vol. 2 and Ultimate's thirteenth DLC fighter overall.
    • Sora's stage, Hollow Bastion, features seven different stained glass character portraits known as Stations.
I know that was probably intentional but I feel if we looked hard enough at the stuff we included, we could find some interesting information.

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Thanks you everyone for your submissions! I will start to compile them moveset for 2B. To let the thread know, I will look at the submissions and then put them into a workable moveset.

We will progress to adding 2B content with....

Additional 2B Content

This includes the typical additions such as:

Entrance Animations (1)
Taunts (3)
Idle Poses (2)
Victory Animations (3)
Victory Themes (1)
Boxing Ringle Titles (1)
Kirby Hat (1)
Codecs (2)
Classic Mode Route (1)

Please note that Pod 042 should also have actions within 2B's taunts to some degree.

GolisoPower

Smash Master
Entrance: A YoRHa Flight Unit descends onto the stage and 2B leaps out of the cockpit, Pod 042 floating down to join her in battle.

Taunt: Pod 042 floats down in front of 2B. 2B then bends down and begins petting Pod 042 for a moment before they return to their idle stance. If an enemy fighter facing her crouches while standing directly behind her during this taunt, she will automatically dash away from the foe while turning around to face them.

D

Deleted member

Up Taunt: 2B holds out her arms and tilts her head upwards
Side Taunt: Pod 042 comes over to 2B and she lightly pats it
Down Taunt: 2B summons a holographic chair and sits down on it

Victory Animations:
1.2B spins her two blades around before slashing them down in front of the camera.
2. Pod 042 spins around 2B before stopping next to her. 2B playfully pats it on the head.
3. 2b drops down from the top of the screen and lands in a dramatic pose before standing up to look off in the distance.

Last edited by a moderator:

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Sorry about that everyone. We will move into......

2B Alternate Color submission.

2B will have no alternate costumes; just alternate colors but, as sort of a trade off, her outfits ties in with one of her Final Smashes.

This is something we haven't included yet and it wasn't submitted earlier so I included them. She has access to two Final Smashes...

The first is "Special Attack" which is a multihitting cinemaytic Final Smash that utilizes both 2B and Pod 042. You can find the video of the attack here:

However, 2B has access to a second Final Smash that can be performed by holding down the Final Smash button instead of quickly pressing it. This causes a countdown timer to appear which, counts 2 second timer just like you see in this video....

The attack is far more devastating than the normal Final Smash. Letting go while charging the Final Smash causes it to stop and won't lose the Final Smash effect. Once it reaches zero, 2B launches a devstating explosive shockwave around herself which will OHKO anyone as low as 50% (crazy, I know) but it also adds 15% damage to 2B as well as a speed and damage output nerf for 20 seconds after the attack making it a high risk move. It' is also risky as it alters 2B's original outfit....

I know what you are thinking. "But Venus, this can ever get pass the age ratings." That is why we would make special Smash-alterations to allow 2B to have a bit more cover. Somebetween what Zero Samus wears for her alts and what 2B has here.

So wee need the following:

• Up to 12 olor swaps for 2B (submit one or two)
    • A corresponding color swap for her Self-Destruct outfit that matches with the overall color swap.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom