• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros. Infinite Project (Finally Finished!???)

Which title should we use?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Later this week, our dlc plans and roadmap will be presented. There are still talks about how to proceed forward but there is a plan.

That being said, this also correlates with my own real life issues and predicament as I won’t be as availiable as I was before to present daily prompts for jobs. We will shift to a more focused yet less busy schedule. I would imagine maybe 3 jobs per week or so; especially when working on fighter packs.

Last edited:

Jomosensual

Smash Champion
We will be addressing Bowser Jr alts this coming week but, yes, we are going on hiatus for the time being with sporadic jobs but nothing like we saw previously. Perhaps a few related jobs per week. We will be taking an extended break until next month so we can prepare catch up on archiving content and resting. We will begin dlc content in earnest before Christmas.
Can I request some sort of @ list so those of us who probably won't check back every day don't miss out on DLC stuff? I know that's probably the spot I'll fall in to.

So, I guess we'll be adding an Infinite theme song as DLC? Or did we finish that job while I was away?
IIRC there was only 1 submisson for that and the lyrics were just Super Smash Bros Infinite so it got scrapped.

GolisoPower

Smash Master
So obviously, I'm havin' a blast with this.

Who's my main at the moment? Surprisingly it's a split between Iori and Crazy Dave. Iori feels like that perfect blend between Kazuya and Terry, and pulling off his Desperation Moves feels oh-so-satisfying. On the other hand, Crazy Dave is just so...well, CRAAAZY to play as, mainly because there's so many plants to work with.

As for who's good competitively, I have heard HungryBox talking about how Jill is a pretty decent character, mainly because her Survival Inventory gives her some level of versatility. But on the other hand, Leffen seems to favor Officer Howard and surprisingly Reimu. With Officer Howard, he seems to specifically claim that the Beast Legion in question is the one that puts him on top tier, mainly because of how...well, mobile and combo-heavy Beast Howard is. As for Reimu, he seems to be in a dilemma of loathing playing against her, but loving playing as her, mainly because her projectile game, while almost Belmont-levels of aggressive, is also a bit complex, meaning it's not so simple to spam people with Hakurei Amulet or the Yin-Yang Orb.

Out of all the bosses, I think the Deviljho might stick out the most. Boi, if you thought Rathalos was difficult on high percentages, you ain't seen nothin' yet. Even when I've got a lot of Plants on the field to fight him as Crazy Dave, Deviljho's got some really powerful sweeping attacks that just wipes them out. It wasn't until I faced him as Iori that I managed to beat him, and funnily enough, that was what made me main him. I heard conditions to fight Akuma are as strict as in SF2, but I'm working pretty hard to fulfill them just for the chance to face him.

DLC, I'm certainly looking forward to. I predict some pretty popular picks like Geno, Dante or Sol Badguy, some more obscure picks like Pyramid Head, Chosen Undead or King Boo, and maybe even some very oddball picks like Daitoryo, Conker or Ryu from Breath of Fire. Either way, there's still more possibilities to look forward to, and I'm ready.

Overall, the game is a solid 10/10 for me. Sakurai...I never thought you'd surpass Ultimate, but here you are, doing just that. Thanks for an amazing entry in the series!

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
I like to think all the ideas and spirits we rejected still exist in a dummied out form in the code - so dataminers have a huge list of unused characters for people to debate DLC elegiblity of, including Tekken Bob, and people are trying to restore the forbidden Wario's Nose spirit battle.

Last edited:

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
I like to think all the ideas and spirits we rejected still exist in a dummied out form in the code - so dataminers have a huge list of unused characters for people to debate DLC elegiblity of, including Tekken Bob, and people are trying to restore the forbidden Wario's Nose spirit battle.
Trying? My friend's cousin's wife was able to restore it two minutes in!

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Can I request some sort of @ list so those of us who probably won't check back every day don't miss out on DLC stuff? I know that's probably the spot I'll fall in to.

IIRC there was only 1 submisson for that and the lyrics were just Super Smash Bros Infinite so it got scrapped.
Watching the thread helps in getting updates. But I may put together an @ list

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
© 2021 Nintendo
Original Game: © Nintendo / HAL Laboratory, Inc.
Characters: © Nintendo / HAL Laboratory, Inc. / Pokémon. / Creatures Inc. / GAME FREAK inc. / SHIGESATO ITOI / APE inc. / INTELLIGENT SYSTEMS / Konami Digital Entertainment / SEGA / CAPCOM CO., LTD. / BANDAI NAMCO Entertainment Inc. / MONOLITHSOFT / CAPCOM U.S.A., INC. / SQUARE ENIX CO., LTD. / ATLUS / Microsoft / SNK CORPORATION. / Mojang AB / Disney / Camelot Co. LTD / syn Sophia, Inc. / Activision Publishing, Inc. / Team Shanghai Alice / PopCap Games, Inc. / Extremely OK Games / KOEI TECMO GAMES CO., LTD. / Twitter

Last edited:

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
© 2021 Nintendo
Characters: © Nintendo / HAL Laboratory, Inc. / Pokémon. / Creatures Inc. / GAME FREAK inc. / SHIGESATO ITOI / APE inc. / INTELLIGENT SYSTEMS / Konami Digital Entertainment / SEGA / CAPCOM CO., LTD. / BANDAI NAMCO Entertainment Inc. / MONOLITHSOFT / CAPCOM U.S.A., INC. / SQUARE ENIX CO., LTD. / ATLUS / Microsoft / SNK CORPORATION. / Mojang AB / Disney / Activision / Team Shanghai Alice / PopCap Games, Inc. / Extremely OK Games / Koei-Tecmo / Twitter
A fanmade game at its finest.

ivanlerma

Smash Champion
© 2021 Nintendo
Characters: © Nintendo / HAL Laboratory, Inc. / Pokémon. / Creatures Inc. / GAME FREAK inc. / SHIGESATO ITOI / APE inc. / INTELLIGENT SYSTEMS / Konami Digital Entertainment / SEGA / CAPCOM CO., LTD. / BANDAI NAMCO Entertainment Inc. / MONOLITHSOFT / CAPCOM U.S.A., INC. / SQUARE ENIX CO., LTD. / ATLUS / Microsoft / SNK CORPORATION. / Mojang AB / Disney / Activision Publishing, Inc. / Team Shanghai Alice / PopCap Games, Inc. / Extremely OK Games / KOEI TECMO GAMES CO., LTD. / Twitter
Funny how EA is not credited for Plants Vs. Zombies.

GolisoPower

Smash Master
© 2021 Nintendo
Characters: © Nintendo / HAL Laboratory, Inc. / Pokémon. / Creatures Inc. / GAME FREAK inc. / SHIGESATO ITOI / APE inc. / INTELLIGENT SYSTEMS / Konami Digital Entertainment / SEGA / CAPCOM CO., LTD. / BANDAI NAMCO Entertainment Inc. / MONOLITHSOFT / CAPCOM U.S.A., INC. / SQUARE ENIX CO., LTD. / ATLUS / Microsoft / SNK CORPORATION. / Mojang AB / Disney / Activision Publishing, Inc. / Team Shanghai Alice / PopCap Games, Inc. / Extremely OK Games / KOEI TECMO GAMES CO., LTD. / Twitter
Hold on, there are a few things missing here:

• Camelot Co. LTD (Golden Sun and Isaac)
  • syn Sophia (Style Savvy)
  • TNX Music Recordings (Rhythm Heaven. Not too sure about this one, TBH)

I wonder why these aren't credited.

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Hold on, there are a few things missing here:

• Camelot Co. LTD (Golden Sun and Isaac)
  • syn Sophia (Style Savvy)
  • TNX Music Recordings (Rhythm Heaven. Not too sure about this one, TBH)

I wonder why these aren't credited.
Never considered it. If they are worth adding them in, we can

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Anna Moveset
This has been on the backburner for sometime, figured it was time to get it out.

Normals
Jab: Sale Striker A three-hit jab strike similar to Joker's jab. The first will be a diagonal downwards slash with the dagger facing outwards, the second hit will be a reverse backhanded dagger strike upwards and the final hit will be a thrust forward with her dagger. Adrianette Bromide Adrianette Bromide
Side Tilt: Slashing PricesA multi-hit attack where Anna will send a kick forward with her left leg and then slice horizontally from the right with her dagger. The first of her forward tilt will do minor flinching damage while the second strike with her dagger will be a powerful kill option. The attack will be laggy but quick to start up. This with its long disjoint makes it a solid grounded combo finisher. Adrianette Bromide Adrianette Bromide
Up Tilt: Bag O WaresAnna throws her bag of wares over her shoulder sensing opponents hit by hit behind her. The attack has a weak scooping hitbix in front of her. Adrianette Bromide Adrianette Bromide
Down Tilt: Cyclical SalesA circular sweep kick Repurposed from SharkLord SharkLord
Dash: Clumsy Vendor Anna carries a large bag of gold and trips. The bag of gold goes flying and lands on the ground. While both her body and the bag of gold have hitboxes, her tripping body will be a sour spot while the bag acts as a sweet spot and does more damage the more gold she has. Adrianette Bromide Adrianette Bromide

Smash Attacks

Side Special: Hammering SalesAnna uses her Hammer and slams it down in front of Enemy, that the Damage is 15% and it has High KO percentage. The Range is medium, but its sure that Death can be Slamming! Also it has Bury Effect if the Attack ends with Hammer Point. Tankman from Newgrounds Tankman from Newgrounds
Up Smash: Air VolleyAnna fires two arrows upwards. Similar to the forward smash, sans the two-arrows and upwards thing. After firing, the two arrows fall to the ground, one on each side of Anna. SharkLord SharkLord
Down Smash: Shady DealAnna erects a tent which acts as a trap. Anyone who gets closed gets pulled inside. This causes coins to be "coughed" up which then gets transferred to Anna. The closer she is, the more coins she gets per damage. Struggling inside will break the opponent free. The tent can be damaged from outside attacks. Charging it up increases the strength and duration of the tent.Repurposed from GolisoPower GolisoPower

Aerials

Neutral Air: Dancing TallyAnna will spin around counter clockwise twice with her dagger hitting in front of her at a slight downwards angle while hitting behind herself too at a slightly more upper angle. The attackis fast and can be used as a combo starter. The lack of a hitbox above doesn't make it as strong as a versatile spacing move but its horizontal hitboxes reach out far. Adrianette Bromide Adrianette Bromide
Forward Aerial: Merciless MerchantA forward thrust stab that Anna performs with her dagger in reverse. This attack has a mediocre hitbox but performs stronger shield damage than any of her other aerial attacks making it good for pressuring enemy shields. Adrianette Bromide Adrianette Bromide
Back Aerial: Purse CutterAn upwards strike with the dagger held in reverse. This attack packs the most damage out of her aerial attacks and also has a wide hitbox to boot. Back air will be Anna's primary KO attack in the air. Adrianette Bromide Adrianette Bromide
Down Aerial: Plunging PricesDoes a stall and fall before plummeting back down to the ground with a lance. It is capable of burying opponents who are struck dead on in a sweetspot..Leadership

Throws

GrabWhen grabbing, one of the Annagangers will appear and makes the grab. Venus of the Desert Bloom Venus of the Desert Bloom
Side Throw: Receipt of Purchased Goods Anna pulls of a receipt and thrusts it into the opponent which launches them away. It will show a value between 1,000 to 50,000 G as the opponent is launch. This doesn’t effect the damage output and only visual. Venus of the Desert Bloom Venus of the Desert Bloom
Back Throw: Pay Up!The opponent is spun around and flipped upside down. From there, they are violently shaken as coin spills out from their body. Following this, they are tossed aside. Venus of the Desert Bloom Venus of the Desert Bloom
Up Throw: Anna-Ooop!Both the playable Anna and Annaganger pushes the opponent up like a volleyball into the air. Venus of the Desert Bloom Venus of the Desert Bloom
Down Throw: Let's Make a Deal!Anna summons a chair and slams it down into the opponent which pushes them down into the ground. She then quickly sits on it and pauses to ponder. This throw as significant lag but each hit frame occurs separately making it rather unique. Venus of the Desert Bloom Venus of the Desert Bloom

Misc

Floor Attack: Spiral CutterShe spins her daggers in front and behind which deals multiple hits of damage.Leadership
Ledge Attack: Sack of MoneyShe takes her money pouch and slams it downward which can spike the opponent up.Leadership
Command Input: Electric Swindle God FistAnna dashes forward and performs an electric uppercut that spills coins out of the opponent that will go towards Anna's coin count. The very difficult command input required to perform this attack is as follows: ➡ ⬇ ↘ + A. The final input and A must be inputted at the same time (within a 3-frame window.) /s Adrianette Bromide Adrianette Bromide

Specials

Neutral Special: Anna's Secret ShopAnna is stingy, so she doesn’t just use her best wares all wily-nily. Instead, she buys them from her own shop to make sure she never makes an investment she can’t back up with her credit value.

With her coins though, she can buy stronger weapons. Hold longer to spend more coins for a stronger weapon, Pac-Man Neutral B style. This then results in her sword/dagger being upgraded to variants like a Brave Sword, Levin Sword, Killer Sword etc. with different properties and different strengths etc.. The upgraded weapon is implemented set-wide like Robin’s aerials.
WeirdChillFever WeirdChillFever
Side Special: BallistaInputting the side special readies a Ballista. Due to the nature of the attack, it suffers from significant start-up lag. The trade-off is the damage potential of the attack. She can aim in from up to down after inputting the attack. It has high damage potential and can OHKO as low as 25% when hit dead center.Leadership
Up Special; Fodlan ThrustAnna thrust her Noatun in Air like FE's Dolphin Slash move, but its stabbing the Opponent with her Sweet Spot. The Damage 7.6% and she goes upwards little longer than Marth for her Recovery.
Down Special: ConvoyAnna puts bullions in a chest, investing her coin count in the stash which she then buries underground. If she dies and loses her accrued coins, she can use Down B again on the spot the chest was buried to immediately get back the coins she invested into them at the expense of Anna having less liquid assests on-hand if she’s invested gold into a chest. WeirdChillFever WeirdChillFever

Shady Deal was considered but it was largely considered over-cumbersome and complicated; especially if tried to be performed in the air which would create a floating tent. Plus, its not a guarantee that the opponent would input commands and rather button mash. This being said, this was repurposed to the Down Special.

Final Smash
What a Deal!Owing to Anna's unique status as a character within the series, I opted to go for a mostly unique Final Smash. It still does have some ties back to the franchise, similar to that of Byleth and Corrin, but it would mostly reference her multiple appearances in the series.

Like with Marth, Roy, and Lucina, the Final Smash starts out with a Critical Hit. Anna spins her dagger in her hand and runs forward, dragging at most 3 opponents into a cutscene, similar to the one that Hero has. Here, every single Anna that has appeared over time would deal a quick strike with a different weapon, before the main Anna swings a bag of gold coins and ends the cutscene with a "Come again soon!" and a finger to her chin.

Anna & DesignWeaponAnna & DesignWeapon

Shadow Dragon & the Blade of Light
Mystery of the Emblem

Ballista

Fates

Silver Dagger

Genealogy of the Holy War

Barrier Blade

Three Houses

Silver Gauntlets

Thracia 776

Lightning

Tokyo Mirage Sessions ♯FE

Poison Breath

Binding Blade
Blazing Blade
Sacred Stones
Path of Radiance
Radiant Dawn

Wind

Heroes

Nóatún

Awakening

Apotheosis Spear

Warriors

Anna's Bow
This ended up working unintentionally well, representing every type of weapon in the series (swords, axes, lances, gauntlets, daggers, bows, ballistae (i guess), anima magic, dark magic, and light magic)
airConditioner airConditioner

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Promotional Fighter Discussion

Yep! We are adding a promotional fighter which will be made available from January 2nd to the end of February. Registering your copy of Super Smash Bros. Infinite. This fighter will be available for download at a reduced price following this window of time. We will be submitting characters this evening and voting for them tomorrow.

Now, there is several rules
  • It must be first party
  • The character won’t come with a stage
  • The character must be from one of these following franchises:
    • Super Mario Bros.
    • Metroid
    • Yoshi
    • Star Fox
    • Earthbound/MOTHER
    • F-Zero
    • Pikmin
    • Animal Crossing
    • Punch-Out!!
    • Xenoblade Chronicles
    • ARMS
      • The reason why Super Mario Bros. is allowed a fighter is because that Waluigi is technically considered a spin-off character, Waluigi was revealed very early on, and traditionally, Mario has had 2 reps. (Mario and Luigi in SB, Bowser and Peach in Melee, Rosalina and Junior in 4, and Daisy and Plant in Ultimate).
  • Porky is ineligible due to mech
  • Elma is ineligible due to Neo Los Angeles as a stage
  • All Assist Trophies new in Ulitmate are ineligible as they will return as Assist Trophies in Infinite
  • Brawl/4 Assist Trophies are eligible. This is particularly because forgot to institute a vote for them and that’s my own fault.

While these rules are set in stone, we will take people’s opinions into account during the discussion period. This includes people who feel that we need a third Zelda rep. The reason why we limited certain choices is because either they have enough reps, there aren’t any justifiable additions, or their isn’t any sort of justifiable reason to include a character from this roster considering it could of just been included along with that fighter during launch. This includes a secondary fighter for franchises such as Wario, Donkey Kong, and Pokémon.

Again, this is a discussion round.

Last edited:

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
For some reason I'm feeling the idea of a playable Arwing for promo pick. Weird, but in a different way from PP, not needing a stage as it's technically already in multiple, and a way to represent the gameplay of a series that's movesets have mostly been aesthetic-based

Venus of the Desert Bloom Venus of the Desert Bloom Does this count as a mech? It's more a vehicle so I'd personally consider it on the same level as a Mario Kart rider.

Last edited:

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
For some reason I'm feeling the idea of a playable Arwing for promo pick. Weird, but in a different way from PP, not needing a stage as it's technically already in multiple, and a way to represent the gameplay of a series that's movesets have mostly been aesthetic-based

Venus of the Desert Bloom Venus of the Desert Bloom Does this count as a mech? It's more a vehicle so I'd personally consider it on the same level as a Mario Kart rider.
No, an Arwing wouldn’t be eligible.

First, let's address the elephant in the room: are generic enemies eligible?
yes, they are.

GolisoPower

Smash Master
1637705171101.png

I say we add Giygas. More specifically his Mewtwo-like form from Earthbound Beginnings. Most people would associate him with his red, demonic form from Earthbound, but not many people know that Mother 1 is where Giygas originated. Besides, since we can't have Pokey, I say we go with our next-best Earthbound villain candidate.

Although, the big topic for debate is whether or not he could live without the Devil's Machine, seen here. On the one hand, the lore has implied that he once existed without it, but on the other hand, he's never seen outside of it in-game, AFAIK.

also no I'm not suggesting this because I've been following Calliope Mori playing Earthbound recently i swear

Last edited:

Commander_Alph

Smash Lord
I honestly wanna see Ninten up here, not only he is the main character of the original Earthbound his inclusion also wrap up all the 3 games together not to mentioned it's a fan favorite request.

I don't know if you count Xeno X as a mainline game but I feel like Shulk and Pyra is enough to represent the numbered game as far as I know.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom