• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros. Infinite Project (Finally Finished!???)

Which title should we use?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Adrianette Bromide

Smash Lord
It took until Super Smash Bros. Infinite for the Wild Area to look good. Give it up for Masahiro Sakurai and his hard working team once again.

Honestly though as bad as the game looks, has anyone SEEN Fire Emblem: Three Houses? The Garreg Mach stage looks well modeled but uh hahaha the home game has much to be desired from. Even the Garreg Mach stage cameos look pretty low quality which is drastic compared to the high quality Persona 5 and SNK cameos.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
After consideration, we decided to accept the submissions for updates to the stages instead of jumping into a voting period. I had originally envisioned more submissions but we actually have just enough where we can accept each one. This includes our SNK cameos.

We will compile the list of content later on in the day to show what will be included.

Job #112: Submit a Second Stage to Represent a Past Third Party Franchise

While this may be seen as a controversial decision, we aren’t allowing for third party franchises from Smash Ultimate DLC for submissions. Rather, we are focusing on our older franchises to include a second stage from. In addition, Sonic, Pac-Man, and Final Fantasy isn’t currently up for submissions. Here’s what we have to work with:​
  1. Metal Gear Solid
  2. Mega Man
  3. Street Fighter
  4. Bayonetta
  5. Castlevania

As always, please keep in mind the submission guidelines for stages. Those are:​
  • Name​
  • Appearance and layout​
  • Hazards or gimmicks​
  • Cameos​
  • Battlefield/Omega versions​
  • Information regarding the stage and it’s importance to the series it represents. Why should it be included as a stage to represent that franchise?​

We have yet to decide how many winners we will include but it’s suffice to say some of the franchises won’t be getting a second stage obviously.

Discussion #5: What sort of stages could be used for the Ultimate DLC franchises

Will will also conduct a discussion period to explore the potential of possibly including a second stage from an Ultimate DLC third party franchise. This list includes:​
  1. Persona 5
  2. Dragon Quest
  3. Fatal Fury/King of Fighters
  4. Banjo-Kazooie
  5. Minecraft
The reason we are doing a discussion period concerning this due to particular issues stemming from some of these inclusions. What would a second Banjo-Kazooie stage look like? What would be acceptable? Would other Persona games be eligible? How about Dragon Quest? Would we accept only stages from games that are represented by one of the alts?

This is an explanatory discussion period to see if these franchises actually warrant a second stage inclusion. Please do not make submissions for the above franchises. This is just a discussion period to see the validity of adding a second stage to Ultomate DLC stages and what sort of stages would technically be included.

Last edited:

Commander_Alph

Smash Lord
Probably just me but I feel like Dragon Quest need another stage that better represent the series more. Other than Slime and Mimic Yggdrasil Altar doesn't really scream DQ and in all intent and purposes is to promote DQ11 which not even the party member in that game appear as a cameo.

• Mementos, while is from Persona 5 changes theme depending on the music: blue = P3 music, yellow = P4 music. (And I know the obligatory "no P1 and P2" but that's the fault of Atlus themselves and Smash is only a reflection of the series)

• Spiral Mountain is fine as it is still a reoccurring place in the game.

• KoF Stadium is explanatory by itself and don't really need another place and with new cameo addition I think we already satisfied.

• And Minecraft World just need more variation as no matter how many stages you have the aesthetic is pretty much the same and feels redundant (it's like adding Windy Hill Zone, oh wait-)

All of these series has much more representation than DQ and it's kinda sad considering it's the granddaddy of RPG.

Last edited:

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
I've had an idea for a Bad Piggies stage for a while now (not for this thread though as it'd likely be inelegible) and I would happily rework it into Nuts & Bolts should we open submissions for a Banjo stage.

Speed Weed

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-1814-1029-3514
On the topic of DLC franchises, I'd say there's potential for a second Fatal Fury/KOF stage. As good as it is, KOF Stadium is more of a sorta all-encompassing KOF stage rather than a Fatal Fury stage, so in that regard, I think it'd be cool to have a stage for Terry that actually specifically comes from Fatal Fury. Something like the train stage or Geese Tower would be great

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
I think Dragon Quest is the only series that needs a new stage (I would've given Minecraft a new stage, but seeing as we already added the Nether as biomes for Minecraft World that's off the table). Yggdrasil is a kinda boring stage, and Dragon Quest is a massive series with tons of options for locations.

As for the old series, I think Mega Man and Street Fighter would benefit most from a new stage.

Last edited:

Adrianette Bromide

Smash Lord
I'm probably gonna submit another Castlevania stage since I love Castlevania so much.

But I wanna speak for Persona and Minecraft as universes I feel will be popular and seeing how games from thode (meta)franchises are my top 5, I have some power to speak on them.

Minecraft World is basicslly the only stage that Minecraft needs. Minecraft is just one of those games that also doesn't really need another fighter in the first place. Steve is really the only character that encompasses the building and crafting aspect and other characters can just be added as alts. As for stages which is what the question is about, more diversity (which we already have) is all it needs.

As for Persona, once again Mementos is all the series needs given its gimmick. I will however propose three new additions to Mementos, variations for Persona 1, the Persona 2 duology and Aria of the Soul. I have found edits on the web for all 3 of these and I can post them when I get on desktop. Persona 1's Mementos would play for P1 music and it would be purple themed with butterflies motifs, Persona 2's Mementos would play for P2 music and would be a brighter reddish-orange than P5's Mementos and the Velvet Room themed one would be a dark blue and would play when Aria of the Soul is played. Additionally on the Velvet Room variant, Igor and Caroline & Justine would appear.

This is gonna be the mainline purist in me but if there is a new stage to add, I'd have it be something from Megami Tensei like the Cathedral of Shadows or the Vortex World.

Last edited:

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Job #112

Machine Planet (Street Fighter 2010)

A surreal, unnerving stage where almost everything has an eye that's looking straight at you.

Machine Planet has a relatively simple layout - all platforms are hard (bottom platform is one of the purple eye things and the top platforms look like the yellow pipes) and the red part is a bubbly, gruesome material resembling the Overmind, albeit recoloured pink for ratings concerns, that causes damage like lava.
5C7E1089-F244-409A-9A53-4118DA5AE103.jpeg

The layout of the original stage, seen in the top image, is in the background of the stage. The stage is rendered in 3D with HD graphics, but not many creative liberties are taken

There are no cameos on this stage.

This stage is not important at all, which in my opinion is why it should be included. Also other than Magicant we don't really have a trippy stage.

Last edited:

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
I do want to mention that we did add Minecraft variations previously.

These biomes were added: Nether Wastes, Crimson Forest, and Bastion Remnent.

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
Job #112

Kattelox Island (Mega Man)

1622393637895.png

1622393846498.png

1622393903661.png

The location of where most of Mega Man Legends takes place, Kattelox Island would be a traveling stage, going through many of the different locales explored throughout Mega Man Legends. Fighters would fight on a platform flying to different parts of the island like with Delfino Plaza and Skyloft.

Last edited:

The Smash Nerd II.0.

Smash Journeyman
Job #112

Machine Planet (Street Fighter 2010)

A surreal, unnerving stage where almost everything has an eye that's looking straight at you.

Machine Planet has a relatively simple layout - all platforms are hard (bottom platform is one of the purple eye things and the top platforms look like the yellow pipes) and the red part is a bubbly, gruesome material resembling the Overmind, albeit recoloured pink for ratings concerns, that causes damage like lava.
View attachment 317142

The layout of the original stage, seen in the top image, is in the background of the stage. The stage is rendered in 3D with HD graphics, but not many creative liberties are taken
Your submiting a stage from a spin-off titie for the second Street Fighter stage. It would make more sence to have the new stage be from the main series.

Last edited:

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
Your submiting a stage from a spin-off titie for the second Street Fighter stage. It would make more sence to have the new stage be from the main series.
If you dislike it, you are free to submit your own Street Fighter stage from the main series and hope that yours gets more votes.

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
For Minecraft stages, I feel like the End might be one of the few options left. I know we made the Nether one of the biomes, but I think the End is fair game still.
I think it would be weird to make the End it's own stage and the Nether a variant. If anything, the opposite would be better.

evanwoo10

Smash Lord
Job #112: Flower Field (Metal Gear Solid)
AF72CBC2-00D7-4DB5-A665-B01F3DAA04EE.jpeg

51513525-FDC3-4174-A01D-FDD6CE3FD6F4.jpeg

0B53C194-A3F3-4519-9047-F403731663DE.jpeg

The Flower Field at Rokovoj Bereg is a important location in Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater. In the game, Rokovoj Bereg is the final location and the field is where the fight with The Boss happens. It has a unique atmosphere with it’s trees and flowers all over the place. Tree branches could be used as platforms in the stage and the stage’s floor could be completely covered with white lilies. The Boss could even be a stage hazard in the field. The Boss’s horse, along with other animals (ex. snakes, birds, frogs, etc.) could make cameos in the background. The flower field is one of the most iconic locations in the entire series by fans (even on the same level as Shadow Moses Island).

Omega and Battlefield Stages:

I did my best to design and edit what they could look like in game.

Omega Stage
B34D3BA6-749C-4305-8D6B-4DDEE1639D33.jpeg

The trees are completely in background and fighters are not that tall

Battlefield Stage
5D05D1AA-DD01-4332-957D-CDCF80C7A713.jpeg

The brown parts are the tree branches that can be used as platforms.

Last edited:

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
I do want to mention that, when submitting a stage, please keep to the typical stage submission guidelines.

Name
Layout and appearance
Hazards
Cameos
Omega/Battlefield versions

While also talking about the importance and relevance of h to e submission and why it should be included as a second stage.

Adrianette Bromide

Smash Lord
Job #112: Clock Tower

unnamed.gif

This stage, while also taking place in Dracula's Castle, would take more from Symphony of the Night. I think this stage would be cool because much of Castlevania in Smash focuses on its classic gameplay style. The stage represents the final boss arena of CV1 although its appearance is consistent throughout the series and its fighters are both from Classicvania as well. This is totally not propaganda to maybe hint hint wink wink at Alucard becoming a fighter.

The stage would take place on the gear as if it was laid down flat. In the background, several gears can be seen twisting and turning. There is also two solid stone platforms portruding from the wall and a semisolid platform in the middle where at least one player can stand on to avoid the gear's spinning.

It looks something like this.
__ ____ __

Occasionally, the gear the stage takes place on will start spinning. During this event, attempting to grab the ledge will instantly send you off. However, you will regain all of your jumps and movement options. Additionally, depending on whst direction the gear spins, players on the ground will be slid in that direction. The spinning will be foretold by the gear shaking. Several Medusa Heads will also attack the players from time to time by floating along the stage in a squiggly line pattern.

There's one more gimmick you should be aware of... If you select the stage while holding L, the stage will instead become...

Job #112.5: Inverted Clock Tower

The stage functions similarly to the regular variant with the Medusa Heads. However, the entire stage will be upside down! The stone platforms from before will act as the main ground now while the gear on top will act as a ceiling. If the ceiling is touched while the gear is spinning, you will take a colossal amount of damage and be spiked straight down.

Omega/Battlefield: The stage on Omega will resemble a gear with stalagtites hanging from the bottom and the platforms will resemble the stone platform in the center from the normal stage.

Last edited:

cashregister9

Smash Hero
Job 112

Fimbulventr

The stage starts at the bottom where it is a layout like Eldin then a portion of the platform lifts up and flies upwards, This Platform has Loki and Balder on it. the platform is then flung through the mountain, seeing several stages and demons seen throughout the mountain. Temperantia, Resentment and a few other Bayonetta 2 bosses appear.

Once the buidling reaches the top, Aesir is seen at the top, he then performs and attack resetting the stage.

The Battlefield and Omega versions are just the platform that flies around and through the mountain, Loki and Balder are on this platform.

This place is the primary Setting of Bayonetta 2.

Discussion 5

I think Dragon Quest could use another stage based on one of the other heroes.

Yiptap

Smash Lord
The only stage I can really talk about is Dragon Quest. I may be in the minority, but I think Yggdrasil Altar is a pretty good stage for Dragon Quest (Maybe it's bias, but I don't care). The only way to make it better, in my opinion, is to add DQ11 party cameos (Without oversaturating Sylvando or Veronica). If we were to add another Dragon Quest stage, I think Heliodor would be a great stage (Once again, bias).

Adrianette Bromide

Smash Lord
I'll summarize my thoughts on each DLC universe.

Persona: Mementos can act as an overarching Persona stage given its context and just needs to be expanded on. Mainline content greatly appreciated ;)

Dragon Quest: Altar was added mostly because DQ11S was new and hot. Get this series a stage from 3, the most iconic game.

Banjo-Kazooie: I don't think it needs another given how small the series is.

Fatal Fury/King of Fighters: Something more specific to Fatal Fury would be great. SNK kinda just seems to be lumped under Fatal Fury so even something from other SNK games could be warranted.

Minecraft: As it stands, Minecraft World can encompass everything that a Minecraft stage could warrant. However if we were to add a stage, I'd look to Dungeons for areas to adapt.

Glubbfubb

Smash Champion
I'll summarize my thoughts on each DLC universe.

Persona: Mementos can act as an overarching Persona stage given its context and just needs to be expanded on. Mainline content greatly appreciated ;)

Dragon Quest: Altar was added mostly because DQ11S was new and hot. Get this series a stage from 3, the most iconic game.

Banjo-Kazooie: I don't think it needs another given how small the series is.

Fatal Fury/King of Fighters: Something more specific to Fatal Fury would be great. SNK kinda just seems to be lumped under Fatal Fury so even something from other SNK games could be warranted.

Minecraft: As it stands, Minecraft World can encompass everything that a Minecraft stage could warrant. However if we were to add a stage, I'd look to Dungeons for areas to adapt.
I dont know a stage either for bajo, but it could be a tooie stage since it focused on one in the DLC

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Job #112: Central Highway

Coming from Mega Man X, this stage consisted of a single stretch of Highway in Central City which was under attack by Sigma’s Maverick Forces. This particular stage is quite iconic and even featured in Marvel vs Capcom Infinite. I have many fond memories of this stage when playing Mega Man X as a child.

While the above stage is from the Super Smash Flash games, it would play quite siniliar. It has different levels with stretches of the Highway serving as stage platforms. Occasionally, portions of the stage will crumble and will fall to the ground. Getting hit by these will cause a meteor smash and can be extremely dangerous if caught underneath.

While I kind of want to shy away from incorporating a boss, I would be fine with adding Vile in his Ride Armor. That being said, I think it would be perfectly fine to include Vile as a cameo along with his Ride Armor. In addition, others would be Bee Blader, Ball da Voux, Bomb Been, and Jamminger.

The Omega and Battlefield Forms consists of a single solitary platform composed of the materials the Highway is made from. In the background are the various enemies seen in original stage.

Im letting Janx_uwu Janx_uwu take submission of this stage.

Last edited:

Jomosensual

Smash Champion
Sitting out this prompt since I don't really have any ideas for the past 3rd party stages.

For the discussion I think our best choices would be to add stages from Dragon Quest or Persona, which have a lot more to pull from than B&K and Minecraft. Could probably do a KOF/Fatal Fury one as well but I don't know a ton on the series so IDK for sure.

Janx_uwu

Smash Champion
Writing Team
Because classic series Mega Man games generally start with the stage select screen, it made sense for its Smash 4 stage to be Wily's Castle. Because there isn't really an opening level that every Mega Man fan can identify with.
But Mega Man X does have something like that.
JOB 112: Central Highway (Mega Man X)

Central Highway, as it is most often referred to, is one of the most popular opening levels in gaming history, up there with Green Hill Zone and World 1-1. It is the first level of Mega Man X, one of the greatest and most beloved platformers ever released on the SNES. Central Highway sees our main character, Mega Man X, as he runs through the Central Highway, trying to save the city from an invasion of Mavericks-robots that have betrayed humanity. At the end, X loses in a battle with one of the main villains, Vile, before being saved by a charged shot from his best friend and partner, Zero. From there, the level ends and you choose from one of eight levels as you would in most other Mega Man games.

The layout is fairly similar to what's seen around the 4:09 mark of the below video.
There is a stretch of raised highway that is about a battlefield and a quarter long. And about 1/2 of said highway is slightly sloped to the left. Blastzones are pretty standard and it is possible to walljump on the pillars that support the road-though you cannot camp here forever. There are also two street lamps, one in the foreground of the stage on the right (the non-sloped part), and the other in the background of the stage on the left (the sloped part).

But it wouldn't be Central Highway without some bees.

Occasionally, the Bee Blader will appear to wreck havoc. It will fly in from the left or right side of the stage, and once it reaches the highway, it will stop in place and begin performing a set of a few actions at complete random. It can do multiple of these things at once, all of them at once, or simply choose not to do anything for a minute. It will, however, perpetually hover up and down.
Move forward: Just what it sounds like. The Bee Blader moves forward for a few frames before stopping again.
Bullets: The Bee Blader splashes bullets in front of him at a downward angle. It's pretty easy to avoid, but if you're hit, you'll be trapped in for 5 seconds while you are dealt 1% DPS. After which you are launched forwards, but never far enough to kill.
Missiles: The Bee Blader fires a homing missile that homes in on whoever was nearest when the move was activated. These missiles deal 8% and can kill opponents, but not until they are in the 130-160 range.
The Bee Blader has slightly more health than the Yellow Devil did in Smash Ultimate. When defeated, the Bee Blader will explode similarly to the Yellow Devil, but in a more realistic fashion. The explosion does major damage and knockback to anyone nearby, except for the player who landed the final hit.
The Bee Blader will not appear if stage hazards are disabled.

This stage has 10 cameos in total, all characters from the Mega Man X series. When the stage starts, there are no cameos-however, throughout the match the characters will teleport into the background of the stage to watch the battle. Sometimes they will also teleport away and, over time, new characters take their places. This is mostly random, but characters like X and Zero have the most priority of appearing.

Warning, minor spoilers ahead for X4. Skip Iris and Colonel if you don't want those.
X

The greatest creation of Doctor Light and main character of his series, Mega Man X (or just X) is a Maverick Hunter who fights for peace, though he wishes there were a more peaceful way of protecting both humans and reploids. After teleportation in, X will stand with his hands on his hips and watch with a smile on his face. If a KO is made, X will raise his fist to the air in celebration.

Zero

The greatest creation of Doctor Wily and partner of Mega Man X, Zero is also a Maverick Hunter who fights for peace-though he is more quick to act than X and doesn't spend as much time wishing for a peaceful solution to the war between reploids and mavericks. Zero will stand with his back to the camera, so we get full view of his glorious ponytail. When a KO is made, Zero shows a thumbs up to his opponent.
Axl

The junior Maverick Hunter with the ability to copy the appearance of others, Axl fights with X and Zero to stop Sigma dead in his tracks. Axl will bob from left to right in place, as if imitating a fighting game character, with his guns at the ready. When a KO is made, Axl spins his weapons with his fingers before striking a flashy pose.
Iris

Brother of Colonel and former love interest of Zero, Iris is a member of Repliforce who is unfortunately lost in the Final Weapon incident. Iris will hold her hands behind her and watch the battle with great interest. When a KO is made, Iris brings her hands around from her back to reveal a purple crystal-which she will then toss up into the air before catching it and putting it back behind her. She looks very energetic when doing so.
Colonel

Brother of Iris and one of the two leaders of Repliforce, Colonel is the one who leads the Repliforce to leave Earth, in hopes of living their lives without the humans, and without harming them-but due to seeds of rebellion in the repliforce planted by guess-who, Colonel must be defeated by X (or Zero) in order to stop the Final Weapon from firing at Earth. Colonel will look ahead with not much visible emotion, arms down at his sides. He will politely clap whenever a KO is made.
Alia

The CEO of stopping X dead in his tracks to feed him useless information through his earpiece, Alia is the Navigator of the Maverick Hunters who "helps" by letting X know what's going on in any given situation. Alia will be talking to someone on her earpiece, occupied with something else and not focusing on the match at all-but when a KO is scored, she'll seemingly say "hold on" to them before waving and smiling at the screen.
Douglas

The strangely handsome Douglas is the mechanic of the Maverick Hunters, who proved instrumental during the Eurasia colony incident. Douglas will stand casually and hold a wrench, occasionally tossing it slightly up and making it spin before catching it again. If a KO is made, Douglas reaches his non-wrench fist up, then pulls it back in excitement.
Signas

Signas, the leader of the Maverick Hunters, is the impressive strategist behind all of X's most dangerous missions. Signas will hold his chin up with his hand and simply observe the fight, occasionally nodding. When a KO is scored, he'll smile-this is the most subtle victory animation of the X cameos, but make no mistake-Signas truly appreciated that awesome play you just made.
Sigma

Sigma was once the leader of the Maverick Hunters, but once the Maverick Virus manifested itself inside his body, Sigma felt the need to eradicate humans to make a perfect world for reploids. He now leads the Mavericks and fights with X and Zero every Tuesday whenever he's up to no good. Sigma will cross his arms around his chest, looking stern. When a KO is made, he throws back his head and laughs, as if to say "lol should've teched"
Vile

Vile is a maverick who works directly with Sigma, who has a lust for destruction and a kink for reincarnation. Vile will stand in place with determination, very much ready for action, with his knee blaster and shoulder canon locked and loaded. When a KO is made, he actually stomps the ground with his feet-Vile lives for destruction, but he'd rather take part in it himself than watch others have all the fun.

When teleportation in, the hero characters (anyone but Vile and Sigma) will teleport in classic Mega Man fashion. However, Vile and Sigma will have two after-images of their character model warp in, combining to form one image, before they themselves appear where that image is.

The Battlefield form of the stage will feature green concrete platforms like the ones seen in the highway of the normal stage. The ground is also made up of the same material as that. Both versions place the stage higher above the ground, to give you an incredible view of the destruction that Sigma's army has caused.
Cameos will appear no matter what version of the stage you're playing on.

Why a Mega Man X stage?
Mega Man is one of the most influential gaming series of all time, and the classic games are just the tip of the iceberg. The X series, especially the first game, is remembered fondly by just about anyone who had a Super Nintendo back in the day. Not just remembered fondly, either-Mega Man X still holds up as one of the greatest sidescrolling 2D platformers of all time.

Why Central Highway?
Central Highway marks the very first level of the franchise, and with its unforgettable soundtrack, incredible tutorial to X's abilities, and great story setup, Central Highway is just the most iconic and arguably most important location in the Mega Man X series. Heck, they even brought it back in X7 because people loved it so dang much.

Why didn't you use the modern designs of Alia and Iris?

No but seriously, those designs are fine but I feel the original designs represent them much better.

Last edited:

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
See, kids, this is why you shouldn't wait until the last minute to finish up your lengthy submissions.
In case anyone wants to read it:

Because classic series Mega Man games generally start with the stage select screen, it made sense for its Smash 4 stage to be Wily's Castle. Because there isn't really an opening level that every Mega Man fan can identify with.

Central Highway, as it is most often referred to, is one of the most popular opening levels in gaming history, up there with Green Hill Zone and World 1-1. It is the first level of Mega Man X, one of the greatest and most beloved platformers ever released on the SNES. Central Highway sees our main character, Mega Man X, as he runs through the Central Highway, trying to save the city from an invasion of Mavericks-robots that have betrayed humanity. At the end, X loses in a battle with one of the main villains, Vile, before being saved by a charged shot from his best friend and partner, Zero. From there, the level ends and you choose from one of eight levels as you would in most other Mega Man games.

The layout is fairly similar to what's seen around the 4:09 mark of the below video.
There is a stretch of raised highway that is about a battlefield and a quarter long. And about 1/2 of said highway is slightly sloped to the left. Blastzones are pretty standard and it is possible to walljump on the pillars that support the road-though you cannot camp here forever. There are also two street lamps, one in the foreground of the stage on the right (the non-sloped part), and the other in the background of the stage on the left (the sloped part).

Occasionally, the Bee Blader will appear to wreck havoc. It will fly in from the left or right side of the stage, and once it reaches the highway, it will stop in place and begin performing a set of a few actions at complete random. It can do multiple of these things at once, all of them at once, or simply choose not to do anything for a minute. It will, however, perpetually hover up and down.
Move forward: Just what it sounds like. The Bee Blader moves forward for a few frames before stopping again.
Bullets: The Bee Blader splashes bullets in front of him at a downward angle. It's pretty easy to avoid, but if you're hit, you'll be trapped in for 5 seconds while you are dealt 1% DPS. After which you are launched forwards, but never far enough to kill.
Missiles: The Bee Blader fires a homing missile that homes in on whoever was nearest when the move was activated. These missiles deal 8% and can kill opponents, but not until they are in the 130-160 range.
The Bee Blader has slightly more health than the Yellow Devil did in Smash Ultimate. When defeated, the Bee Blader will explode similarly to the Yellow Devil, but in a more realistic fashion. The explosion does major damage and knockback to anyone nearby, except for the player who landed the final hit.

This stage has 10 cameos in total, all characters from the Mega Man X series. When the stage starts, there are no cameos-however, throughout the match the characters will teleport into the background of the stage to watch the battle. Sometimes they will also teleport away and, over time, new characters take their places.

X

The greatest creation of Doctor Light and main character of his series, Mega Man X (or just X) is a Maverick Hunter who fights for peace, though he wishes there were a more peaceful way of protecting both humans and reploids. After teleportation in, X will stand with his hands on his hips and watch with a smile on his face. If a KO is made, X will raise his fist to the air in celebration.

Zero

The greatest creation of Doctor Wily and partner of Mega Man X, Zero is also a Maverick Hunter who fights for peace-though he is more quick to act than X and doesn't spend as much time wishing for a peaceful solution to the war between reploids and mavericks. Zero will stand with his back to the camera, so we get full view of his glorious ponytail. When a KO is made, Zero shows a thumbs up to his opponent.
Janx, you can submit Central Highway as I like your submission more. I have another idea for a submission.

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Really? Thanks! I do have some finishing touches to do though.
No prob!

BC1E81F4-2D48-4796-9A2E-260CCF7F0D73.jpeg
Shopping District, Taiping Road
Or simply Shopping District

Yet another iconic Street Fighter stage to accompany Suzaku Castle. This one belongs to the Chinese martial artist, Chun-Li. While Battle Harbor would make sense for Ken Masters, Shopping District is the more iconic stage but also brings an unique flair: a oriental Chinese aspect that is missing in Smash. We don’t have many stages like this but Battle Harbor would be a bit like Delfino Plaza in some regards. Air Force Base or a Shadoloo Base...or even Sagat’s base (forgot the name but the reclining statue stage) would be potential picks.

The stage would take a similar aspect from King of Fighter’s Stadium minus the sidewalls so it would have walk-off blast zones. There would be a secondary platform composed of the awnings found in the district’s shops.

Certain items found in the stage, like Suzaku Castle, can be destroyed. This includes signs, lampposts, the barbershop sign, and laundry line. Cameos would be limited to the characters found in the original stage. The stage would replicate the entire feeling of the SFII stage but remakes it in the typical Smash fashion so it wouldn’t be a Mute City/Balloon Fight situation.

The Battlefield/Final Destination versions consists of an earthen floating platform with the buildings in the background set against the far background. (Sunset sky and mountains)

Now, the elephant in the room...will Smash include the chicken strangle? No, it won’t. It will Include the caged chicken but hitting the cage will free the lucky chicken so it can escape. Replacing the man who is strangling the chicken would be a man who is checking the cage. Releasing the chicken surprises the man.

Last edited:

Janx_uwu

Smash Champion
Writing Team

This stage has 10 cameos in total, all characters from the Mega Man X series. When the stage starts, there are no cameos-however, throughout the match the characters will teleport into the background of the stage to watch the battle. Sometimes they will also teleport away and, over time, new characters take their places. This is mostly random, but characters like X and Zero have the most priority of appearing.

Warning, minor spoilers ahead for X4. Skip Iris and Colonel if you don't want those.
X

Zero

Axl

The junior Maverick Hunter with the ability to copy the appearance of others, Axl fights with X and Zero to stop Sigma dead in his tracks. Axl will bob from left to right in place, as if imitating a fighting game character, with his guns at the ready. When a KO is made, Axl spins his weapons with his fingers before striking a flashy pose.
Iris

Brother of Colonel and former love interest of Zero, Iris is a member of Repliforce who is unfortunately lost in the Final Weapon incident. Iris will hold her hands behind her and watch the battle with great interest. When a KO is made, Iris brings her hands around from her back to reveal a purple crystal-which she will then toss up into the air before catching it and putting it back behind her. She looks very energetic when doing so.
Colonel

Brother of Iris and one of the two leaders of Repliforce, Colonel is the one who leads the Repliforce to leave Earth, in hopes of living their lives without the humans, and without harming them-but due to seeds of rebellion in the repliforce planted by guess-who, Colonel must be defeated by X (or Zero) in order to stop the Final Weapon from firing at Earth. Colonel will look ahead with not much visible emotion, arms down at his sides. He will politely clap whenever a KO is made.
Alia

The CEO of stopping X dead in his tracks to feed him useless information through his earpiece, Alia is the Navigator of the Maverick Hunters who "helps" by letting X know what's going on in any given situation. Alia will be talking to someone on her earpiece, occupied with something else and not focusing on the match at all-but when a KO is scored, she'll seemingly say "hold on" to them before waving and smiling at the screen.
Douglas

The strangely handsome Douglas is the mechanic of the Maverick Hunters, who proved instrumental during the Eurasia colony incident. Douglas will stand casually and hold a wrench, occasionally tossing it slightly up and making it spin before catching it again. If a KO is made, Douglas reaches his non-wrench fist up, then pulls it back in excitement.
Signas

Signas, the leader of the Maverick Hunters, is the impressive strategist behind all of X's most dangerous missions. Signas will hold his chin up with his hand and simply observe the fight, occasionally nodding. When a KO is scored, he'll smile-this is the most subtle victory animation of the X cameos, but make no mistake-Signas truly appreciated that awesome play you just made.
Sigma

Sigma was once the leader of the Maverick Hunters, but once the Maverick Virus manifested itself inside his body, Sigma felt the need to eradicate humans to make a perfect world for reploids. He now leads the Mavericks and fights with X and Zero every Tuesday whenever he's up to no good. Sigma will cross his arms around his chest, looking stern. When a KO is made, he throws back his head and laughs, as if to say "lol should've teched"
Vile

Vile is a maverick who works directly with Sigma, who has a lust for destruction and a kink for reincarnation. Vile will stand in place with determination, very much ready for action, with his knee blaster and shoulder canon locked and loaded. When a KO is made, he actually stomps the ground with his feet-Vile lives for destruction, but he'd rather take part in it himself than watch others have all the fun.

When teleportation in, the hero characters (anyone but Vile and Sigma) will teleport in classic Mega Man fashion. However, Vile and Sigma will have two after-images of their character model warp in, combining to form one image, before they themselves appear where that image is.

The Battlefield form of the stage will feature green concrete platforms like the ones seen in the highway of the normal stage. The ground is also made up of the same material as that. Both versions place the stage higher above the ground, to give you an incredible view of the destruction that Sigma's army has caused.
Cameos will appear no matter what version of the stage you're playing on.

Why a Mega Man X stage?
Mega Man is one of the most influential gaming series of all time, and the classic games are just the tip of the iceberg. The X series, especially the first game, is remembered fondly by just about anyone who had a Super Nintendo back in the day. Not just remembered fondly, either-Mega Man X still holds up as one of the greatest sidescrolling 2D platformers of all time.

Why Central Highway?
Central Highway marks the very first level of the franchise, and with its unforgettable soundtrack, incredible tutorial to X's abilities, and great story setup, Central Highway is just the most iconic and arguably most important location in the Mega Man X series. Heck, they even brought it back in X7 because people loved it so dang much.

Why didn't you use the modern designs of Alia and Iris?

No but seriously, those designs are fine but I feel the original designs represent them much better.
Updated

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
No prob!

View attachment 317189Shopping District, Taiping Road
Or simply Shopping District

Yet another iconic Street Fighter stage to accompany Suzaku Castle. This one belongs to the Chinese martial artist, Chun-Li. While Battle Harbor would make sense for Ken Masters, Shopping District is the more iconic stage but also brings an unique flair: a oriental Chinese aspect that is missing in Smash. We don’t have many stages like this but Battle Harbor would be a bit like Delfino Plaza in some regards. Air Force Base or a Shadoloo Base...or even Sagat’s base (forgot the name but the reclining statue stage) would be potential picks.

The stage would take a similar aspect from King of Fighter’s Stadium minus the sidewalls so it would have walk-off blast zones. There would be a secondary platform composed of the awnings found in the district’s shops.

Certain items found in the stage, like Suzaku Castle, can be destroyed. This includes signs, lampposts, the barbershop sign, and laundry line. Cameos would be limited to the characters found in the original stage. The stage would replicate the entire feeling of the SFII stage but remakes it in the typical Smash fashion so it wouldn’t be a Mute City/Balloon Fight situation.

The Battlefield/Final Destination versions consists of an earthen floating platform with the buildings in the background set against the far background. (Sunset sky and mountains)

Now, the elephant in the room...will Smash include the chicken strangle? No, it won’t. It will Include the caged chicken but hitting the cage will free the lucky chicken so it can escape. Replacing the man who is strangling the chicken would be a man who is checking the cage. Releasing the chicken surprises the man.
Much as I like this idea, I am going to present an alternate Street Fighter suggestion.

1622426616930.png

Job 112: Volcanic Rim (Street Fighter IV)

Definitely not the most unique stage idea, but by far one of the most beloved Street Fighter stages of all time, the Volcanic Rim is so iconic that it's theme music is sort of considered to be the main theme of the series as a whole, and this stage is by far the most famous in all of Street Fighter IV. I think we could use it to sort of be a psuedo-stage for Ken himself, as he's often associated with it, despite it being in Oceania and not Ken's home country of the U.S.A.

Street Fighter IV was notable in that not only did it make it's way to the 3DS (a huge surprise considering it's intensities) but it was also kind of an Ultimate for SF, as almost every major player in the series at the time was on the roster, and it was beloved in the competitive scene, as well as introducing a few fan favorite characters into the series, as well as the beloved Focus Attack system.

How will this stage be adapted? As a walkoff, of course! But with a few changes from it's original counterpart, including a stage hazard and a very small change in elevation between the right and left side (barely noticeable) Occaccionally, lava bubbles from the river behind will pop and splash hot lava onto the stage, causing damage to anyone hit. In addition, everytime a character uses a hit triggering a zoom-in, lava will shoot up from the ground, just as it did when using an Ultra Combo in the original game, which can also damage players. There will also be a single rock platform that can be passed through floating above the ground, made of hardened magma; however, the middle part, which is slanted downward, can crumble to ash and dust if too much weight is placed on it, leaving two platforms rather than one; though unlike say, the building in Onett, it will not reset at any point.

Whenever a fighter is KO'd, the volcano in the background will erupt.

The hazardless version still contains the platform, but no lava bubbles, the middle of the platform won't crumble, and the eruptions from zoom-in attacks will only be in the background.

The Battlefield/Omega versions of the stage are made of the same rocky material for the main stage, and molten magma for the platforms.

Below is a very rough image of the layout I have in mind:

1622427622819.png

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Submissions will be closing in the next few hours. If you haven’t yet, please try to get in your stage that is from a previous non-Ultimate DLC third party franchise.

Mr. Robotto

Smash Ace
Alright, time to vote for your favorite submissions. Please vote for your top 3 of the following choices. Keep in mind we're still doing ranked voting. You may only put your own submission at 2nd place or lower.

We've had some great submissions and it'll definitely be interesting to see who the ones standing on top will be. Keep in mind all stages are competing against each other and only the top 2 will get in. If two stages of the same series end up winning, we'll pick the stage that is not part of that certain series that got the most votes instead of the one that got 2nd place.

----

While I don't usually vote right out of the gate, here are my picks.
  1. Clock Tower (Castlevania)
  2. Shopping District (Street Fighter)
  3. Central Highway (Mega Man)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom