• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros. Infinite Beyond

Which Rayman stage should we include?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
Mike Jones Color

Nintendo Power Mario

Since StarTropics was a rare Western exclusive Nintendo release, I figured it would be appropriate to have a Nintendo Power reference. This will be based off Mario's palette in the very first Nintendo Power issue. Mike Jones's shirt will be red and his trousers will be dark blue. His hair will also be dark blue.

Cover for the first issue of Nintendo Power, featuring Super Mario Bros. 2

Last edited:

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Thank you everyone for your submissions! Here are our current listings:

Mike Jones Color - Yellow/Brown based on his Uncle Dr. Jones

C-Island Tunnel

Honestly dont have much to say as im not super familiar with game. Upon a little research seems like a big part of the game is exploring tunnels throughout C-Island. An underground tunnel theme is not too common (if we even have a stage with one at all) & could maybe utilize a reverse Icicle Mtn layout constantly traveling downwards instead of up (could be a nice call-back i guess to the 1st NES throwback fighter)
Zoda's Spaceship

While technically there isn't a location for this place, it is heavily implied that the final stages of the first game occurs in Zoda's spaceship. The stage is set up in a way like Momentos which has a multi-leveled stage that slopes up along with three floating platforms that move up and down. The stage itself has an HD quality like Duck Hunt but still retains the coloration seen below:

View attachment 386391

The background is almost entirely black but the stage does have two stage hazards in the form of bosses. These two bosses retains their sprite appearance but reconstructed to not be a huge mess when blow up to fit Smash's resolution:

PictureNameDescription
View attachment 386396
Zoda
It will appear in the background and will fire it's eyes out which have a slight homing ability. It will also vanish and then cause its arms to reach out to grab opponents for a devastating attack. Defeating this boss will cause Prime Invader Zoda to appear
View attachment 386392Prime Invader ZodaAppears on either the right side or left side and fires plasma balls across the stage. It will move about while trying to ram into opponents. It will also spew out living creatures who, unlike the source material, floats in the air rather than creeping along the ground. They have homing capabilities.
  • C-Island Tunnel
  • Zoda's Spaceship
Poll is at the top.

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Moving forward, we have a fun job for you....

Submit a Retro Costume

We will be submitting a costume that is based from a retro version of a current character. This isn't a "fan design"-esuqe retro but an actual basis of that character. That being said, characters from the NES to SNES-era which also includes GB will be the only ones accepted. This includes the following characters but, of course, others can be accepted if they fit the criteria:

Mario
Luigi
Peach
Bowser
Yoshi
Piranha Plant
Toad
Wario
Donkey Kong
Diddy Kong
Dixie Kong
King K Rool
Link
Marin
Samus
Ridley
Marth
Roy
Pikachu
Mewtwo
Pichu
Jigglypuff
Kirby
King Dedede
Meta Knight
Pit
Palutena
Little Mac
Ness
Ninten
Ice Climbers
Duck Hunt
Sonic
Dr. Eggman
Mega Man
Roll
Ryu
Ken
Simon
Richter
Terry

This will be an updated pixelated version of the character. Please just submit one.

Submit Music from StarTropics

You can up to 3 tracks from StarTropics but we are only accepting up to 8 of them.

Submit a Music Track from an Unrepresented Retro Series

We will be submitting up to 3 tracks from a retro series at unrepped by a character. We will be accepting also 8 tracks.​

nirvanafan

Smash Champion
Premium
Classic Marth

Based on original art for Marth from the 1st Fire Emblem game. Imagine they may borrow some elements from Young Marth in Heroes who took heavy inspiration from this design.

HM - NES Meta Knight, thought about not submitting a Fire Emblem costume for once but couldnt resist.

Last edited:

DragonRobotKing26

Smash Champion
Retro Costume: Classic Kirby

classic_kirby__outdated_v2__by_starvingcrate_deskmy0-375w-2x.png

(Art made by StarvingCrate on DeviantArt)

Yes,this costume is based on Kirby's old design on 90s games of the boxarts

Last edited:

keleyeemoh

Smash Apprentice
Sonic

We could go with his sprite from any of the Genesis-era games, but I'm personally partial to the one from Sonic 3 & Knuckles, as seen above.

GolisoPower

Smash Master
Retro Costume
1710374463153.png

Street Fighter 1 Ryu
Ryu's appearance from his very first game on arcades. For this costume, Ryu gains a white headband, red slippers, and red wavy hair that's a departure from the spiky black hair we know today.

StarTropics Music:
Dungeon - StarTropics
Boss Battle 01 - Zoda's Revenge: StarTropics II
World Theme - StarTropics

Retro Series: Battletoads
Ragnarok's Canyon - Battletoads (NES)
Enter the Battletoad - Killer Instinct (2013) (This might be cheating, lemme know)
Stage 1 - Battletoads (Arcade)

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Sorry everyone, I was super busy. Here are our costume submissions....

Classic Marth

Based on original art for Marth from the 1st Fire Emblem game. Imagine they may borrow some elements from Young Marth in Heroes who took heavy inspiration from this design.

HM - NES Meta Knight, thought about not submitting a Fire Emblem costume for once but couldnt resist.
Retro Costume: Classic Kirby

View attachment 386406

(Art made by StarvingCrate on DeviantArt)

Yes,this costume is based on Kirby's old design on 90s games of the boxarts
Bailey Suit Samus (Zero Suit Samus)

Based on Justin Bailey costume in NES Metroid.

View attachment 386430
Sonic

We could go with his sprite from any of the Genesis-era games, but I'm personally partial to the one from Sonic 3 & Knuckles, as seen above.
Retro Costume
View attachment 386459
Street Fighter 1 Ryu
Ryu's appearance from his very first game on arcades. For this costume, Ryu gains a white headband, red slippers, and red wavy hair that's a departure from the spiky black hair we know today.

StarTropics Music:
Dungeon - StarTropics
Boss Battle 01 - Zoda's Revenge: StarTropics II
World Theme - StarTropics

Retro Series: Battletoads
Ragnarok's Canyon - Battletoads (NES)
Enter the Battletoad - Killer Instinct (2013) (This might be cheating, lemme know)
Stage 1 - Battletoads (Arcade)
View attachment 386462
Fat Pikachu
This costume references Pikachu's classic "fat" look in the old Pokemon games, which was also the design he used in Smash 64 and Melee, meaning you get a two in one deal with this costume.

Strider - Step Into It
Ghost'n Goblins
I will be submitting Mario

Mushroomguy12 Mushroomguy12 , the idea was a costume based on the retro version of the character. So, technically, this wouldn't be an eligible submission as it's based on a costume of that character rather than the character itself. Therefore, I am going to just put this is as Samus instead.

Here are the lists
  • Marth
  • Kirby
  • Mega Man
  • Samus
  • Ryu
  • Pikachu
  • Wario
  • Mario
GO HERE TO VOTE

keleyeemoh

Smash Apprentice
Sorry everyone, I was super busy. Here are our costume submissions....

I will be submitting Mario

Mushroomguy12 Mushroomguy12 , the idea was a costume based on the retro version of the character. So, technically, this wouldn't be an eligible submission as it's based on a costume of that character rather than the character itself. Therefore, I am going to just put this is as Samus instead.

Here are the lists
  • Marth
  • Kirby
  • Mega Man
  • Samus
  • Ryu
  • Pikachu
  • Wario
  • Mario
GO HERE TO VOTE
You're missing Sonic.

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
thank you for the music submissions I will gfet to adding them to our main post

Sorry everyone. I will be honest but I have been so busy. I haven't been home, slept, or even ate (save for a few things here and there) due to working three jobs for the past two days. I also won't have a computer int he next few months and I can't afford one cause most of the money I make goes to paying back/erasing debt. But it feels good to be on the right track. I hope to get back in te thread but, in th enext few months, you van expect less and less updates to even me stopping the thread randomly. I forgot what we were adding (even forgot our newcomer until I checked) so I don't have any plans or anything. Even when I have free time, I have to prepare for my job to ensure it goes well. I will be gone the rest of the night but I may be back on the site tomorrow for a short time or next week.

So this next job is just.... random lol

Nintendo Retro Assist Trophy

Please submit an assist trophy based on a retro character. Please provide a detailed expalnation of the assist trophy and how it would function.

Submit Masterpieces from Retro Series

Please provide a retro game for a masterpiece. It will be the full game.​

Last edited:

GolisoPower

Smash Master
Assist Trophy:
1710548633411.png
1710548664503.png

Jason (Blaster Master)
This is an Assist Trophy with two forms: his on-foot and in-vehicle forms.
  • Vehicle: Jason will drive around, jumping and shooting with his cannon for 16% damage and strong knockback.
  • On-Foot: Jason will wander around, occasionally using his vehicle for cover while firing a shot from his gun that deals 8% damage and medium-low knockback. You defeat Jason in this form, and the Assist Trophy will end.

Masterpiece:
1710548378973.png

Shin Onigashima

Glubbfubb

Smash Champion
1710551377679.png

Sinistar
This demonic spaceship will fly around the stage erratically, colliding with any foe to deal damage and knockback, all while shouting RUN COWARD. His entire body can be damaged and knocked back, with each hit taking a piece of his body. If you manage to hit him 8 times, he will break down and become KO'd. Be careful however, as the more he is damaged the more likely he will scream BEWARE I LIVE and try to suck you into his mouth. If you are over 100%, it will be a 1HKO. Sinistar is guaranteed to perform this attack at least once when summoned, with the likelihood of him performing it again increasing should you damage him more.

DragonRobotKing26

Smash Champion
Retro Assist Trophy: CATS (Zero Wing)

images (2).png

CATS is the main villain from a Shoot em Up game called Zero Wing, he is an alien cyborg also is known by his quote who is a translate mistake, the lengendary meme "All Your Base Are Belong To Us".

CATS as an assist is he have original attacks who he don't have in his origin game, Cats could shoot lasers, create sci-fi bombs and summons other space ships,and he can be KOed

Last edited:

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Here are the results of the submissions! I apologize for dropping the ball earlier...

Name5 Points4 Points3 Points2 Points1 PointTotal
Marth01 (4)1 (3)1 (2)110
Kirby1 (5)1 (4)01 (2)011
Mega Man01 (4)01 (2)17
Samus2 (10)2 (8)00018
Ryu2 (10)01 (3)1 (2)116
Pikachu1 (5)2 (8)02 (4)017
Wario000033
Mario01 (4)4 (12)0117
Sonic1 (5)01 (3)2 (4)116

We will be accepting the top 5 submissions as we won't be including any colors. The top 5 are:

• Samus
  • Pikachu
  • Mario
  • Sonic
  • Ryu

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Here are our submissions for the Assist Trophy plus Masterpieces

Assist Trophy:
View attachment 386515View attachment 386516
Jason (Blaster Master)
This is an Assist Trophy with two forms: his on-foot and in-vehicle forms.
  • Vehicle: Jason will drive around, jumping and shooting with his cannon for 16% damage and strong knockback.
  • On-Foot: Jason will wander around, occasionally using his vehicle for cover while firing a shot from his gun that deals 8% damage and medium-low knockback. You defeat Jason in this form, and the Assist Trophy will end.

Masterpiece:
View attachment 386514
Shin Onigashima
Assist Trophy

Nester

The mascot of Nintendo Power, shows up and throws bowling balls at opponents. Also occasionally whips out an NES Zapper and shoots zapper shots like :ultduckhunt:.

View attachment 386519

Masterpiece

Golf (NES)

View attachment 386518
DragonRobotKing26 DragonRobotKing26 and Glubbfubb Glubbfubb your submission was not accepted as it was meant for be for first party. I know that it said "Nintendo" but I meant "first party". I am sorry but as I said before, I am beyond busy ands tired so I don't have m,uch time to think or plan. If you could change it by tomorrow, that would be great. I will keep submissions open and do voting tomorrow

We will be doin the next job...,,,

Submit a Mii Costume based on a FIRST PARTY!!!! Retro Costume

We will be submitting a first party retro Mii Costume for any one of our Mii Classes. This will be for all classes Brawler, Swordfighter, and Gunner. This Mii Costume will not be rendered in pixel form but will be a revamped costume.

Submit a Collectible from a First Party Retro

We will be adding the following content:
  • Festival currency
  • Pose
  • Held Item
  • Pal
  • Efect

Last edited:

Glubbfubb

Smash Champion
1710636817408.png

Wart
My alternate idea, Wart would crash from above and shoot explosive bubbles in an arch. These bubbles can contain several items that can help the summoner like plates of vegtables to eat for health, Bomb-Ombs to toss, and Turnips to snipe opponents with. Wart is completely invicible from the outside, all attacks will just bounce off him. However the summoner should be careful as the turnips Wart drops can be used by the opponents to attack Wart, just like his home game. Wart takes 8 hits from the turnip before he faints from eating so many vegtables, KOing him.

DragonRobotKing26

Smash Champion
First-Party Retro Mii Costume: Urban Champion (Brawler)

imagem_2024-03-16_211157563.png

Retro Assist Trophy (again): The Amazon (Pro Wrestling)

imagem_2024-03-16_212114706.png

The Amazon is a character from a NES game Pro Wrestling, he is a unknown monster who is on ring

The Amazon as a Assist Trophy is he can do kicks,punches and split acid at the opponents,and he can be KOed

Last edited:

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
Mii Costume

Nintendo World Champion (Gunner/Brawler)

Both iterations involve a Famicom 3D Headset as the headgear and a Nintendo World Championships T Shirt as the shirt, with NES colored grey pants. The Power Pad is worn as a cape. The Brawler version uses a Power Glove while the Gunner version uses an NES Zapper.

1710639832920.png

1710639224452.png

1710639772000.png

1710639782167.png

1710639949852.png

Currency

NES Controller

1710640521929.png

Pose

NES Fun

The Mii takes out an NES controller and NES and TV and starts playing a generic game on it.

1710640499999.png

Item

SNES Controller

1710640925474.png

Pal

Game Boy

An anthropomorphic floating Game Boy with bit sprites as the eyes.

1710640767431.png

Effect

8 Bit

Turns the Mii into an 8 Bit version of themselves.

1710640251667.png

Last edited:

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
We will be accepting Urban Champion plus the Nintendo World Championship Mii Costumes due to getting just two submissions.

Sorry I was out for most of the day but GolisoPower GolisoPower is Blaster Master first party?>

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
When I was doing this job, when I said "retro", I meant "first party retro". That is entirely on me but, honestly, I barely have th ebrain or energy capacity to keep this thing up and going.

Also, when I had us do a job about retro music, again, i meant "first party retro music" but there wasn't an bay first party retro music not submitted I know I should have said "first party retro" music but I found it funnyt no one submitted anything remotely first party even though we were submitting a first party character.

I will be honest, I am at this point where I just don't acre anymore but that is mostly just about my life. I am doing through the motions but I need to work a lot so it makes me tired and depressed. So the last thing I want to do is come here and try to explain myself or run something that is being affected by my lack of caring. I just feel numb honestly. I have maybe...5 minutes to write a prompt up for us to submit for so I hardly get time to think about it. And when I come to do it, I am exhausted mentally and physically and make subpart jobs that I honestly stopped caring about within just this past month or 2. I just don't care about life nor the happiness things brought me before. I know this si something I need to take care of but I don't ave time nor money for therapy. I am doing better than I was before though (being homeless was a low point) but I don't see an end in sight and I keep getting L after L with zero W's. Anyways, I do apologize as I am lacking as the thread runner and my involvement has become a chore. It's no ones fault but my own and I think it ihas impacted my invovlement here. I am trying to get excited and happy about the thread but my soul feels tired and dark and sometimes I feel I don't have much logner.

That being said, I will open our music submissions....

We will be submitting FIRST-PARTY Retro Music submissions from a series yet unrepresented in Smash. We are doing this because thois festival is focusing ONLY ON first-party retro series. Not third party.

Last edited:

Glubbfubb

Smash Champion
When IU was doing this job, when I said "retro", I meant "first party retro". That is entirely on me but, honestly, I barely have th ebrain or energy capacity to keep this thing up and going.

Also, when I had us do a job about retro music, again, i meant "first party retro music" but thwre wasn't anbay first party retro music not submitted I know I should have said "first party retro" music but I fo8jdn it very funny an dhilarious that no one submitted anything remotely first party even though we were submitting a first party character.

Again, I knjow that is my fault for not being specific but, lately, I just onto the computer and I typoe up a job that comes to my head and then I hit reply and don't visit until the same time the next day unless I happent o have time to check it later. I usued to be able to think of submissios and promopts and anticipate possible submissions but I don't have the energy nor care to do it. But this is being extended to many things in my life currently. I just don't care about life anymore and I am going through the motions.

We will be submitting FIRST-PARTY Retro Music submissions from a series yet unrepresented in Smash. We are doing this because thois festival is focusing ONLY ON first-party retro series. Not third party.
Um, judging by the amount of mispellings in this post, maybe you should go to bed.

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Um, judging by the amount of mispellings in this post, maybe you should go to bed.
I cleaned it up. It's tiredness but, like I said early, numbness. I do actually feel like I am losing sensation in my fingers. I am just tired all the time but I can't sleep.

DragonRobotKing26

Smash Champion
When I was doing this job, when I said "retro", I meant "first party retro". That is entirely on me but, honestly, I barely have th ebrain or energy capacity to keep this thing up and going.

Also, when I had us do a job about retro music, again, i meant "first party retro music" but there wasn't an bay first party retro music not submitted I know I should have said "first party retro" music but I found it funnyt no one submitted anything remotely first party even though we were submitting a first party character.

I will be honest, I am at this point where I just don't acre anymore but that is mostly just about my life. I am doing through the motions but I need to work a lot so it makes me tired and depressed. So the last thing I want to do is come here and try to explain myself or run something that is being affected by my lack of caring. I just feel numb honestly. I have maybe...5 minutes to write a prompt up for us to submit for so I hardly get time to think about it. And when I come to do it, I am exhausted mentally and physically and make subpart jobs that I honestly stopped caring about within just this past month or 2. I just don't care about life nor the happiness things brought me before. I know this si something I need to take care of but I don't ave time nor money for therapy. I am doing better than I was before though (being homeless was a low point) but I don't see an end in sight and I keep getting L after L with zero W's. Anyways, I do apologize as I am lacking as the thread runner and my involvement has become a chore. It's no ones fault but my own and I think it ihas impacted my invovlement here. I am trying to get excited and happy about the thread but my soul feels tired and dark and sometimes I feel I don't have much logner.

you need a therapy if you have money or you need to talk to any your family parent that you don't feel so good

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero

I really think you should seek some kind of help from friends, family, community programs, trained professionals, etc. If you're saying things like you don't think you have much longer, that's genuinely concerning from our standpoint...

Last edited:
Top Bottom