• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros. Infinite Beyond

Which Rayman stage should we include?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
Wikipedia does have some level of moderation as well and requires proper sources. It's not really just a free for all where anyone can just vandalize any page with no consequences.

Now of course, this doesn't mean it's 100% immune from mistakes and completely infallible, but there is a basic quality standard in place as well (at least relative to a lot of other places on the internet).

Last edited:

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
Look I 100% respect Venus and all but the fact that DMC is included is shaky reasoning at best. Pretend for a second that Minecraft had no rep in Smash. I bet it wouldn't be allowed in this job even though there are undead, day night cycle, the Endermen being generally disturbing all around.

This is like when Sakura first got brought up. I argued that she should've been allowed in Nintendo-adjacent third parties being that hers was the first SEGA franchise to touch a Nintendo platform, prior to them going third party.

It's inconsistent with past rulings. I want Dante in smash, but this imo ain't the way he should be getting in this project. He'll have plenty of other categories to fit more naturally in.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Look I 100% respect Venus and all but the fact that DMC is included is shaky reasoning at best. Pretend for a second that Minecraft had no rep in Smash. I bet it wouldn't be allowed in this job even though there are undead, day night cycle, the Endermen being generally disturbing all around.

This is like when Sakura first got brought up. I argued that she should've been allowed in Nintendo-adjacent third parties being that hers was the first SEGA franchise to touch a Nintendo platform, prior to them going third party.

It's inconsistent with past rulings. I want Dante in smash, but this imo ain't the way he should be getting in this project. He'll have plenty of other categories to fit more naturally in.
What would be more natural?

Granted, it’s a horror/horror related submission but, at its basis, it’s a Halloween-themed festival where Halloween-content is added.

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Submission will be done tonight by I BG any promise anything. I was going well today and pretty good overall but im back to feeling depressed again. Nothing to do with the thread but I got some really bad personal news that setting my goals back a lot.

Last edited:

darkvortex

Smash Lord
We will be moving into our next festival which is our second Halloween-based Festival

Return of the Festival of Fright

This festival will include numerous content and will run the later half of October. It will include among typical content a new newcomer. That being said...

Submit a Horror-based Newcomer Character

We will be submitting a character that comes from a Horror-based game or a game that has horror elements to it.

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
should I replace my submission if this is gonna be a issue?

I could replace him with OMORI in that case.
That would be even more controversial due to the nature of Omori.

Honestly, I want to get voting started now and I simply don't have the time to sit around and wait for people to alter submissions or voice concerns. I did indicate what would be accepted previously and the submissions were Horror games or Horror-related because, God forbid, if I limit submissions, people get upset. Someone would of gotten upset that DMC couldn't be submitted had I.

Anyways, DMC is on the wikipedia page for Horror games, it has horror elements, and it fits with our Halloween theme so I am keeping the submission and proceeding forward. I should be able to count votes tomorrow night but, if not, Sunday morning.

Also, Capybara Gaming Capybara Gaming , I am sorry i I seem rude. I am not sure if you have been active as of late but I have been having not only issues controlling depression and anger but I have fallen on hard times which has affected by financial, emotional, and mental wellbeing. I have been sorta candid about it but, seeing as how I am a mod and run this thread, I try to keep it under wraps. Tonight is not really good because I got it with some bad news that is going to affected me negatively for the unforeseeable future. I am sorry if I wrote anything that is offensive or rude to you. I know you are just being honest.

Last edited:

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
should I replace my submission if this is gonna be a issue?

I could replace him with OMORI in that case.
I mean Venus himself said DMC qualifies and several others users agree. Really only one user is raising a big stink about it (no offense), so I don't know if that warrants changing the submission.

And yeah, the replacement seems way more controversial as Venus said.

Last edited:

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Here are our submissions. As always, I do appreciate the word you all do in this thread but I do feel like I owe each and everyone of you a huge apology for being a **** sometimes and not keeping my emotions in check.

Horror-Based Newcomer: Etna (Disgaea)

View attachment 386761

Etna is the one of the main character from Disgaea, she is a demon who is probably a succubus and all-purpose leader of penguins called of Prinnies,Etna is also very closest with Laharl and Flonne.

Etna is a very known and popular character by Disgaea fans, she can a Side Character over Protagonist,cause the Protagonist is Laharl,it could be the same from Pyra & Mythra over Rex and Kazuya Mishima over Jin Kazama,the motive of i chosed a Disgaea rep is because the series have demons and Angels who can be horror elements,even the series is not a horror franchise,and Disgaea being related into Nintendo,there is a list
  • Disgaea: Hour of Darkness (DS/Switch)
  • Disgaea 4: A Promise Unforgotten (Switch)
  • Disgaea 6: Defiance of Destity (Switch)
  • Disgaea 7: Vows of The Virtueless (Switch)
  • Prinny: Can I Be Really Be The Hero? (Switch)
  • Prinny 2: Dawn of The Operation Panties, Dood! (Switch)
Also we don't have a fighter who starts with E
Frank West (Dead Rising)
View attachment 386770

While it's not the most iconic horror franchise around, Dead Rising is a largely-successful franchise from Capcom, in which the goal is to solve some sort of mystery while surviving a zombie outbreak in a localized area. Known for it's comedic combat, interesting game mechanics and well-realized world, Frank embodies what it means to evolve from an everyman into a zombie-busting hero when he's thrown into the Willamette Incident. He'd bring his camera expertise, combo weapon capability, and ingenuity to use whatever it takes to get the job done to the battlefield in Smash.
Dante (Devil May Cry)

The main character of Capcom's one of its most well-known franchise Devil May Cry. It quickly became an fan-favorite series among gaming fans due to its action, style, and fun personality within its games. Reaching an peak in popularity with the release of DMC 3. Of course, it became dorment for a while (and a not-so good attempt reboot in-between) before it became popular once more in 2019 with the release of DMC 5 with the return of Dante and his friends. The franchise had a recent good history with Nintendo when the trilogy came out on the Switch.

Alongside with Bayonetta, Dante is the face of the Hack n' Slash genre and has a good reason on why he's one of the most speculated characters for Smash Ultimate. Dante can use the Devil Trigger mechanic from his games to style on his enemies with his DT gauge and in fan movesets. Some often give him the Style Select mechanic to pull out some pretty amazing beatdown and combos on the demons he faces. Dante has so much potential for a Smash Moveset its no wonder why he is largely wanted by Smash Fans. Finally, DMC for all the games has amazing OST filled with awesome metal music that should defininty be included.

In-short, Dante and DMC are popular and beloved in general, offering cool gameplay mechanics, and awesome music. Plus, DMC has horror elements from its enemies and characters. So it fits well with the festival.
Horror Character - Scissorman

• Series: Clock Tower
  • Companies: Sunsoft (IP owner), Human Entertainment (original developer; defunct), Capcom (Clock Tower 3), WayForward (2024 Remaster)
  • First Appearance: Clock Tower (September 14th, 1995)
  • Genres: Point-and-Click Adventure, Survival Horror
  • Debut System: Super Famicom/SNES
Who is Scissorman, What is Clock Tower and Why He Deserves to Be In?

Scissorman is a reoccuring antagonist of the survival horror point-and-click adventure game series Clock Tower, in which he is a serial killer armed with a giant pair of scissor blades and often pursues his victims/prey before cutting them off. In the original game released in 1995, Bobby Barrows is the twin brother of Dan Barrows, relentlessly stalking a Norwegian teenager Jennifer Simpson as she wanders around the Barrows Mansion attempting to find her missing friends and investigate the family's demonic intentions after they were taken in by his mother Mary, having devoured the right hand of her father Walter, who assisted in his and Dan's severely deformed birth, kept alive thanks to a curse placed on the family.

Inspired by the Italian horror film director Dario Argento's works (especially 1985's Phenomena), Clock Tower has often been declared as a heavy influence of horror games for pioneering the survival horror genre before Resident Evil's release a few months later, also praised for its haunting atmosphere, graphics, story, unique gameplay and multiple endings. A updated version called "Clock Tower: The First Fear" was released in 1997 for PlayStation, Microsoft Windows and WonderSwan, with full motion video scenes and improved graphics, alongside re-releases for the Wii and Wii U Virtual Console, and PlayStation 3 through the PlayStation Network, all exclusively in Japan.

The game has achieved a few sequels such as 1996's Clock Tower 2 (or simply Clock Tower in international releases) in which five different playable characters attempt to survive the returning Scissorman and uncover the mystery behind his immortality, 1998's Clock Tower II: The Struggle Within (or Ghost Head) where Alyssa Hale tries to find out the secrets of her family's fate while being occasionally possessed by Bates, and 2002's Clock Tower 3 which focuses on Alyssa Hamilton as she travels to the 1940s and 1960s to defeat evil spirits called Entities, being part of a family lineage of female warriors. It has two spiritual successors in the form of Capcom's Haunting Ground and NightCry from a IP's creator Hifumi Kono (with Silent Hill's Masahiro Ito being the designer), and had a film adaptation announced in 2006, but was soon presumably cancelled.

In July 2023, Limited Run Games announced an enhanced version of the original SNES game for modern consoles (including Nintendo Switch) developed by WayForward, with new features like an animated opening, motion-comic cutscenes, save states, localized languages, a vocal song by Mary McGlynn (of Silent Hill fame) and many others, scheduled to be released internationally for the first time ever outside Japan this year.

What Would He Bring In and How He Plays?

Around Young Link's size and living up to his infamously feared name, Scissorman wields his signature large scissors as a melee weapon, capable of performing attacks like swinging, stabbing, cutting and snipping, maybe even leaping similarly to a pool scene and falling downwards with closed scissors like when he killed Anne through the ceiling. Despite usually holding them with both hands, Bobby can perform actions like climbing ladders while carrying it by only one. He may even have a unique grab animation where an opponent attempts to hold back his scissors by either pushing back with their hands or locking their own weapon, either strangling or impaling them for throws, based on Jennifer struggling against him before being knocked on the floor.

For his special moves, Scissorman would be able to perform a strong scissor cut that can break shields when fully charged as he opens it wide (otherwise, he'll do quick snips that deal small flinching damage), vanishing before stabbing downwards to spike opponents beneath him (incorporating him appearing anywhere in random instances like a typical slasher), hiding inside a wooden box before popping out for a counter attack when hit, sending a cursed doll (that resembles Chinatsu Takano) as she runs forward while stabbing anyone, a parrot that pesters an opponent which leaves them in a stunned state, dropping down a chandelier from few feet in front of him that'll be useful to get opponents off ledges, grabs onto the pole of a bladed pendulum as it swings in an arc for recoveries (inspired by one scene in Clock Tower 3) and throwing ham to summon his starving father who gnaws upon pouncing on a sticked opponent.

Scissorman's Final Smash could either be a recreation of the infamous car ending as an opponent escapes from the mansion in a generic 1980's car (though some has unique models like Blue Falcon and Morgana's bus form) and he leaps out from the backseat (instantly KO'ing at over 100%, with a "DEAD END" screen being shown alongside a Star KO scream when finishing the match), or summoning Dan Barrows from a curtain as he jumps up to crush opponents and swings his arms around, dealing massive damage before vanishing away (unless he becomes an Assist Trophy).

For his animations, Bobby would showcase his playful behavior like jumping up in joy (one of the taunts), cutting a mannequin's head off and watching cartoons on a TV set while rocking in a chair (potential victory pose?). His home stage would be the eponymous clock tower which is part of Barrows Mansion, complete with constantly moving hands that also function as platforms and a thunder storm as the hazard that also makes platforms wet and slippery, potentially with music even from Haunting Ground as well.
I will be doing two submissions because I have one I want to give and I want your feedback if you think this would be permissible as I am on the fence. If I don't get any responses, I will probably use my backup.

Alice
American McGee's Alice/Madness Returns
Alice Liddell is the star of American McGee's Alice/Alice: Madness Returns. Alice is a young woman who is plagued with trauma due to the death of her family in a fire. Induced by her trauma, she has fallen into Wonderland which has been twisted and perverted. Alice would have unique abilities in the form of mundane weapons which takes on a nightmarish quality to them. This could be particularly fun as we could pull from the series but even create our own. While Alice and her series isn't extremely noteworthy, it is one that was successful with high scores and commercial successes when released. Sadly, American McGee has shown zero interest in continuing the series despite a rather successful Kickstarter campaign. This greatly hurts Alice chances but including her might be a nice nod to the story of Alice, to the legacy the game created, while also providing a different take to the horror genre. In addition, in terms of a gimmick, we could utilize her ability to shrink which is something we do not have in Smash.

Now, the one thing I think is holding the character back is the fact Alice isn't technically from a gaming series but, rather, a story. We did allow Witcher content to be submitted so I am more than fine with this but I want to get your thoughts on this. Do you think Alice is ok to be submitted??

If not....

I do have a submission in mind which I will post before submissions are done.
Super Smash Bros. Infinite Beyond
Chapter IX
DEAD BY DAYLIGHT
View attachment 386787
The Trapper is the cover character of the prominent asymettrical survival horror video game, Dead By Daylight. In it, four players are Survivors playing against a Killer whose job is to sacrifice them to an all-powerful Entity. Killers can range from original creations such as The Oni, The Singularity and The Unknown (Not to be confused with the A.I.-generated Willy Wonka character), but they've had their fair share of guest characters such as Pyramid Head, Michael Myers and Xenomorph. One might say that Dead By Daylight is the Super Smash Bros. of the horror community.

In Smash, the Trapper would be a hybrid of Snake and Ike, combining terrifying stage control tactics with brutal weapon swings for burst damage. Many stages can include the MacMillan Estate, The Campfire or Greenville, whereas there's potential for new items such as Dull Totems and Fog Tonics while and Assist Trophies for characters such as the Knight, the Dredge and the Nurse.
Jesse Faden (CONTROL)

Jesse Faden is the protagonist of Control, a 2019 game by Remedy. It is an action-packed third person shooter with horror elements, it is basically an SCP game and it is also in the same universe as Alan Wake, a definite horror game. Control is on the Switch, although it is a Cloud version.

In terms of gameplay Jesse is armed with her Service Weapon, a gun that has multiple different firing modes and she can wield the powers of various Objects Of Power like the Benicoff TV which allows her to levitate and, most importantly, the Floppy Disk which can allow her to control objects and throw them.
Morrigan (Darkstalkers)

Morrigan is from the Darkstalkers franchise, and has quickly become the Captain Falcon of Capcom VS games, a character that has become even more popular than her series. Among the Capcom characters that appear throughout their crossover games, Morrigan is practically a mainstay, being one of the most prominently occurring characters alongside Ryu and Chun-Li. She would be perfect to represent Halloween as a vampire character with a heavy association with bats and would bring an interesting moveset that has been well established throughout countless games.

View attachment 386791
Monika (DDLC)

Not sure she is eligible due to being a from a small/indie series that went viral several years ago. If not no big deal. Game does have a cult following & saw a rerelease on switch. Think she could be interesting utilizing glitch based moves & elements from the games poems & visual novels in general. Also think its kind of a fun fact that the series creator was a competitive Smash player & can imagine that being mentioned in her Sakurai Presents.
View attachment 386808
Alan Wake
Alan Wake's remaster got ported to the switch, and other Remedy games such as Control and Max Payne have appeared on Nintendo platforms. Alan also appeared in both Fortnite and Dead By Daylight so he's no stranger to crossovers.

In the first game, Alan Wake is a bestselling crime novelist who is trying to mystery behind his wife's disappearance in the town of Bright Falls, while also discovering why his own novels seem to be coming to life. The sequel focuses on Alan attempting to escape the alternate dimension he's been trapped in for 13 years by using his novels to reach out to FBI agent Saga Anderson.

Alan might not seen like much of a fighting game ready character at first glance but I think you could make it work. He would have his gun, his flashlight which he could use to stun his foes, and the reality warping powers from his home game. A Bright Falls stage that deals between realities would also be really interesting. Plus fighting to Herald of Darkness would be epic.

Alan Wake 2 was super well received at the Game Awards and was considered one off he best games of last year. I think this would be a surprise pick but one that would be received welly by fans.

Yuri Kozukata (Fatal Frame)
Yuri Kozukata is the central protagonist of the fifth game in the Fatal Frame series, Fatal Frame: Maiden of Black Water. She is a 19-year-old woman who survived a car accident that killed her whole family; because of the accident, she developed a "Sixth Sense." This ability allows her to see ghosts.

The Fatal Frame series has a long history on Nintendo platforms and is even co-owned with Tecmo Koei. Maiden of Black Water is one of the most popular games in the series. Yuri even appears in Smash Ultimate as an AT. She could have other female leads from the Fatal Frame series as alt costumes.

She would mainly use the Camera Obscura in her moveset. She could could use it to stun and grow fighters and even summon ghosts to attack for her.
So FNAF is ineligible for this job, so I guess I'm gonna have to go with a different Indie Horror rep to submit. Luckily, I know JUST the guy...

Horror Newcomer: Bendy (Bendy and the Ink Machine)
View attachment 386817
Bendy is the titular character and mascot of the Bendy series of games, the first of which (Bendy and the Ink Machine) was ported to Switch back in the day and saw a bit of a resurgence thanks to the long awaited sequel Bendy and the Dark Revival finally releasing. A cartoon devil created by animation studio Joey Drew Studios, Bendy was eventually brought to life by the company's namesake founder Joey Drew via a device known simply as the Ink Machine. However, as this is a horror game, it should come as no surprise that things... didn't go well after that. Fast-forward 30 years later, and Bendy (now known as the Ink Demon) wanders the remains of the once great Joey Drew Studios, hunting down anything foolish enough to trespass on his domain. For Smash, I imagine that he would have a moveset based around the fact that he is made of ink, like being able to morph is body to varying degrees depending on the move used. Additionally, his "Ink Demon" form would have to be included in some capacity, most likely as part of his Final Smash.
  • Etna (Disgaea
  • Frank West (Dead Rising)
  • Dante (Devil May Cry)
  • Scissorman (Clock Tower)
  • Alice (Alice)
  • Trapper (Dead by Daylight)
  • Jeese Fanden (Control)
  • Morrigan (Darkstalkers)
  • Monika (Doki Doki Literature Club)
  • Alan Wake (Alan Wake)
  • Yuri Kozukata (Fatal Frame)
  • Bendy (Bendy and the Ink Machine)
PLEASE CLICK HERE TO VOTE

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
As we vote, we will be moving to our Return of the Festival of Fright jobs....

Submit an Original Item that is Horror Themed

We will be submitting an item that has an horror theme that is original to Smash. This item will be made available for free upon updating. While it is an original item, of course, we need to keep in appropriate and within our age range so nothing grotesque or gory. Please give an explanation of the item along with it's name,

Submit an Airship or Speeder

Here were our precious ones we submitted:
  • Airships
    • Corviknight (Pokemon)
    • Headless Coachmen
    • Haunted House
  • Speeders
    • Ghost Ride (Mario)

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
Item

Pumpkin Bomb

1711158203695.png

Pumpkin shaped bomb that can be pickup up and thrown, once it lands it beeps 3 times before exploding, launching 5 pumpkin seeds in various directions that can damage opponents.

Airship

Candy Ship

An airship composed entirely of candy, the favorite treat to enjoy on Halloween. The wooden base of the ship is replaced with chocolate bars, the outer coating is lined with licorice and hard candy. Gummy bears serve as the operators and the ship's exhaust outputs caramel. The propellers are made of taffy.

1711157884897.png

Speeder

Poltergeist 4000 (Mario)

Poltergust 4000 from Mario Kart Tour

GolisoPower

Smash Master
Item:
1711158068353.png

Hannya Mask
A transformation item. In Smash, when a fighter puts on the Hannya Mask, they get quicker start-up and 1.2x damage to normals, but more endlag on whiff.

Speeder
1711158161105.png

Night Parade of 100 Demons

"Airship"
1711158237987.png

Nether Portal

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
That would be even more controversial due to the nature of Omori.

Honestly, I want to get voting started now and I simply don't have the time to sit around and wait for people to alter submissions or voice concerns. I did indicate what would be accepted previously and the submissions were Horror games or Horror-related because, God forbid, if I limit submissions, people get upset. Someone would of gotten upset that DMC couldn't be submitted had I.

Anyways, DMC is on the wikipedia page for Horror games, it has horror elements, and it fits with our Halloween theme so I am keeping the submission and proceeding forward. I should be able to count votes tomorrow night but, if not, Sunday morning.

Also, Capybara Gaming Capybara Gaming , I am sorry i I seem rude. I am not sure if you have been active as of late but I have been having not only issues controlling depression and anger but I have fallen on hard times which has affected by financial, emotional, and mental wellbeing. I have been sorta candid about it but, seeing as how I am a mod and run this thread, I try to keep it under wraps. Tonight is not really good because I got it with some bad news that is going to affected me negatively for the unforeseeable future. I am sorry if I wrote anything that is offensive or rude to you. I know you are just being honest.
I'm not that tore up about it, you didn't offend me and I'm sorry if I offended you in some way. I just feel like if you're gonna set a theme for a character submission that's hyperfocused on something and not meant to cast a wide net you should double down on it.

While I didn't mention it, I would absolutely have thrown Etna into the same boat. Disgaea, DMC, and SMT are not horror-related, I wouldn't even quantify them horror-adjacent. DMC equivacally cannot be horror because at no point do you ever feel Dante (the dancing, pizza-eating, smart-aleck badass) is in danger because you knows he's just awesome. DMC is a fantasy franchise. You might be able to quantify it as dark fantasy, but it's not horror.

Dante could fit in so many other categories.
Capcom Character
Playstation-Associated Character
Sixth-Gen Character
Swordsman
Gunner
Stance-Change Character
Flashy Character
Fantasy Character

Compare that to like, Scissorman, Yuri, Alice, Trapper - This is basically their only shot, but Dante is so popular in comparison that he's all but guaranteed to take the slot.

DragonRobotKing26

Smash Champion
i'll give my discussion about the characters

Etna-starting my submission and the fist one, for me Etna is a great pick,she is not the most voted character but for me is a great pick, and if she won,i think that Prinnies can appears as a taunt or in victory animation similar to Hero and/or part of her moveset, because Prinny is the mascot of the series,as i said she can be Side Over Protagonist character as the other characters where i said,even Disgaea is not a horror franchise,it could be a great addiction of have a new rep of a new company who is not in Smash,and for add a character for who is not in the roster in alphabetical order (i mean,we don't have a fighter who starts with E)

Frank West-well,he is not my great pick,but...that okay,Frank appeared in Project X Zone and Marvel VS Capcom 3,but Capcom is having too much reps,it's going to be so saturated

Dante-now the icon of Hack N Slash alongside with Kratos, Dante is a very excellent pick and the most requested,we already have various characters who was in Death Battle (Doom Slayer, Master Chief, Agumon, Crash, Leon, Pokémon Trainer, Ratchet & Clank, Sub-Zero, Shadow and Sol Badguy also are in Death Battle) (that was kinda useless thing,but for me was interesting), also it could be great of have one more demon killer,we have Doom Slayer and why not one more demon killer,but...it could be the same from Frank West, Capcom is having too much reps

Scissorman-Clock Tower is a biggest horror classic,same on Alone In The Dark and these one who are in Smash,Resident Evil and Silent Hill,that's a interesting and good pick,but not so popular,but for me is just...meh

Alice-is the first time i see an EA Games rep and a public domain character being requested in Smash,that's a good choice of have a public domain character,Dracula is public domain by his Castlevania version and but Alice who could be a playable character is very great,and a EA Games rep i was excepting like Need For Speed, Apex Legends, Battlefield and others in Smash Infinite Beyond,and i know that Isaac Clarke is added as Mii Costume

Trapper-ooh,a Dead By Daylight rep is could be interesting,and Trapper is okay,also it could be good Jill or Leon fight against Trapper

Jesse Faden-the main protagonist of Control is....a whatever pick,is not good and is not bad,and i didn't knew that her game was for Switch,but she is a not good interesting pick,sorry

Morrigan-yeah...that iconic succubus from Darkstalkers and the Captain Falcon of VS Capcom games,she is a interesting pick,and Darkstalkers fits very well with Halloween-theme as a rep,but it could be the same from Frank and Dante,Capcom have too much reps (Fun Fact: did you know that Succubus represented in media was started by Morrigan?)

Monika-now is the turn of Anime girl who did broke and disconstructed the visual novel genre,well she is a good picks for Smash, DDLC Plus was in Switch,she in Smash i could comparing her with Deadpool on Marvel VS Capcom 3,because i think that her victory animations,Monika will break the fourth wall and she will be Wii Fit Trainer-like on attacks,would be interesting

Alan Wake-hmm....i don't what i'll say about Alan Wake,it's a good pick,but kinda....meh for me

Yuri Kozutaka-Fatal Frame is very good pick,but on my opinion,Yuri works better as an assist trophy than a fighter

Bendy-that was a surprise of have a Mascot Horror rep being submitted in Smash Infinite,even that there's people who hates it,as the case of that trash "game series" called Garden of Bambam,but it's okay Bendy in Smash Infinite,it could be great and nostalgic for me

Last edited:

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
I'm not that tore up about it, you didn't offend me and I'm sorry if I offended you in some way. I just feel like if you're gonna set a theme for a character submission that's hyperfocused on something and not meant to cast a wide net you should double down on it.

While I didn't mention it, I would absolutely have thrown Etna into the same boat. Disgaea, DMC, and SMT are not horror-related, I wouldn't even quantify them horror-adjacent. DMC equivacally cannot be horror because at no point do you ever feel Dante (the dancing, pizza-eating, smart-aleck badass) is in danger because you knows he's just awesome. DMC is a fantasy franchise. You might be able to quantify it as dark fantasy, but it's not horror.

Dante could fit in so many other categories.
Capcom Character
Playstation-Associated Character
Sixth-Gen Character
Swordsman
Gunner
Stance-Change Character
Flashy Character
Fantasy Character

Compare that to like, Scissorman, Yuri, Alice, Trapper - This is basically their only shot, but Dante is so popular in comparison that he's all but guaranteed to take the slot.
If I keep it too hyper focused, people get upset and complain about not being able to submit a character they like this unable to participate. So I need to keep it focused to an extent that it keeps it narrowed down but open to the extent that allows for numerous submissions.

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
I know some have expressed concerns about too much Capcom, but I think there's a good reason for that. The company is essentially the 3rd Party company equivalent to what Mario and Pokemon are for 1st Party franchises, in terms of how many excellent characters there are to choose from. Even after adding so many picks from Capcom, we still have so many excellent choices left, Morrigan, Dante, Chun-Li, Monster Hunter, Amaterasu, etc. I don't think there's another 3rd Party that comes close, sure there are multiple great picks from Sega, Namco, and Square Enix, but none can touch Capcom in just the rich buffet of selections that are offered, precisely since the company is known for their fighting crossovers, they just have so many franchises and beloved A-tier characters to choose from.

I honestly think Capcom because of this should have a shorter cool down period between eligibility of characters as was extended to Mario in the original thread, because of those circumstances specifically.

I mean, even in the real Smash games, Capcom was literally the very first 3rd Party company to have multiple 3rd Party characters added, and it was only the second 3rd Party company to have a "2nd rep" in Ken added to one of its franchises in Ultimate. That alone says a lot.

Last edited:

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
I know some have expressed concerns about too much Capcom, but I think there's a good reason for that. The company is essentially the 3rd Party company equivalent to what Mario and Pokemon are for 1st Party franchises, in terms of how many excellent characters there are to choose from. Even after adding so many picks from Capcom, we still have so many excellent choices left, Morrigan, Dante, Chun-Li, Monster Hunter, Amaterasu, etc. I don't think there's another 3rd Party that comes close, sure there are multiple great picks from Sega, Namco, and Square Enix, but none can touch Capcom in just the rich buffet of selections that are offered, precisely since the company is known for their fighting crossovers, they just have so many franchises and beloved A-tier characters to choose from.

I honestly think Capcom because of this should have a shorter cool down period between eligibility of characters as was extended to Mario in the original thread, because of those circumstances specifically.

I mean, even in the real Smash games, Capcom was literally the very first 3rd Party company to have multiple 3rd Party characters added, and it was only the second 3rd Party company to have a "2nd rep" in Ken added to one of its franchises in Ultimate. That alone says a lot.
If a Capcom character does get in, we will put caps up on the company for Season 3 but, yeah, we will have a smaller cooldown time especially give the picks that are currently available. To date, our current Capcomr roster is:

• Megaman
  • Roll
  • Ryu
  • Ken
  • Jill
  • Leon
  • Phoenix
This is not a huge amount and still within a realistic frame if you consider how bloated the roster currently is. Infinite Beyond is more so looking at characters that might not have neccesarily made the first cut but still interesting but it does feel odd if certain names are not available in the roster.... but we aren't ticking off boxes either to fulfill requests.

Last edited:

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
PLEASE CLICK HERE TO VOTE

I will say we have a sizeable lead between a number of characters and, while I could end it now without a run-off poll, I want to ensure all participants are able to vote. We have seen record low numbers in terms of voters for newcomers and I attribute that to decrease in both site traffic as well as declining interest in the thread as we a whole. We have a handful of active threads in Smashboards Creates which could also be a reason. Overall, a general decrease in traffic following Ultimate's final DLC content.

DragonRobotKing26

Smash Champion
let's count how many reps does the 3rd party companies are in Smash Infinite Beyond

Konami: 3 (Snake, Simon and Richter)
Sega: 7 (Sonic, Bayonetta, Jeanne, Joker, Dr. Eggman, Sakura and Shadow)
Capcom: 7 (Mega Man, Roll, Ryu, Ken, Jill, Leon, Phoenix Wright)
Bandai Namco: 8 (Pac-Man, Ms. Pac-Man, Kazuya, Jin, Agumon, Lloyd, Nightmare, Klonoa)
Square Enix: 7 (Cloud, Hero, Sephiroth, Sora, Lara Croft, Geno, 2B)
Microsoft: 5 (Banjo & Kazooie, Steve, Crash, Doom Slayer, Master Chief)
SNK: 3 (Terry, Rock, Iori)
Platinum Games: 3 (Bayonetta, Jeanne, Officer Howard)
Sony: 1 (Ratchet & Clank)
Warner Bros. Games: 1 (Sub-Zero)
Team Shangai Alice: 1 (Reimu)
Supergiant Games: 1 (Zagreus)
Arc System Works: 1 (Sol)
Rovio: 1 (Red)
Riot Games: 1 (Ahri)
WayForward: 1 (Shantae)
Toby Fox: 1 (Sans)
PopCap: 1 (Crazy Dave)

this list is about characters who have current companies, i know that Joker is from Atlus, Crazy Dave is from EA Games who PopCap was bought, Crash is from Actvision, Rovio was bought by Sega, Banjo & Kazooie is from Rare and others things that i didn't said

Last edited:

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
That is a good list, thank you DragonRobotKing26 DragonRobotKing26

Perhaps focusing on Konami in the future is in order but also newer companies that Infinite brought in.

While it is a bit early, I will be releasing our votes in the next hour or so. This is because I will be busy tonight and possibly tomorrow.

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
let's count how many reps does the companies are in Smash Infinite Beyond

Bandai Namco: 8 (Pac-Man, Ms. Pac-Man, Kazuya, Jin, Agumon, Lloyd, Nightmare, Klonoa)

this list is about characters who have current companies, i know that Joker is from Atlus, Crazy Dave is from EA Games who PopCap was bought, Crash is from Actvision, Rovio was bought by Sega, Banjo & Kazooie is from Rare and others things that i didn't said
Nintendo owns Astral Chain, and SEGA owns Bayonetta

HyperSomari64

Smash Master
let's count how many reps does the companies are in Smash Infinite Beyond

Square no longer owns Tomb Raider. It's now at Embracer Group

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Here are the results of voting! Thank you everyone for your submissions and taking the time to vote!

Here are the results!

NameTotal
Etna6
Frank West17
Dante27
Scissorman17
Alice15
Trapper18
Jeese8
Morrigan40
Monika17
Alan Wake21
Yuri25
Bendy15

MORRIGAN is Summoned into Smash!

Morrigan marks her placement in the roster as one of the Capcom characters; hailing from the dark realm known as Darkstalkers. She clinched her way into victory by nabbing three 5 point votes, four 4 point votes, and two 3 point votes which, to me, solidified her win even if it was a contested win. While Dante trailed behind, he lost by more than 10 points. It was interesting that Yuri and Alan Wake most performed well as well. Morrigan also marks the second assist trophy promotion after Mike Jones but also as the first third party character to get such a promotion!

Name5 Points4 Points3 Points2 Points1 PointTotal
Etna1 (5)00016
Frank West3 (15)001 (2)017
Dante3 (15)02 (6)3 (6)027
Scissorman2 (10)1 (4)00317
Alice01 (4)2 (6)2 (4)115
Trapper03 (12)1 (3)1 (2)118
Jesse002 (6)1 (2)08
Morrigan3 (15)4 (16)2 (6)1 (2)140
Monika02 (8)2 (6)0317
Alan Wake1 (5)1 (4)2 (6)3 (6)021
Yuri1 (5)2 (8)2 (6)2 (4)225
Bendy1 (5)1 (4)02 (4)215

We will be commencing character related jobs in a little bit. I will be away from the site for the next few hours but ping me if there is an issue.

Last edited:

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
My submission won.....

It's nice to finally have a 3rd Party female fighting game character, we had like 10 males and no females, and even when you count 1st Party, Min-Min was the only female (and some would consider ARMS to be in a different category than the traditional fighting game). I figured either Morrigan or Chun-Li would be perfect to be the first one to break this streak. (Also likely were DOA Kasumi or Samurai Shodown Nakoruru).

Last edited:

GolisoPower

Smash Master
...ohhhh, nice! Fun stuff here! Welp, better research into making Morrigan's kit.

Last edited:

DragonRobotKing26

Smash Champion
I was questioning of who will won,Dante or Morrigan,and Morrigan won,now i will questioning of how Morrigan will be censored,because Smash is for boys and girls

nirvanafan

Smash Champion
Premium
this one was really surprising, think i put Morrigan as my top pick but didnt think she would be close let alone solidy win, she beat some big names too

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
I was questioning of who will won,Dante or Morrigan,and Morrigan won,now i will questioning of how Morrigan will be censored,because Smash is for boys and girls
Morrigan was previously an Assist Trophy so it wouldn't be that big of an issue.

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
And we voted to add Mai Shiranui to the King of Fighters Stage in the original Infinite with a slightly more appropriate outfit.

Really not a problem, if Pyra/Mythra, Bayonetta, and Casual Outfit Zero Suit Samus can be appropriate, Morrigan is fine. Even disregarding that, we can just pretend CERO isn't as strict in this universe.

Last edited:

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
We will begin submitting a gameplay analysis of Morrigan. For prior fighting game characters, we included both directional specials but also command inputs for those Specials...

Submit Morrigan Moveset

We will be adding a moveset for Morrigan which includes Specials. When submitting a Special, please provide the directional input but also the command input fir the character. When submitting, please keep this in mind. A Back Special is permitted but not required for this character. If you have a gimmick/mechanic to submit, you may do so and we will factor this into the character's toolkit. Please consult Morrigan's wikia page for Darkstalkers here.

GolisoPower

Smash Master
Neutral Special (:GCD::GCDR::GCR::GCB:/:GCU::GCUR::GCR::GCB:): Soul Fist
1711249477400.png

Morrigan assumes a Buster Wolf-style stance and fires a skull projectile in an identical manner to the Hadouken. This deals 7% damage and low knockback on the light version, but like with Ryu & Ken, this deals incrementally more damage and travels faster, by 0.5% each, with the input version aimed upwards. If used in the air, Morrigan will fire the Soul Fist at a downward angle for the same damage and knockback.

Down Special (:GCL::GCDL::GCD::GCDR::GCR::GCB:): Vector Drain
1711250862028.png

A command grab where Morrigan flies upwards near the top of the blastline before smashing them down into the ground, dealing 14% damage and medium-high knockback. The strength of the attack determines how far the attack goes and how much damage she deals, but the input version has her leaping diagonally upwards for anti-air situations.

Last edited:
Top Bottom