• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros. Infinite Project (Finally Finished!???)

Which title should we use?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I do want to point everyones attention to the front page. I am have been working steadily on getting content onto there with the aim of getting most of what we have done. It's a work in progress but one I feel like is coming along nicely.
Yeah, we need to get up and keep working. We're collaborating each other to make the Best Game of Smash's history. Even we have Tripping and Wavedashing, so it could be fun for Everyone, even for Babies.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Yeah, we need to get up and keep working. We're collaborating each other to make the Best Game of Smash's history. Even we have Tripping and Wavedashing, so it could be fun for Everyone, even for Babies.
We don’t have tripping.

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
Sorry guys, but Tekken Bob and Sol Badguy have been passed in favor of Evil Mario from the hit, eastern, fighting game, Super Fighter M. Technically, he's first party, but I think we can break that rule for Evil Mario.

Cry about it.
If I had a nickel for every time I actively wanted to see Nintendo sue somebody, I'd have three nickels. Which isn't a lot, but it's weird that its happened three times now.

AlphaSSB

Bring Back Star Fox
3DS FC
0018-1370-8449
Switch FC
0691-1639-9303
Been quite a while since I last contributed to this thread, but I've got something this time. I've been sitting on a few custom made palette swaps for Wolf (And other characters), so figure I'd share a few. I'll officially submit five, but I posted an album full on the Discord if anyone's interested. Feedback is welcome.
BRAWL.png
Based on Wolf's appearance in Super Smash Bros. Brawl.
REF1.png
ANDROSS.png
Based on Andross's humanoid form from his appearance in Star Fox Zero.
REF2.png
LEON.png
Based on Leon Powalski's appearance from Star Fox: Assault.
REF3.png
PANTHER.png
Based on Panther Caroso's appearance in Star Fox: Assault.
1635195751395.png
WOLFEN.png
Based on the Wolfen from Star Fox Zero.
1635195781900.png
EDIT: If I'm only allowed to officially submit one, I'll go with the Brawl palette. Other users are welcome to resubmit the others, or submit other works from the album. As long as I am given credit for the art. Thrilled you all seem to like them!

Last edited:

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Been quite a while since I last contributed to this thread, but I've got something this time. I've been sitting on a few custom made palette swaps for Wolf (And other characters), so figure I'd share a few. I'll officially submit five, but I posted an album full on the Discord if anyone's interested. Feedback is welcome.
View attachment 335716Based on Wolf's appearance in Super Smash Bros. Brawl.
View attachment 335721
View attachment 335717Based on Andross's humanoid form from his appearance in Star Fox Zero.
View attachment 335723
View attachment 335718Based on Leon Powalski's appearance from Star Fox: Assault.
View attachment 335724
View attachment 335719Based on Panther Caroso's appearance in Star Fox: Assault.
View attachment 335725
View attachment 335720Based on the Wolfen from Star Fox Zero.
View attachment 335726
Don't we usually only allow one per user? That being said, these are rad

SharkLord

Smash Hero
A bit late to the overall discussion, but I'm in the camp that says memey submissions that don't have any major push going for them will usually filter themselves out and are ultimately harmless. I admittedly have been dropping off this thread lately and should probably start trying to pay more attention, but I think it's fun to see what weird and wacky picks people end up submitting, even if I don't actually vote for them.
Thank you Tekken Bob for absorbing most of the ire that would've gone to Merkava.

Your sacrifice will be in vain.
Saying "Your sacrifice will be in vain" is honestly really funny and I don't know why. Maybe it's the fact that your profile is half of greyscale Chris Pratt

Glubbfubb

Smash Champion
I dont know what's going on but I would like to say that as long as the fighter has merit to multiple people I can see then in smash

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Name3 Points2 Points1 PointTotal
Ragna the Blood Edge04 (8)19
Bob1 (3)014
Merkava01 (2)35
Heihachi Mishima1 (3)2 (4)310
Kasumi2 (6)2 (4)111
Sol Badguy6 (18)0321
Asuka Kazuma1 (3)036
Iori Yagami5 (15)6 (12)127
Nightmare4 (12)3 (6)119
Sophia Alexandra0000
Geese Howard1 (3)4 (8)415
Acrueid Brunsteid1 (3)1 (2)16
Noelle Vermillion0011

We have our winner! While this round was heavily contested, both during the initial prompt and the voting periods, we have a clear winner!!
That one character that Sakurai likes…what’s his name…
Sol Badguy had put up a huge fight and I feel like this amazing showing (I think he scored the most three points in any voti period) shows that he is a HUGE contender for our DLC seasons. Iori will bring with him King of Fighters which will grandfather in the KoF spirits including Kula Diamond that we added earlier as well as the King of Fighters stadium! We will be adding in a few stage for Terry as a result.

Stay tuned for our next job!!!!

Last edited:

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
As mentioned in the announcement post, we will be taking King of Fighters and any related material music, spirit and costumes and putting them into the King of Fighters universe. They will be two distinct universes. So we will eventually decide on Fatal Fury content to add so you can look forward to that.

GolisoPower

Smash Master
Well, damn. I kinda expected Iori to come out on top, but DAMN, I didn't think he'd get this many far as votes go.

...now I just remembered how people were scared of MAX Mode being a thing in Smash before Terry's gameplay was revealed. It was already a nightmare in Tekken with Geese, now we have Iori coming into Smash Infinite with MAX combos for days.

Last edited:

ivanlerma

Smash Champion
Name3 Points2 Points1 PointTotal
Ragna the Blood Edge04 (8)19
Bob1 (3)014
Merkava01 (2)35
Heihachi Mishima1 (3)2 (4)310
Kasumi2 (6)2 (4)111
Sol Badguy6 (18)0321
Asuka Kazuma1 (3)036
Iori Yagami5 (15)6 (12)127
Nightmare4 (12)3 (6)119
Sophia Alexandra0000
Geese Howard1 (3)4 (8)415
Acrueid Brunsteid1 (3)1 (2)16
Noelle Vermillion0011

We have our winner! While this round was heavily contested, both during the initial prompt and the voting periods, we have a clear winner!!
That one character that Sakurai likes…what’s his name…
Sol Badguy had put up a huge fight and I feel like this amazing showing (I think he scored the most three points in any voti period) shows that he is a HUGE contender for our DLC seasons. Iori will bring with him King of Fighters which will grandfather in the KoF spirits including Kula Diamond that we added earlier as well as the King of Fighters stadium! We will be adding in a few stage for Terry as a result.

Stay tuned for our next job!!!!
Asuka tied to Acruid with 6, That's not too bad but not too good either.

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Job #201: Submit a Blonde, fat, American Character from a Fighting Game

Job #201: Submit a Fire Emblem Newcomer
Yes, it’s that time. It’s time to end our launch roster. Indeed. This is our final character until we finally launch Smash Infinite. This December, it will be a full year since I started it. It’s been quite the year and during it will included tons of characters; some made perfect sense like Isaac, Octoling, Jill, and Officer Howard. Others didn’t make a lot of sense but they still one and people liked them such as Crazy Dave, Marin, and Barista. We saw fighters come and go like Maxwell, Cinderace, Rayman, and more only to fall by the wayside via assist trophy or Mii costume. We didn’t include some who thought was a shoe-in like a Galar starter or the Ring Fit Trainer.

It’s all come to this moment…a Fire Emblem moment.

Yea, saving the best for last! It’s not a Smash game without a new FE character and, as history has told us, we need one to be a true Smash game.

So, who can be submitted?

We would ideally prefer lords and/or protagonists who represent the series and whose inclusion would be make sense in the roster. This character will come after Iori in the roster and before our first DLC character. Now…for a few things…

Lyndis is ineligible as she is a Mii Costume as is Gatekeeper. Sateth is also ineligible as he is an Assist Trophy.

While I do understand certain…entertaining characters may seem like a fun addition but let’s try to end the roster on a good note. This character will come to represent the launch roster and will be the last face fans see before launch.

As always, please submit the character, game they are from, and a reason why they should be included.

As for our newcomer, we will jump into content related to them once we compile the submissions and put them into voting form.

Last edited:

SharkLord

Smash Hero
At long last, the fabled Fire Emblem job. Time to submit an offbeat character who most likely won't get voted in, but who cares it's fun

Anyways before the job actually starts and since I've said something relevant, how would people feel about a community-creation thread like this one, but for a fantasy worldbuilding project? I've floated it up on the Discord already, but I feel like it might get more attention here and I want to gauge interest before I start anything

Yiptap

Smash Lord
At long last, the fabled Fire Emblem job. Time to submit an offbeat character who most likely won't get voted in, but who cares it's fun

Anyways before the job actually starts and since I've said something relevant, how would people feel about a community-creation thread like this one, but for a fantasy worldbuilding project? I've floated it up on the Discord already, but I feel like it might get more attention here and I want to gauge interest before I start anything
Could you elaborate? I probably won't be a regular, but I'd still like to check in from time to time.

GolisoPower

Smash Master
I'm gonna be on Wario3's ****list for the FE character I'm choosing, but...

Job 201:
1635210038136.png

Kiran:
Kiran is the player avatar of the mobile game Fire Emblem Heroes, which is listed as Nintendo's highest-grossing mobile game, surpassing other Nintendo mobile games like Mario Kart Tour, Dr. Mario World, and even heavy-hitter Dragalia Lost. In the game, Kiran is a summoner, a character who conjures Heroes from across the Fire Emblem franchise to fight alongside him. In the game, Kiran uses something rather special. Remember this item from that job a while back?:
1635210218228.png

This is the Breidablik, a magical handgun that he uses to summon Heroes, which range from the spear-toting ice princess Fjorm...
1635210273821.png

...to the Askr Prince Alfonse...
1635210312530.png

...to even the FE characters we have in Smash already. In Smash Infinite, this is already an item, so this puts Kiran at an uneasy state as far as including him goes. But wait! Turns out the Breidablik can transform into different weapons:
1635210396008.png
1635210428058.png

So not only is he not entirely helpless, but he also has something to build a moveset on! Kiran should be picked because not only is it Nintendo's most successful mobile game to date, it seems like a decent alternative now that Euden has been relegated to Assist Trophy status. Also what better way to piss off anti-FE people than to make that FE character a mobile game character? lol

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom