• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros. Infinite Project (Finally Finished!???)

Which title should we use?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Here is our music submissions for Hades!

We have ten submissions which, considering the music of Hades, I think it an actual good number. The leadership team might add a couple but I’m liking this one so far!

We still need sometime as we are currently working on Zagreus’ moveset but I wanted to hold a discussion round until this evening.

Mii Costumes Wave 1 Discussion

Of course, we will been including a bundle of Mii Costumes. What Do you think is an appropriate number?

How many Hadrs costumes should we include?

What previous DLC costume do you think fits in this pack?

What new costumes do you think fits in and/or are there any Supergiant candidates?

Please discuss Mii Costumes you think would personally fit well in this pack or even make a list of them.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

There obviously should be some Hades characters. But Red from Transistor and the Kid from Baston strike me as good Supergiant candidates. There's probably some good options from Pyre but I'm not super familiar with that one. Could probably fit some other indie skins in here.

Jomosensual

Smash Champion
Of course, we will been including a bundle of Mii Costumes. What Do you think is an appropriate number?

How many Hadrs costumes should we include?

What previous DLC costume do you think fits in this pack?

What new costumes do you think fits in and/or are there any Supergiant candidates?

Please discuss Mii Costumes you think would personally fit well in this pack or even make a list of them.
Hades costumes - I think 2 does the trick pretty well

DLC costumes - Would need to see the list I think. A follow up question though, do DLC costumes returning count as deconfirming the fighter? Should probably establish that before adding any in

New costumes - No idea

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Hades costumes - I think 2 does the trick pretty well

DLC costumes - Would need to see the list I think. A follow up question though, do DLC costumes returning count as deconfirming the fighter? Should probably establish that before adding any in

New costumes - No idea
Technically, all DLC costumes except for Knuckles and Doomslayer will be permissible for a DLC pack. Based on my observations, we decided to save these two from being dlc costumes. I’ll be publishing an official list once I get around to it this evening as there will be a few more who won’t get the costume treatment again.

GolisoPower

Smash Master
Honestly, I think some of the non-Hades DLC costumes should follow the theme of "dying over and over" that Hades is known for. Like, for example, how about a Swordfighter costume of the Trapper from DbD? Or some costumes based on some FromSoftware games?

Commander_Alph

Smash Lord
Honestly, I think some of the non-Hades DLC costumes should follow the theme of "dying over and over" that Hades is known for. Like, for example, how about a Swordfighter costume of the Trapper from DbD? Or some costumes based on some FromSoftware games?
I honestly prefer if we save this for later, usually the first batch of DLC like Min Min and Joker are pretty surface level, this is a bit too specific and also too "early of a surprise" for lack of a better word, just want it to start slow and steady.

Jomosensual

Smash Champion
On this topic, our big costume for the pack could be Colt Vahn from Deathloop. Game was published by Bethesda who already has content in the game and that obvious fits the theme

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Thanks everyone for sounding off on which is appropriate Mii Costumes for this wave!

Here’s what we will be including with our First Wave:
2 Costumes from Hades
1 Costume from Supergiant
1 3rd Party Costume
2 First Party Costumes
And finally, something a bit extra….

That is seven total Mii Costumes for the first wave.

So, that being said, please submit a….

Hades Costume
This costume can be for any of the Mii Fighter categories but please provide a picture of said character, how the costume would look, and if any of the weapons are affected by the costume. The costume can be a hat or a full costume.

Last edited:

GolisoPower

Smash Master
1640044777389.png

Ares (Mii Swordfighter):

One of the Gods of Olympus that aids Zagreus in his quest. In this Mii Costume, the Mii Swordfighter gains the gold bird-themed armor as well as his red machete-like blade for his weapon. For his headgear, the Mii Swordfighter gains a set of black laurels and a large stripe over his eyes in the shade of a Mii's favorite color.

Hades Mii Costume:
Achilles (Swordfighter)
1640094089260.png

Achilles is one of other characters in Supergiant game called Hades. Achilles is a demi-god hero known for his role in the Trojan War. He is famed for his strength in battle and his near-invulnerability. After he was fatally wounded when Paris shot his heel with an arrow, his shade descended to the Underworld, where he was eventually hired by Hades to train a young Zagreus in battle and military discipline in exchange for allowing his lover Patroclus into Elysium.

In form of Mii Costume, there is gonna be his outfit with his staff as Sword and his Wig with crown. On his mii outfit, his muscles are shown, which it makes the costume more unique.

I nominate Achilles as Mii Costume, because he could fit as mii costume due to fact that he references a Greek Hero called Achilles, where his weakness was his Heel, which it became a Pop-Culture reference on whole world, even in this game, which Achilles is depicted as Demi-God.

Jomosensual

Smash Champion
3rd party:

Captain/Colt- Deathloop

Attire:

Class - Gunner

Published by Bethesda and a recently popular game, Deathloop getting something in Smash isn't too far out there. There's also the VGA tie in as Zagreus is revealed there and Deathloop was just up for game of the year

Last edited:

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
3rd party:

Captain/Colt- Deathloop

Attire:

Class - Gunner

Published by Bethesda and a recently popular game, Deathloop getting something in Smash isn't too far out there. There's also the VGA tie in as Zagreus is revealed there and Deathloop was just up for game of the year
we are just doing Hades for right now.

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
We are now finished with Mii Costumes for Hades! Again, we are adding two total so please vote for your most wanted!

View attachment 340665
Ares (Mii Swordfighter):

One of the Gods of Olympus that aids Zagreus in his quest. In this Mii Costume, the Mii Swordfighter gains the gold bird-themed armor as well as his red machete-like blade for his weapon. For his headgear, the Mii Swordfighter gains a set of black laurels and a large stripe over his eyes in the shade of a Mii's favorite color.

Dusa Mask
This would be a simple headgear but would be a full mask, obscuring the face so only Dusa is visible.
Hades Mii Costume:
Achilles (Swordfighter)
View attachment 340681

Achilles is one of other characters in Supergiant game called Hades. Achilles is a demi-god hero known for his role in the Trojan War. He is famed for his strength in battle and his near-invulnerability. After he was fatally wounded when Paris shot his heel with an arrow, his shade descended to the Underworld, where he was eventually hired by Hades to train a young Zagreus in battle and military discipline in exchange for allowing his lover Patroclus into Elysium.

In form of Mii Costume, there is gonna be his outfit with his staff as Sword and his Wig with crown. On his mii outfit, his muscles are shown, which it makes the costume more unique.

I nominate Achilles as Mii Costume, because he could fit as mii costume due to fact that he references a Greek Hero called Achilles, where his weakness was his Heel, which it became a Pop-Culture reference on whole world, even in this game, which Achilles is depicted as Demi-God.
1. Ares Mii Swordfighter
2. Dusa Mask
3. Achilles Mii Swordfighter

This will be conducted via poll at the top of the page.

From there, we will be submitting two Mii Costumes...

Job 229: Submit a Supergiant-based Mii Costume and/or Submit a New 3rd Party Costume

We will be submitting either/both a Mii Costume from the Supergiant company and a 3rd Party Mii Costume.

For Supergiant, you can choose any of the series aside from Hades.

For the 3rd party, we will be limiting it to the following:
  • A New Mii Costume which means no previous Mii Costumes (Vault Boy)
  • It must be from a company currently included in Smash via content which includes Spirits but not music.
  • It can't be from an already represented series (for example, Mega Man costume isn't allowed but a Capcom one is, Tekken costume isn't allowed but a Tales one is)
  • The Mii Costume source must be from a popular franchise that has already been released
  • The Costume must be the protag from that series
As per usual, please include which class this is for, how the Mii Costume looks including with a picture, how it make affect the Mii and the weapon, and why the costume should be included in the first place.

Last edited:

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
In addition...

reimu 1.png

Red
reimu 2.png

Dark Red
Based on Phantasmagoria of Flower View/Urban Legend in Limbo Appearance
reimu 3.png

Blue
Based on Cirno
reimu 4.png

Dark Blue
Based on Sanae
reimu 5.png
Purple
Based on Yukari
reimu 6.png

Grey
Based on Marisa
reimu 7.png
Green
Based on Youmu
reimu 7.png

Yellow
Based on Koishi
reimu 9.png

White
Based on Mukou
reimu 10.png
Black
Based on Junko
reimu 11.png

Light Blue
Based on Yuyuko
reimu 12.png

Pink
Based on Remilia

Last edited:

GolisoPower

Smash Master
Job 229:
1640144554873.png

Excalibur (Warframe):

Excalibur is one of the three titular Warframes that you pick as your starter at the beginning of the game, the other two being the electrically-attuned Volt and the polarizing Mag. Excalibur here can be considered the face of Warframe, as well as a protagonist. Warframe content that's in Smash Infinite already is the Lotus and Natah Spirits, making this eligible. In Smash, the Excalibur Mii Costume would be the white-and-grey body with red trims, with the headgear being the rhino-horned helmet. But what would he be? Well, that's simple:
1640144740229.png

This is the Exalted Blade, a weapon tied to his ultimate. A blade of pure light and immense power, the Exalted Blade was capable of shooting Cloud Strife Blade Beam-style projectiles with every swing that dealt Magnetic damage and went through walls. This is the weapon he'd be using as this is a Mii Swordfighter costume. Also, fun tip: do you see the little blue spots on his body? They, in addition to your Exalted Blade, actually change based on your selected Mii's favorite color!

Last edited:

cashregister9

Smash Hero
Red (Transistor)

Red is the icon of the game Transistor, The costume would be a swordfighter and would have her hair and clothes with the Transistor as her sword

Lifeline (Apex Legends)

This would be a gunner, The head would have her hair and headpiece and the body would be her clothes, her gun would be the Mozambique

D

Deleted member

The Kid (Bastion)
From SuperGiant's first game. The Kid would be a sword fighter, welding his hammer.

Tracer (Overwatch)
From the popular multiplayer shooter Overwatch. This outfit gives the Mii Gunner gives the Mii Tracer's outfit, goggles and all.

I don't even really like Overwatch I just think it'd be a neat costume that would get fans talking.

Last edited by a moderator:
Third Party Mii Costume submission:
Castle Crasher (Mii Swordfighter)

1640175845896.png

Castle Crasher is one of main characters of Behemoth's 4-Player Indie game called Castle Crashers. Castle Crasher needs to rescue while killing enemies in front of him like Beat'em up game. Castle Crasher is one of Iconic Indie character and even one of Newgrounds' characters that was made by Tom Fulp and/or Dan Paladin.

His costume would consist of his Helmet and his suit with a sword. The Headgear would resemble Knight's helmet and the outfit resembles his Armor from game. The costume depends on what color does your Mii Have, like if it's red, then red knight or vice versa. His sword also changes at colors like it can be normal sword or mace if the Color is changed.

I nominate Castle Crasher as Mii costume because not of including another Knight costume that we have, but it could be unique and it could represent Behemoth, since we have their spirits, so why can't we just make them into Mii Costume as Indie rep? Besides, Castle Crashers is well known in West, but little obscure to East because of Newgrounds being unpopular, but it shouldn't be a problem since we have their representation, so we can Include the Castle Crasher as Mii Costume.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
3rd Party: Bubsy (Brawler) (Billionsoft)

Repped in the base game via a Spirit, the prince of purr-sonality would be a masked ("deluxe") costume - after the big surprise of Bubsy's spirit and music content in base game, there would likely be a lot of chatter about him at launch so it makes sense to surprise people at this point (for comic timing if not for anything else). Additionally, pairing such an infamous, silly character with the DLC based on such a well-acclaimed, dark game would be a very wacky juxtaposition haha moment.

Last edited:

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
I was torn between multiple submissions. I wanted to submit Jonesy since the costume could be for three variants. This is something we are tremendously lacking in our new costumes. But I feel Jonesy would make way to many wave for the first wave. Too big of a name that I feel would better fit once the costumes waves gets established. Sort of like Cuphead, Shantae, Vault Boy, and Sans.

Freddy was another idea but yet another character who falls into this category. But also goes again the rules of the job. I had briefly considered Conker, Rash, someone from Tales, or Donchan.

I ultimately went with the character…

Prince of Persia

Coming from Ubisoft who already had content in the game, Prince of Persia would be the right amount of hype and excitement due to the character and series being so iconic but wouldn’t be so “internet breaking” that would overshadow the Costume Wave.

As for appearance, I would be fine with any of the PS versions of PoP but this one above is my most favorite and would translate well into a costume. The character would obviously be for a Mii Swordfighter and would utilize the Eagle Sword.

Last edited:

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
Job 229: Loot Llama Hat
1640220627464.png

This headpiece is for all Mii types and covers the whole head, similar to the Sans/Cuphead/Vault Boy masks. It is intentionally not designed to "fit" snuggly onto the Mii's head, but rather the blocky shape leaves an odd impression as if the mask was intentionally designed to be part of a full costume.

For an example of how it could work, look at this character's design and just imagine it cut off at the base of the neck.
1640220748766.png

As a bonus, whenever this is on your Mii, it also adds the "Crystal Llama" back bling to their back, in one of three different colors: Red for Brawler, Blue for Swordfighter, and Green for Gunner! Neat!

1640220813434.png

Edit: I guess I missed the protag part due to my booster-shot induced haze, but honestly should that even be a rule? Sans certainly isn't the Undertale protagonist.

Last edited:

Mr. Robotto

Smash Ace
alright let's get this started...

Zagreus Moveset

Gameplay Overview
Zagreus is a character that has a lot of options (and will most likely be a solid top tier to boot, but hey, ain't the first time that happened with a first DLC character). Zagreus will not only utilise most of weapons in his wide arrange of moves, covering a lot of ranges, but can also affect the properties of many moves and his specials. Which makes him terrifying in the hands of a pro. While all of his normal grounded attacks (jab & tilts) utilise his iconic Stygian Blade, his smash attacks, aerial attacks and grab & pummel will feature other weapons! As for his Special Attacks, most of these will consist of the moves in Hades he has that are affected by the Olympian Boons. But for his down-special, that's where his gimmick comes in...

Zagreus is fairly medium-sized in terms of stats. He has a fairly sized walking speed of 1.0, a running speed of 1.7, a weight of 98, he has a jump height similar to Shulk's, and a falling speed of 1.6. He travels the stage barehanded most of the time, but just like in Hades, when he needs his weapon he'll summon it.

Normals
Some of these moves are referenced and inspired by Zagreus' normal attacks, but due to the low material there is, most of these are just original moves à la Joker or Marth, and when there's reference material it will be accompannied by a gif. Here lies quite the usual swordfighter stuff one might expect.

Also there are some boons which affect these moves these are:
  • If under the influence of Zeus' boon, the move will gain electric properties
  • If under the influence of Poseidon's boon, the move will gain 1.2x knockback
  • If under the influence of Athena's boon, the move will be 1.2x weaker
  • If under the influence of Artemis' boon, the move has a 1/8th chance of being a critical hit
NameDamageInfo
Jab:
Aspect of Zagreus
first hit: 2%
second hit: 1%
third hit: 3.5%
Zagreus performs a sideways slash with its right arm for the first press, a vertical slash which is held by both hands for the second, and a horizontal forward thrust for the third. The third action is accompanied by a greater knockback, which is horizontal by the way, compared to most jabs in the game.

Forward Tilt:
Stygian Slash
11%An upward swipe while leaning forward. It has a large arc that is useful for spacing and deals medium knockback. It's quite medium sized in terms of speed. Used the animated trailer as a reference for this one. Yes, a reach, I know, but I kinda have to do with what I can here.

Up Tilt:
Upward Stygian Thrust
12%Zagreus thrusts the Stygian Blade straight upwards. Small hit box, but it deals impressive knockback if it hits. Has decent vertical range, but extremely poor horizontal range, being unable to hit grounded opponents.
Down Tilt:
A Slide to the Underworld
8%A baseball kick. Zagreus slides forward a short distance in a sliding attack. Original to Smash, but very much in the style and swagger Zagreus uses with his attacks. Unlike similar moves, Zagreus' down tilt does not lose strength during the late hitboxes. Can easily be linked into his Up Tilt at low percents.
Dash Attack:
Stygian Thrust
clean: 7%
late: 6%
Zagreus dashes forward while he thrusts the Stygian Blade forward with fiery rage. Similar to his last hit of his jab, has a high knockback typically for heavy dash attacks, and the thrust makes for a thin yet extendable reach.

Smashes
Zagreus' smash attacks will utilise a lot of his weapons in his kit, besides his blade.
  • If under the influence of Artemis' boon, the move has a 1/8th chance of being a critical hit
NameDamageInfo
Forward Smash:
Adamant Rail's Flurry
hits 1-5:
1.9% - 2.4%

hit 6:
9% - 11.5%
Yep, that's right, for his forward smash, Zagreus uses his gun. Zagreus takes his trusty Adamant Rail and unleashes a series of energy bursts in quick succession, followed by a stronger burst. Hits opponents 6 times and has a lot of range, being one of the longest forward smashes in the game, very similar to Mii Gunner's. Coupled with its very long hitbox duration, it is overall difficult to challenge, pressures shields well, and is useful for edgeguarding. The 6th last burst is the strongest, and has quite the knockback.

Up Smash:
Malphon's Uppercut
15% - 2%The Twin Fists of Malphon appear on Zagreus' fists, and he delivers a strong uppercut with a small hop. The jump gives this more range than the other uppercuts of the game, although this also makes it more dangerous than the bunch, as if it's missed, Zagreus will have to land on its feet first before acting again, which makes him very vulnerable. Although, if hit, it is a very rewarding move which is accompanied with the most knockback out of all his smashes. Can be used as an out of shield option too.

Down Smash:
Stygian Slam
15% - 22%Equipping the Stygian Blade, Zagreus performs a jumping downward stab attack into the ground which sends out a red shockwave all around him for considerably high damage and knockback. Yes, if used at the ledge, the red shockwave will extend beyond it and everyone (when airborne) who's trapped in it could get meteored starting at 40%.

Aerials
Zagreus' smash attacks will utilise a lot of his weapons in his kit, besides his blade.
NameDamageInfo
Neutral Air:
Eternal Spin
9%
Zagreus' trusty Eternal Spear appears in his hand and he performs a circular slash around himself. Very similar to the likes of Cloud and Hero, it comes out moderatly fast and covers his whole hurtbox decently well. Can combo into other aerials and even itself.

Forward Air:
Eternal Stabs
shaft (each stab):
5%
tip (each stab):
9%
Zagreus equips the Eternal Spear and delivers three quick stabbing attacks forward. Has a moderate bit of startup, when hopping only the first stab will come out before landing (with considerable landing lag), but since it's his trusty spear you'll be sure to cover tons of range. The tip of the spear delivers more knockback and damage.

Back Air:
Seeking Shots
bow: 2.5%
arrow clean: 11%
arrow late: 5%
Zagreus equips the Seeking Bow, looks back, and fires a deadly shot behind himself which covers great distance. It has a slow startup but deals a lot of damage and knockback when hit clean, alas the arrow will deal less damage and knockback in the later frames. When the opponent is nearby, they can get hit by the bow themselves when zagreus equips it which has the potential of them then being led into the arrow if timed and handled correctly.

Up Air:
Chaos' Arc
8%
Zagreus throws the Shield of Chaos up in the air which covers a short distance, which then fastly returns to Zagreus. Zagreus can't act in the short moment when the Shield is in the air and has to wait till it returns (don't worry, probably faster than you imagine). Very low knockback.​

Down Air:
Stygian Halfmoon
early: 11%
clean: 16%
Zagreus takes his Stygian Blade and performs a slow downward, wide crescent slash with large coverage. If the attack connects in the middle of the swinging arc (directly below Zagreus, similar to Marth), it serves as a powerful meteor smash. This has a slow startup compared to other similar moves, but delivers great damage.

Grab & Throws
For his Grab and Throws, Zagreus makes use of his twin fists of Malphon. These boons apply for this section.
  • If under the influence of Artemis' boon, the move has a 1/8th chance of being a critical hit (yes, the pummel can crit lol)
NameDamageInfo
Grab:
Malphon's Reach
-​
The Twin Fists of Malphon get summoned on Zagreus hands, and he will reach out in front of him. If connected, Zag takes the opponent by the chest with his left hand.
Pummel:
Malphon's Wrath
3%Zagreus uses his right fist, which is equipped with Malphon, to punch the opponent he grabbed.

Forward Throw:
Gilgamesh's Throw
10%Zagreus claws the opponent forward hard enough for them to fly away. Has moderate knockback and can KO middleweights at around 160% at the edge.
Back Throw
Talos' Throw
8% Zagreus takes the opponent and throws them behind him, then being followed by a strong punch which makes them fly away. This is Zagreus' most relaible kill throw and has the most knockbacl out of all of them. KO'ing middleweights at 120% at the edge.
Up Throw:
Demeter's Throw
7%Zagreus performs an uppercut while hopping, like his up smash. Although there will be a blue aura and blue upward lines accompanying it which references The Aspect of Demeter's Giga Cutter. It can combo into neutral and up aerials reliably at low to mid percents. Has moderate knockback.

Down Throw:
Zagreus' Throw
9%Zagreus slams the opponent on the ground with both fists. However, its combo potential is fairly limited because of its moderately high ending lag and backward launching angle.

Floor & Ledge Attacks
The usual...
NameDamageInfo
Floor Attack:
Stygian Sweep
7%When ascending back into position, Zagreus sweeps his good old blade behind then in front of him before waking up.
Ledge Attack:
The Boot of Ancient Greece
9%Zagreus gets up on the stage and sweeps with his right leg before standing firmtight.

Specials (& Gimmick)
Alright, so this is the part where there's a lot of explaining so buckle up those seat belts. I'll first start up with the Down Special as that is necessary to understand the other specials

NameDamageInfo
Down Special:
Boon Select
-​
Pressing Down-B will cause Zagreus to hold out his hand and say, in the name of Hades! as three glowing orbs appear above his head. Use the control stick to choose which of the orbs you wish to select, these orbs are called "Boons" and harness the powers of the gods of Olympus!

When choosing a boon, that god’s symbol will appear above of Zagreus’ percentage to indicate which god is helping him. Each god’s Boon gives Zagreus’ special attacks a unique spice to them for a limited amount of time, some will even affect normal moves too! The three Boon options will be random, and an Olympian Boon remains in effect for 30 seconds before Zagreus loses that Boon and returns to normal, in the meantime, Zagreus will not be able to select another Boon and his Down-Special will be rendered futile for the time being. There is then a 5 second cooldown before Zagreus can choose another Boon.

Also just because it's fun, when selecting a certain Boon, a voiceline and certain sound effect will play from that Boon's god upon accepting their gift like in the game. Gotta love fanservice! The Boons and their respective symbols are as follows.
BoonInfoSymbol (above %)
Zeus
Signified by a lightning bolt. The Greek all-father Zeus’ boon will give Zagreus’ cast, dash and other certain attacks an electric effect to them! This boon affects most of Zagreus' normals outside of his grab and throw.
Poseidon
Signified by a blue trident, his Boon generally deliver impressive pushback when using specials and even normals!
Demeter
Signified by an icicle rod, Demeter’s boon will give freezing effects to certain specials. This boon only affects Zagreus' special attacks.
Dionysus
Signified by a purple glass, Dionysus’ boon will allow Zagreus to poison opponents when performing certain specials. This boon only affects Zagreus' special attacks.
Athena
Signified by a shield, Athena’s boon will give Zagreus’ specials a reflector ability. Zagreus will also receive less damage and pushback when using this boon, but deal less damage in general, as all of his normals will deal less damage.
Ares
Signified by a war spear, Ares’ boon will give Zagreus’ specials a deadly multi-hit attack AND a negative status effect called doom where after 5 seconds, the opponent with a dark red Ares logo above their heads will be instantly dealt a heavy hit of damage with no knockback. This boon only affects Zagreus' special attacks.
Artemis
Signified by a bow and arrow, Artemis’ boon effect will give Zagreus’ attacks a chance to critical hit! This boon affects normals too, so go ham with it and try your luck!
Aphrodite
Signified by a heart, when using certain specials, Aphrodite’s boon effects will cause a unique debuff called charm, which will weaken an opponent’s attack power briefly. This status is signified by the opponent being engulfed in a pink aura. This boon only affects Zagreus' special attacks.
Neutral Special:
Cast
standard: 12.5%
Zeus:
5%
Poseidon:
2.5%
Demeter:
2.5%/sec
Dionysus:
5%
Athena:
7.5%
Ares:
2.5%/hit
Artemis:
7.5%
Aphrodite:
10%
Zagreus casts a bloodstone, it is a slow long range projectile that can redirect itself to an opponent if aimed close enough, dealig 12.5% damage with no knockback on impact if zagreus has no boon equipped. Zagreus has three reusable bloodstones and when the Cast hits an enemy, it stays lodged inside the foe until they are killed or 15 seconds elapse, which means Zagreus can't just mindlessly spam these whenever. When the bloodstone falls it can be collected to be launched again. Each god's boon also modifies the speed, area of effect and additional mechanics of the cast. Three casts, Dionysus, Demeter and Ares, create a projectile that does damage on its own instead of lodging into enemies. Also, to make multi-Zagreus battles less confusing, the bloodstones will change color depending on Zagreus' color costume.

All boons will affect this special, and their properties are as follow:
BoonCast Information
Zeus

Instead of the usual cast, Zagreus casts an electric bolt that can bounce off opponents up to three times, with each bounce having a homing effect. This will not bounce if only playing against one opponent, or if the other opponents are too far from the one that got aimed at. This also deals electric damage to opponents.

Poseidon

The weakest of the cast abilities in terms of damage, Zagreus fires a blast of water forward that deals minor damage but delivers hefty knockback! A very strong edge-guarding tool.

Demeter

Zagreus plants a crystal which remains in-place and fires a long-range ice stream blast forward for around a 4 seconds period of time. The ice beam can easily be dodged, but if hit it will freeze opponents when at higher percents after dealing small damage over time. An amazing zoning tool. When finished, the bloodstone will summon in its place, waiting to be picked up by Zagreus.

Dionysus

Zagreus throws out an arced bomb-like projectile forward which explodes into a cloud of poison when hitting an opponent or surface, which will stay in effect for around 4 seconds before dissipating and delivers the poison status effect to anyone caught in the fog. This move does deal 5% damage, but no pushback on impact.

Athena

Zagreus fires a slow-moving circular shield forward that delivers strong damage to opponents and reflects projectiles!

Ares

Zagreus fires a slow moving but multi-hit dark spinning blade forward. It moves slow but can string opponents along for multiple hits of damage and high-end knockback. This also deals a new debuff called “doom” where after 5 seconds, the opponent with a dark red Ares logo above their heads will be instantly dealt a heavy hit of damage with no knockback, similar to Sephiroth's side-special.

Artemis

Zagreus fires a green fast-moving arrow forward. This special has a 1/6 chance to deal a critical hit which will increase the knockback and damage of the arrow! This projectile also deals heavier damage than other projectiles to shields.

Aphrodite

Zagreus casts a very short-range pink blast of energy forward which deals quite a lot of damage compared to other cast variations. Has the shortest range, but has high damage and knockback potential, and can easily KO at high percentages. This will inflict charm onto foes, which is signified by them being engulfed in a pink aura and weaken their damage output by 30%.

Up Special:
Dash
standard:
-
Zeus:
5.5%
Poseidon:
2%
Demeter:
3%
Dionysus:
-
Athena:
7.5%
Ares:
1.5%/hit
Artemis:
-Aphrodite:
3%
Zagreus charges, and once the special button releases, dashes to the direction which is indicated by a directional arrow which points towards Zagreus' travel direction before he begins moving. It travels similarly to moves like Fire Fox. Grounded versions of both moves will stop at edges, and the aerial versions can pass through platforms if down is held on the control pad. If tapped, Zagreus will only perform 1 dash, if held moderately, Zagreus will perform 2, and when held to the end, he will perform 3. Each Dash can be redirectioned. The standard dash with no boons will deal no damage, but cover a lot of distance.

All boons will affect this special, and their properties are as follow:
BoonDash Information
Zeus

Instead of his usual dash, when Zagreus dashes he will release lightning strikes that hit opponents close to him at the starting point of each dash. This variation travels a relatively shorter distance.

Poseidon

Due to the pushback of the waves, this has the most recovery (even compared to the standard version), Zagreus engulfs himself in rushing water as he fastly rushes. With each dash, Zagreus makes splashing waves at the end of it. This recovery deals the least damage but deals impressive pushback to enemies, knocking them far away.

Demeter

A slower and shorter recovery than the rest, Zagreus rushes through the air as he casts a short-range blast of frozen air in front of him with each dash. Opponents at higher percents (+100%) hit by the ice have a high chance of being momentarily frozen. The dash itself deals no damage, however the ice does.

Dionysus

Zagreus surrounds himself in a mist of purple bubbles wich get left at the place where he rushes each time. While this distance is moderate, opponents hit by Zagreus in this state will be dealt a poison effect, and no actual raw damage will be dealt.

Athena

Zagreus rushes with his recovery as he is surrounded by four rapid moving shields that circle around him that reflect any projectiles that hit Zagreus while using the recovery. This recovery is moderate in distance, and deals heavy damage and moderate knockback to opponents that Zagreus hit.

Ares

Zagreus rushes, and from where he started each dash a dark buzzsaw is left spinning in his place, dealing multiple hits of damage for a moment before disappearing. Similarly to his cast, this also deals a new debuff called “doom” where after 5 seconds, the opponent with a dark red Ares logo above their heads will be instantly dealt a heavy hit of damage with no knockback.

Artemis

Zagreus rushes while surrounded by green energy that forms the tip of an arrow around him, this Dash deals no damage whatsoever, but for 5 seconds after the dash Zagreus has a higher chance of performing critical hits on all his moves, from a 1/8 chance to a 1/6 one more specifically, this will be signaled with Zagreus flashing green while this is active. This dash has the longest range out of all the boon dashes and even rivals that of the standard one.

Aphrodite

Has the shortest range of all the dashes, Zagreus rushes in a recovery as he is surrounded by pink energy and hearts. At each dash, where he ends up, a gulf of pink aura gets summoned which is able to hit opponents. Opponents hit by this recovery will be dealt damage, with no knockback, and will be engulfed in a pink aura, which is a new debuff called "charm" where these opponents now temporarily deal 30% less damage.

Side Special:
Bull Rush
11% - 24%Another way to recover. Zagreus equips the shield of chaos and charges up. Releasing the special button will cause Zagreus to charge forward and deal a heavy hit of damage and tremendous knockback if charged. As he charges, you'll notice Zagreus accumulating energy around him. When charged to the max, a flash appears and Zagreus is able to travel the half of Final Destination. The shield can also block projectile attacks and melee attacks that deal less than 6% damage, but if hit with something strong, the Shield will break and Zagreus will be left invulnerable for a while. If you're still charging after already being maxed, which is signified by the flash, then the move decreases in power after that point.

The same boons as the normals pretty much apply here as well.

Final Smash

NameDamageInfo
Final Smash:
There is no Escape
spear throw:
13%
Hades' Wrath: 26%
Zagreus summons his Eternal Spear and shouts “It's always pleasant in the Underworld” sarcastically, as he throws the spear forward across the stage, which continues even off-screen as it is engulfed within a red and dark aura which increases its range. All opponents caught in the spear attack will take tons of damage, but only the opponent hit first will be transported to a mysterious snowy and ruined hill, the final battleground of Hades...

Hades, King of the Underworld, with his back to the camera, appears with the same spear and intimidating towering stature and shouts, “There is no escape!” as he turns around with glaring red eyes. He then delivers his iconic two swings from his trident, which is then followed by a spin attack. He then summons pillars of flames which engulf the enemy, dealing massive damage, which then blast the opponent.

Now here's the neat part, when the only opponent is above 100%, the Final Smash directly goes to a unique victory screen. Which features the iconic Game Over screen (like Joker's) from Hades, featuring the character who has been defeated being submerged within the Pool of Styx (with the blood being censored somehow, of course) and the iconic "There is no Escape" banner on top.

Last edited:

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Job 229: Loot Llama Hat
View attachment 340778

This headpiece is for all Mii types and covers the whole head, similar to the Sans/Cuphead/Vault Boy masks. It is intentionally not designed to "fit" snuggly onto the Mii's head, but rather the blocky shape leaves an odd impression as if the mask was intentionally designed to be part of a full costume.

For an example of how it could work, look at this character's design and just imagine it cut off at the base of the neck.
View attachment 340779

As a bonus, whenever this is on your Mii, it also adds the "Crystal Llama" back bling to their back, in one of three different colors: Red for Brawler, Blue for Swordfighter, and Green for Gunner! Neat!

View attachment 340781

Edit: I guess I missed the protag part due to my booster-shot induced haze, but honestly should that even be a rule? Sans certainly isn't the Undertale protagonist.
This was intended to avoid getting minor, meme, or villains characters from established franchises taking the spot of our first third party Mii costume for the Costume Wave 1. That being said, Shovel Knight is an excellent submission!

Last edited:

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Judging from the voting, we will be accepting the Dusa Mask and the Ares costume to represent Hades!

As for our submissions...

View attachment 340665
Ares (Mii Swordfighter):

Dusa Mask
This would be a simple headgear but would be a full mask, obscuring the face so only Dusa is visible.
We will begin voting four our Supergiant Rep plus the third party rep

Job 229:
View attachment 340741
Excalibur (Warframe):

Excalibur is one of the three titular Warframes that you pick as your starter at the beginning of the game, the other two being the electrically-attuned Volt and the polarizing Mag. Excalibur here can be considered the face of Warframe, as well as a protagonist. Warframe content that's in Smash Infinite already is the Lotus and Natah Spirits, making this eligible. In Smash, the Excalibur Mii Costume would be the white-and-grey body with red trims, with the headgear being the rhino-horned helmet. But what would he be? Well, that's simple:
View attachment 340742
This is the Exalted Blade, a weapon tied to his ultimate. A blade of pure light and immense power, the Exalted Blade was capable of shooting Cloud Strife Blade Beam-style projectiles with every swing that dealt Magnetic damage and went through walls. This is the weapon he'd be using as this is a Mii Swordfighter costume. Also, fun tip: do you see the little blue spots on his body? They, in addition to your Exalted Blade, actually change based on your selected Mii's favorite color!
Resubmitting this
Red (Transistor)

Red is the icon of the game Transistor, The costume would be a swordfighter and would have her hair and clothes with the Transistor as her sword

Lifeline (Apex Legends)

This would be a gunner, The head would have her hair and headpiece and the body would be her clothes, her gun would be the Mozambique

The Kid (Bastion)
From SuperGiant's first game. The Kid would be a sword fighter, welding his hammer.

Tracer (Overwatch)
From the popular multiplayer shooter Overwatch. This outfit gives the Mii Gunner gives the Mii Tracer's outfit, goggles and all.

I don't even really like Overwatch I just think it'd be a neat costume that would get fans talking.
Third Party Mii Costume submission:
Castle Crasher (Mii Swordfighter)

View attachment 340754
Castle Crasher is one of main characters of Behemoth's 4-Player Indie game called Castle Crashers. Castle Crasher needs to rescue while killing enemies in front of him like Beat'em up game. Castle Crasher is one of Iconic Indie character and even one of Newgrounds' characters that was made by Tom Fulp and/or Dan Paladin.

His costume would consist of his Helmet and his suit with a sword. The Headgear would resemble Knight's helmet and the outfit resembles his Armor from game. The costume depends on what color does your Mii Have, like if it's red, then red knight or vice versa. His sword also changes at colors like it can be normal sword or mace if the Color is changed.

I nominate Castle Crasher as Mii costume because not of including another Knight costume that we have, but it could be unique and it could represent Behemoth, since we have their spirits, so why can't we just make them into Mii Costume as Indie rep? Besides, Castle Crashers is well known in West, but little obscure to East because of Newgrounds being unpopular, but it shouldn't be a problem since we have their representation, so we can Include the Castle Crasher as Mii Costume.
3rd Party: Bubsy (Brawler) (Billionsoft)

Repped in the base game via a Spirit, the prince of purr-sonality would be a masked ("deluxe") costume - after the big surprise of Bubsy's spirit and music content in base game, there would likely be a lot of chatter about him at launch so it makes sense to surprise people at this point (for comic timing if not for anything else). Additionally, pairing such an infamous, silly character with the DLC based on such a well-acclaimed, dark game would be a very wacky juxtaposition haha moment.
I was torn between multiple submissions. I wanted to submit Jonesy since the costume could be for three variants. This is something we are tremendously lacking in our new costumes. But I feel Jonesy would make way to many wave for the first wave. Too big of a name that I feel would better fit once the costumes waves gets established. Sort of like Cuphead, Shantae, Vault Boy, and Sans.

Freddy was another idea but yet another character who falls into this category. But also goes again the rules of the job. I had briefly considered Conker, Rash, someone from Tales, or Donchan.

I ultimately went with the character…

Prince of Persia

Coming from Ubisoft who already had content in the game, Prince of Persia would be the right amount of hype and excitement due to the character and series being so iconic but wouldn’t be so “internet breaking” that would overshadow the Costume Wave.

As for appearance, I would be fine with any of the PS versions of PoP but this one above is my most favorite and would translate well into a costume. The character would obviously be for a Mii Swordfighter and would utilize the Eagle Sword.
Well, in case my initial one doesn't count...

Job 229: Shovel Knight (Swordfighter)
View attachment 340796
Supergiant Mii Costumes
  • Red (Transistor)
  • The Kid (Bastion)
Third Party Mii Costumes
  • Excalibur (Warframe)
  • Captain/Colt (Deathloop)
  • Lifeline (Apex Legends)
  • Tracer (Overwatch)
  • Castle Crasher (Castle Crashers)
  • Bubsy (Bubsy)
  • Prince of Persia (Prince of Persia)
  • Shovel Knight (Shovel Knight)

I will be posting our google form within the hour. If you noticed a missed submission, please let me know.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom