• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros. Infinite Project (Finally Finished!???)

Which title should we use?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Job #225: Submit a Hades 2 Proposal

Along with Zagreus in Smash, Supergiant also uses the Game Awards to announce Hades 2! The reveal showcases a number of new content and, in particular, the setting and a bit of the story along with new features. So what will we be submitting?

1.New Weapon Category
Previously, there were weapon categories such as swords, bows, and such. Even a gun! Please include a new weapon category and what attributes it has

2. A New Boon
Please provide a new Boon for Zagreus to achieve. This Boob should be based on a God not yet featured in the previous Hades. Please describe what the Boon does and any sort other additional content that comes from it.

Last edited:

GolisoPower

Smash Master
Job 225:

New Weapon:

Caduceus: A staff once wielded by Hermes. It is a slow weapon that deals weak damage, but has fast homing projectiles and can lock onto multiple opponents. It dash attack is a swiping strike that shoots a single, quick projectile that doesn't home in, but also deals immense damage if landed.

New Boon:

Atlas:
Carrier of the world on his shoulders and one of the Titans toppled by the gods long ago. His symbol is that of a globe. Boons of Atlas revolve around the cessation of movement by enemies thanks to the Petrify status effect, as well as enhancing all abilities to cover as much ground as possible.

Last edited:

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
Job #225: Submit a Hades 2 Proposal

Along with Zagreus in Smash, Supergiant also uses the Game Awards to announce Hades 2! The reveal showcases a number of new content and, in particular, the setting and a bit of the story along with new features. So what will we be submitting?

1. Setting and Story
Where does Zagreus find himself now? What’s the story? How does it pick up from the first game?

2.New Weapon Category
Previously, there were weapon categories such as swords, bows, and such. Even a gun! Please include a new weapon category and what attributes it has

3. A New Boon
Please provide a new Boon for Zagreus to achieve. This Boob should be based on a God not yet featured in the previous Hades. Please describe what the Boon does and any sort other additional content that comes from it.
Supergiant kinda doesn't ever do sequels lmao

Also, having played the game, a sequel would undermine half the point of it. Maybe instead, an updated port/DE

Hades 2 Story:
It took place 5 years after events of First game, where Zagreus gathered all boons of Gods, but then, when came out from Underworld, he saw a distant land similarly looking land, where there was Colloseum, Tower of Pizza and there were huge amount of unknown people, who built this Ancient City and he was interested in.
While going out of Underworld on surface through Overworld, he found himself in Rome, a huge city builded in Ancient Italy, where there was emperor Nero rulling this city. Zagreus came to town, but Roman Gods appeared in front of Him and they didn't let him to go to the city to see what's going on when he saw it.
Then Zagreus was angry and he tried to kill all evil Romanian God's, who gatekeep him from Rome.
First, he kills 1 God, Later second, Third is dead, but Nero interrupts his adventure and they took a battle, Zagreus won killing Nero with his Sword. Later kills rest of Gods in Italy.
When he came to Main God Jupiter, who had powers of all gods and rose a Platform from Ground with his Magic into Space near Planet Jupiter and they had a greatest Showdown and Jupiter used his Punch, but Zagreus dodged his punch and he kills him, resulting his death and platform started to fall down into place, where it was Earlier. Some of Romans were angry, but some of the were happy.
They congratulated Zagreus for killing Evil God's and his prize was Romanian Armor for Zagreus, which he wore and gave him more powers. Also, he helped other people to build whole Rome and they ended quickly, while after construction, Zagreus became Ruler of Rome and Greek Gods came to his town to defend it from unknown threats, ending the Game.

Last edited:

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Maybe it should then.

Like I said, having a sequel to Hades undermines the point of the story.

You want me to spoil why a sequel doesn't work? Because I'll do it.
I do greatly appreciate feedback on realism for the project, a lot of this is decided for entertainment purpose. I’ve long abandoned having a strictly realistic policy for a more looser definition of it as that’s more fun and engaging. Regarding the prompt, I wanted to create a prompt that is fun and engaging rather than the typical formula we follow when we get a character in. I know next to nothing about Supergiant and, quite frankly, I don’t frankly care about following how they do business. If they don’t do sequels, that’s fine. But in this timeline where Infinite has globs of content, a Twitter stage, Devil as a boss and no Cuphead in sight, and other inconsistent content, well, then Supergiant doing a sequel to one of their most successful games doesn’t seem that strange. That being said, I plan to continue pushing this as Hades 2 and not a port/E but I’ll look into incorporating several factors of that into what Hades 2 would be. I’m more so interested in seeing extra content created.

If people wants to create a realistic Smash 6 projected please feel free. On the flip side, people are free to create an obscure and stranger version of Smash 6.

Edit: I decided to remove the story portion. I had a better concept that I will elaborate later in the day.

Last edited:
I do greatly appreciate feedback on realism for the project, a lot of this is decided for entertainment purpose. I’ve long abandoned having a strictly realistic policy for a more looser definition of it as that’s more fun and engaging. Regarding the prompt, I wanted to create a prompt that is fun and engaging rather than the typical formula we follow when we get a character in. I know next to nothing about Supergiant and, quite frankly, I don’t frankly care about following how they do business. If they don’t do sequels, that’s fine. But in this timeline where Infinite has globs of content, a Twitter stage, Devil as a boss and no Cuphead in sight, and other inconsistent content, well, then Supergiant doing a sequel to one of their most successful games doesn’t seem that strange. That being said, I plan to continue pushing this as Hades 2 and not a port/E but I’ll look into incorporating several factors of that into what Hades 2 would be. I’m more so interested in seeing extra content created.

If people wants to create a realistic Smash 6 projected please feel free. On the flip side, people are free to create an obscure and stranger version of Smash 6.

Edit: I decided to remove the story portion. I had a better concept that I will elaborate later in the day.
Yeah, you're right Venus. Everyone is creative here, so everyone can do a sequel for Hades.
Just use your imagination.

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Fuarbrionnu: This heavy axe bears markings put forth by Hephaestus that encourages the internal power of the axe to glow with a hidden fire when user. Continued use of the axe brings forth the once dead furnace to life. This creates massive and devastating swings that only increase in power.

Apollo: This new Boon focuses on enhancing Zagreus combat potential. It will impart the Burn effect on opponents thanks to Zagreus being wreathed in flame. While it doesn’t enhance any of his combat stats, killing opponents while active will slightly heal Zagreus.

Last edited:

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing

I guess I just don't see a point to a doing this when it has nothing to do with the context of Smash. This is a "create a Smash" thread, not a 'create a bunch of other game concepts" thread. Frankly this just seems like padding.

And like I said, there's genuine reasons in the universe of Hades why it cannot and should not get a sequel anyway, so this honestly feels kinda disrespectful to the context of the series. If we're going to have Zagreus in our fictional little game, wouldn't it make sense to have some form of respect towards his creators and his franchise so as to not force a prompt? Also, if you were going to do this prompt, it absolutely should have waited until after Zagreus' moveset submissions finished, because if not, then theoretically Zagreus has more moveset options, but if we want to stick to actual canon, then he's not "promoting" this sequel's content.

This job is a mess, I'm sorry. And on top of that, there's so much other content to go with each of these packs that adding unnecessary padding seems like just a way to draw out time. I understand that you're busy, Venus, I do - I'm always busy and overworked myself, but you can always just tell us that you need some extra time to come up with a proper prompt instead of going with padding on the fly.

I guess I just don't see a point to a doing this when it has nothing to do with the context of Smash. This is a "create a Smash" thread, not a 'create a bunch of other game concepts" thread. Frankly this just seems like padding.

And like I said, there's genuine reasons in the universe of Hades why it cannot and should not get a sequel anyway, so this honestly feels kinda disrespectful to the context of the series. If we're going to have Zagreus in our fictional little game, wouldn't it make sense to have some form of respect towards his creators and his franchise so as to not force a prompt? Also, if you were going to do this prompt, it absolutely should have waited until after Zagreus' moveset submissions finished, because if not, then theoretically Zagreus has more moveset options, but if we want to stick to actual canon, then he's not "promoting" this sequel's content.

This job is a mess, I'm sorry. And on top of that, there's so much other content to go with each of these packs that adding unnecessary padding seems like just a way to draw out time. I understand that you're busy, Venus, I do - I'm always busy and overworked myself, but you can always just tell us that you need some extra time to come up with a proper prompt instead of going with padding on the fly.
Sigh, use your Imagination.
Using Imagination is a Main Key of Smash Infinite's doors.
How you're gonna make stuff on Smash Infinite without Imagination?

I did the Story of Hades 2 with power of my Imagination, so it's not that Hard.
Remember, anything doesn't need to make any sense sometimes.

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
Sigh, use your Imagination.
Using Imagination is a Main Key of Smash Infinite's doors.
How you're gonna make stuff on Smash Infinite without Imagination?

I did the Story of Hades 2 with power of my Imagination, so it's not that Hard.
Remember, anything doesn't need to make any sense sometimes.
To quote the MST3K theme song:

If you wonder how he eats and breaths,
And other science facts (la la la),
Just repeat to yourself, "It's just a show,
I should really just relax."

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547

We’ve done jobs like this in the past as a sort of side job.

I suppose now is as good as any to elaborate further about this Hades 2 job. First, and again it’s partially due my lack of knowledge in the series, but I have repurposed the prompt to be more inline of an expansive retelling of the Hades story with more content, locations, and potential endings. This game will be made available on most platforms including the Switch.

That being said, and I intended to way a little later to announce this, but we will be deciding which Infernal Arm and Boon that’s been submitted to add to Zagreus’ kit.

This was the main point for this prompt but I wanted to see how many people would actually submit within this fact being known. The idea is to include one of the submitted content to utilize for Zagreus for his moveset.

Yiptap

Smash Lord

I don't want to come off as rude, since I've agreed with your takes in the past, but this is just an internet thread. It really shouldn't be taken seriously like this.

Last edited:

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
We’ve done jobs like this in the past as a sort of side job.

I suppose now is as good as any to elaborate further about this Hades 2 job. First, and again it’s partially due my lack of knowledge in the series, but I have repurposed the prompt to be more inline of an expansive retelling of the Hades story with more content, locations, and potential endings. This game will be made available on most platforms including the Switch.

That being said, and I intended to way a little later to announce this, but we will be deciding which Infernal Arm and Boon that’s been submitted to add to Zagreus’ kit.

This was the main point for this prompt but I wanted to see how many people would actually submit within this fact being known. The idea is to include one of the submitted content to utilize for Zagreus for his moveset.
See, and this is exactly why I think it's a bad idea. Zagreus got our votes based on what him and his game ALREADY did, not because we want to add our own OC stuff. Creative liberties are fine in a case like Fox or Captain Falcon, who don't have the moveset potential inately, but when the character has the potential beforehand, what's the point of this? It's a total asspull to just make something up when there's plenty to work with already.

As someone who's played a hefty amount of Hades and has a good understanding of the game's lore and mechanics, which were specifically crafted and balanced through rigorous testing, without an actual, genuine build with this effect, and without an understanding of the game's deeper intricacies, somebody who's unfamiliar with the game could easily make something that breaks the game, either in Smash, or in Hades itself. Roguelikes and roguelites are notoriously difficult to balance because the whole point of the game is that the game generally does not scale with your character, because it's based almost entirely on luck with what you get. Enemies are designed to have tools to deal with the protagonist's potentially broken capabilities on a lucky run.

Perhaps it would be a good compromise to allow say, a submission like this:

Job 20XX
Don't Add Anything

Or perhaps, allowing a thread to veto a prompt they don't like would be a good compromise and help prevent long, drawn out discussions in the future.​

Last edited:
Job 20XX
Don't Add Anything

Or perhaps, allowing a thread to veto a prompt they don't like would be a good compromise and help prevent long, drawn out discussions in the future.​
This is an Internet thread and stop being mean about the Job.
Plus, you don't rule this thread and you can't make Jobs, which you behavior looks very unmatare and unfair!
Please stop!

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
This is an Internet thread and stop being mean about the Job.
Plus, you don't rule this thread and you can't make Jobs, which you behavior looks very unmatare and unfair!
Please stop!
I have every right to voice my opinions in this thread. I'm not going to stop just because it pisses you off. If you don't like it, feel free to block me.

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
STOP ACTING LIKE MANCHILD, OK??
GROW UP AND STOP BEING A CHILD.
That's rich coming from the person who constantly spams their Caps Lock button.

I don't want to come off as rude, since I've agreed with your takes in the past, but this is just an internet thread. It really shouldn't be taken seriously like this.
I'm just different that way, I suppose. I take my games seriously - even my make-believe ones. But hey, at least I'm not baby-raging over someone having a different opinion than me like a certain other user.

I'm just different that way, I suppose. I take my games seriously - even my make-believe ones. But hey, at least I'm not baby-raging over someone having a different opinion than me like a certain other user.
1. Bro, you have your opinion, but it doesn't mean that you should be mad about and doing huge breakdowns, you should agree with the Job, not being angry. I know everyone has different opinions, but they don't freak out like you, so stop being a mean person.

2. I know you take it seriously, but please, be humble human, not that guy, who acts pessimistic and soulless, be optimistic and have soul full of Happiness and hope.

Yiptap

Smash Lord

That’s fair. I can’t really talk since I get very serious when I play Uno.

Last edited:

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
That’s fair. I can’t really talk since I get very serious when I play Uno. I just wanted to avoid any heated arguments from coming out, but it hasn’t seem to have happened.
Contrary to what the kid believes, I don't get mad in regards to anything here. Yeah, I try to be serious in regards to the topic, but I'm not that bat**** insane that I'd actually get angry over this thread. I have too much in my real life that already drains my energy as is; I don't have the ability to get mad, just sigh and voice my opinion.

D

Deleted member

1. Bro, you have your opinion, but it doesn't mean that you should be mad about and doing huge breakdowns, you should agree with the Job, not being angry. I know everyone has different opinions, but they don't freak out like you, so stop being a mean person.

2. I know you take it seriously, but please, be humble human, not that guy, who acts pessimistic and soulless, be optimistic and have soul full of Happiness and hope.
This is a thread in which we make things. There's gonna be debate just as their is in the real world. GG may have got a little passionate but from what I'm seeing they did didn't actually say anything hurtful. You're not really helping things.

This is a thread in which we make things. There's gonna be debate just as their is in the real world. GG may have got a little passionate but from what I'm seeing they did didn't actually say anything hurtful. You're not really helping things.
Bro, I want to calm GamingGryffindor down, not make him angry.

Must... resist urge... to use... Uno Reverse Card...

Although real talk, it might be a good idea to hurry up to the next prompt.
Bro, don't listen to him, you have your own opinion.

Now great, everyone sees us arguing, we're busted as hell.

Last edited:

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Alright, I’ll be reopening this thread. I apologize for letting it get out of hand.

Couple of things before I do is that we are a community and, being a community, we obviously have differing opinions on how said community should run. That’s perfectly fine and voicing concerns helps the community grow and shows the leaders on what needs to be improved.

It’s best to let the situation settle and walk away before things that are said be left unsaid. Typing in all caps and getting bent out of shape is certainly not a way to go about it as well as goading others and pointing out their flaws is a great way to breed hostility.

I feel this situation is particularly my own blame for not clearly dictating the direction I wanted to take and wrote our prompt vaguely. As well, I could of addressed things personally instead of allowing the thread to devolve into such a state. Had I been more on top of things, perhaps we wouldn’t be there.

I’ll be reopening the thread and we will be moving from this train-wreck-of-a-job to one that will hopefully be more beneficial: Zagreus moveset stuff. I haven’t decided if we will incorporate stuff we submitted into his moveset kit. I am open to suggestions.

Mr. Robotto

Smash Ace
I think it's better if we just either accept all of them or just the first 8. The ones I've listed are all of the Boons in Hades and it would be weird to just start randomly selecting 7 out of them.

Also here was my Hades 2 pitch, it's unfinished as I don't feel like finishing it now since the job has been closed, but it would be a waste to just throw it in the trash and tonygameman tonygameman wanted to take a peek at it.

Alright I'm gonna have my own take here on the prompt. I'd love to elaborate on this cause I'm kinda hooked on the idea, but I'm pretty busy so I'll have to keep it brief.

Izanami
Concept & Story
A spiritual successor of Hades that takes place in the context of Shinto belief. Instead of the Greek Underworld, the game has a female protagonist, Nakisawame, venture through the several layers of Yomi. Yomi, also known as Ne-no-kuni (literally "Land of Roots") or Soko-no-kuni (literally "Hollow Land"), was imagined to be the place beneath the earth where the souls of the dead gathered. There were thought to be two entrances to Yomi, one, a mere hole in the ground in the province of Izumo blocked by a boulder, and another more dramatic entrance where all the seas plunge down into the earth.

Instead of our protagonist escaping Hell this time, she enters it, to attempt to rescue Izanagi, the mother goddess who has been rotting away in the land of the dead for an eternity. This was of her own volition, as she pitied her father who missed his wife Izanagi, and because of her love for him, she ventures into Yomi to rescue, and potentially cure, the mother goddess. Similar to Hades, she ventures through the several layers of Yomi and combats different inhabitants and Yokai. Iconic figures such as Raijin and several Shinigami will appear as bosses, with the titular Izanami serving as the final boss. Like Hades, this is a roguelike, which the player must beat several times to save Izanami and unlock the true ending, which finally reunites Izanagi with his lover. If Nakisawame dies though, she gets reincarnated by a tear shed by her father, which resets her journey.

Just like Hades, this game builds upon the lore and history of already pre-determined Shinto myths and legends. Especially that of the fate of Izanami and Izanagi. Which I'll briefly summarise below.

The main tale involving Yomi in the Kojiki is about Izanagi, the other creator god trying to rescue Izanami after her death. Izanagi went to Yomi to find his counterpart goddess Izanami, who had died. At first she hid from him, telling him that she could not leave because she had eaten the food of the underworld (anyone with familiar with Greek mythology will see the parallels with Persephone here). Izanagi persisted and wouldn't leave Izanami. She told him she would ask to leave, but that he must not look at her.

Izanagi promised not to, but quickly broke his promise while she was sleeping. He set his comb on fire (as one does) to see through the shadows of Yomi. When he saw Izanami's rotting, maggot-infested flesh he flipped out and ran away from Izanami and Yomi. Izanami woke up and was not impressed by her consort's reaction and broken promise. She sent the hags of the underworld, to chase him. When Izanagi escaped the hags, Izanami also sent Raijin, Shinto god of thunder after him before joining in the chase herself. During his retreat, Izanagi stopped the pursuing Thunders by throwing his stick (kunado-no-kami) in their path and brandishing three peaches, a fruit thought to possess magical properties. On finally reaching the outside world, Izanagi blocked the entrance to Yomi with an enormous stone, and Izanami was left to her fate. Izanami then pronounces a curse, vowing to kill a thousand people each day, to which Izanagi replies that he will then beget a thousand and five hundred people everyday to thwart her.

Gods
Just like in Hades, gods gift you their powers, in the forms of scrolls instead of boons this time, and are at your side to help you on your journey to save Izanagi. You will also be able to deepen your relationship with them, and accept quests from them (which constantly reference certain mythological stories) that will advance your relationship with the family member(s) in question (fixing up Amaterasu, Tsukuyomi and Susanoo's family drama for example). Here is a list of gods and their powers.

Amaterasu: The Goddess of the Sun, and one of the children of Izanagi. She will grant Nakisawame powers relating to fire, heat and light. A warm, gentle and mature deity with good intent.
Tsukuyomi: The God of the Moon, brother (and ex-husband) of Amaterasu and one of the children of Izanagi. He will grant Nakisawame powers related to the night and darkness, able to blend into shadows and use them to teleport. A self-righteous deity who speaks with his actions rather than words.
Susanoo: The God of Sea and Storms, younger brother of Amaterasu and one of the children of Izanagi. He will give our protagonists powers which are able to control the elements of the storm, generating cyclonic winds, lightning, storm and frost. He is a tumultuous deity at heart, and his chaotic moods and disheveled appearance are direct reflections of his status as the god of storms.
Hachiman: The ancient god or kami of war, divination, and culture, also known as the protector Japan. The powers he lend generally make Nakisawame stronger in strength and give her a more tactical advantage. When you call upon him, he will lay out his iconic Kamikaze. A very strict but just deity who despite believing in raw power, is a tactical genius.

Was planning to add 6 more gods and a few weapons, but since the job is now closed I feel like finishing up this idea another time instead. Also Zagreus was supposed to be a secret unlockable boss (with his entire toolkit from Hades) via Extreme Measures.

Last edited:

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
I think it's better if we just either accept all of them or just the first 8. The ones I've listed are all of the Boons in Hades and it would be weird to just start randomly selecting 7 out of them.

Also here was my Hades 2 pitch, it's unfinished as I don't feel like finishing it now since the job has been closed, but it would be a waste to just throw it in the trash and tonygameman tonygameman wanted to take a peek at it.

Alright I'm gonna have my own take here on the prompt. I'd love to elaborate on this cause I'm kinda hooked on the idea, but I'm pretty busy so I'll have to keep it brief.

Izanami
Concept & Story
A spiritual successor of Hades that takes place in the context of Shinto belief. Instead of the Greek Underworld, the game has a female protagonist, Nakisawame, venture through the several layers of Yomi. Yomi, also known as Ne-no-kuni (literally "Land of Roots") or Soko-no-kuni (literally "Hollow Land"), was imagined to be the place beneath the earth where the souls of the dead gathered. There were thought to be two entrances to Yomi, one, a mere hole in the ground in the province of Izumo blocked by a boulder, and another more dramatic entrance where all the seas plunge down into the earth.

Instead of our protagonist escaping Hell this time, she enters it, to attempt to rescue Izanagi, the mother goddess who has been rotting away in the land of the dead for an eternity. This was of her own volition, as she pitied her father who missed his wife Izanagi, and because of her love for him, she ventures into Yomi to rescue, and potentially cure, the mother goddess. Similar to Hades, she ventures through the several layers of Yomi and combats different inhabitants and Yokai. Iconic figures such as Raijin and several Shinigami will appear as bosses, with the titular Izanami serving as the final boss. Like Hades, this is a roguelike, which the player must beat several times to save Izanami and unlock the true ending, which finally reunites Izanagi with his lover. If Nakisawame dies though, she gets reincarnated by a tear shed by her father, which resets her journey.

Just like Hades, this game builds upon the lore and history of already pre-determined Shinto myths and legends. Especially that of the fate of Izanami and Izanagi. Which I'll briefly summarise below.

The main tale involving Yomi in the Kojiki is about Izanagi, the other creator god trying to rescue Izanami after her death. Izanagi went to Yomi to find his counterpart goddess Izanami, who had died. At first she hid from him, telling him that she could not leave because she had eaten the food of the underworld (anyone with familiar with Greek mythology will see the parallels with Persephone here). Izanagi persisted and wouldn't leave Izanami. She told him she would ask to leave, but that he must not look at her.

Izanagi promised not to, but quickly broke his promise while she was sleeping. He set his comb on fire (as one does) to see through the shadows of Yomi. When he saw Izanami's rotting, maggot-infested flesh he flipped out and ran away from Izanami and Yomi. Izanami woke up and was not impressed by her consort's reaction and broken promise. She sent the hags of the underworld, to chase him. When Izanagi escaped the hags, Izanami also sent Raijin, Shinto god of thunder after him before joining in the chase herself. During his retreat, Izanagi stopped the pursuing Thunders by throwing his stick (kunado-no-kami) in their path and brandishing three peaches, a fruit thought to possess magical properties. On finally reaching the outside world, Izanagi blocked the entrance to Yomi with an enormous stone, and Izanami was left to her fate. Izanami then pronounces a curse, vowing to kill a thousand people each day, to which Izanagi replies that he will then beget a thousand and five hundred people everyday to thwart her.

Gods
Just like in Hades, gods gift you their powers, in the forms of scrolls instead of boons this time, and are at your side to help you on your journey to save Izanagi. You will also be able to deepen your relationship with them, and accept quests from them (which constantly reference certain mythological stories) that will advance your relationship with the family member(s) in question (fixing up Amaterasu, Tsukuyomi and Susanoo's family drama for example). Here is a list of gods and their powers.

Amaterasu: The Goddess of the Sun, and one of the children of Izanagi. She will grant Nakisawame powers relating to fire, heat and light. A warm, gentle and mature deity with good intent.
Tsukuyomi: The God of the Moon, brother (and ex-husband) of Amaterasu and one of the children of Izanagi. He will grant Nakisawame powers related to the night and darkness, able to blend into shadows and use them to teleport. A self-righteous deity who speaks with his actions rather than words.
Susanoo: The God of Sea and Storms, younger brother of Amaterasu and one of the children of Izanagi. He will give our protagonists powers which are able to control the elements of the storm, generating cyclonic winds, lightning, storm and frost. He is a tumultuous deity at heart, and his chaotic moods and disheveled appearance are direct reflections of his status as the god of storms.
Hachiman: The ancient god or kami of war, divination, and culture, also known as the protector Japan. The powers he lend generally make Nakisawame stronger in strength and give her a more tactical advantage. When you call upon him, he will lay out his iconic Kamikaze. A very strict but just deity who despite believing in raw power, is a tactical genius.

Was planning to add 6 more gods and a few weapons, but since the job is now closed I feel like finishing up this idea another time instead. Also Zagreus was supposed to be a secret unlockable boss (with his entire toolkit from Hades) via Extreme Measures.
Dang, that story actually sounds kinda good. Better than my idea, at least.

ivanlerma

Smash Champion
Okay....that happen...

I guess i'll just not bring it up on here to remind anyone what just occured.

I don't have anything to share for Hades, I own the game but i did not get around to play it.

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Sigh…

Second try.

LETS GOOOOO!!!!

We will begin submitting movesets for Zagreus. Unlike our typical moveset submission round, this time we will be submitting an entire moveset per person as to have the end result be a cohesive moveset focused on particular aspects of Zangreus’ character as well as the entire playstyle of Hades.

Please note that the Down Special is Mapped to Boon. This will not change so there isn’t a need to add it in your submission. In addition, Boons can’t be mapped to other moves.

Here is Mr. Robotto’s playstyle that he submitted:
Stats:
In general a very balanced medium boy with a very balanced diet of pomegranates.

Running Speed: ~1.7
Walking Speed: ~1.0
Weight: 98
Jump Height: ~33 for an air jump, like Shulk's
Falling Speed: ~1.6

Playstyle:

Zagreus will utilise most of weapons in his wide arrange of moves. While all of his normal grounded attacks (jab & tilts) utilise his iconic Stygian Blade, his smash attacks, aerial attacks and grab & pummel will feature other weapons! As for his Special Attacks, most of these will consist of the moves in Hades he has that are affected by the Olympian Boons. So that means his cast and dash will definitely be part of his specials (neutral special and up-special respectively if you ask me), meanwhile we can use a weapon special attack for another special attack slot. But for his down-special, that's where his gimmick comes in...

Gimmick:
Down-B: Olympian Boons

Pressing Down-B will cause Zagreus to hold out his hand and say, “in the name of Hades!” as three glowing orbs appear above his head. Use the control stick to choose which of the orbs you wish to select, these orbs are called "Boons" and harness the powers of the gods of Olympus!

When choosing a boon, that god’s symbol will appear above of Zagreus’ percentage to indicate which god is helping him. Each god’s Boon gives Zagreus’ special attacks a unique spice to them for a limited amount of time, except for 2 certain special Boons that I'll specify later. The three Boon options will be random, and an Olympian Boon remains in effect for 30 seconds before Zagreus loses that Boon and returns to normal, in the meantime, Zagreus will not be able to select another Boon and his Down-Special will be rendered futile for the time being. There is then a 5 second cooldown before Zagreus can choose another Boon. As Zagreus' moveset isn't definitive yet and this is only a concept we're building upon, I will only specify what changes with Zagreus' cast and dash since those will definitely be part of his specials. Some of these boons will also affect some of Zagreus' normals, but as those are still unspecified I'll only be able to be as vague as possible.

Also just because it's fun, when selecting a certain Boon, a voiceline and certain sound effect will play from that Boon's god upon accepting their gift like in the game. Gotta love fanservice! The Boons and their respective symbols are as follows.

BoonInfoSymbol (above %)
Zeus
Signified by a lightning bolt. The Greek all-father Zeus’ boon will give Zagreus’ cast, dash and other certain attacks an electric effect to them!

Cast:
Instead of the usual cast, Zagreus casts an electric bolt that can bounce off opponents up to three times, with each bounce having a homing effect. This also deals electric damage to opponents.

Dash:
Instead of his usual dash, when Zagreus dashes he will release of a shockwave of energy at the starting point of each dash that deals electric damage!
Poseidon
Signified by a blue trident, his Boon generally deliver impressive pushback when using certain moves!

Cast:
The weakest of the cast abilities in terms of damage, Zagreus fires a blast of water forward that deals minor damage but delivers hefty knockback!

Dash:
Due to the pushback of the waves, this has the most recovery, Zagreus engulfs himself in rushing water as he fastly rushes. This recovery deals no damage but deals impressive pushback to enemies.
Demeter
Signified by an icicle rod, Demeter’s boon will give freezing effects to certain specials and moves.

Cast:
Zagreus plants a crystal which remains in-place and fires a long-range ice stream blast forward for a very short period of time. The ice beam can easily be dodged, but if hit it will freeze opponents. An amazing zoning tool.

Dash:
A slower recovery than the rest, Zagreus rushes through the air as he casts a short-range blast of frozen air all around him. Opponents hit by Zagreus or hit by the ice around him have a high chance of being momentarily frozen.
Dionysus
Signified by a purple glass, Dionysus’ boon will allow Zagreus to poison opponents when performing certain specials.

Cast:
Zagreus throws out an arced bomb-like projectile forward which explodes into a cloud of poison when hitting an opponent or surface, which will stay in effect for 2 seconds before dissipating and delivers the poison status effect to anyone caught in the fog. This move does not deal damage or pushback on impact.

Dash:
Zagreus surrounds himself in a mist of purple bubbles as he rushes into his recovery. While this distance is a lot more shorter than the rest, opponents hit by Zagreus in this state will be dealt a poison effect!
Athena
Signified by a shield, Athena’s boon will give Zagreus’ specials a reflector ability. Zagreus will also receive less damage and pushback when using this boon, but deal less damage in general.

Cast:
Zagreus fires a slow-moving circular shield forward that delivers strong damage to opponents and reflects projectiles!

Dash:
Zagreus rushes with his recovery as he is surrounded by three rapid moving shields that circle around him that reflect any projectiles that hit Zagreus while using the recovery.
Ares
Signified by a war spear, Ares’ boon will give Zagreus’ specials a deadly multi-hit attack AND a negative status effect called doom.

Cast:
Zagreus fires a slow moving but multi-hit dark spinning blade forward. It moves slow but can string opponents along for multiple hits of damage and high-end knockback. This also deals a new debuff called “doom” where after 5 seconds, the opponent with a dark red Ares logo above their heads will be instantly dealt a heavy hit of damage with no knockback, similar to Sephiroth's side-special.

Dash:
Zagreus rushes, and from where he started the dash a dark buzzsaw is left spinning in his place, dealing multiple hits of damage for a moment before disappearing. Similarly to his cast, this also deals a new debuff called “doom” where after 5 seconds, the opponent with a dark red Ares logo above their heads will be instantly dealt a heavy hit of damage with no knockback.
Artemis
Signified by a bow and arrow, Artemis’ boon effect will give Zagreus’ specials chance to critical hit! Similar to Hero, his Smash attacks will also be able to deal critical hits!

Cast:
Zagreus fires a green fast-moving arrow forward. This special has a 1/6 chance to deal a critical hit which will increase the knockback and damage of the arrow! This projectile also deals heavier damage than other projectiles to shields.

Dash:
Zagreus rushes while surrounded by green energy that forms the tip of an arrow around him and deals consistent damage throughout the dash. While using this move, Zagreus has a high chance to deal a critical hit to opponents who are caught in the end of the recovery attack.
Aphrodite
Signified by a heart, Aphrodite’s boon effects are short range, but will cause a unique debuff called charm, which will weaken an opponent’s attack power briefly when utilising specials.

Cast:
Zagreus casts a very short-range pink blast of energy forward which deals quite a lot of damage compared to other cast variations. Has the shortest range, but has high damage and knockback potential, and can easily KO at high percentages. This will inflict charm unto foes, and weaken their damage output by 30%.

Dash:
Has the shortest range of the recoveries, Zagreus rushes in a recovery as he is surrounded by pink energies and hearts. Opponents hit by this recovery will have a heart over their head for a short time, which causes a new debuff called charm where opponents now temporarily deal 30% less damage.
Hermes
A very rare boon compared to the other Olympian Gods'. Upon selection this will not alter Zagreus' moves and only make Zagreus faster, akin to Hero's Acceleratle. Multiplies Zagreus's walk, dash, air speed, air acceleration, and air friction stats by 2×-2.5×, depending on the stat.
Chaos
The most rare boon of all, when being gifted by Chaos, all of your attacks will have increased damage output, but Zagreus will take more damage as well when he is being hit. His damage output will be increased by 1.8× and knockback output by 1.2×, although the damage being dealt to Zagreus will be increased by 1.4x. This affects all of Zagreus' attacks, and he does not receive a special Dash and Cast variation.

A very high-risk, high-reward boon.
Based on his write up, each type of normal move is mapped to a particular Infernal Arm used in Hades. You get to decide what Infernal Arms are used!

In addition, the Specials are attacks that are affected by these Boons which includes Cast and Dash. These should probably be included to create a complete moveset. You can dictate how the attack functions and acts both on its own and coupled with Boons.

Finally, Zagreus will be able to stack up to 3 Boons. Boons last thirty seconds before vanishing. Initiating a Boon while three are active and will push out the oldest one.

Oh, and Zagreus will have an unique Fire animation while walking and running which caused sparks and end embers to rise up. Landing from a jump will cause these embers to shoot up even higher.

So, what we will be doing is:
  • Submit Infernal Arms that are mapped to his normals including aerials, throws, and Smashes.
  • Submit Specials that are affected by Boons
  • Submit a Final Smash

For those not interested in submitting a moveset, we will also allow for additional content to be submitted. This includes the following:
  • Entrance Snimation (1)
  • Idles Poses (2)
  • Taunts (4)
  • Victory Animations (3)
  • Victory Theme (1)
  • Classic Route (1)
  • Palutena’s Guidance (1)
  • Snake Codec (1)
  • Kirby Hat (1)
  • Boxing ring (1)

GolisoPower

Smash Master
Classic Route: Escape from Hades: Zagreus faces off against foes that represent his journey to escape the Underworld. All battles are Stamina.
  • Round 1: Officer Howard (Male), fought in Dracula's Castle. Represents Skelly.
  • Round 2: :ultdk:, :ultkirby: x3, Ashley, fought in Mt. Hikami. Represents the Wretched Thug, Numbskulls, and the Wretched Witch, enemies found in Tartarus.
  • Round 3: :ultzss: x3 (Red, Green, Blue), fought in Mt. Hikami. Represents the Fury Sisters.
  • Round 4: Giant :ultridley: (White) x4, fought in Norfair. Represents Lernie, the Bone Hydra.
  • Round 5: :ultlink: & Giant :ultganondorf:, fought in Coliseum. Represents Theseus and Asterius.
  • Round 6: Giant Iori, fought in Clock Tower. Represents Charon.
  • BONUS GAME
  • Round 7: Dracula

Last edited:

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
For those wondering, here’s what we will be doing concerning the Hades content:

• Vote on a moveset
  • Submit and vote for a stage
  • Spirit Board submissions (updated process)
  • Music Submissions (updated process)
  • Hades-related plus bonus SmashSpace content
  • Decide which two bonus content we will add and submit
  • Decide on the number of Hades affiliated Mii Costumes plus additional Mii Costumes to come with that wave
  • Come up with a working name for the dlc bundle

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom