• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros. Infinite Project (Finally Finished!???)

Which title should we use?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

ivanlerma

Smash Champion
What would the NSO Commodore be? I looked it up and it’s borderline at best. Even the Mario & Sonic BC has a better leg up than this, it seems.

So according to our voting, we are going to utilize four different alts rather than the Broodals.

Broodals had 6 votes while the conglomerates had 10 altogether.

I appreciate a lot of the support they were given and I’m sorry we had to resort to an “all or nothing” way of voting. Now we will begin voting what alts we want to see be included. We will take the results of these votes and factor into the popularity and the “realizability” of each Alt. Here are the alts that were submitted. Please let me know if I missed any. I’ll be making the Google form in the next hour or so.
Sorry Spamton, Seems You're Audition Email has been rejected.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Please use this to Show what Alt you want!

Well….the damage was done and our response was a bit too late. Things that got leaked were:
  • A portion of Wishing Stars
  • A good deal of the Smash Dungeon
  • SmashSpace content
  • All the stages
  • Some Mii costumes
Certain accounts that posted leaked content were suspended with C&D issued to offenders. Now, our leaks that got put out did mitigate some damage but we also outed ourselves by unveiling the following games that are in production:
  1. Drill Dozer: Shifted Up
  2. Code Name S.T.E.A.M. port
  3. Fire Emblem Fates: Definitive Edition
  4. Earthbound: Rebound
Still though, the fake leaks was able to generate enough discussion that this did help in a way. We will continue to monitor the situation and prepare for further leaks from early releases.

Reminder, the game launches in 12 hours!

As for our last job before launch…

Job #121: What was your best memory of Smash Infinite

We have gone through a lot together. Tears were shed, tables were pounded, keyboards were typed, and movesets were crafted. We included the best of the best and the oddball of the oddballs. We included both the most amount of third party plus female characters ever in a Smash game with the largest launch roster yet. We tried to tiptoe the line between realism and fangasm. The thread saw upheavals such as the Barista Wars, the Trials of Twitter, Say “YES” to Female Fighters, and JuniorGate. Some of our most wanteds were included while others were forgotten.

What was your greatest memory in the Infinite thread over the past year?
What did you enjoy the most?
What upset you the most?
What was your personal experience with the thread?

Share your stories and drink with your comrades as tomorrow, we will see the fruits of our labor.

Last edited:

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Best memory:
-Bob
6BE78867-8FEC-4CDA-9CA6-8795FDD7B5E0.jpeg

-Sneaking obscure and dumb meme tracks into the music doc
-The Bubsy Spirit somehow perservering to final product
-Thinking the Amazon had a chance at getting in.
-Convincing the thread runners to allow the uncensored DK Rap

Worst memories:
-Clippy
-The Banana spirit
-The Fatal Frame stage incident

Last edited:

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
Honestly, I still remember the joy I felt when my Smash Dungeon submission actually got added. I've had a record of submitting things, only to not have it win, so seeing my first successful submission was a very nice feeling...

Yiptap

Smash Lord
Best Memory: Most of the project, Spending time in the Infinite Discord and making some friends
Enjoyed Most: Smash Dungeon
Upset Most: Rare instances of people being rude and pissy in the thread, Bowser Jr Alts

Overall, this was one of my favorite experiences in the past year, maybe even ever, so thank you all so much!

Last edited:

cashregister9

Smash Hero
Best Memories:
-The Creation of and the work done on the wiki
-Marin and Crazy Dave
-Smash Dungeon
-The general format is also fun

Worst Memories:
-"Too Many Female Fighters"
-The Really arbitrary rules tied to the spirit list (Seriously why can't we add mobile game spirits again?)
-the Bowser Jr. Alt situation

Jomosensual

Smash Champion
What was your greatest memory in the Infinite thread over the past year? - For sure writing the reveal trailer for Jill and Leon at the Game Awards. That one was a ton of fun to do. Also watching Max Brass just barely miss out on getting in was a heartbreaker

What did you enjoy the most? - For sure the discussions around which characters to add. Everyone had their own takes on it and the discussion period was a ton of fun to be a part of

What upset you the most? - I was not a fan of the Reimu inclusion at all. That or the switching votes vs. vote monitoring discussion. Good results came out of it but oh boy was that not fun at the time.

What was your personal experience with the thread? - Very good! At the time I joined I was pretty into Smash spec and the likes and when I get hyper focused on something my brain loves to pour a ton of creative juices into that thing, so Infinite helped a ton with that. Once we're done here I'm likely tapping out of Smashboards for a while so it's been nice to have one last Smash thing to do before I officially resign myself to the offseason, so to speak.

Here's to DLC and hoping I can finally get Far Cry or Bioshock in a meaningful role

GolisoPower

Smash Master
Best Memories:
-Officer Howard, Reimu & Crazy Dave
-Wishing Stars
-Smash Dungeon
-The evolution we've gone through as a thread.

Upsetting Memories:
-The DLC Pass debacle
-Some random dudes trying to be toxic trolls (Like when someone submitted FNAF content)

Personal Experience:
I may have hopped in because SharkLord said Reimu was voted into Infinite, but man was it fun contributing to the base game with you guys. Also, I loved just expressing creativity and showing people some out-there picks. There may have been some downsides of others, but out of all of it, I'd say we all had a splendid journey.

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
What was your greatest memory in the Infinite thread over the past year? - For sure writing the reveal trailer for Jill and Leon at the Game Awards. That one was a ton of fun to do. Also watching Max Brass just barely miss out on getting in was a heartbreaker

What did you enjoy the most? - For sure the discussions around which characters to add. Everyone had their own takes on it and the discussion period was a ton of fun to be a part of

What upset you the most? - I was not a fan of the Reimu inclusion at all. That or the switching votes vs. vote monitoring discussion. Good results came out of it but oh boy was that not fun at the time.

What was your personal experience with the thread? - Very good! At the time I joined I was pretty into Smash spec and the likes and when I get hyper focused on something my brain loves to pour a ton of creative juices into that thing, so Infinite helped a ton with that. Once we're done here I'm likely tapping out of Smashboards for a while so it's been nice to have one last Smash thing to do before I officially resign myself to the offseason, so to speak.

Here's to DLC and hoping I can finally get Far Cry or Bioshock in a meaningful role
Lol, I forgot about the entire vote monitoring thing. People switching votes and such. That was a headache. I totally forgot about that. And let us not forget the randos who came in and spammed our Alt costume doc with things like Blaziken for Captain Falcon.

Glubbfubb

Smash Champion
Fake Lea
Pokemon Crome Black and Pure White (Remakes of Gen 5 that have a comic book art style to fit in Pokemon New York, uses the story of Black and White 1 but uses the Black and White 2 Gym Leader roster)

Real Leak
Pokemon Mind and Pokemon Soul (Journey to the Elrya Region, themed around the Nation of Mexico, travel through the Pokemon league and stop the dastardly Team Grim from using the boxart legendaries steal the knowledge of the living or steal the souls of the dead respectively to power a superweapon, and discover unique Soul Modes that invert the types of certain Pokemon, uniquely instead of Fire Grass and Water for the starters they use the triangle of Rock Flying and Fighting instead with a Crystal Skeleton, Dancing Salsa Bird, and a Luchador Bear as the starters for the region respectivly.)

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
Fake Lea
Pokemon Crome Black and Pure White (Remakes of Gen 5 that have a comic book art style to fit in Pokemon New York, uses the story of Black and White 1 but uses the Black and White 2 Gym Leader roster)

Real Leak
Pokemon Mind and Pokemon Soul (Journey to the Elrya Region, themed around the Nation of Mexico, travel through the Pokemon league and stop the dastardly Team Grim from using the boxart legendaries steal the knowledge of the living or steal the souls of the dead respectively to power a superweapon, and discover unique Soul Modes that invert the types of certain Pokemon, uniquely instead of Fire Grass and Water for the starters they use the triangle of Rock Flying and Fighting instead with a Crystal Skeleton, Dancing Salsa Bird, and a Luchador Bear as the starters for the region respectivly.)
A region based on Mexico would be pretty cool, not gonna lie...

But I think we're already done with the leaks.

SharkLord

Smash Hero
Favorite times were back when I had energy for Smash stuff, submitting content and making movesets. Especially when I managed to vote Reimu in - It was around then my Touhou/Ys mania was at it's peak. I'm still into them, but it fluctuates and it's not the hot new thing I've just discovered anymore. Good times...

Least favorite was the vote-switching, which didn't amount to much beyond giving the current leaders even more of a lead and giving less-voted characters even more of a disadvantage. That was frustrating.

airConditioner

Smash Ace
As someone who participated since the beginning:

The most I got out of this was respecting the sheer amount of work that goes into an actual Smash game. It was a lot of work trying to figure out prompts to do, what to take, how many to take, and we're not even making a real game. Something we've gotten a bit of flack for is how restrictive we can be sometimes. I'd go to the point to say that we as a leadership team were lenient, especially with spirits. Very, very lenient. Really, in what world would Nintendo add characters like half of our Indie spirits and half of the third party representation (I am partially to blame here) as spirits. As one of the few people who would actually make content (those being stock icons and universe icons), I'm pretty surprised at the amount of random things that were allowed through. Like the Sonic shoes alt. And Crazy Dave. There's a lot of factors that would make some things unfeasible, but because we're not making a real game, it's a lot more acceptable. But for the people who have to make something, it's a crisis at 4am trying to figure out how to work something properly while still keeping the style. Though I agree that that time with the Fighting Game characters was a bit too restrictive. That being said I think we did an ok job at keeping everything somewhat realistic, except of course for our friend Buck Bumble Mii Costume.

I think I've gotten a better outlook at what video games are and gotten out of my comfort zone for video games because of this project and all of the offshoots, especially Battle of AGES (which I still have yet to formally participate in). There's a lot of characters and games I would not care for had I not participated. Cool! Though the worst thing that came out of this for me is how I can't look at video games without thinking about spirits anymore. Please save me from this burning hell.

All in all, I may be putting too much thought into things and I should put some logic aside. Overall though, it's been an ok year and I'm glad to met the people ( Mr. Robotto Mr. Robotto Krookodilian Krookodilian ) who have made my life a little bit better.

It's been an honor working with everyone here, even if we disagree at times.

Commander_Alph

Smash Lord
Best Moment:
  • Getting a character that is unpredictable and not going with the flow of speculation.
  • Managing the wiki as well as uploading, cropping images, and formatting the Alt Costume page (seriously, just hire me as the Wiki Manager)
  • And Smash Dungeon
Worst Moment:
  • The spirit thing.. like what Cash says.
  • Leadership sometimes forget to state the specifics of the prompt (the Dave recolor submission where it's all selected by leadership because they forgot to say "oh yeah, don't pull from external media" despite Smash's recolor sometimes overlapping with the ones you don't expect to correlate + the arbitrary "everything has to be a reference" rule).
  • Wishing Star gets shafted to just a budget "Choose Your Own Adventure" which I know is necessary because world-building takes a lot of time.
My Experience?
Pretty good, I feel like I barely made a long-lasting connection with anyone till today with WeirdChill and that mostly agreeing about the Broodals and it is pretty depressing, but I mostly am the one to blame since I always take this too competitively and my nature of taking everything at heart has always taken a toll on me.

Best Moments:
  • Fire Emblem Character memory
  • Smash dungeon
  • Inclusion of Hades as Boss.
  • Inclusion of Retro rep

Worst moments:
  • INCLUSION OF TUTU FOR SATAN'S SAKE!!!!!!!!!! (If I could go back in time, I could force people to vote for my perfect Shapeshift Cloak, not for Ballerina Skirt!)
  • Fighting Game incident.
  • Twitter as Stage
  • Nahobino Nomination

Last edited:

airConditioner

Smash Ace
[[Pipis]] DAMMIT. MIKE [[Clipped My Wings]] AT THE LAST MOMENT, JUST LIKE HE ALWAYS DOES. I'M SO UPSET I COULD [[Eliminate the Middle Class]].

AT LEAST I HAVE MY NEW [[Tag as Best Friend?]] RYO. HE GETS ME.

"this kind of defeatism will never get you anywhere! come to my dojo to spar!"

He flies away in the clown car.

Last edited:
SUPER SMASH BROS. INFINITE IS LIIIIIIIVE!!!

Sir, I'm playing the game and I started Wishing Stars!
The gameplay is sooooooooo Good! I got some spirits and Wishing Stars unlocked.

I rate it 10 out of 10!

Umm, now what?
Bonus DLC Character? I bet it won't be an Enemy, it should be something obscure.
Or...
Gameplay discussion?

I expected that many people will come to the thread. Only Venus, Wario Cubed and Me.
At least we're playing the story mode.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Sir, I'm playing the game and I started Wishing Stars!
The gameplay is sooooooooo Good! I got some spirits and Wishing Stars unlocked.

I rate it 10 out of 10!

Umm, now what?
Bonus DLC Character? I bet it won't be an Enemy, it should be something obscure.
Or...
Gameplay discussion?

I expected that many people will come to the thread. Only Venus, Wario Cubed and Me.
At least we're playing the story mode.
I believe we're taking a break for a bit before any DLC.

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
We will be addressing Bowser Jr alts this coming week but, yes, we are going on hiatus for the time being with sporadic jobs but nothing like we saw previously. Perhaps a few related jobs per week. We will be taking an extended break until next month so we can prepare catch up on archiving content and resting. We will begin dlc content in earnest before Christmas.

Last edited:
See will be addressing Bowser Jr alts this coming week but, yes, we are going on hiatus for the time being with sporadic jobs but nothing like we saw previously. Perhaps a few related jobs per week. We will be taking an extended break until next month so we can prepare catch up on archiving content and resting. We will begin dlc content in earnest before Christmas.
Okay, got it and we need to edit the Smash Infinite Wiki. It feels so unifinished for a Wiki.

tonygameman

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-3706-2453-6800
Wait a minute, if Rugal is the boss, then... why did I fight Geese?
You went into a secret boss fight (Rathalos was both an Assist Trophy and boss) we developers didn't know about in the first place at all, eh? Hopefully you didn't face his Nightmare form, cause he's like both figuratively and literally thanks to a certain syndrome (much like say, a Level 9 CPU with more attacks).

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom