• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros. Infinite Project (Finally Finished!???)

Which title should we use?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

cashregister9

Smash Hero
Alright! Gonna redo my post a bit so here we go:

Job 123:

Robin

Chrom replaced by Tharja in Robin's victory animations

Robin's victory animations will work as this now. Using this video for reference

1. The first victory taunt stays the same, but Tharja is seen creeping in the background off in the distance the entire time
2. The second scene will be reworked a bit. Robin will show off with his/her magic but Tharja, who is much closer to him now, will be behind him and use some dark magic, startling him
3. Robin prepares to pose with Chrom as he usually would, but instead when he turns around Tharja is standing right next to him, which make Robin jump and drop his sword and thomes.
I think only Focusing on Tharja isn't the way to go, maybe have each Victory screen have a different character, maybe Tharja, Morgan and someone else.

That's just my 2 cents though.

Last edited:

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Quick question: why do we need to do votes on QOL improvements? Shouldn't they just be kind of a given and not in a limited quantity?
We won’t be including all of the changes as we want to ensure that the changes that we do make are 1) realizable, 2) functional, and 3) within reason. Also, to see which QOL updates people want to see most included.

Last edited:

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Submissions for both the three characters alts and the QOL updates is now closed! Also, the Anime Spirit Event submitted by Commander_Alph Commander_Alph is also closed. Thank you for submitting the event. There were a lot of amazing Spirits!

We will be kicking off the Quality of Life improvements for the below fighters. Thank you to everyone who submitted Please choose your top three that you think would make the most sense to incorporate into the list of fighter updates. Ranked voting are on and, unlike in most voting rounds, you May vote for your own submission for your first choice!

Robin and Tharja Victory Animation Change and Part 2 Jomosensual Jomosensual
Steve Material Limit Bar Adrianette Bromide Adrianette Bromide
P-Wing Bomber Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario
Homing Attack Taunt Janx_uwu Janx_uwu
Talking Bowser BowserKing BowserKing
Hero Power Up cashregister9 cashregister9
Sephiroth AC Gigaflare Venus of the Desert Bloom Venus of the Desert Bloom
Pac-Man Death Noises Krookodilian Krookodilian

I still need to get the next job prompt ready so, in the mean time, please feel free to vote.

In addition, following our charqcter update section, we will be ending the Smash April Direct maybe Once we finish it, we will shift gears a bit and open a free discussion regarding the upcoming E3 Nintendo showcase. This discussion, if our timing is correct, will last the morning of the Direct (EST time) to the evening.

Last edited:

Mr. Robotto

Smash Ace
Gonna round off the DQ spirits with my favorite monster of the bunch.

DQVIII_-_Imp (1).png
Imp (DRAGON QUEST III: The Seeds of Salvation)
(Artwork: Dragon Quest VIII (I think? lol))
Category: Primary
Type: Attack
Class: Novice ★
Ability: Lightweight
  • Puppet Fighter: Dark Pit [Purple]
  • Stage: Gaur Plain
  • Music Track: Fighting Spirits - DRAGON QUEST III
  • Match: Stamina (70HP)
  • Conditions:
    • The enemy starts out with a Bob-Omb
    • Stamina Battle

look at this dumb idiot I love him

See you tomorrow for Capcom Spirits!

Last edited:

Janx_uwu

Smash Champion
Writing Team
The Homing Attack Taunt was my submission, not Paraster’s.

1. Homing Attack Taunt
2. Pac-Man death noise
3. Talking Bowser

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
I do want to take this time to thank the leadership team for stepping up to handle the thread. As many of you know, I moved back to the States from Japan back in April with a family in tow. I left Japan where I had a full time English teaching job and took a part time subbing job here in Ohio. It had been about 7 years since I last saw my family and it was their first time to meet my kids. I had time at work to check the thread, update the wikia, and other things during downtime’s or when I was between work.

Sadly, my time will be more limited as I took a truck loader position for UPS for the summer. I started last Wednesday and got to working on Thursday and the job is, more or less, kicking my ass. I have a nine hour day tomorrow and seven on Tuesday. Also, due to the nature of the job, I can’t check my phone as I risk getting my loading line backed up which then results getting chewed out by my supervisor. I’m also studying for my teaching certification exams to get licensed to teach TESOL and/or Japanese so there’s that, too. Most of my free time currently is spent doing and planning for this thread.

I really appreciate the leadership team taking the reigns on the thread and handling a lot of the work and content for it in my absence. That includes counting votes, starting jobs, collecting submissions, and answering questions and concerns. I will still keep tabs on the thread and will jump in when I can. Without them, I don’t think I would be able to keep up with this thread in its current capacity.

Thank you so much Mr. Robotto Mr. Robotto , Krookodilian Krookodilian , airConditioner airConditioner and Ramen Tengoku Ramen Tengoku !

Last edited:

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Oops, stop the voting please. I think I forgot a submission. Checking the thread now

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
cashregister9 cashregister9 Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario Adrianette Bromide Adrianette Bromide Jomosensual Jomosensual C chocolatejr9 Janx_uwu Janx_uwu PeridotGX PeridotGX
I apologize but I forgot to include Yiptap’s submission. You are free to change your vote or keep it the same.

Submissions for both the three characters alts and the QOL updates is now closed! Also, the Anime Spirit Event submitted by Commander_Alph Commander_Alph is also closed. Thank you for submitting the event. There were a lot of amazing Spirits!

We will be kicking off the Quality of Life improvements for the below fighters. Thank you to everyone who submitted Please choose your top three that you think would make the most sense to incorporate into the list of fighter updates. Ranked voting are on and, unlike in most voting rounds, you May vote for your own submission for your first choice!

Robin and Tharja Victory Animation Change and Part 2 Jomosensual Jomosensual
Steve Material Limit Bar Adrianette Bromide Adrianette Bromide
P-Wing Bomber Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario
Homing Attack Taunt Janx_uwu Janx_uwu
Talking Bowser BowserKing BowserKing
Hero Power Up cashregister9 cashregister9
Sephiroth AC Gigaflare Venus of the Desert Bloom Venus of the Desert Bloom
Pac-Man Death Noises Krookodilian Krookodilian
New DK Voice Yiptap Yiptap

I still need to get the next job prompt ready so, in the mean time, please feel free to vote.

In addition, following our charqcter update section, we will be ending the Smash April Direct maybe Once we finish it, we will shift gears a bit and open a free discussion regarding the upcoming E3 Nintendo showcase. This discussion, if our timing is correct, will last the morning of the Direct (EST time) to the evening.

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
1. Sonic Homing Taunt
2. Pac-Man Death Sounds
3. Steve Material Bar

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Job #124: Submit a New Final Smash for a Veteran

Back in Ultimate, several characters received a new Final Smash or got a preexisting one revamped. This was partially due so “people can get back into the action”. Others, like Pit or King Dedede were a bit peculiar. For this job, we are looking to the characters whose Final Smash was never touched since the beginning and give an entirely new one for them. Please note that this submission period does not apply to characters like Pikachu, Sonic, and Pac-Man whose Final Smashes were largely tweaked but still retained the same name and properties. Ultimate newcomers aren’t eligible. In addition Mario (Super Star), Samus (Hyper Beam), and Young Link (Fierce Deity Link) are also ineligible as they have new Final Smashes included in Infinite.

Here is the full list of characters that are eligible for a final smash revamp:
  • Jigglypuff
  • Captain Falcon
  • Ice Climbers
  • Dr. Mario
  • Peach
  • Mewtwo
  • Marth
  • Roy
  • Ike
  • Pokémon Trainer
  • Toon Link
  • Olimar
  • Villager
  • Wii Fit Trainer
  • Palutena
  • Mii Brawler, Gunner, or Swordfighter
  • Robin
  • Bowser Jr
  • Duck Hunt
  • Dark Pit
  • Ryu
  • Corrin
  • Bayonetta
These characters are all eligible for a Final Smash overhaul based on the fact that they 1) have retained their original Smash since Day 1 and 2) never got an update in Ultimate.

For now, we will be only submitting an entirely new Final Smash for a veteran.
On a later date, we will be submitting revamp versions and aesthetic versions as well. This is to keep submissions and voting light as we had a huge stage round previously.

If you want to know why a certain character is ineligible; we can explain why but, to save time, here’s a general guideline on why a veteran isn’t eligible :

1) The previous Final Smash was entirely changed out (Fox, Falco, Yoshi, etc)
2) The previous Final Smash was revamped (Pikachu, Diddy Kong, Sonic, etc)
3) The previous moveset had an additional feature added to it (Greninja, Shulk, Cloudetc)

Please indicate the following information:

1) Veteran who is getting a new Final Smash
2) What is the new Final Smash. Please also provide the damage percentage output.
3) Reason to include it

Last edited:

Paraster

Smash Lord
New Final Smash

Jigglypuff:
Max Starfall

Jigglypuff grows to a massive size much like Puff Up, but hits max size instantaneously and appears Dynamaxed (red glow, clouds above its head). This growth does not actually hurt or push away opponents, though; it effectively teleports into the background as it grows.

After it grows, it cries out and summons three large yellow star projectiles that fall straight downward--one on its left side, one on its right, and one at its center. These projectiles deal 16% damage to any opponents they hit, and the opponents are spiked and slowed. After the projectiles hit the ground, they linger for a second before exploding, each dealing 40% damage. (The explosions do not overlap.)

Why? Jigglypuff deserves a Final Smash that actually reflects a canonical move and isn't just pushing. Involving Dynamax, however, allows Puff Up to be honored by preserving the "grow huge" part while simultaneously referencing a canonical mechanic.

Jomosensual

Smash Champion
Job 124:

Robin(yes, going to continue to try and fix him up)

Pair Up V2

Since I was considering him/her for the last job involving Robin, this one will involve Morgan. Replacing Chrom's role in Robin's old Pair Up final smash, Robin will call Morgan, using their seemingly canonical look as a mini robin, shows up on the screen and assists in using thomes to attack the enemy trapped in the Final Smash. The gender of Morgan will change depending on which Robin is being used, with female Morgan showing up for Male Robin and Female Robin getting Male Morgan. This reflects how the gendering of Morgan works in the actual game.

The damage stat stays the same from the original with the attack dealing 45% damage - 5% with the initial strike, 26% for the flurry of attacks (13 strikes at 2% damage each), and 14% for the finishing strike

cashregister9

Smash Hero
Job 124

SPOILERS FOR FIRE EMBLEM AWAKENING!

(I know Jomosensual already submitted one for Robin but I have a different idea.)

New Robin Final Smash:

Fell Awakening: Robin attains red eyes and a shadowy mist around them and they appear in the middle of the screen, In the background Grima is shown and screams, 2 Massive Fell Lasers appear on the left and right side, once they disappear, Grima creates a Massive Fell explosion that emanates from Robin, The final smash ends with Robin falling down onto the ground with their eyes reverting and the mist disappearing.

Last edited:

Janx_uwu

Smash Champion
Writing Team
Isn't Kirby inelligible since his Final Smash was changed from Brawl to Smash 4?

JOB 124: Cure (Dr. Mario's new Final Smash)

When activated, Doc will grab one end of his stethoscope and swing it in front of him like a whip (functionally similar to Byleth's initial hit of his Final Smash). Everyone caught will be thrown into a cutscene that resembles the above image-with a fully rendered Dr. Mario standing in the upper right and the opponents trapped in the jar. Doc will throw down pills at alarming speeds, which is a cutscene and not directly controlled by the player. Getting hit by a pill will hurt you badly, as well as being in the vicinity of a four-color match, which will create a large explosion. Finally, to ensure everyone got hit, Dr. Mario will heave up a gigantic pill similar to the ones in his current Final Smash and have it fall down in front of the jar, hitting everyone inside. Dr. Mario chuckles and the cutscene ends.
EDIT: The reason we should include this Final Smash is that it is much more accurate to the Dr. Mario series to trap his opponents in a puzzle like the ones from his games, than for doc to just do Mario's Final Smash but with pills. Also, it's entirely possible for echoes and semi-clones to have different Final Smashes than their counterparts-Pit and Dark Pit's Final Smashes are compltetly different to accommodate for their lore and personalities.

Last edited:

Krookodilian

Smash Ace
Isn't Kirby inelligible since his Final Smash was changed from Brawl to Smash 4?
I will carry the message forward to Venus but yes, Kirby should be ineligible for this job.

EDIT: left out the in on the eligible. Since Kirby had a new final smash in Smash 4 we won't be modifying it.

Last edited:

airConditioner

Smash Ace
1. Robin Changes
2. Pac-Man death sounds
3. Steven Materials Meter

it's capcom day!
Phoenix Wright (Ace Attorney)
Class: Advanced
Type: Primary Defense
Slots: ⬡⬡
Effect: Initial Damage 30%
  • Puppet Fighter: Kazuya
  • Stage: New Donk City Hall
  • Music Track: Applying Justice ~ Raydrik Battle (Fire Emblem: Thracia 776)
  • Match: Stock (1)
  • Conditions:
    • The enemy gets a major stat boost when badly damaged

(not too sure about the music on this one)
Miles Edgeworth (Ace Attorney)
Type: Primary Attack
Effect: [None]
  • Puppet Fighter: Ken, Metal Takamaru
  • Stage: New Donk City Hall
  • Music Track: Geki! Teikoku Kangekidan (Sakura Wars)
  • Match: Stock (1)
  • Conditions:
    • Defeat the main fighter to win
    • Periodic Earthquakes will shake the stage 😏

Last edited:

Commander_Alph

Smash Lord
It's Capcom Day!
Jin Saotome (Cyberbots: Full Metal Madness )
Category: Primary
Type: Attack
Class: Ace ★★★
Ability: Fist Attack ↑
  • Puppet Fighter: Captain Falcon (White), Giant Metal Ganondorf (Red)
  • Stage: Wrecking Crew (FD)
  • Music Track:
  • Match: Stamina (100HP) Ganondorf, (80 HP) Captain Falcon
  • Conditions:
    • Reinforcement will appear during the battle (Captain Falcon)
    • The enemy's FS meter charges quickly
1623655317531.png
Devilotte (Cyberbots: Full Metal Madness )
Category: Support
Class: Advanced ★★
Ability: Steel Diver Equipped
  • Puppet Fighter: Peach (White)
  • Stage: Midgar (FD)
  • Music Track:
  • Match: Stamina (80 HP)
  • Conditions:
    • Hostile Assist Trophy will appear (Wily Capsule)

Mr. Robotto

Smash Ace
It's.. uh.. Capcom Day!
AlexSFIII3rd-removebg-preview.png
Alex (Street Fighter)
(Debut Game: Street Fighter III: New Generation)
(Artwork: Street Fighter III: Third Strike)

Class: Ace
Type: Primary Grab
Effect: Easier Perfect Shield
  • Puppet Fighter: Incineroar [Green]
  • Stage: Mementos
  • Music Track: Ken Stage (Remix)
  • Match: Stamina (160HP)
  • Conditions:
    • The enemy's throws have increased power
    • The enemy's physical attacks have increased power
    • Stamina Battle
Dudley_big-removebg-preview.png
Dudley (Street Fighter)
(Debut Game: Street Fighter III: New Generation)
(Artwork: Street Fighter III: Third Strike)

Class: Novice
Type: Support Attack
Slots: ⬡
Effect: Fist Attack ↑
  • Puppet Fighter: Little Mac [White]
  • Stage: Mario Circuit [Omega]
  • Music Track: You Blow My Mind
  • Match: Stamina (120HP)
  • Conditions:
    • The enemy's punches have increased power
    • Stamina Battle
Makoto_big-removebg-preview (1).png
Makoto (Street Fighter)
(Debut Game: Street Fighter III: Third Strike)
Type: Support Attack
Slots: ⬡
Effect: Dash Attack ↑
  • Puppet Fighter: Min Min [Red/White Alt]
  • Stage: Suzaku Castle
  • Music Track: You Blow My Mind
  • Match: Stamina (140HP)
  • Conditions:
    • The enemy's punches and kicks have increased power
    • The enemy favors Tilts and Smash Attacks
    • Stamina Battle