• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros 4 (Wii U/3DS) Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

LaniusShrike

Smash Champion
Alright, here's a question I've got about the forums. What exactly is the process of getting into the debate section of the boards? By my understanding, the process is:
1. Go into the Proving Grounds sub forum and discuss things for awhile.
2. After you feel pretty good about your debating skill level, you go to the "Center Stage" thread and make a case for yourself.
3. If that's successful, you are granted the rights to post in the Debate Hall forum.

... but I don't have sufficient posting privileges to post in the Proving Grounds in the first place, and I can't help but notice that it's been over a year since someone posted in Center Stage. Is the Debate Hall pretty much just not taking newcomers...?

And on a more Smash related note...
As far as I can tell, the next Nintendo Direct date hasn't been announced. Is that normal? It seems like it normally would be getting pretty close by now.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I got my first 10,000 posts fast, but the second is taking forever

I remember when I joined here, I saw your post count compared to everyone else's here, and I was pretty shocked at first, haha. And then I saw Omega's...

Disfunkshunal

Manners Maketh Man
NNID
Disfunkshunal
3DS FC
1848-1876-3249
Alright, here's a question I've got about the forums. What exactly is the process of getting into the debate section of the boards? By my understanding, the process is:
1. Go into the Proving Grounds sub forum and discuss things for awhile.
2. After you feel pretty good about your debating skill level, you go to the "Center Stage" thread and make a case for yourself.
3. If that's successful, you are granted the rights to post in the Debate Hall forum.

... but I don't have sufficient posting privileges to post in the Proving Grounds in the first place, and I can't help but notice that it's been over a year since someone posted in Center Stage. Is the Debate Hall pretty much just not taking newcomers...?

As far as I can tell, the next Nintendo Direct date hasn't been announced. Is that normal? It seems like it normally would be getting pretty close by now.
Hover over your name at the top of the page and then click join user groups in the drop down menu. You should see a temp debater check box, click it and then profit.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I remember when I joined here, I saw your post count compared to everyone else's here, and I was pretty shocked at first, haha. And then I saw Omega's...
I had a higher post count than Omega for a while. It actually wasn't very long before he left that he finally got past me

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
@ John:
That was her golden moment, imo. I agree with you there. I don't think I've ever really disagreed with Neon on anything, or at the very least I've taken what she's said about things into account when it comes to certain topics.
Silly Smooth, I've had plenty of golden moments, but yeah, disproving SmashChu is always fun. ;)

I'm also glad I've reached the stage of not having my points being completely dismissed by you. :laugh:

O'kaz A1

Smash Journeyman
Am I the only one who's gonna (super) saiyan about waiting for a new pic or update about the next Smash Bros games?

O'kaz A1

Smash Journeyman
By the way I think Peach really has gone mad about the fact that she hasn't being confirmed as a character in the next Smash Bros games yet. So she has been a Super Saiyan for a while...

Peach has gone that mad.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
If we even get another July Direct, it'll probably be announced this week or next week, but it's entirely possible we don't get one this month, in which case it's not that abnormal to not have the next one announced yet. Actually it's downright normal, Nintendo usually is incapable of giving us more than a few days notice anyway. :laugh::rolleyes:

Baskerville

That's a paddlin'
NNID
RedGazelle7
3DS FC
4184-3881-5805
Kinda hard to believe its only been a few weeks since the reveal, guess time just goes slooow. But yeah, we might get another Direct this month but as N3ON said, Nintendo likes to tell us at the last minute. But maybe they'll show new footage or hopefully a playable demo at Gamescom (probably not but hey), personally I think they should make a Direct just for Smash 4 until it come out.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
Kinda hard to believe its only been a few weeks since the reveal, guess time just goes slooow. But yeah, we might get another Direct this month but as N3ON said, Nintendo likes to tell us at the last minute. But maybe they'll show new footage or hopefully a playable demo at Gamescom (probably not but hey), personally I think they should make a Direct just for Smash 4 until it come out.
It feels like we're back in January just...waiting....waiting...waiting... (←My attempt at typing an echo.)

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Oh hey, I just got the "You've been here 1 whole year" reward even though I've lurked on and off since 2007.

Demna

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1478-4225-1103
The only fighting games that I seriously play are Super Smash bros. and Naruto: GNT, both which are dead where I live now. The only revival for each game is a new installment, and since Naruto won't get a game on the Wii U anytime soon, my only hope for a hardcore competitive fighting game is SSB4. I'm honestly bored and time is passing way too slowly....

Disfunkshunal

Manners Maketh Man
NNID
Disfunkshunal
3DS FC
1848-1876-3249
Why haven't I seen that yet? That was amazing! And you're an amazing person for showing it to me!

TheWhiteBowser

Smash Ace
Are we banana peels?
No actually we are all homosapiens virtually existing on an internet based chat site that serves no purpose to benefit our lives other than make us better on a game that involves video game characters punching the crap out of each other which still in the end does not benefit our lives.

But hey what's wrong with that?

~automatic

Smash Legend
NNID
automaticdude
Are we banana peels?
Yup; we're all instrumental to slapstick comedy.
No actually we are all homosapiens virtually existing on an internet based chat site that serves no purpose to benefit our lives other than make us better on a game that involves video game characters punching the crap out of each other which still in the end does not benefit our lives.
Some of the cooler and more interesting people I've met irl in the last 2 years have been tourney goers from this site. I think that's a good thing I've gotten out of being a member of the forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom