• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros 4 (Wii U/3DS) Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
I dunno, I like SmashChu too, but he did get carried away constantly harassing Smooth Criminal without any reason. At least that's what I recall the most, lol.

May as well bother me about my Strength.
Well, I was very antagonistic towards him at times because he was so goddamn patronizing about his viewpoints on marketing and video games. That probably didn't help matters.

I remember one time where N3ON dismantled his entire point about how franchises sell. She even had concrete freaking evidence to back up her claims, bringing up sales figures and articles on marketing methodology to bear...and he freaking dismissed it, parroting his previous points and acting like he won the whole bloody debate. Don't even get me started on competitive gaming or how to play video games when it comes to him. Hell and blood. That kinda **** bugs me, y'know? Bow your head just a teensy bit once in a while, and take **** humbly. Have respect.

Smooth Criminal

lobotheduck21

Smash Master
NNID
@AntwonGodefroy
3DS FC
4914-4683-5067
I really hope you can put your own music onto stages

I want the original DK rap from that melee remix crap

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Oasis is my fabourite users. He's definitely my Smash World Forum's waifu. Well, him and Teran. Although I think he would be my husbando

I could have sworn he modded the Brawl hacking section for a while. Did he mod the forums at KCMM instead? I went there a few times in October and November.

Iunno yo. Just know he's never modded here.

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero
Nah, he's never been a mod. I don't even remember who modded here before M&SGuy. I remember when he wasn't a mod though... heh

OH, i think it was Gavin, or whatever his name is. Uhhh, I have him on Skype... wtf is his name... He's gay and I think he's a furry. And he's real nice. Just forget his name. >.< He's not a mod anymore though.

I don't like... two posters. I don't care for/indifferent about most, and I like a few.
I could have sworn he modded the Brawl hacking section for a while. Did he mod the forums at KCMM instead? I went there a few times in October and November.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
@ Smooth
I believe that N3ON incident is where I was sold she was a good poster. He kept giving her nothing new but old reused phrases and his rhetoric, and she kept her cool.

Also, my favorite thing he said was "it's too hard" to be competitive, which is why smash 4 won't be competitive. Yeah, wakeboarding/baseball/boxing/long distance running competitions don't deter me from doing any of those things on a regular basis at a "casual" level. Thus, the point is m00t, but never to him.

Also, I'm really glad Sakurai came out with pro-competitive play comments, because now that GameFAQs legions of anti-competitive idiots can die a painful death with that debate. How they don't understand that a game involving timing, with an items off switch, unique characters, and all kinds of exploits isn't naturally competitive is beyond me. I mean, Mario games are stupid simple, and yet, those games are competitive (via speed runs).
Yeah, but that rivalry is older than pretty much everyone on here right now. (Even Me) I think I'm the oldest (most consistent user) on this board right now. I remember when most of these people started posting actively/signed up.
Or when most of us returned to these boards, like in my case.

BTW, did you start posting before or after Chrono got all active with Smash 4 stuff=??? Because he's been active with it forever. It's almost like he skipped Brawl entirely or something, which was odd. He must really be into character speculation. I know as much speculating as I do here, I play smash like 3 times as much.

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
Oasis is my fabourite users. He's definitely my Smash World Forum's waifu. Well, him and Teran. Although I think he would be my husbando
Teran's a douchebag, but at least he's a loveable and intelligent douchebag that I can respect.

@ John:

That was her golden moment, imo. I agree with you there. I don't think I've ever really disagreed with Neon on anything, or at the very least I've taken what she's said about things into account when it comes to certain topics.

Smooth Criminal

lobotheduck21

Smash Master
NNID
@AntwonGodefroy
3DS FC
4914-4683-5067
I think Chrono is still active, I PMed him after the wii fit reveal to get his opinion, course that was a month ago but still

MexM

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4468-1063-3341
Johnknigh1, just a question but, are you from a Punch Time Explosion group from Facebook?

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Teran's a douchebag, but at least he's a loveable and intelligent douchebag that I can respect.

Smooth Criminal

He's not as big of a kak as he pretends to be. Wait, no he is. But he's also awesome. I should really hit him up again.

BTW, did you start posting before or after Chrono got all active with Smash 4 stuff=??? Because he's been active with it forever. It's almost like he skipped Brawl entirely or something, which was odd. He must really be into character speculation. I know as much speculating as I do here, I play smash like 3 times as much.
Chrono, Chu, TTK, Toise, Pieman, Star, Arcade, and Kuma, are the posters who were here before me that are still slightly active. And Toise and Pieman barely show up anymore.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
@ John:
That was her golden moment, imo. I agree with you there. I don't think I've ever really disagreed with Neon on anything, or at the very least I've taken what she's said about things into account when it comes to certain topics.
She's pretty dang bright. I forget who said it, but someone who I've know for a while once told a group of us that she was the best new poster he's seen in years, and you know what=??? They might be right. Plus, she's pretty great at manipulation. In the BRoom Mafia game she convinced everyone she was innocent while she was the Godfather of the Mafia, as well as in a relationship with the mayor, pulling his strings. And she did it by being aggressive. That's pretty ballsy.
Johnknigh1, just a question but, are you from a Punch Time Explosion group from Facebook?
I've never even played that game, and no, facebook privacy policies scared me away from all but about a dozen groups (facebook in general scares me on a privacy level), only 4 of which are gaming-related (SWF, SMYN, Brawl Vault, and Project M).

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
He's not as big of a kak as he pretends to be. Wait, no he is. But he's also awesome. I should really hit him up again.
Lmao. ;3

Chrono, Chu, TTK, Toise, Pieman, Star, Arcade, and Kuma, are the posters who were here before me that are still slightly active. And Toise and Pieman barely show up anymore.
What about John? He was around for that stuff, right?

I've always been around, kind of. I mostly lurked back then.

Smooth Criminal

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Funniest part of my "predictions" pre-E3: Me saying the smash bros. trailer will be trailer-ception.
Best part of E3: Smash Bros. trailer-ception being a real thing.
Funniest part of E3: The Call of Duty Dog pulling the audio plug from the Battlefield 4 presentation.
Most hyped part of E3: "THE FIGHTING ROBOT... MEGA MAN!!!"
Most troll part of E3: Having an audio hearing of Manly and his brother's first response to the 3rd newcomer revealed at E3. It was an amazing experience.
Greatest E3 reaction: Hoots getting Hoots crazy mad over the Wii Fit Trainer.
Most depressing E3 moment: Everything Young Horsetail said about the Wii Fit Trainer for 2 weeks.
I really hope you can put your own music onto stages
If it is not in the game we will find a way to make BRSTM's (or the WiiU/3DS equivalent) work in Smash WiiU and/or Smash 3DS.

But yeah, I agree 100%. You should be able to add essentially at least like 20 songs per stage, if not infinite. I mean, what prevents that from happening=??? We can use like up to 2TB of external memory, so why not=???

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704

He might have been, but if he was, I didn't notice him. I only started noticing Star a few months after joining, despite the fact that he was on here the whole time. It was four years ago, and my wittle brain doesn't remember

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
If you guys want to know if/when/why/how/who I was around, just ask me directly! I'm still here fools, Ridley belt and all! :teeth:
Funny that of all those guys, Chrono was the only guy who posted a lot from the pre-Brawl days. Man, that guy has stamina for this like crazy. I know I can't stand it sometimes, and I go off topic all the time because it, or I just talk about crazy things I want in smash! :laugh:
I think Chrono is still active, I PMed him after the wii fit reveal to get his opinion, course that was a month ago but still
Oh no, I was asking if Shortie was around WHEN he began actively re-starting his Smash 4 "campaigns." And seriously, it was only like a 4-8 month "span" between his initial campaigns (bring back Roy/Mewtwo and give us Ridley) to what he's basically said since then (that plus about 4 other characters), as well as all the research he's done over the years and forum reading.

I used to think I was a hardcore lurker pre-Brawl; but once I met Chrono, I found out my thoughts on myself that way were wrong! :chuckle:

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
I've been around pretty much since December 2009. I've taken two two month breaks. Mostly because some people here annoyed me so much I couldn't stand to be here. One was in 2010, and it was during the begining days, before the second SSB4 thread opened. The original Smash 4 discussion thread was pretty slow back then, and you forgot about it often. The second time was when this subforum opened up.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486

I've always been around, kind of. I mostly lurked back then.
Nah, I did some of this stuff back in 2008 and a tad in 2009, but I quit until around summer of 2011. By then, shortie and co. had already setup camp in that Smash WiiU/3DS thread for quite a while before my arrival. Oh, and back then, Omega already had over 10,000 posts in that thread; it took me nearly 2 years to reach not even half that mark, and I had like the 4th most posts in that thread.

I took like a 4 month break once, and a 2 month break once or twice as well in that span, as well as several multi-week breaks, like any sane person. Heck, I did most of my posting while working on homework or IM'ing people. Nowadays I'm so old I do it in between that stuff mostly! :laugh:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I got my first 10,000 posts fast, but the second is taking forever

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
John was before his time. Along with most '07-'08 bloomers. I've been lurking for years, mainly sticking to character forums.

I actually remember people complaining at how quickly Incarnate's post counted rose, as well. lol

The only thing I ever had/did was a nomination for Forum Monkey in 07' for having like 2k posts in less than 2 months.
Was banned for at least 1/4 of that time, at that.

D

Deleted member

I did make a few post in March, 2010, but didn't really seriously speculate. I did some speculation over at IGN in 2009 but it was mostly me commenting on rosters and the comments that come with it. It wasn't until very shortly before E3 2011's reveal did I start seriously speculating.

I have taken three "breaks" so far; one was from February, 2012 to April, 2012, one from June 2012 to mid July, 2012 and the last one was from Janurary, 2013 to February, 2013.
Yeah, but that rivalry is older than pretty much everyone on here right now. (Even Me) I think I'm the oldest (most consistent user) on this board right now. I remember when most of these people started posting actively/signed up. The only one who might be more consistent is John, but I'm not sure. I've seen two Smash4 threads (Maybe even three, not sure) before this subforum was created.
It was just two Smash 4's thread; the SSB4 thread and the SSB Wii-U thread.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
All I ever wear is AE undies, and a bro-tops.

So you can wear whatever you want too ~

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
John was before his time. Along with most '07-'08 bloomers. I've been lurking for years, mainly sticking to character forums.
Pretty much. Lurked for a few months before joining, hung around during the initial Brawl hype acting like the young idiot that I was, got bored when there started to be nothing but competitive talk and Melee Vs. Brawl BS, came back when the game was announced to be in the planning stages.

Will never really go on any breaks since I literally need to use my computer everyday and will probably continue hanging out here until I finish school and join the 3DS scene.

sonus

Smash Cadet
The unlockable characters were revealed in the Brawl Dojo after the Japanese release.

even still, we could find out all the characters from players in japan if they get it first which is good news to me.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Isn't Smash 4 having an international release, as in all at the same time or was that changed?

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
I just woke up and read 6 pages of pure mind shattering stuff. What the hell just happened here?

Oh wait, this is the Smash 4 General Discussion Thread. It explains everything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom