• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros 4 (Wii U/3DS) Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

lobotheduck21

Smash Master
NNID
@AntwonGodefroy
3DS FC
4914-4683-5067
Ok, when your Wii U boots up does it go to a list of Mii's with a black name (the mii's name) under the image of the mii, and a yellow name directly under the black name

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
What happened to being on the same team
We were gonna fulfill the smasher's dream
Turning our enemies into hilarious memes
While listening to their incredible screams
The opponents to us will bow
like we had a golden cow
and when we strike they'll hear a "POW!",
and people will wonder how,
so you best respect us now,
before we make you say "chao."

D

Deleted member

Do you have a Wii U or a 3DS

also when did johnknight and golden get in a spat
One does not need to be in a spat with another to be a loving **** towards them. :troll:

...and no, I don't mean in that way, get your filthy mind out of the gutter.

EDIT: What I mean is, be around someone long enough, ripping on each other is to be expected.
....as long as it isn't going too far.
*sits in rocking chair, pulls out cane, grows long white beard*
In fact, sonny boy, there are some people I still hang with that I've known since early childhood, and we rip on each other so bad that people that didn't know any better would think we hated each other. :laugh:
It also reminds me of...........zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

lobotheduck21

Smash Master
NNID
@AntwonGodefroy
3DS FC
4914-4683-5067
Let's just get one thing straight, almost everyone has gotten into a fight with me, Golden, and Diddy.
*Thinks back* I guess

Actually I've never had a fight with any of you (I've actually only had fights with Smashchu (big surprise) and DSN (over his naivety))

MexM

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4468-1063-3341
Before joining, while lurking around, I saw people had fights with Smashchu too. Mainly about Isaac/Matthew and Saki/Isa.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Let's just get one thing straight, almost everyone has gotten into a fight with me, Golden, and Diddy.
I don't think I've ever gotten into a thing with you. I just take your sarcasm and "comments" and try to counter them like some sort of weirdly fun competition. :shades:

And everyone has a thing against Diddy because he has this thing for Impa where he doesn't stop talking about her even when everyone tells him to be quiet about it. He'll talk about her in any thread, whether it's an item thread, a stage thread, or a go-go dancer thread.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
*Thinks back* I guess

Actually I've never had a fight with any of you (I've actually only had fights with Smashchu (big surprise) and DSN (over his naivety))

>Been Here since 2012
>Been here since 2009

You've missed a lot. I'm not as irritable as I used to be. Still annoyed everything (and everyone) I was annoyed by then, just don't feel the need to express it as much.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
I still hate you Shortie in the best way possible!!! ;)
So it's once again Johnknight making snide comments without proper research. Oops.
What that Pit's voice actor in Brawl sucked=??? That's an opinion based on hearing it. How is that an uninformed snide comment=??? :confused:
also when did johnknight and golden get in a spat
I am wondering when the latter get into a spat with the former, because I have no memory of the former getting in a spat with the latter.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
EDIT: What I mean is, be around someone long enough, ripping on each other is to be expected.
And I usually love doing things like that.

But my social anxiety kicks in when I'm the only person arguing against more than one person and I end up feeling foolish. :upsidedown:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I guess my Nitnendo Network ID is Psychoincarnate

Also

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Before joining, while lurking around, I saw people had fights with Smashchu too. Mainly about Isaac/Matthew and Saki/Isa.
Almost all of SmashChu's comments on competitive/technical/skill-based gameplay was dead wrong, along with a few of his 3rd party statements.

However, that was more of a (nearly entirely respectful) debate (on his part obviously flawed), so I guess I've never had a fight with another. And like anyone on SmashBoards, I don't hold anything against him, and like most people on SmashBoards, he has done no real wrong to me.

MexM

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4468-1063-3341
Almost all of SmashChu's comments on competitive/technical/skill-based gameplay was dead wrong, along with a few of his 3rd party statements.

However, that was more of a (nearly entirely respectful) debate (on his part obviously flawed), so I guess I've never had a fight with another. And like anyone on SmashBoards, I don't hold anything against him, and like most people on SmashBoards, he has done no real wrong to me.
Oh. Interesting.

D

Deleted member

I still hate you Shortie in the best way possible!!! ;)

What that Pit's voice actor in Brawl sucked=??? That's an opinion based on hearing it. How is that an uninformed snide comment=??? :confused:
I am wondering when the latter get into a spat with the former, because I have no memory of the former getting in a spat with the latter.
One does not need to be in a spat with another to be a loving **** towards them. :troll:

...and no, I don't mean in that way, get your filthy mind out of the gutter.

*sits in rocking chair, pulls out cane, grows long white beard*
In fact, sonny boy, there are some people I still hang with that I've known since early childhood, and we rip on each other so bad that people that didn't know any better would think we hated each other. :laugh:
It also reminds me of...........zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
Ironically enough, you gave a perfect example of what I was explaining to lobo with what you said to shortie. :laugh:

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Smashchu's 3rd party views were exactly right, imo. He was just wrong in guessing that there wouldn't be any third parties. But his reasoning is right. Especially because it was all based off of things Sakurai said.

lobotheduck21

Smash Master
NNID
@AntwonGodefroy
3DS FC
4914-4683-5067

Na, I got into a fight with him simply for being a douche (still had some good points

DSN I got into a fight with over his overall shoving Micaiah down my throat (love the character but please buddy, give me a break) and him cuttin K. Rool for Sheriff

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
I get annoyed with people from time-to-time (case in point, poor Monk), but I don't really dislike anyone in this thread, per se. I just get to the point sometimes where I start to feel strongly about certain things, be it topically-related or not. However, I usually make it a point to remain sidelined in most discussions because a lot of the time things that I wanna say have either been said already, or they were conveyed in such a way and with such detail that it superseded my original thought. I don't mind posting with the intent to goof off, or to ask questions; the former, well, I gotta get my jollies, and the latter only occurs if I can't immediately find the answer on my own.

SmashChu's kind of an exception, though. :troll: Sorry, bro, you still gotta earn my respect. Dude besmirches everyone and doesn't even give a whit. Worse still, he's unflappable in his freaking consumerist paradigm. GRAGH! SLAP, *****. He frustrates me. I'll admit to holding some measure of contempt towards Hyper for a long while, but I realized over the course of time that she's a helluva lot more open-minded than I originally thought. She's just stubborn on a few points. Not to mention, she has a dry sense of humor like I do, and some of the punniest jokes are the best ones.

(Consider this a belated apology, Hyper.)

So, yeah.

Smooth Criminal

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
I dunno, I like SmashChu too, but he did get carried away constantly harassing Smooth Criminal without any reason. At least that's what I recall the most, lol.

May as well bother me about my Strength.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
I believe SmashChu was a moderator back when I lurked here around November. Is that right?

Nah, he's never been a mod. I don't even remember who modded here before M&SGuy. I remember when he wasn't a mod though... heh

OH, i think it was Gavin, or whatever his name is. Uhhh, I have him on Skype... wtf is his name... He's gay and I think he's a furry. And he's real nice. Just forget his name. >.< He's not a mod anymore though.

I don't like... two posters. I don't care for/indifferent about most, and I like a few.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Smashchu's 3rd party views were exactly right, imo. He was just wrong in guessing that there wouldn't be any third parties. But his reasoning is right. Especially because it was all based off of things Sakurai said.
Some of his 3rd party views were right (not a ton of 3rd party views), but man, his idea of 1-shot guests and smash not being like other fighting games is another example of him contradicting himself, especially since the 1-shot guests is the standard in most fighting games.

Still, those were more of his theories than things he said as fact, so I guess I'll let that one slide. But still, him saying he wants smash to be unlike other fighting games in every way and then saying that is contradicting himself, if even just a little. :laugh:

Also, where has he been=??? I haven't seen him post at all. I never got to see his reaction to Sakurai saying Smash WiiU and 3DS would be more competitive friendly, or to spikes being shown to return, and stuff like that. He's the one guy who's been around that I didn't see a reaction by.

Also, all y'all not in my Skype Smash WiiU/3DS reveal chat missed out. My reaction and SSBF's reaction to Mega Man's confirmation was insane. I think I went Piccolo and said "I can do it! I can win! YES! YES! YES! YESSSS!!!!" :chuckle: Also, some of us (mostly me, Moon, Habanero, and Smooth) trolled Manly, Manly's brother, and augusto with the Wii Fit Trainer reveal (we linked the former two the video and got their reaction, and it was amazing).

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
He's around. I see him rather frequently. Just not in this thread. He comes to my house sometimes and we crunch poll numbers together ~ Star does too.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
He's around. I see him rather frequently. Just not in this thread. He comes to my house sometimes and we crunch poll numbers together ~ Star does too.
I thought Star got murdered in the Mafia game. I specifically remember leaving him (dead?) flowers on his grave. :ohwell:

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Given Kuma's signature, I doubt he has anything positive to say about SmashChu.

As for me, I've never spoken to him. I have never seen him in an angry state or freaking out about something, so I'm not sure what to think of SmashChu yet.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Yeah, but that rivalry is older than pretty much everyone on here right now. (Even Me) I think I'm the oldest (most consistent user) on this board right now. I remember when most of these people started posting actively/signed up. The only one who might be more consistent is John, but I'm not sure. I've seen two Smash4 threads (Maybe even three, not sure) before this subforum was created.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom