• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros 4 (Wii U/3DS) Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
I'd personally be very surprised if we didn't get the Tanooki Leaf as an item in this game.... Allows characters to do a quick spin attack that can also deflect projectiles if timed right and float slowly to the ground and all. Maybe even glide with it too?

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
I'd personally be very surprised if we didn't get the Tanooki Leaf as an item in this game.... Allows characters to do a quick spin attack and float slowly to the ground and all. Maybe even glide with it too?
I can really see this happening. Nintendo has been dishing out this power up left and right. The the spin should be able to deflect projectiles.

Gargaglione

Smash Lord
I'd personally be very surprised if we didn't get the Tanooki Leaf as an item in this game.... Allows characters to do a quick spin attack and float slowly to the ground and all. Maybe even glide with it too?
True. It even got into Mariokart
Btw, quick question, do you guys like Super Mario Bros 3 or Super Mario World more?

I personally prefer SMW

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
I can really see this happening. Nintendo has been dishing out this power up left and right. The the spin should be able to deflect projectiles.

Yeah it's even making a return in Super Mario 3D World (Not sure about Mario Kart 8 though but I wouldn't be surprised if it was in that game too).

I'm kinda looking forward to have it in Smash though. Looks like a pretty fun item to use.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
The left character is Kirby and the right character is Peach.

Seriously though, I pity anyone that has problems with the Cloaking Device.
I also like how the item malfunctions at random intervals giving away your already obvious position.

Jedisupersonic

Eight Leaves One Kame Style
NNID
Jedisupersonic
3DS FC
4871-3983-7566
True. It even got into Mariokart
Btw, quick question, do you guys like Super Mario Bros 3 or Super Mario World more?

I personally prefer SMW
I like Mario 3 more, it was one of my first games I ever played. My Mother and I played it to death and learned every little secret. To this day when I visit sometimes we play it for old times sake, see who can gather the most lives from our insane knowledge of the game xD. Plus I love the levels the power ups and everything the most out of all the 2-D Mario's.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
Actually, I believe it only malfunctions when you attack.
So much for sneak attacks :rolleyes: But it does kind of fizz and go in out when you stationary.
But after thinking about it makes sense why the item conceals your location so poorly,
it would be hard to make out where the player is on the stage, and could possibly SD without the player knowing.
But then again they do have the P1 markers that hover above the players head.

Which kind of defeats the purpose of masking your position. :laugh:

Gargaglione

Smash Lord
I like Mario 3 more, it was one of my first games I ever played. My Mother and I played it to death and learned every little secret. To this day when I visit sometimes we play it for old times sake, see who can gather the most lives from our insane knowledge of the game xD. Plus I love the levels the power ups and everything the most out of all the 2-D Mario's.
Yea, I love em both, but I prefer SMW because you're encouraged to explore every inch of the level to find secrets and replay levels. Also, I love Yoshi.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
The only reason why the Cloaking Device wasn't entirely useless was because of it's side effect of preventing the user from taking damage. If it wasn't for that, then the item would be rather pointless.

Disfunkshunal

Manners Maketh Man
NNID
Disfunkshunal
3DS FC
1848-1876-3249
It looks fine now, (except in the quote) for some reason the white backround doesn't show up in the image when I reload the page.
That's because it's two different images. The image in my post is a Jpg with a white background. After I posted that I edited my post with a png image and then you quoted me. Now it's a jpg again and if you quote me again it'll have a white background this time.

The best part about the cloaking device is when you play with nametags your name hovers above you the entire your time you're "invisible". Also not going to lie, I did have a few fun special brawls where everyone was invisible the only item on was smoke balls.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Too bad the Wii U tablet isn't the normal controller. Otherwise cloaking device would work perfectly. Imagine just having to look down at you rcontroller and seeing yourself perfectly, but on the big screen, you're completely invisible.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Too bad the Wii U tablet isn't the normal controller. Otherwise cloaking device would work perfectly. Imagine just having to look down at you rcontroller and seeing yourself perfectly, but on the big screen, you're completely invisible.

Yeah I was just thinking about something like that. Perhaps in the 3DS version when everyone has their own 3DS. If you grab the Cloaking Device you can see yourself just fine (Maybe your character looks a bit paler). But everyone else can't fully see you (They can still see dust and projectiles and everything of course in order to get a good idea where you roughly are).

Demna

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1478-4225-1103
This is a big question and may open a lot of discussions, but it sure it interesting.

Question: What's your favorite Super Mario game?
This includes all Mario-related games (excluding Super Smash). My personal Mario game is a tie between Mario Party 5 and Super Mario Galaxy. MP5 provided great multiplayer entertainment while SMG provided great single player entertainment.

DonutFinder

Smash Journeyman
NNID
theonlyisaac
3DS FC
0533-6566-7593
This is a big question and may open a lot of discussions, but it sure it interesting.

Question: What's your favorite Super Mario game?
This includes all Mario-related games (excluding Super Smash). My personal Mario game is a tie between Mario Party 5 and Super Mario Galaxy. MP5 provided great multiplayer entertainment while SMG provided great single player entertainment.

Mario Kart Wii/Super Mario World

D

Deleted member

Can anyone find the source in which the Brawl's roster was finalized in July, 2005?

LaniusShrike

Smash Champion
Well I think there probably gonna take off Wolf. :/

I disagree. I think they'll differentiate him even more and keep him in.

I'm thinkin' that his new final smash should be him calling in a Wolfen strike team that bombards the stage as he goes around trying to grab people to pin them in place.

Demna

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1478-4225-1103
Well I think there probably gonna take off Wolf. :/
Personally I think that Falco has a higher chance of getting removed than Wolf, and I really think that Falco will be removed. The reason for this cognitive perspective is mainly due to the need of antagonists or villains in the Smash series.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Super Mario World.
If we're including the RPGs, It's both Paper Mario N64 and TTYD for me, followed closely by SMRPG.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Mario Kart Wii would be my favorite. But I also like SM64, SMS, SMRPG, NSMBW, and MT64.

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
My favorite platforming Mario games?

1. Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island
2. Super Mario Galaxy 1 and 2 (they're both really good in my eyes, so it's hard for me to keep 'em separate)
3. Super Mario 64
4. Super Mario World
5. Super Mario Bros. 3

My favorite Mario RPGs?

1. Super Mario Bros. RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars
2. Mario and Luigi: Superstar Saga
3. Super Paper Mario
4. Mario and Luigi: Partners in Time
5. Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door

My favorite Mario spin-offs?

1. Mario Strikers Charged (god I loved this game so freaking much)
2. Mario Tennis (Gamecube)
3. Mario Kart 64
4. Mario Kart Double Dash!!

Smooth Criminal

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
My favorite 2D Mario game is Super Mario World.
My favorite 3D Mario game is Super Mario 64.
My favorite Mario RPG game is Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door.
My favorite Mario sports/party spin-off game is Mario Kart: Double Dash!!

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Favourite Mario Games? Well there are many but these ones especially.

Super Mario World.
Super Mario 64.
Super Mario Galaxy.
Paper Mario.
Mario and Luigi Bowsers Inside Story.
Mario Kart series
Mario Strikers series

From the top of my head....

TheWhiteBowser

Smash Ace
It's quite ironic how none of these "favorite games" are FPS's.
When FPS's are so damn overrated these days.
The Metroid Prime series was the only series that did FPS right.
COD get out!

Now for Mario games I would have to say my favorite is Super Mario 64 DS remake
I currently have 138 stars on that game. The only stars I am missing are the 100 coin ones and maybe some of the castle secret stars. And I never even once looked at a walkthrough for that game. Why? Because I'm a boss!

Gargaglione

Smash Lord
My favorite 3D platforming Mario game is Super Mario Galaxy 2
My favorite 2D platforming Mario game is Super Mario World
My favorite Mario Kart is Mario Kart Wii
My favorite Mario RPG is a tie between Paper Mario 64 and The Thousand Year Door

- I can't really choose between those, because I love them all and they're very different and incomparable.

Disfunkshunal

Manners Maketh Man
NNID
Disfunkshunal
3DS FC
1848-1876-3249
My favorite platforming Mario games?

1. Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island
2. Super Mario Galaxy 1 and 2 (they're both really good in my eyes, so it's hard for me to keep 'em separate)
3. Super Mario 64
4. Super Mario World
5. Super Mario Bros. 3

My favorite Mario RPGs?

1. Super Mario Bros. RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars
2. Mario and Luigi: Superstar Saga
3. Super Paper Mario
4. Mario and Luigi: Partners in Time
5. Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door

My favorite Mario spin-offs?

1. Mario Strikers Charged (god I loved this game so freaking much)
2. Mario Tennis (Gamecube)
3. Mario Kart 64
4. Mario Kart Double Dash!!

Smooth Criminal
I think this is the first time I've seen someone put super paper mario over the other two.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Just because I'm bored, I'm going to explain my choices:

1. Super Mario RPG: You probably don't realize how much of a game changer this was unless you grew up with it. This was the game that pretty much proved that Mario could do anything and it was very exciting to think of what the future could hold. It had a great cast of characters, great humor, an absolutely legendary soundtrack, and a ton of content for a Mario game.This was the definitive game of my childhood.

2. Super Mario Galaxy 2: I loved Galaxy but I also thought it was too easy. To me at least, I feel that this was the game where Nintendo noticed that most people thought most modern Nintendo games were too easy and actually started to do something about it. It took everything that was awesome about Galaxy and doubled it and I would argue that there was as big of an improvement between Galaxy and Galaxy 2 as there was between Banjo Kazooie and Banjo Tooie.

3. Super Mario Bros 3: Another game changer because it went back to the basic formula of the original games and greatly expanded upon it. Tons of levels, tons of power ups, tons of secrets, and enough difficulty that it could be hard at times but not enough to throw your controller across the room and through a wall. Definitely a classic and a prime example of how to properly do a sequel.

4. Mario and Luigi: Super Star Saga: This was probably one of the first games I ever played that literally made me laugh out loud whether it was from the antics of the characters or just the off the wall dialogue peppered through out the game. Fawful and Prince Peasley not becoming staple characters in the franchise is almost as big of a crime as Geno and Mallow not either as far as I'm concerned.

5. Super Mario 64: I'll admit, this game has aged horrifically and is downright ugly to look at now-a-days but back when I was 9 years old when it first game out, it was explosively crap your pants exciting. Mario? IN 3D?! JESUS OLD MAN RIVER TAP DANCING CHRIST, THIS IS THE BEST THING EVER!!! My parents literally had to carry me away from my friend's N64 the first time I played this game and there's just so many great memories tied to it. Going down the slide for the first time on Cool Cool Mountain... using the wing cap for the first time... zoning out while listening to the music in Jolly Roger Bay... throwing Bowser face first into a bomb for the first time... There's so many great memories tied to this game that wouldn't be topped for me until years later with Super Mario Galaxy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom