• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros 4 (Wii U/3DS) Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Oh, favorite video games?

My favorite Zeldas would be Wind Waker, Majora's Mask, and Skyward Sword. (Don't question me on A Link to the Past, I haven't played it)

Other than that, I love Smash Bros. and Super Mario Galaxy 2 is my favorite Mario so far. The oldest game I've played that's in my favorites list is Luigi's Mansion.

I might as well count Minecraft in as well.

Genre wise, I like puzzle and platformer. They both usually have a lot of action fighting-wise as well. :chuckle:
I like Zelda games because of the puzzles and action, but the lack of fighting action in Portal didn't stop me from enjoying it equally.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
Yea, my only gripe with it is that it didn't exactly match the level of charm as the original DKC trilogy, but it excelled in all other aspects, so it was okay.
Oh, and the soundtrack wasn't as great as the original DKC games either, but again, the other aspects greatly overshadow that.
Yeah for the most part, the DKC:R soundtrack was just remixes of old tunes.
The Tiki Tong battle BGM sounded like something straight out of Twilight Princess :laugh:
Looking forward to see if they do an Aquatic Ambiance remix for DKC:TF

Gargaglione

Smash Lord
Yeah for the most part, DKCR soundtrack was just remixes of old tunes.
Looking forward to see if they do an Aquatic Ambiance remix for DKC:TF
Yea, not only that, they coulda pulled better old tunes too. I was hoping they'd get a DKC2 song or two for the Beach world, but they didn't, and the music for that world was really bland and forgettable.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
Yea, not only that, they coulda pulled better old tunes too. I was hoping they'd get a DKC2 song or two for the Beach world, but they didn't, and the music for that world was really bland and forgettable.
As long as they stay away from DKC3 songs they should be good :awesome:

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Random question. I've stormed serenesforest, serebii, and zeldauniverse for votes. Any other Nintendo-related forums I could dive into? They yeild usually at least 10 or so votes. Plus it's nice to see what specific fanbases want from smash.

Jedisupersonic

Eight Leaves One Kame Style
NNID
Jedisupersonic
3DS FC
4871-3983-7566
My favorite genre of games is Platformers, RPG's and many many others. I pretty much like every genre to some extent.

Gargaglione

Smash Lord
As long as they stay away from DKC3 songs they should be good :awesome:
:urg: I really like DKC3's soundtrack. None of it would've been fitting for DKCR, but it's great. I love Bonus Boogie and Rockface Rumble.
I also own the GBA version, and I like that soundtrack a lot too.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
:urg: I really like DKC3's soundtrack. None of it would've been fitting for DKCR, but it's great. I love Bonus Boogie and Rockface Rumble.
I also own the GBA version, and I like that soundtrack a lot too.
Rockface Rumble was probably the only song I genuinely liked from DKC3. Are there new tracks in the GBA version? Or did they just up the audio quality on the tacks?
HEY

SHUT IT, HATER

(j/k I just needed an excuse to post an OC Remix track. DKC2 music over DKC3 music any day.)

Smooth Criminal
That was pretty tough. Though it does sound more like a Pokemon kind of tune at some parts.
I agree though for me personally it's DKC 2 > DKC1 >DKC3

Gargaglione

Smash Lord
Rockface Rumble was probably the only song I genuinely liked from DKC3. Are there new tracks in the GBA version? Or did they just up the audio quality on the tracks?
David Wise completely remade the soundtrack for the GBA version. It's also not the strongest soundtrack, but it has some really good songs.

The GBA version of DKC3 is also the only DKC GBA port that is actually better than the original, in my opinion.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Action-Adventure, RPGs, Platformers, Fighting for me; strategy is slowly growing on me.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Random question. I've stormed serenesforest, serebii, and zeldauniverse for votes. Any other Nintendo-related forums I could dive into? They yeild usually at least 10 or so votes. Plus it's nice to see what specific fanbases want from smash.

For another Pokemon forum, Bulbagarden rivals Serebii in size, so you can try there. They have a near-dead Smash thread, though, but I haven't checked there since before E3, so that may have changed.

DKVine seems to be a rather large DK fan site. That, and the MarioWiki has a forum. You may want to try Brawl in the Family's forum too, because while it's not a game site, it's full of Smash and Nintendo fans.

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
Well I think you've already brought it to Nintendolife, and that's the only place I can think of.

Demna

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1478-4225-1103
I personally prioritize multiplayer games over single player games anytime, mainly because you're prone to have more fun with other people than with yourself (For myself at least). However, single player games such as Ocarina of Time and Fire Emblem are totally enjoyable and worth playing.

DonutFinder

Smash Journeyman
NNID
theonlyisaac
3DS FC
0533-6566-7593
I disagree. I think they'll differentiate him even more and keep him in.

I'm thinkin' that his new final smash should be him calling in a Wolfen strike team that bombards the stage as he goes around trying to grab people to pin them in place.
That would be AMAZING!
I really want him to stay too, but I don't know how they feel.

DonutFinder

Smash Journeyman
NNID
theonlyisaac
3DS FC
0533-6566-7593
My real question is on a scale 1-10 what chance do you guys think Banjo has to get in the game?

Edit:Yea sorry it really dark so its hard to type lol.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
Action-Adventure, RPGs, Platformers, Fighting for me; strategy is slowly growing on me.
Games like The Last of Us and Red Dead Redemption are considered Action-Adventure games right? Yeah I dig those games as well.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
I personally prioritize multiplayer games over single player games anytime, mainly because you're prone to have more fun with other people than with yourself (For myself at least). However, single player games such as Ocarina of Time and Fire Emblem are totally enjoyable and worth playing.
I have become picky when it comes to fighting games due to how my state is notoriously trendy before going back to Capcom though Injustice seems to be holding on surprisingly well. Otherwise, a game's popularity lasts about a month, though Tekken held on a bit longer.

Single player games are things that I don't rent, but I probably should. Once I finally move out of the house, I'll probably start Netflix and Gamefly accounts to rent things unless I know it'll be a keeper from the get go. Though I may go for playing through them and then buy them when they're sold cheap.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
I know it's sad but...

Banjo is dead. Microsoft probably didn't "kill" it, but I'm sure it plunged the knife far deeper. Nintendo probably could have slavaged the series, had it been bought by them.

But it wasn't. SO, Banjo is dead. He will never live up to Banjo and Banjo Twooie. It's sad, but I think it's time for us all to realize this, and get over it.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
But it wasn't. SO, Banjo is dead. He will never live up to Banjo and Banjo Twooie. It's sad, but I think it's time for us all to realize this, and get over it.
Banjo-Kazooie will continue to live on in our hearts.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Well, I have two relatives of mine, both of which I take after greatly, that both died of heart attacks. Should I be worried then?

~automatic

Smash Legend
NNID
automaticdude
You'll live.

EDIT: You can make a magical girl contract if you have any doubts. /人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom