• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros 4 (Wii U/3DS) Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr.Universe

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1864-9620-1149
I just wanted to say that I've actually been lurking here for a while and I thought you guys all seem so interesting and have nice discussions so I was going to make an account. Turns out, I already had one. Apparently I made one for one post when I was younger, but I actually plan to be active here, considering I use this thread to get info on Smash 4 to tell my school Smash Bros. group and give my theories on the game.

Anyways, at the topic at hand, my favorite games are fighting games and RPGs (and board games, but whatever).

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
I do believe that is Mr. World Eater himself, Galactus, as your avatar. Props. May not be a big Marvel fan anymore, but I gotta recognize parts of the lore.

Welcome to the thread, Mr. Universe.

Smooth Criminal

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
Bit late to the party, took me a while to think of this and type it out, probably missed a few games anyway.

My favorite genre is 3D platformers, which as Moon Monkey said, is a dying breed of games sadly. Banjo-Tooie is my favorite game, Rayman 2 comes in at an extremely close second. EarthBound/Mother 2 is my favorite RPG, though I'm not a huge fan of them since turn based combat is a load of bull, I do make a few exceptions if the rest of the game is excellent. Super Mario World is my favorite Mario, none of the other 2D Mario games can top it, though many say 3 is the best, World took everything in 3 and multiplied it by awesome. Plus, Yoshi. Sunshine would have to be my favorite 3D Mario, ironically, since it's the most hated, but it was the last free roaming type of Mario game, and it's generally better than 64 in every way, I never had a problem with F.L.U.D.D. either. 3D World may not be free roaming, but it's looking like it'll be one of the best Mario games in a while, I did love 3D Land and for once Peach isn't kidnapped but actually playable in a main game since Super Mario Bros.2/USA.

Majora's Mask has to be my favorite Zelda game, and probably my third favorite game in general, sure it didn't have many dungeons, but the side quests really shined, and the feels throughout the game man, the feels. A Link to the Past would be my favorite of the 2D bunch, gameplay wise and mechanically speaking, it's probably the best of them. As for 2D platformers, Sonic, DKC, and Rayman are all in my top list. Portal is my favorite first person game, though I generally don't like those games, and I really, really dislike shooters. Honorable mentions to Kingdom Hearts 1 and 2, Vexx, Jak and Ratchet, Glover (god this game), old Spyro, a ton of old arcade games (Dig-Dug yay), and Journey, oh man Journey.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
The bear meat and chicken you ate are clogging your arteries.
Why was I eating bear meat? That stuff smells like old boots, except old boots probably smell better.

But seriously, anyone that eats bear is quite odd in my book. Now if you excuse me, I have a dish full of mealworms that has my name on it.

~automatic

Smash Legend
NNID
automaticdude
This is a couple of pages late but it's fashionably late so I know you won't mind.

I've grown to like strategy RPGs a lot as of late but old platforms and fighters are my faves.
My top 5 Mario games are
1. Galaxy
2. World
3. Sunshine
4. 64
5. SMB2 (Doki Doki Panic)

Favorite spin off series: Kart.
Favorite spin-off installments Double Dash and 7
Honorable mention to Thousand Year Door within the RPG spin offs.

DonutFinder

Smash Journeyman
NNID
theonlyisaac
3DS FC
0533-6566-7593
I know it's sad but...

Banjo is dead. Microsoft probably didn't "kill" it, but I'm sure it plunged the knife far deeper. Nintendo probably could have slavaged the series, had it been bought by them.

But it wasn't. SO, Banjo is dead. He will never live up to Banjo and Banjo Twooie. It's sad, but I think it's time for us all to realize this, and get over it.
R.I.P old friend, I'll never forget you.:crying:

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Do I have to write you another poem based upon your replies to this thread? Because this reply just screams a new poem for me to write on smashboards. But I won't do it because I am going to bed now. Good night.
Are you a poet?
What is the point of our existence?
What is and what isn't?
Photoshop in Paris with purple prose?
Yo tengo un gato en mis pantalones.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
I know it's sad but...

Banjo is dead. Microsoft probably didn't "kill" it, but I'm sure it plunged the knife far deeper. Nintendo probably could have slavaged the series, had it been bought by them.

But it wasn't. SO, Banjo is dead. He will never live up to Banjo and Banjo Twooie. It's sad, but I think it's time for us all to realize this, and get over it.
This along with the people who are still cutting themselves for Metroid: Dread, Mischief Makers 2, Snowboard Kids 3, Vectorman 3, Breath of Fire 6, Drill Dozer 2, Phoenix Rising, Project H.A.M.M.E.R, Starcraft Ghost, Elite Beat Agents 2, a true sequel to Chrono Trigger, a true sequel to SMRPG *cries*, ad infinitum through the void of space and time.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Not if I go back 67 million years ago and throw that nut at that stegosaurus.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Who said it was mine? I'm throwing Lance Armstrong's.

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero
By the way I think Peach really has gone mad about the fact that she hasn't being confirmed as a character in the next Smash Bros games yet. So she has been a Super Saiyan for a while...

Peach has gone that mad.
Since people were raging, I'll post this in a lame attempt to be "funny", too.
Untitled-6.gif

I'd love it if my dear Grovyle made it in as a fighter, but I won't be mad when he doesn't appear.

This is a big question and may open a lot of discussions, but it sure it interesting.

Question: What's your favorite Super Mario game?
This includes all Mario-related games (excluding Super Smash). My personal Mario game is a tie between Mario Party 5 and Super Mario Galaxy. MP5 provided great multiplayer entertainment while SMG provided great single player entertainment.
-SMW2: Yoshi's Island: The game has a crap-load of secrets. Secrets up the ass. The game is also just fun in general.

-Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga: Great game, very funny, good plot twists, and it's quite long.

-Mario Kart 64: I loved playing this at my friend's house as a child...nostalgia.

-Mario Kart DS: First Mario Kart with online play, first Mario Kart with tracks from past games, first Mario Kart where you could play Battle mode by yourself, and R.O.B made a surprise appearance as a racer! Who doesn't love this?

-New Super Mario Bros: It's not all that exciting in general, but I have good memories with it from the summer of 2006, when I was super hyped about Super Smash Bros Brawl.

---

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom