• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros 4 (Wii U/3DS) Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Fi was just as bad as Navi

(Please tell me how that fairy who only forced you to give any exposition was only 10, is as bad as Fi who did it maybe 100+ during the game. Navi can be irksome if you don't use Z-button to switch your view, but damnit guys Fi is just beyond rage-inducing.

Navi IMO gets way too much flak than she deserves.)

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light

(Please tell me how that fairy who only forced you to give any exposition was only 10, is as bad as Fi who did it maybe 100+ during the game. Navi can be irksome if you don't use Z-button to switch your view, but damnit guys Fi is just beyond rage-inducing.

Navi IMO gets way too much flak than she deserves.)

HEYLISTENWAITUPHEYLISTENWAITUPHEYLISTENWAITUPHEYLISTENWAITUPHEYLISTENWAITUPHEYLISTENWAITUPHEYLISTENWAITUPHEYLISTENWAITUPHEYLISTENWAITUPHEYLISTENWAITUPHEYLISTENWAITUPHEYLISTENWAITUPHEYLISTENWAITUPHEYLISTENWAITUPHEYLISTENWAITUPHEYLISTENWAITUPHEYLISTENWAITUPHEYLISTENWAITUPHEYLISTENWAITUPHEYLISTENWAITUPHEYLISTENWAITUPHEYLISTENWAITUPHEYLISTENWAITUPHEYLISTENWAITUPHEYLISTENWAITUPHEYLISTENWAITUPHEYLISTENWAITUPHEYLISTENWAITUPHEYLISTENWAITUPHEYLISTENWAITUPHEYLISTENWAITUPHEYLISTENWAITUPHEYLISTENWAITUPHEYLISTENWAITUPHEYLISTENWAITUPHEYLISTENWAITUPHEYLISTENWAITUPHEYLISTENWAITUPHEYLISTENWAITUPHEYLISTENWAITUPHEYLISTENWAITUPHEYLISTENWAITUPHEYLISTENWAITUPHEYLISTENWAITUPHEYLISTENWAITUPHEYLISTENWAITUPHEYLISTENWAITUPHEYLISTENWAITUPHEYLISTENWAITUPHEYLISTENWAITUPHEYLISTENWAITUPHEYLISTENWAITUPHEYLISTENWAITUPHEYLISTENWAITUPHEYLISTENWAITUPHEYLISTENWAITUPHEYLISTENWAITUPHEYLISTENWAITUPHEYLISTENWAITUPHEYLISTENWAITUPHEYLISTENWAITUPHEYLISTENWAITUPHEYLISTENWAITUPHEYLISTENWAITUPHEYLISTENWAITUPHEYLISTENWAITUPHEYLISTENWAITUPHEYLISTENWAITUPHEYLISTENWAITUPHEYLISTENWAITUPHEYLISTENWAITUPHEYLISTENWAITUPHEYLISTENWAITUPHEYLISTENWAITUPHEYLISTENWAITUPHEYLISTENWAITUPHEYLISTENWAITUPHEYLISTENWAITUPHEYLISTENWAITUPHEYLISTENWAITUPHEYLISTENWAITUPHEYLISTENWAITUPHEYLISTENWAITUPHEYLISTENWAITUPHEYLISTENWAITUPHEYLISTENWAITUPHEYLISTENWAITUPHEYLISTENWAITUPHEYLISTENWAITUPHEYLISTENWAITUPHEYLISTENWAITUPHEYLISTENWAITUPHEYLISTENWAITUPHEYLISTENWAITUPHEYLISTENWAITUPHEYLISTENWAITUPHEYLISTENWAITUPHEYLISTENWAITUPHEYLISTENWAITUPHEYLISTENWAITUPHEYLISTENWAITUPHEYLISTENWAITUPHEYLISTENWAITUPHEYLISTENWAITUPHEYLISTENWAITUPHEYLISTENWAITUPHEYLISTENWAITUPHEYLISTENWAITUPHEYLISTENWAITUPHEYLISTENWAITUPHEYLISTENWAITUPHEYLISTENWAITUPHEYLISTENWAITUPHEYLISTENWAITUPHEYLISTENWAITUPHEYLISTENWAITUPHEYLISTENWAITUPHEYLISTENWAITUPHEYLISTENWAITUPHEYLISTENWAITUPHEYLISTENWAITUPHEYLISTENWAITUPHEYLISTENWAITUPHEYLISTENWAITUPHEYLISTENWAITUPHEYLISTENWAITUPHEYLISTENWAITUPHEYLISTENWAITUPHEYLISTENWAITUPHEYLISTENWAITUPHEYLISTENWAITUPHEYLISTENWAITUPHEYLISTENWAITUPHEYLISTENWAITUPHEYLISTENWAITUPHEYLISTENWAITUPHEYLISTENWAITUPHEYLISTENWAITUPHEYLISTENWAITUPHEYLISTENWAITUPHEYLISTENWAITUP

I think they're comparable.

Smooth Criminal

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I didn't even notice Navi was the irritating until people mentioned it

The only time she's really bad is when she FORCES you to stop and listen to her

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483

HEYLISTENWAITUPHEYLISTENWAITUPHEYLISTENWAITUPHEYLISTENWAITUPHEYLISTENWAITUPHEYLISTENWAITUPHEYLISTENWAITUPHEYLISTENWAITUPHEYLISTENWAITUPHEYLISTENWAITUPHEYLISTENWAITUPHEYLISTENWAITUPHEYLISTENWAITUPHEYLISTENWAITUPHEYLISTENWAITUPHEYLISTENWAITUPHEYLISTENWAITUPHEYLISTENWAITUPHEYLISTENWAITUPHEYLISTENWAITUPHEYLISTENWAITUPHEYLISTENWAITUPHEYLISTENWAITUPHEYLISTENWAITUPHEYLISTENWAITUPHEYLISTENWAITUPHEYLISTENWAITUPHEYLISTENWAITUPHEYLISTENWAITUPHEYLISTENWAITUPHEYLISTENWAITUPHEYLISTENWAITUPHEYLISTENWAITUPHEYLISTENWAITUPHEYLISTENWAITUPHEYLISTENWAITUPHEYLISTENWAITUPHEYLISTENWAITUPHEYLISTENWAITUPHEYLISTENWAITUPHEYLISTENWAITUPHEYLISTENWAITUPHEYLISTENWAITUPHEYLISTENWAITUPHEYLISTENWAITUPHEYLISTENWAITUPHEYLISTENWAITUPHEYLISTENWAITUPHEYLISTENWAITUPHEYLISTENWAITUPHEYLISTENWAITUPHEYLISTENWAITUPHEYLISTENWAITUPHEYLISTENWAITUPHEYLISTENWAITUPHEYLISTENWAITUPHEYLISTENWAITUPHEYLISTENWAITUPHEYLISTENWAITUPHEYLISTENWAITUPHEYLISTENWAITUPHEYLISTENWAITUPHEYLISTENWAITUPHEYLISTENWAITUPHEYLISTENWAITUPHEYLISTENWAITUPHEYLISTENWAITUPHEYLISTENWAITUPHEYLISTENWAITUPHEYLISTENWAITUPHEYLISTENWAITUPHEYLISTENWAITUPHEYLISTENWAITUPHEYLISTENWAITUPHEYLISTENWAITUPHEYLISTENWAITUPHEYLISTENWAITUPHEYLISTENWAITUPHEYLISTENWAITUPHEYLISTENWAITUPHEYLISTENWAITUPHEYLISTENWAITUPHEYLISTENWAITUPHEYLISTENWAITUPHEYLISTENWAITUPHEYLISTENWAITUPHEYLISTENWAITUPHEYLISTENWAITUPHEYLISTENWAITUPHEYLISTENWAITUPHEYLISTENWAITUPHEYLISTENWAITUPHEYLISTENWAITUPHEYLISTENWAITUPHEYLISTENWAITUPHEYLISTENWAITUPHEYLISTENWAITUPHEYLISTENWAITUPHEYLISTENWAITUPHEYLISTENWAITUPHEYLISTENWAITUPHEYLISTENWAITUPHEYLISTENWAITUPHEYLISTENWAITUPHEYLISTENWAITUPHEYLISTENWAITUPHEYLISTENWAITUPHEYLISTENWAITUPHEYLISTENWAITUPHEYLISTENWAITUPHEYLISTENWAITUPHEYLISTENWAITUPHEYLISTENWAITUPHEYLISTENWAITUPHEYLISTENWAITUPHEYLISTENWAITUPHEYLISTENWAITUPHEYLISTENWAITUPHEYLISTENWAITUPHEYLISTENWAITUPHEYLISTENWAITUPHEYLISTENWAITUPHEYLISTENWAITUPHEYLISTENWAITUPHEYLISTENWAITUPHEYLISTENWAITUPHEYLISTENWAITUPHEYLISTENWAITUPHEYLISTENWAITUPHEYLISTENWAITUPHEYLISTENWAITUPHEYLISTENWAITUPHEYLISTENWAITUPHEYLISTENWAITUPHEYLISTENWAITUPHEYLISTENWAITUPHEYLISTENWAITUPHEYLISTENWAITUPHEYLISTENWAITUPHEYLISTENWAITUPHEYLISTENWAITUP

Smooth Criminal

One must have pressed C-Up way too much just to hear Navi's predictable rambling? (And when did she say "wait up?")

She doesn't do it that much, especially inside dungeons at all (where people might spend a lot time during the game in)
Yeaah. I must have truly been a genius when avoiding doing that myself. (And using mostly Z-button if Navi was on the way)

Seriously people, stop comparing Navi to that abomination that is Fi. Fi takes most of Navi's bad parts and cranks them up to eleven, and then gives robotic dialogue and more annoying mechanics in return.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Nah.

I think I'll still find her really annoying, thanks.

Smooth Criminal

No problem.

I still feel though that everytime Navi's said to be something along the lines of "most annoying sidekick of all time", I feel like punching someone to the face. Especially when most of the media dedicated to her show how much people exaggarate her hate around her (like out of characterizing Link to hate her, when he clearly shows that he doesn't in his appearances in OOT and MM).

Fi and (and to lesser extent, Omochao who actually wasn't that bad in Generations) are much worse.

I didn't even notice Navi was the irritating until people mentioned it

The only time she's really bad is when she FORCES you to stop and listen to her
Yeah, I thought also that was annoying (depending on the given exposition).

But Fi just takes all that and makes it million times worse.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Not being able to demolish things like the campsite and cafe makes figuring out their placement so stressful.

LiteralGrill

Smokin' Hot~

Smooth Criminal

I personally like vocal girls. Maybe just a preference.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Harvest Moon did the whole town building thing better.

Everything is displayed on a grid, also you can pick up and place ANY building without problem

Not to mention Harvest Moon was smart enough to realize that RAIN CAN WATER PLANTS. I should not have to water flowers while it's raining

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
I still don't see how Ganondorf was thrown in at the last minute.

You knew he was the main villain from halfway in the game
I'm referring to how he usurped Zant and literally reduced him to a gibbering idiot right before the last temple of the game (a temple so disappointing that it almost ruined the game for me). He was there but he had no direct involvement with the story until the last temple in which he was just "hurr, hurr, hurr I'm evil." At least with OoT and WW you had plenty of reasons to hate him and want to drive a sword through his gut but with TP he was just kind of there to appease the fanboys who were still drooling over E3 2001's Gamecube tech demo. I think it would have been better if the spirit of Ganondorf had possessed Zant or something to that akin, not completely replace after spending the whole game establishing him as one of the most twisted villains in Nintendo history.

Jedisupersonic

Eight Leaves One Kame Style
NNID
Jedisupersonic
3DS FC
4871-3983-7566
Relaaaax. We seem to have differing opinions here. I like quite a few of the Zelda games, while not being a die hard fan of the series I have played a majority of them. My favorite is Majora's Mask.

@The Navi vs Fi thing. I personally feel Navi gets much too much flak. Fi on the other hand.. Kinda always popped out and told you information you never needed, While Navi is helpful on a first run of OoT [think about it, was the first 3-D Zelda game. People needed to be told how to use the Camera and stuff]. Fi tells you the dead obvious. While I suppose Skyward Sword could be a Zelda players starting point. It's not as likely as some of the others were.

BUT Fi has her fans too. I'm not going to deny that, Tingle does as well and I'll be the first to tell you, i'm not a fan of Tingle lol. But more power to people who like him.[Only mentioned Tingle because Wind Waker came up. While I love WW, I find the whole triforce quest reference to Zelda 1 as a huuuuuuuuuge pace breaker. Don't mind him so much in MM, maybe i'm too harsh on Tingle]

My personal favorite helpers in Zelda were always Tatl and Midna. But I'm absolutely sure they have their dislikes as well.

I'm the only weirdo who liked Zelda II: Adventure Of Link?

Always wanted a remake/sequelish thing.
I liked Zelda II. My Mother kicked its butt haha, along with the original Metroid. It took me awhile to beat those 2 games when I was a kid

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Yeah, I really hated how they added Ganondorf to TP. Ruined the awesome story for me.

As for Navi, she doesn't bother me much at all. But none of the companions do.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Truth be told, I actually found Tatl more annoying that both Navi and Fi only because I thought she had a garbage personality that absolutely jarred my senses whenever I had to read any of her dialogue. I was okay with Fi's personality because it reminded me of C3-PO who was my favorite Star Wars character growing up. :laugh:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I thought C-3PO was annoying growing up to the point of making fan work where the cast treated him like fan art of Zelda makes Link treat Navi

Jedisupersonic

NNID
Jedisupersonic
3DS FC
4871-3983-7566
Truth be told, I actually found Tatl more annoying that both Navi and Fi only because I thought she had a garbage personality that absolutely jarred my senses whenever I had to read any of her dialogue. I was okay with Fi's personality because it reminded me of C3-PO who was my favorite Star Wars character growing up. :laugh:
To each his own haha. I liked Tatl because she was pretty different from your average fairy. But she grows pretty well as Majora's Mask goes on.

C-3PO is an interesting favorite from Star Wars haha. But I can see why, he is pretty amusing at points. Plus its handy to have a translator. I always did enjoy in Return of the Jedi when he is telling the Ewoks the stories of A New Hope and The Empire Strikes Back.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
I think it was because I was able to relate to him so well. He was incredibly intelligent but also incredibly socially awkward, something that touched base all too well as someone with ADHD who was always significantly taller than his classmates and impossibly skinny.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I usually prefer characters I'd rather be more like to characters I relate to

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
WWHD was a waste of time to make. Anyone who still has a copy of WW and buying WWHD is throwing their money away. At least with Ocarina of Time 3D you got Master Quest, Boss Rush, portability, and improved graphics and frame rate.
Wind Waker could have these options to you know...

Not saying it will. But it should.

Horsetail what happened to you my man??? You used tombe the cheery dude, now your acting like a Hebanero Jr. :rolleyes:

Skyward Sword is a good game, and yes, even a great game. One of the very few Wii games which used the motion control scheme for some good usage. I prefer the (sometimes inaccurate) actual sword swings in Skyward Sword over Twilight Princess' waggling. And bashing the game for it's swimming system isn't enough to disregard it as a bad game.

SS was easily the best Wii Zelda game. Stop complaining.

Popsydoodles

Smash Journeyman
I think it was because I was able to relate to him so well. He was incredibly intelligent but also incredibly socially awkward, something that touched base all too well as someone with ADHD who was always significantly taller than his classmates and impossibly skinny.
fatmanonice=skinny?

Jedisupersonic

NNID
Jedisupersonic
3DS FC
4871-3983-7566
Makes all the more sense to me now. I'm also quite skinny as well as kind of awkward but its more from my shyness.

I usually prefer characters I'd rather be more like to characters I relate to
I like both. 2 characters in games I found I wanted to be more like were like Cecil from Final Fantasy 4 and Eliwood from Fire Emblem. I could name others as well but thats enough for now.

---

大空のぶっとび
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
I'm probably the only one here who's never played a 3D Zelda game.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
Yeah, I really hated how they added Ganondorf to TP. Ruined the awesome story for me.

As for Navi, she doesn't bother me much at all. But none of the companions do.
I hated how they ruined Zant at the end of TP.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Well, Ganondorf is always awesome. Just not if shoe-horned it. Zant was crazy though. Quite intimidating, till.... Well, till you find out he's a total *****. :smirk:

@ ---: Start with Skyward Sword. I dare ya. I think anyone not used playing the 3D Zelda games would enjoy it a lot more.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I hated how they ruined Zant at the end of TP.

Same. He was a really awesome character... till Ganondorf came in. -_-

It's not like he couldn't have gotten his power from say... Din? Or any of the other various Gods. There's more than just the basic 3, after all. Jabun's yet another one.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
Same. He was a really awesome character... till Ganondorf came in. -_-

It's not like he couldn't have gotten his power from say... Din? Or any of the other various Gods. There's more than just the basic 3, after all. Jabun's yet another one.
I didn't mind Ganon, but I agree it's refreshing to see new villains.

Hypocrite Mode: Except for Donkey Kong Country. King K. Rool fo' lyfe!

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Thinking back, there was not too many Wii games I was really fond of. My list of great Wii games pretty much consists of the two Mario Galaxy games, Brawl, Prime 3, Kirby's Return to Greatness, and NSMBWii. Never played Xenoblade, however, even if I had the desire to get it, I don't have the time to sit down and play though a giant RPG nowadays.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I'd recommend OOT or WW to start off. They're fairly fast(to get into), and are easy enough to get the feel of the series. Also, easier controls to start with than Wii Remote ones. Not that they're bad or anything, but if they give you any trouble, it can sour the experience.

---

大空のぶっとび
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Stuck with the older ones and the handhelds I assume?
Pretty much. Zelda 1, 2, ALttP, Link's Awakening, Oracle of Seasons/Ages, and Minish Cap.

One of the reasons I'm looking forward to ALB2Ws.

Will probably go with OoT or Wind Waker should I ever choose to do a playthrough.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
Twilight Princess was the first Zelda game I have ever beaten.
I lost my OoT cartridge, and opted to get the 3DS remake
and Skyward Sword was the last Zelda game i have played

I watched a Let's Plat of Majora's Mask and messed around a bit with Oracle of Seasons on the GBA.
I was initially put off by WW and it's art style, so I never played any of the 'Toon Link' games.
I'm thinking about getting the HD version, but i think I'll opt for DKC:TF over it

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Am I the only one that wants a Mario/Donkey Kong Country platformer?

Bowser & K. Rool teaming up?
Mario & D.K. teaming up?
Diddy and Luigi?
Etc, etc.

They're the same universe already anyways.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
To be fair, that's the entire point of the franchise. It isn't DKC without Kremlings and K. Rool. Period.
That's how I feel personally. I always used the comparison to the Mario series. No King Rool is like no Bowser, and then someone always mentions Wart. :rolleyes:
All I can do now is hope that King K. Rool shows up somewhere in Tropical Freeze.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom