• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros 4 (Wii U/3DS) Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
@Moon Monkey: ...Wait, you're constantly talking about DK, yet you're a Yoshi main? When did you switch primal beasts? :awesome:
LOL!~ :rotfl:
I've always been a Yoshi main. It was all because of my Reptar/ Jurassic Park phase as a child.
I have mained him in every game he has been available in (From Smash, Mario Kart, Mario Tennis etc...)
He's my favorite Nintendo character, but Donkey Kong Country is my favorite franchise.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
Nothing has been able to top these four:
[collapse=Awesome Library]
[/collapse]

That day, humanity received a grim reminder. We lived in fear of the Villager, and were disgraced to live inside these cages we called stages.
LOL! The penguin one is pure gold!
This is my favorite:

For some reason the it sounds like its saying:
"I will have sex with the bees and the eagles!
HAH! HAH! HAH! HAH! HAH! Potato Pizza!..."

Jedisupersonic

Eight Leaves One Kame Style
NNID
Jedisupersonic
3DS FC
4871-3983-7566
I think I'm the only person that really enjoyed Generation One.

Smooth Criminal
I have plenty of love for generation 1. I grew up with Pokemon the moment the anime got me hooked in then I got my first version when I was like. 7 lol. I liked gen 2, loved 3, liked 4, liked 5.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
Generation 1 was good, but because it was the first attempt, I feel like later Generations improved on the mechanics and introduced ideas that kept me interested. It's still good, and holds some of my favorite Pokemon like Kingler and Victreebel.

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
I can't really think of anyone that wouldn't like Generation 1 except people who think it's overrated or something cause of nostalgia

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I've played Gen 1 (FireRed), 3 (Emerald) and 4 (Pearl), skipping out on 2 and 5.

I liked all of them, particularly FireRed. :)

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
I can't really think of anyone that wouldn't like Generation 1 except people who think it's overrated or something cause of nostalgia

The only part of Generation 1 that I don't like are the 'genwunners'. They're the most intolerable people.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
I have a friend that actually hates Yoshi for some reason :/
Their Dead! You hear me!? DEAD!

@Moon Monkey: Ah, got it. You like to play as the dinosaur and like to stare at apes. :awesome:
Whoa! Whoa! Whoa! I don't like to stare at apes! (Have to restrain myself from the black jokes :upsidedown:)
I just love to stare at their fur. :awesome: Sweet......fluffy......... monkey fur. *rolls eyes back*
Too steamy?

D

Deleted member

Man, I sure have been outta the loop... So what have I missed? Any news?

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Not a fan of it because of how everything feels outdated. I also dislike stuff like The Legend of Zelda, Metroid, Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragons and Blade of Light, and Kirby's Dream Land for similar reasons. It's the sense of being so experimental that makes titles like those feel weaker then later installments.

Jedisupersonic

NNID
Jedisupersonic
3DS FC
4871-3983-7566
Not a fan of it because of how everything feels outdated. I also dislike stuff like The Legend of Zelda, Metroid, Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragons and Blade of Light, and Kirby's Dream Land for similar reasons. It's the sense of being so experimental that makes titles like those feel weaker then later installments.
Still. Even if they have aged, they deserve the respect for starting off all those franchises at the very least.

Jedisupersonic

NNID
Jedisupersonic
3DS FC
4871-3983-7566
They do deserve respect for starting stuff, but at the same you shouldn't really treat those as being far superior then later installments.
Yeah, I wasn't saying they were far superior. I was just saying the originals did start the trends and stuff. While nostalgia will make me like certain games more, I can generally tell when a game is better then my "favorites".

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
This is off-topic, but I am curious where people stand on Twilight Princess vs. Skyward Sword. I know many people whine about the "Zelda cycle", but for me personally, every 3D Zelda has been a tad weaker than the previous one. There was a big dropoff for me personally from Wind Waker to Twilight Princess, and an even bigger one from Twilight Princess to Skyward Sword.

Twilight Princess had a lot of flaws, but the one thing it absolutely got right was the dungeons. Definitely the best ones in the series.

Skyward Sword on the otherhand the only thing I can praise is for perhaps having the best town in the series outside of Clock Town (and bringing back NPC sidequests). Other than that, Skyward Sword to me was easily the weakest 3D Zelda for me, and the only one I have no desire to ever replay.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
@ChronoBound: So I take it that means OOT, MM, and WW stayed high quality, and the 3D games after that went down quality-wise in your opinion?

If I'm getting that right. I haven't played SS yet, so I can't say anything for it. I've played all the rest of the regular Zelda games besides TP Wii and ST. I haven't played the non-canon/dubious canon ones(Crossbow Training, the Tingle games, the CD-i games, and the Satellite games).

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Remember that guy (his name's Gonzales because I'm his fan) who owned that Ikusaba website? Apparently he updated it adding several new characters like Alph and the others for speculation purposes. He learned his lesson about the overachieving percentages for certain characters like Ghirahim and fixed them to be more accurate. The one thing that bothers me is that Wii Fit Trainer and Villager is there with low percentages. I guess he updated the site a little bit before E3. Another thing to take note of is the colors he used for these characters. It eerily resembles the same type of colors that were used in Super Smash Bros. Wii U/3DS's trailer (except the Legend of Zelda characters). I guess he knew that Sakurai was going to give up on the overall realistic details.

http://ikusaba.client.jp/character/index.htm

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Twilight Princess had some of the best items in the series.

Double Clawshot and Ball and Chain

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
@ChronoBound: So I take it that means OOT, MM, and WW stayed high quality, and the 3D games after that went down quality-wise in your opinion?
Yeah. I think Ocarina, Majora's Mask, and Wind Waker are masterpieces. Wind Waker has some obvious flaws, but its still one of the best games ever made (the artstyle and graphics alone has aged incredibly well, I thought the HD re-release was pointless).

I would also call A Link To The Past a masterpiece.

Twilight Princess was a great game, however, outside of the dungeons, I felt the game was lacking in comparison to other Zeldas. However, I personally think its the best Zelda game outside the four masterpieces.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Remember that guy (his name's Gonzales because I'm his fan) who owned that Ikusaba website? Apparently he updated it adding several new characters like Alph and the others for speculation purposes. He learned his lesson about the overachieving percentages for certain characters like Ghirahim and fixed them to be more accurate. The one thing that bothers me is that Wii Fit Trainer and Villager is there with low percentages. I guess he updated the site a little bit before E3. Another thing to take note of is the colors he used for these characters. It eerily resembles the same type of colors that were used in Super Smash Bros. Wii U/3DS's trailer (except the Legend of Zelda characters). I guess he knew that Sakurai was going to give up on the overall realistic details.

http://ikusaba.client.jp/character/index.htm
The fact someone had wii fit trainer AT ALL seems impressive, why would they possibly have high percentages.

Wii fit trainer wasn't exactly the most predicted character

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Yeah. I think Ocarina, Majora's Mask, and Wind Waker are masterpieces. Wind Waker has some obvious flaws, but its still one of the best games ever made (the artstyle and graphics alone has aged incredibly well, I thought the HD re-release was pointless).

I would also call A Link To The Past a masterpiece.

Twilight Princess was a great game, however, outside of the dungeons, I felt the game was lacking in comparison to other Zeldas. However, I personally think its the best Zelda game outside the four masterpieces.

Ah, I get ya.

For me, I'd put Link's Awakening ahead of of everything but WW. It ties with Majora's Mask. Then comes Wind Waker. OOT and TP aren't terribly high on my list, but they're excellent games overall. Both Oracle games would be higher for me. PH is very low on the list, ugh. Once I start ST, I'll give it a placement. ALttP is a bit before OOT and TP, tying with the original Zelda game. Zelda II is right after OOT and TP itself, since while it's a great game, I suck at it too much. This is obviously ignoring games I have yet to play, emulator or otherwise.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
The fact someone had wii fit trainer AT ALL seems impressive, why would they possibly have high percentages.

Wii fit trainer wasn't exactly the most predicted character
They did not have Wii Fit Trainer prior to Smash 4's unveil. I think that was new drawing made in light of the character's confirmation. Secondly, that guys does artwork of characters for practically every Nintendo release that happens.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
They did not have Wii Fit Trainer prior to Smash 4's unveil. I think that was new drawing made in light of the character's confirmation. Secondly, that guys does artwork of characters for practically every Nintendo release that happens.
After looking at the site, the wii fit trainer on the site with the low percentage is the male wii fit trainer

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Anyone else think that we will get a new character tomorrow?
I wish. We got a picture of all the current newcomers today, would be perfect with a picture of a new character tommorow, regardless whether it's a newcomer or veteran. Doubt we'll see anything outside of Nintendo Directs though.

kikaru

Smash Ace
Some small and insignificant country town, WA.
3DS FC
0705-2807-1422
In comparison I felt that Twilight Princess had a stronger world, music, dungeons, more inspired bosses overall. Skyward Sword's worlds felt a bit lacking, especially with almost no appearance of an ice area, the dungeons felt unfulfilling until the Fire Sanctuary in that they felt like 5-8 large rooms, and some of the bosses seemed kind of lame, especially the one on the pirate ship.

However, Skyward Sword does possess my favorite song in the Zelda series which is the main theme. The reason is that the musical genius to make such a song, to me, is jawdroppingly outstanding since the main theme when played backwards is Zelda's Lullaby. It also had possibly the best mechanic seen in any Zelda game which were the timestones and I felt the presentation, cleverness, and execution were done brilliantly.

I would say I'd prefer Twilight Princess slightly over Skyward Sword, they're both great games but I suppose only one of them can come out on top. (Still an Ocarina of Time/ Windwaker guy myself :) )

Opelucid

Smash Lord
NNID
JDan17
Switch FC
SW 5860 1420 7528
People think that the new picture of the day is hinting towards something the chances are slim though.

Demna

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1478-4225-1103
The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time is pretty overrated. Later titles of it's ilk do a better job overall.
What are you talking about? Ocarina of time was a Masterpiece... It was rated as the best Zelda game created.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
What are you talking about? Ocarina of time was a Masterpiece... It was rated as the best Zelda game created.
Don't listen to what critics have to say, they tend to have an oar up their ass most of the time and let their paychecks and nostalgia do the talking. Instead you should really play the game and gain an image for yourself instead of relying on others. My image is that The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time is not as good as people like to proclaim it is and generally speaking later titles improve on the formula.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom