• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros 4 (Wii U/3DS) Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero
Tis my favorite champion battle theme in the series.

Not to mention it had its own Elite Four theme. Unlike some other Gen's which just reused the Gym Leader theme
Man, the first time I battled Sidney and saw that battle intro, I was amazed.

This week marks 10 years since I played through the Ruby version for the first time.

I was 11 years old, and camping at a forest reservoir. It took place around July 4, since I remember that I couldn't go see the fireworks.

I was annoyed with catching Groudon. It was the first Pokemon game where you were required to battle a legendary in order to proceed, and I wasn't going to leave until I caught the damn thing.

(I think Suicune in Crystal was optional, but I assumed at the time that I needed to fight it, since Suicune seemed to be the new "main focus" for Crystal version.)

After a while I lent my game to another kid at the campground to see if he could try catching it for me, and he eventually did. (thank goodness)

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715

I realize that it's the anime version, but I think it might be my favorite version.

@IsmaR: OVERrated? I've barely seen anyone who likes Gen 3 the most. Then again, I'm on YouTube a lot...

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
Every single gen is overrated, except for maybe IV.

Most of what I've seen has Gen III (including FR/LG and Colosseum/XD: Gale of Darkness) as some precious gift from above.

Like Gen III for what it's worth, aside from having incredibly remix-potential and a few neat concepts, not surprised not many consider it their fav.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
Every single gen is overrated, except for maybe IV.

Most of what I've seen has Gen III (including FR/LG and Colosseum/XD: Gale of Darkness) as some precious gift from above.

Like Gen III for what it's worth, aside from having incredibly remix-potential and a few neat concepts, not surprised not many consider it their fav.

The only thing I didn't like was how the last third of the game was nothing but water Routes.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I enjoyed every gen.

They all have something fun and unique about them.

Excited for Gen 6!

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
It always seemed to me that Gen III wasn't very highly regarded until people got it in their heads that it would get a remake for... pretty much no reason. Then everyone started fapping to it.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
It always seemed to me that Gen III wasn't very highly regarded until people got it in their heads that it would get a remake for... pretty much no reason. Then everyone started fapping to it.

I liked it before that... :urg:

It was the Generation I was introduced to Pokemon with, so I have a personal connection with it. A lot of my favorite Pokemon and musical pieces come from the third Generation.

It also helped me experience every Generation, because my next 3rd Gen game was LeafGreen. The third Generation of Pokemon helped me become the gamer I am today, and without it, who knows what I could've been?

So yeah. My little spiel.

---

大空のぶっとび
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Gen 3 would probably be my favorite, I just have way too many good memories of it. But for reasons beyond that, each Gen is relatively equal IMO.

Demna

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1478-4225-1103
The first Gen was the best mainly because it was legitimately genuine. Gen 2-4 were also great in my perspective, but not as great as the first. I believe that Gen 5 wasn't as successful as the previous generations. And the new Gen 6 Pokemons, other than Mewtwo's new form, don't look promising either. I think they're running out of ideas, but hopefully they'll be able to surprise us with new great Pokemons :rolleyes:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I honestly liked each Gen myself. I wasn't very much interested in IV, mostly due to a lot of designs I didn't like and some new evolutions I didn't prefer. That, and the slowness of D/P/Pt's battles were annoying.

But anyway, it still introduced cool things like the Special/Physical split, Hail, and really interesting Gym Leaders. I honestly liked that they had Pokemon that didn't match their type. Even if they "fixed" that in Platinum, that at least had an even bigger story with more Mons catchable. So overall, even if it's my least favorite, it was still a damn good Gen. Like all the rest.

Demna

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1478-4225-1103
I honestly liked each Gen myself. I wasn't very much interested in IV, mostly due to a lot of designs I didn't like and some new evolutions I didn't prefer. That, and the slowness of D/P/Pt's battles were annoying.

But anyway, it still introduced cool things like the Special/Physical split, Hail, and really interesting Gym Leaders. I honestly liked that they had Pokemon that didn't match their type. Even if they "fixed" that in Platinum, that at least had an even bigger story with more Mons catchable. So overall, even if it's my least favorite, it was still a damn good Gen. Like all the rest.
I concur, each generation was quite good in my opinion. I seriously don't understand why some people think that the First Gen was the only good Pokemon generation, really close-minded in my opinion. The second and third generation was almost as good as the first. Even though the forth and fifth were arguably not on the same level as the Gen 1-3, they were still pretty epic.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Each Gen has its good and bad points, really. Gen V was essentially too linear.(second set of games were slightly better, mind you) But damn, were they awesome too. Really improved each Pokemon, and removed Stealth Rock as a TM too. Plus, the TM improvement.

Gen III's biggest problem was too much Water, I admit. But it had a lot of original and neat designs. Also, the first Grass Starter to not be beast-like. It stayed bipedal the entire time. Mudkip started off quadrapedal, but got a little less each evolution.

Terrazi Terrajin

Smash Ace
And then there's me that couldn't give two ****s about pokemon and only ever owned one game, which is now gathering dust in a GBA somewhere.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Gen 2 is probably my favorite Gen 6 might beat it though.

I honestly love how Gen VI is going. A Flying/Dragon alone is amazing. It's also our 3rd Bat line. Well, if it becomes a line, anyway. A new Goat/Sheep as well. Sylveon could be interpreted as a Fox or Wolf Youkai, since it'll probably be weak to Steel(Cold Iron).

Anyway, I wonder if we'll at least see some Pokeball Pokemon from Gen VI in For. Noivern, perhaps?

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
It would make my day if this song made it into SSB4
My favorite Gen is tied between 2 & 3. I've only play Gen's 1, 2 and 3 (HeartGold was my last Pokemon game) D/P/Pl and B/W/B2/W2 never really appealed to me. I am interested in X/Y, so this will be my first pokemon game in a good while.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
@Moon Monkey: ...Wait, you're constantly talking about DK, yet you're a Yoshi main? When did you switch primal beasts? :awesome:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
STOP. STARING.
I know the Villager is staring at me, I'm not fooled by the direction his pupils face.
Villager is not the only character wtih odd pupil direction. If you look at Mega Man in the videos his face isn't facing forward, it's facing more toward the screen with his pupils looking sideways at the opponent

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom