• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros 4 (Wii U/3DS) Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
I don't understand why people get so worked up for characters they dislike, I personally don't want Crocodile-Bowser in the game, but if he gets in I won't care, and I'll be happy for his fans (as they have definitely not been seeing him in any DK games for a while.)

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
) as if the thing in question could LITERALLY kill you which, once again, is beyond absurd for a blue, anthropomorphic, cartoon fox.
This is absurd. I hate stepping in dog poop, does that mean I hate dogs and want to murder them?

You are stretching the definition of hate to a particular thing.

Mr.Showtime

Smash Ace
Continuing with the archetype thing, with different examples for prospective characters:
Zelda: Link, Tingle, Zelda, Ganondorf
Kirby: Kirby, Metaknight, Ribbon or Adeleine (Thanks for the help), King Dedede
Metroid: Samus, Dark Samus, Anthony Higgs, Ridley.
Fire Emblem: Marth, Chrom, Lyn, Grima
Wario: Wario, Jimmy T., Mona, Captain Syrup

Ohhhh speaking of Wario Ware, 9Volt would be an awesome character! I think he has some cool character design (and a bad ass name). Same thing for the two sisters (could be like Ice Climbers, but Down+B allows you to switch between the two).

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Also, no, there is no rational reason to literally hate a character for a number of reasons:

1. They're not real.

2. They have no real impact on your life or well being.

3. Psychologically speaking, hate stems from being hurt physically, emotionally, or mentally by something or someone. By saying you truly hate a fictional character, you are implying that they have somehow done this. Hate also stems from the fear that the culprit will repeat their actions which, again, is completely implausible for a cartoon character.

Hate and dislike are not synonyms. Hate stretches far beyond just disliking something to the point that encountering or even thinking about it causes your parasympathetic nervous system to start pumping out cortisol (a stress hormone) as if the thing in question could LITERALLY kill you which, once again, is beyond absurd for a blue, anthropomorphic, cartoon fox.
People are probably displacing their animosity toward the Krystal fanbase, which they view as sexual deviants, onto the character herself

Sexual deviation is viewed in negative aspect because of our instincts as an evolving species. something like Social Darwinism. Our mating habits are still seeking out someone whose genes we think would be best for the continuation of our bloodlines. Such as kissing being a way to test someone's immunity system to see if they are compatible. People even evolved aspects that were sexually attractive to others such as females having swelled breasts even when they aren't pregnant

jaytalks

Smash Champion
NNID
jaytalks
Ohhhh speaking of Wario Ware, 9Volt would be an awesome character! I think he has some cool character design (and a bad *** name). Same thing for the two sisters (could be like Ice Climbers, but Down+B allows you to switch between the two).
9Volt can be used to throwback to retro characters. Or he could even summon them.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
I don't understand why people get so worked up for characters they dislike, I personally don't want Crocodile-Bowser in the game, but if he gets in I won't care, and I'll be happy for his fans (as they have definitely not been seeing him in any DK games for a while.)

Crocodile-Bowser? I don't remember Bowser trying to blow up Mario's island with a giant 'F*** YOU' laser. :chuckle:

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
You're verbally attacking me over my opinions on a cartoon character... This conversation hit rock bottom a long time ago... In less than 10 minutes we've rocketed past Gamefaqs levels of depravity and shamelessness and have just about hit the /b/ mark.
I never personally attacked you.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Continuing with the archetype thing, with different examples for prospective characters:
Zelda: Link, Tingle, Zelda, Ganondorf
Kirby: Kirby, Metaknight, Ribbon or Adeleine (Thanks for the help), King Dedede
Metroid: Samus, Dark Samus, Anthony Higgs, Ridley.
Fire Emblem: Marth, Chrom, Lyn, Grima
Wario: Wario, Jimmy T., Mona, Captain Syrup
Needs Ike and Ashley.

Jedisupersonic

Eight Leaves One Kame Style
NNID
Jedisupersonic
3DS FC
4871-3983-7566
9Volt can be used to throwback to retro characters. Or he could even summon them.
9Volt was always my favorite of the WarioWare crowd outside of Ashley. I woulden't say no to him joining and doing that very thing you just said

Mr.Showtime

Smash Ace

That's actually a cool idea.

You're verbally attacking me over my opinions on a cartoon character... This conversation hit rock bottom a long time ago... In less than 10 minutes we've rocketed past Gamefaqs levels of depravity and shamelessness and have just about hit the /b/ mark.

Lol just ignore him....

jaytalks

Smash Champion
NNID
jaytalks
Needs Ike and Ashley.
I had Ike in my first post along with Lucina instead of Lyn.
Mona makes more sense if you go by the love interest thing (closer in age to Wario) but Ashley is fine as well.
F-Zero: Captain Falcon, Samurai Goroh, Jodi Foster, Black Shadow

Speaking of retro, if SNES was retro back when the Wii was released, isn't about time we think of the N64 as retro?

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
Well, Sakurai does own a PlayStation 3 (I remember a news report last year that he lost 18 years worth of PS1, PS2, & PS3 data/content due to a crash he experienced) and with all those months worth of talk on the internet comparing PlayStation All-Stars to Super Smash Bros. there's no way Sakurai could not hear of PSASBR's existence.
Of course. I expected Sakurai to know about it. I just didn't expect him to even acknowledge it's existence.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
I enjoy quite a few of the post 64 Starfox games and hey. After Shadow and 06. Sonic jumped back ^^.

Then again this is coming from a fanboy of both series.. I dno if my points are valid haha.
You're an "autistic ******". Your points are not valid.

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
Crocodile-Bowser? I don't remember Bowser trying to blow up Mario's island with a giant 'F*** YOU' laser. :chuckle:

lol, I don't like the character, K. Rool was clearly Rare trying to give DK his own Bowser (Fat, round reptile King) and I find his character design to be VERY boring. The thing is, even though I think he would be a waste of a character slot, I know he would be implemented in a fun way and that him being in would make a lot of other smash players happy, so I would be ok with it.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
*walks in*

Why is Sausage here?

****ing why?

And Chrono is going ape**** too?

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
People are probably displacing their animosity toward the Krystal fanbase, which they view as sexual deviants, onto the character herself

Sexual deviation is viewed in negative aspect because of our instincts as an evolving species. something like Social Darwinism. Our mating habits are still seeking out someone whose genes we think would be best for the continuation of our bloodlines. Such as kissing being a way to test someone's immunity system to see if they are compatible. People even evolved aspects that were sexually attractive to others such as females having swelled breasts even when they aren't pregnant
Oh yes, I totally understand this along with how from an anthropological point of view that xenophobia is more or less the modus operandi for social interaction but the question remains, is it rational? Being friends with a number of furries, I would say no because, despite being weird to me, they are doing nobody any real harm, just occasionally creeping them out. :laugh:

Mr.Showtime

Smash Ace
I had Ike in my first post along with Lucina instead of Lyn.
Mona makes more sense if you go by the love interest thing (closer in age to Wario) but Ashley is fine as well.
F-Zero: Captain Falcon, Samurai Goroh, Jodi Foster, Black Shadow

Speaking of retro, if SNES was retro back when the Wii was released, isn't about time we think of the N64 as retro?

They do need a F-Zero villain in there and I think Black Shadow would perfectly fit that stereotype.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
I'm all for Samurai Goroh and/or Black Bull.

I think Samurai Goroh may have a better chance since he has been shown a lot of love in the Smash games from the Melee cutscenes and AT trophy

jaytalks

Smash Champion
NNID
jaytalks
Sonic: Sonic, Knuckles (Because he's better than Tails), Amy, and Shadow.
Mega Man: Mega Man, Proto Man, Roll, and Bass

Sonic Adventure 2 Battle was the first time I owned a Sonic game, so I loved it. Couldn't get into Sonic since I was a Nintendo guy. I skipped Shadow and 2006 but played Sonic Heroes and loved Sonic Colors. Sonic Colors is probably my favorite Sonic game. I hope the themes in the game are in Smash 4 like Adventure 2 Battle's were,

Jedisupersonic

Eight Leaves One Kame Style
NNID
Jedisupersonic
3DS FC
4871-3983-7566
They do need a F-Zero villain in there and I think Black Shadow would perfectly fit that stereotype.
If that happens we can relive that one moment from the anime. Matter of fact the first related video to smash 4 when it came out would be a falcon punch to his face.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Guess I better get on the Star Wars character hype train instead! :p
Fedora wearing, neckbeard cosplaying fatso.

Oh yes, I totally understand this along with how from an anthropological point of view that xenophobia is more or less the modus operandi for social interaction but the question remains, is it rational? Being friends with a number of furries, I would say no because, despite being weird to me, they are doing nobody any real harm, just occasionally creeping them out. :laugh:
And this is coming from someone who used to be a racist.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
What's with the sudden outburst of Steve Irwin photos I've been seeing all over the Internet? I mean he died a long time ago and don't understand why he is relevant again.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Have you forgotten that Shorts is the resident Alpha *****?

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
A scary conflict? Well that's the "news of the world", just like that one album's giant robot holding bleeding humans.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom