• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros 4 (Wii U/3DS) Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Look, can we just all agree that she's a worthless sack of **** and move on?
The thing is that people will get upset for calling their furry goddess what she actually is (the sentence you used to describe her).

I think Star Fox as a series is complete in terms of characters.

Baskerville

That's a paddlin'
NNID
RedGazelle7
3DS FC
4184-3881-5805
Well you can blame Chrono for that.

Great to see you again Asage! :3

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
Krystal does have large and vocal fan base, and that is something that counts. I won't count her out until the game is released.... hell Ridley is my number 1 most wanted new comer. I really think he has a good chance to be in Smash 4. However, I've been following Smash announcements since pre-melee, and I was SURE he would be in both Melee and Brawl, so I know that people's theoretical rosters don't mean much prelaunch.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Krystal is funny because she is not an inherently BAD character choice. The biggest argument against her is that she is in a stagnant series that is already over represented... but she has the ability to be a fairly unique SF character because of her staff.

I don't think too many people dislike her as much as they dislike her fan base, which makes sense because most of them are over zealous furries. Anti-fandom is a huge thing on the internet.
It seems that anti-fandom is the greatest when the hated fandom in question is part of some anthropomorphic franchise (Starfox, Sonic, MLP, etc.) though I don't hear much hate if the cast is all robots or something. Generally, I hear the hated fandoms as being autistic or some BS accusation (regardless of how accurate it may be) which is still inexcusable. It's not like every person in these fandoms is Chris-Chan. In fact, people like him are probably very, very rare.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
And for what other series are missing:
Kirby: Does he have a female rep or character?
Metroid: Dark Samus and Ridley fit, but does she have a male hero worth mentioning?
I just did this because I find archetypes fun.

The only female heros that come to mind are Ribbon from Kirby 64 and Chuchu from Kirby's Dreamland 3.

The closest Metroid could get to a male hero rep is Anthony Higgs, but thats unlikely.

pikaknight

Smash Cadet
true conker is basically extinct but pit was also sooo unexpected in brawl. I'd expect them to put in a character even if they have no new titles of there own coming out dont you think? and im sure conkers move set would be a bit violent but you never know..

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
It seems that anti-fandom is the greatest when the hated fandom in question is part of some anthropomorphic franchise (Starfox, Sonic, MLP, etc.) though I don't hear much hate if the cast is all robots or something. .
When something gets a lot of hate, there is usually a well deserved reason for why it does.

pikaknight

Smash Cadet
Dixie is just diddy but a female version..... KKR is like a much more different character(which i rather see imo)

jaytalks

Smash Champion
NNID
jaytalks
I like Krystal. She's a good character. Her design works in the context of being a member of the Starfox Team. She's not as well-developed of a character as other Nintendo characters, but neither is Mario or Link in that regard. Nintendo's characters tend to be like that.

I enjoyed Assault. Played Adventures since it was the last Rare game. Couldn't get into Command, but I occasionally try to get into it again.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
After seeing DKCR FT, I think Dixie is more likely than that fat *******. Not surprised, really. I wouldn't mind, so long as Dixie has a decent moveset.

I mean, don't take it wrong, I'd love to play as KKR, but... Dixie. :(
Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze is going to influence jack squat.

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
So did Geno. Sakurai looks at other things aside from which fanboy legions pounds their chest like an ape the loudest.
Krystal isn't third party, and she isn't from an off-shot to a main line series. Also, I DON'T LIKE KRYSTAL.... just want to get that out there, I'm pretty indifferent towards her, I was just bringing up that she has unique moveset potential and a large fan base, so I wouldn't be surprised if she got in.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
After seeing DKCR FT, I think Dixie is more likely than that fat *******. Not surprised, really. I wouldn't mind, so long as Dixie has a decent moveset.

I mean, don't take it wrong, I'd love to play as KKR, but... Dixie. :(
I won't give up! there is still that mystery 4th character which I hope is King K. Rool. (its probably Cranky, Funky or Kiddy) :urg:
Movesetwise there isn't much Dixie can do that Diddy can't.
King K. Rool on the other hand, has a lot more possible moves that not only makes him unique amongst the DK cast, but the Smash cast in general!
If not for those reasons at LEAST in memory if Steve Irwin, we owe it to him and the the world.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze is going to influence jack squat.
We will probably get some stickers out of it assuming stickers return. Maybe a few trophies. The game will be releasing a full year prior to Smash 4's release. But in terms of character selection, you are right it will influence nothing. At best, it might convince Sakurai to hang on to Dixie Kong (assuming Dixie Kong is on his list), if time constraints come up and he has to decide which ones he can't finish.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
When something gets a lot of hate, there is usually a well deserved reason for why it does.
That doesn't excuse the blanket hatred that you go on about. You don't see me calling Sonic fans autistic furfags just because one of them actually was (hypothetically speaking).

I'm just "whatever" when I run into insane fans. It comes with every fandom. It just so happens that the weird ones are the most vocal.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Why did people waste time of their lives talking about Krystal in the last few pages?

Like Star Fox is going to get a newcomer... >_>

jaytalks

Smash Champion
NNID
jaytalks
Actually the Krystal fanbase is pretty small, but the shrilling creates the illusion that it's big.
The fact that Kirby games regularly sell at least a million copies creates the correct illusion that it's big.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
It's kind of like how Sonic has a notoriously annoying fanbase and a good number of cringe worthy games but I don't deny his credentials that made him a prime candidate for Smash Bros. I'll admit, I was aggressively against several characters before Brawl including Pac-Man, Waluigi (who's ironically one of my favorite Mario characters now), and Tingle but now I don't really see a point to it. Are there still character suggestions that practically give me ulcers? Oh hell yes, (Daisy will always be the top of this list) but after seeing so many of preBrawl character theories get shot to **** once the game actually came out forced me to eat nearly three years worth of humble pie for some characters.

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
Why did people waste time of their lives talking about Krystal in the last few pages?

Like Star Fox is going to get a newcomer... >_>
I just mentioned that I wouldn't be completely surprised if Krystal got in the new game... didn't say it was something I wanted or expected (it's neither), but some people apparently get really but hurt at somebody even bringing up that it is a possibility.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
It's kind of like how Sonic has a notoriously annoying fanbase and a good number of cringe worthy games but I don't deny his credentials that made him a prime candidate for Smash Bros. I'll admit, I was aggressively against several characters before Brawl including Pac-Man, Waluigi (who's ironically one of my favorite Mario characters now), and Tingle but now I don't really see a point to it. Are there still character suggestions that practically give me ulcers? Oh hell yes, (Daisy will always be the top of this list) but after seeing so many of preBrawl character theories get shot to **** once the game actually came out forced me to eat nearly three years worth of humble pie for some characters.
Correction: Daisy in Her Sports Outfit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom