• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros 4 (Wii U/3DS) Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
No matter how much people try to dress it up as "bad characterization", unless I see a discussion on here about Krystal that doesn't result in glorified furry bashing, then I'm going to continue to say that Krystal only gets as much as hate as she does because of furries

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
I just mentioned that I wouldn't be completely surprised if Krystal got in the new game... didn't say it was something I wanted or expected (it's neither), but some people apparently get really but hurt at somebody even bringing up that it is a possibility.
No. It was people getting upset because some people said Krystal was a bad character and that post-64 Starfox games were subpar. Of course every character has a chance of getting in, but I think her chances are south of 50%.

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
ANYWAY, if I really wanted to start something I would being up the fact that Geno is a secondary character in a game that barely sold over 2 million copies 17 years ago, and that it's not even considered the best Mario RPG by most fans of Mario RPGS. But I won't.

I really hope we hear more about the online system soon.

(Also, that first level of SF: Assault was so great that it made me hate the rest of the game for not being like it)

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Totally not giving a **** about the topic on hand...

The only thing about the vets that have returned that I'm happy about is Bowser. He looks promising this time around. Like drop kicking Mario. That's the best thing I've ever seen. And him actually running and not fart rocketing... Or whatever the hell he's doing.

Jedisupersonic

Eight Leaves One Kame Style
NNID
Jedisupersonic
3DS FC
4871-3983-7566
Totally not giving a **** about the topic on hand...

The only thing about the vets that have returned that I'm happy about is Bowser. He looks promising this time around. Like drop kicking Mario. That's the best thing I've ever seen. And him actually running and not fart rocketing... Or whatever the hell he's doing.
He was driving his invisible car, he got it on loan from Wonderwoman

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Way to hyperbole. Try again.
Really now? You act as if suggesting any female character is because of boobs unless it's ones you personally support/expect. That's just one example. Your problem is that you present stereotypes as no-exceptions facts and that you use double standards.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Bowser Hovercar was his signature dash, you know. :troll:

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
I'm not joining in this Kyrstal war/conversation or whatever this is.
2 reasons why.

1: I've never played Starfox.

2: I don't like getting pulled into arguments.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
No matter how much people try to dress it up as "bad characterization", unless I see a discussion on here about Krystal that doesn't result in glorified furry bashing, then I'm going to continue to say that Krystal only gets as much as hate as she does because of furries
Actually people did give good reasons for why they don't like her as a character.

The hate for Krystal comes from several things:
1. The quality (or lack thereof) of the post-64 games.
2. People not liking her design (especially the scantily clad and skintight ones)
3. Her characterization in every game she has been in (especially Command).
4. Furries
5. Obnoxious and perverted fanbase (especially during pre-Brawl).

jaytalks

Smash Champion
NNID
jaytalks
I don't really pay attention to fan hate if it's purely because of seeing the character. If you haven't play Star Fox Adventures, Star Fox Assault, or Command, then you can't really say you hate her even you haven't seen in her actually setting. That's like saying you hate a movie without seeing the movie. She fits in nicely with the Starfox Team.

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
Did anyone translate that french interview???
I thought it was already translated? I dont mind taking a crack at it once I get home. I briefly read through the original text and I'm gussing the website is based in France? Dat dialect... :dizzy:

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Really now? You act as if suggesting any female character is because of boobs unless it's ones you personally support/expect. That's just one example. Your problem is that you present stereotypes as no-exceptions facts and that you use double standards.
Nope. Try again.

I don't personally support or expect Anna. Have you ever seen me attack her?

I don't personally want or expect Lip either. I don't attack her either.

Go do something more productive with your time than get into a slapfight.

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
Actually people did give good reasons for why they don't like her as a character.

2. People not liking her design (especially the scantily clad and skintight ones)
4. Furries
1 has nothing to do with Krystal herself

2 ties into 4 and 5 which is my point

3 is a solid reason but still not enough to justify the amount of hate that I've seen

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Nice logical fallacy.
Are you really that dumb? For each of those cultures, there's homophobia, "heathen", and all the **** following 9/11 respectively just for those three alone. I could toss in the Cold War for Russians, Dey Turk Ur Jerbs for Mexicans, and "tree huggers" for environmentalists.

Mr.Showtime

Smash Ace

4. Furries

Isn't 5 a reason of 4? Those reasons are horrible. To counter the first reason, there are characters that are in Sma4sh that are both from pre and post 64...............so why don't people hate those characters?

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
VICTINI SHOULD TOTALLY BE IN SUPER SMASH BROS 4 BECAUSE HE'S NOT KRYSTAL.

Moving on, I really don't see Victini coming in as a newcomer, which sucks, cause I really had high hopes of him.

Kind of the ****hole when it comes to newcomer desires; you'll be disappointed somehow.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Also, no, there is no rational reason to literally hate a character for a number of reasons:

1. They're not real.

2. They have no real impact on your life or well being.

3. Psychologically speaking, hate stems from being hurt physically, emotionally, or mentally by something or someone. By saying you truly hate a fictional character, you are implying that they have somehow done this. Hate also stems from the fear that the culprit will repeat their actions which, again, is completely implausible for a cartoon character.

Hate and dislike are not synonyms. Hate stretches far beyond just disliking something to the point that encountering or even thinking about it causes your parasympathetic nervous system to start pumping out cortisol (a stress hormone) as if the thing in question could LITERALLY kill you which, once again, is beyond absurd for a blue, anthropomorphic, cartoon fox.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
He's talking about the "decline" of the series (because some people actually like the post-64 games) following Starfox 64. Really though, Krystal is just a scapegoat for the hate of the post-64 games much like Shadow was for the longest time. Then again, having that Shadow the Hedgehog game didn't exactly help.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Well back during the old day smash 4 hype we didn't expect a whole new pokemon game to be announced and released before smash

jaytalks

Smash Champion
NNID
jaytalks
Continuing with the archetype thing, with different examples for prospective characters:
Zelda: Link, Tingle, Zelda, Ganondorf
Kirby: Kirby, Metaknight, Ribbon or Adeleine (Thanks for the help), King Dedede
Metroid: Samus, Dark Samus, Anthony Higgs, Ridley.
Fire Emblem: Marth, Chrom, Lyn, Grima
Wario: Wario, Jimmy T., Mona, Captain Syrup

Jedisupersonic

Eight Leaves One Kame Style
NNID
Jedisupersonic
3DS FC
4871-3983-7566
He's talking about the "decline" of the series (because some people actually like the post-64 games) following Starfox 64. Really though, Krystal is just a scapegoat for the hate of the post-64 games much like Shadow was for the longest time. Then again, having that Shadow the Hedgehog game didn't exactly help.
I enjoy quite a few of the post 64 Starfox games and hey. After Shadow and 06. Sonic jumped back ^^.

Then again this is coming from a fanboy of both series.. I dno if my points are valid haha.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom