• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros 4 (Wii U/3DS) Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
I sorta started to think now of seeing Nintendog-rep as likely, but then remembered a giant Nintendog-stage in 3DS-version... oh wait, that's why my assumption rose from the first place.

*Star drops on the head*

I can't still wait to see Super Mario Galaxy-stages though... maaaaaaaaaannnn. *Eyes drool*

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I would love to see what Kamiya does with the Starfox series. As long as it isn't Starfox-O-netta. (Too lazy to photoshop Fox's head on Bayonetta's body) ;)
I would prefer Viewtiful Joe over Bayonetta, but hey beggars can't be choosers.
Krystal-o-netta? :troll:

*Holds up flame-shield*

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990

volbound1700

Smash Master
After reading that interview with Sakurai, I feel so much better about Sonic's chances :). I was scared for a little while there but I don't think there will be much of a shakeup. The biggest factor is Sonic has abilities, like Megaman, that no other Nintendo character can bring to the table. (spin dash, speed rolls, etc.).

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
The issue on the 3DS is not transforming characters like Samus, Pokémon Trainer and Zelda.

It's for characters who involve multiple fighters at the same time. Transformations are character swaps mid-battle and not simultaneous fighters. Mind the wording.
There's also the potential issue of RAM. The transformations still have to be loaded before the battle unless you want something like a repeat of Brawl.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
@star
Are you sure it lags? I don't remember any lag in my offline games and I just looked up a PT video on youtube and didn't see any lag.
Yes, every now and then there will be a 3-4 second delay and the animation will freeze. Might just be my game.

@Hoots: Forget Nintendog, give me Nintencat with hairball projectiles and pooper scoopers raining from the sky.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I would rather have a nintenreptile game

Where you play with and dress up reptiles which don't react to it

Erimir

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3823-8583-9137
I can't believe you people are expecting more than a photo from Sakurai desk's - which is what we were explicitly told we were getting - already.

As it was said thousands of times during the development cycle last time and will no doubt hit the millions before Smash 4 comes out; It's a privilege to see anything, not a right.
I'm not upset about what they've shown so far - it is only a week since the site launched. However, they're doing marketing, not giving us some privilege. I'm free to critique what they're doing without someone whining about how Nintendo is some all-benevolent entity deigning to give information to us little people. They're giving us information because they want our money, and if they thought it would hurt their profits they most likely wouldn't do it no matter how much we whined. They're trying to build hype. Obviously the people here are likely to buy the game no matter what, but the site builds hype for people who aren't as into it as we are, and the goal is that those excited people will convince others to buy the game (and with a multiplayer focused game like Smash, we have a motivation to convince our friends to buy it) and so on and so forth.

They don't have to show us anything, but they're not doing it purely out of the goodness of their hearts and if the way they're doing it is annoying me more than it's exciting me, I can say that and it's a perfectly valid critique of what they're doing. Again, not to say I'm bothered by the site so far, just saying it's legitimate to criticize it and not kiss Sakurai and Nintendo's feet in gratefulness every time there's an update.
I don't think people realize that when we have starter vs unlockable discussions. It's about who might be revealed before the game is released.
I kinda took this Sakurai quote to suggest he would be keeping fewer things secret before release.

Sakurai said:
"There will be a single player [campaign], but it won't be like the [Subspace Emissary] mode in Brawl," Sakurai explained. That game's adventure mode offered a series of unlockable movies that explained the Subspace Emissary plot. "One thing we can do with the Smash Bros. series that's unique to us — because we have all these different disparate characters brought together — is we can create that sort of fan-movie experience as a special gift. But now those things are posted on the internet, it doesn't really become a gift for people who played the game."

"What we decided this time around, we're just going to have [those movies unlocked] from the beginning," Sakurai said. "We're going to have a movie for Wii Fit Trainer, The Villager and Mega Man and they'll be viewable right at the beginning, you can watch those right away."
I kinda took that as "Whoever wants to know will be able to find it on the internet anyway, so there's not a big point in keeping it all a secret." And also that you'll basically be able to find out who all the newcomers are (at least) without unlocking them first

After all, if you don't want to know who's in it, you don't have to check the site. I'm one of those people who wants to know the full roster before the game comes out, but if I were really wanting to be surprised, I wouldn't be checking it. And especially I wouldn't give into the temptation for spoilers and check it and then say that they shouldn't reveal so much because that's what I want, and never mind the people who do want it.

Of course, a nice feature for the new Dojo would be to somehow hide spoilers from the people who don't want them, then we'd all be happy spoiler-wise.
Side B Specials were added to Melee.
Final Smashes were added to Brawl.

I really hope every character gets something new in Clash Smash Bros Wiiu, as well.
Thing is that since Wiimotes seem likely to still be a controller option, they can't really add anything that would require the use of another unique button (e.g. since X and Y both jump, they could map some kind of new move to one of them). So there's not a lot of ways to add new basic moves for everybody.

I suppose they could add an item that has a unique effect for each character... I mean, the Smash Ball is kinda like that... But for example, Samus could get the Ice Beam or Ice Missiles, Mario could get one of his many powerups, that sort of thing. That would be pretty complicated though.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
Isn't Gamefreak implementing some Nintendog like interaction with your pokemon? At least that what it looks like from these trailers/screens.

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
I suppose they could add an item that has a unique effect for each character... I mean, the Smash Ball is kinda like that... But for example, Samus could get the Ice Beam or Ice Missiles, Mario could get one of his many powerups, that sort of thing. That would be pretty complicated though.
I Like it.
The item could be an Ace of Spades Card.

otter

Smash Ace
I sorta started to think now of seeing Nintendog-rep as likely, but then remembered a giant Nintendog-stage in 3DS-version... oh wait, that's why my assumption rose from the first place.

*Star drops on the head*

I can't still wait to see Super Mario Galaxy-stages though... maaaaaaaaaannnn. *Eyes drool*
Is Mario Galaxy going to happen on the Wii U? If the series is over, it may not have a stage.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Is Mario Galaxy going to happen on the Wii U? If the series is over, it may not have a stage.
Sunshine got a stage in Brawl even though the "series" was over.

Galaxy will get a stage. I'm sure of it.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I hope the "series" is over. Galaxy was a wii thing, I hope they go for a different direction for the wii u

peeup

Smash Lord
Galaxy was awesome, why would you want them to stop just cause it was the Wii's thing? Do you not want another Paper Mario either?

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Galaxy was awesome, why would you want them to stop just cause it was the Wii's thing? Do you not want another Paper Mario either?
The way I see it
Mario Bros was the NES thing
World world was the SNES thing
Mario 64 was the 64 thing
Sunshine was the Gamecube thing
Galaxy was the wii thing

The games reflect the generation with great differences

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
For me it's not so much that I want Galaxy to end as much as just wanting to see something new for Mario, past rehashing the same old ideas, which is what his Wii U games have been so far.

I think the inevitable Galaxy stage will be a fitting sendoff to those two games, and I don't see Nintendo revisiting Galaxy again.

peeup

Smash Lord
Guess I see where you're coming from. I just really liked Galaxy, it was the first Mario game in a long time (like, ever) that I actually enjoyed.

Either way I think we're gonna get a Galaxy stage in Sm4sh.

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero
I'm surprised that they didn't put in a Super Mario Galaxy stage in Brawl, considering that it was development around the same time as Brawl, and the music and models for Galaxy seemed to be mostly finished around E3 '06.

I think they could've actually made a stage somewhere in '07 if they hadn't used development time on other things.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I'm surprised that they didn't put in a Super Mario Galaxy stage in Brawl, considering that it was development around the same time as Brawl, and the music and models for Galaxy seemed to be mostly finished around E3 06.

I think they could've made a stage if they hadn't used development time on other things.
I'm not. Firstly, it really didn't seem like Galaxy was far along enough for much content in Brawl. I mean, we didn't get a stage, music, stickers, trophies, or really anything past the Chronicle mention. Second, I think one of the only patterns that does seem to hold true is the "main" Mario game of the past platform getting a stage in the next Smash. I mean 64 did in Melee, Sunshine did in Brawl, and Galaxy almost definitely will in SSB4... so I wasn't holding my breath for a Galaxy stage last time. Plus now we get to see the Galaxy stage all pretty in HD, which will hopefully be worth the wait. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom