• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros 4 (Wii U/3DS) Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

bobadz

Smash Ace
@starpheonix, Even gamefaqs is being more reasonable then GAF when it comes to cuts right now. Granted every page you will see Atleast one Ridley topic, but still. People aren't being as cut happy as they were a few days ago.

Disfunkshunal

Manners Maketh Man
NNID
Disfunkshunal
3DS FC
1848-1876-3249
One of the new users here who is also a programmer said that characters like PT and Shelda are loaded before the match starts. Otherwise there would be significant lag during the transformations.

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
I thought there was a video or something that showed someone do a Brawl-styled air dodge. I could be wrong, but...
It's Brawl-styled airdodges now, yes, but Sakurai himself said that he was in the process of "experimenting" with them as of that E3 build. I was wondering if we did see a revival of the Melee airdodge, would the physics of the new engine allow for wavedashing. That's all.

To go on the record, I'm totally okay living without something like wavedashing. Lol. As long as the rest of the game flows smoothly and quickly enough, it's not really necessary to make a breakneck-paced game. Well, insofar as my personal preference and opinion goes, anyway.

Smooth Criminal

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Samus should totally turn to Ridley after her final smash

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
It's also been noted that the issue actually isn't characters like ZSS and Zelda/Sheik but characters who have parts of them that have individual AI like the Ice Climbers and Olimar. With the Ice Climbers it's the second Ice Climber and with Olimar it's the pikmin.

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
Maybe Olimar's doesn't pluck Pikmin anymore, he just always has a bunch on hand.

Like he keeps throwing them out for side B, but they disappear after they've finished attacking. Or he pulls out different colors of Pikmin for the Smashes and other moves. Winged Pikmin could be his recovery where he pulls two out and holds onto them.

bobadz

Smash Ace
My only problem with gamefaqs right now is Vaztor71. dedekong's been very quite lately. Vaztor is just trolling the Ridley fanbase, along with his followers.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
Samus should totally turn to Ridley after her final smash
Zero-suit Ridley? :awesome:
Brilliant!

I would love it if Olimar's recovery did something involving the Flying Pikmin.
Maybe possibly something similar to R.O.B's recovery where the Flying Pikmin will pik Olimar up and give him free roam in the air for limited amount of time until Olimar touches the ground.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
I do wonder what they're going to do about Pikmin. Olimar is playable in Pikmin 3 (albeit in the multiplayer mode) but I guess there is the possibility of him being replaced by the new captain Charley.

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
I would loveit if Olimar's recovery did something involving the Flying Pikmin.
An idea we've had involved his recovery potentially staying the same, but for every Flying Pikmin with Olimar the chain flies him up a bit lifting him and also ultimately extending its reach.

kackamee

Smash Master
NNID
SlushCream
3DS FC
3480-3017-1332
It's also been noted that the issue actually isn't characters like ZSS and Zelda/Sheik but characters who have parts of them that have individual AI like the Ice Climbers and Olimar. With the Ice Climbers it's the second Ice Climber and with Olimar it's the pikmin.
Has this been confirmed or are we still speculating that this is the problem?

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
I've looked on other forums and the people who actually have some programming knowledge seem to all agree on this. This also explains why, aside from Game and Watch, Olimar and the Ice Climbers were by far the least touched characters when it came to PSAs.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
An idea we've had involved his recovery potentially staying the same, but for every Flying Pikmin with Olimar the chain flies him up a bit lifting him and also ultimately extending its reach.
After Brawl, tether recovery has left a bad taste in my mouth. Once someone grabs the ledge your character is essentially rendered useless. Unless in Super Smash Bros. Wii U/ 3DS tether recovery can now:
  1. Latch onto the ledge even if someone is on it (Like Project M).
    1. And if the ledge-hogger is still holding onto the ledge while your latched onto the edge; they should be pushed/knocked off the ledge when you pull your character up.
  2. Latch onto other parts of the stage than the ledge (Like Melee).
Unless these changes are implemented, I personally would like it if Olimar and other tether recovery reliant characters received a new recovery move. Or at least a alternative recovery option.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Nah, I think there would still be significantly more beef if Zamus was removed than, say, R.O.B. She was one of the first five Brawl characters revealed and I think there would be a lot of backlash for cutting down on the girls in the roster.
Not if she is replaced with Ridley.
One of the new users here who is also a programmer said that characters like PT and Shelda are loaded before the match starts. Otherwise there would be significant lag during the transformations.
Even with that being true Pokémon Trainer still causes Brawl to lag. But on top of that you still have the issue with the Pokémon Trainer himself needing a location made for him in the background.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Since Zamus is the same person as Samus, it's not really cutting down on the girls since the same amount of girls are in the game

Plus they made Samus more feminine in this game anyway to reflect she IS a girl

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
I don't think it truly matters in the end since there won't be quite the dramatic decrease as NeoGAF seems hellbent on believing there will be. Unfortunately I can't go into specifics right now. Just a lot of misinterpretation and misinformation. Remember:

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
After Brawl, tether recovery has left a bad taste in my mouth. Once someone grabs the ledge your character is essentially rendered useless. Unless in Super Smash Bros. Wii U/ 3DS tether recovery can now:
  1. Latch onto the ledge even if someone is on it (Like Project M).
    1. And if the ledge-hogger is still holding onto the ledge while your latched onto the edge; they should be pushed/knocked off the ledge when you pull your character up.
  2. Latch onto other parts of the stage than the ledge (Like Melee).
Unless these changes are implemented, I personally would like it if Olimar and other tether recovery reliant characters received a new recovery move. Or at least a alternative recovery option.
Being that it is so painful to be off stage as Olimar I definitely agree with everything you say here.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Well, the villager doesn't wear that hat anymore

It was the hat that made all the difference

Hoots

Can Be Combative
I don't think it truly matters in the end since there won't be quite the dramatic decrease as NeoGAF seems hellbent on believing there will be. Unfortunately I can't go into specifics right now. Just a lot of misinterpretation and misinformation. Remember:

I would main the **** out of Shiba Inu Puppy.

Disfunkshunal

Manners Maketh Man
NNID
Disfunkshunal
3DS FC
1848-1876-3249
@star
Are you sure it lags? I don't remember any lag in my offline games and I just looked up a PT video on youtube and didn't see any lag.

D

Deleted member

The issues with the 3DS makes me think that even if we don't see the limit in the roster that many people are fearing (I'm thinking we'll get at least fifty characters by the time this is all said and one, transformation included) that there won't be anymore transformation characters. Meaning that Mewtwo is probably going to return as Awakening Mewtwo and the original Mewtwo won't.

Also we should remember that Sakurai said that characters would be "nearly" identical on both versions. While the characters offered will be the same, it's possible that Zelda and Sheik are split on the 3DS version (like Starphoenix is proposing) but are kept together in the Wii-U version.

@Starphoenix and veterans: One way they could approach the situation is to get rid of the Pokémon Trainer but keep Charizard, Ivysaur and Squirtle. Even if the Pokémon Trainer does go, it doesn't mean that Charizard, Ivysaur and Squirtle has to as well. It would help make the characters less complicated to work with overall.

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
Yeah seperating PT's Pokemon IMO would a great way to go, we'd only be losing an NPC and benefit would come from doing such (playing as Charizard and Squirtle by their lonesomes FTW)

D

Deleted member

Yeah seperating PT's Pokemon IMO would a great way to go, we'd only be losing an NPC and benefit would come from doing such (playing as Charizard and Squirtle by their lonesomes FTW)
We also don't have to deal with the gimmick that makes them less effective the more they fight.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
The issue on the 3DS is not transforming characters like Samus, Pokémon Trainer and Zelda.

It's for characters who involve multiple fighters at the same time. Transformations are character swaps mid-battle and not simultaneous fighters. Mind the wording.

volbound1700

Smash Master
Even people who like to play with items don't really care about them that much as long as they're fun. For example, the only item that made me say "oh, that's neat" when they first announced it on the Dojo was the Cracker Launcher.

I love items, I just hate the overpowered ones which appeared a lot in Brawl. The Assist Trophies were very overpowered (Andross, Lyn, Saki, etc.). Also never really liked the hammer that much. I love the bat, sword, laser gun, shell, bomb-omb, etc.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
So then...nothing new? okay.
This, and the screenshots on the DOJO (which don't show anything new) are the only "new" new stuff I believe. And that's already a day old, so somewhere some slowpoke image is being readied for the next person that posts it. :rolleyes:

Doesn't seem like Bayonetta is planned at this point (and I don't see Sakurai pulling a Sonic for her).

Also somebody just let them work on Starfox dammit! If Retro has no plans for it... then why the hell not? Platinum is more than capable. Tbh it'll probably sell better than the two they're working on now.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom