• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros 4 (Wii U/3DS) Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Oh god that reminds me of Sakurai's Kirby love.

please god help us with the Kirby characters. NAMCO SAVE US!
What's wrong with the Kirby characters? The main three are already in and I doubt Sakurai will add more Kirby characters.

The reason King Dedede wasn't added in 64 and Melee was because Sakurai didn't want to focus too much on his series.
Considering Brawl added a lot of more recognizable and popular characters from Nintendo, including Wario, Diddy Kong, Wolf and Olimar, I think it was fair that Kirby would get the other two main characters, Meta Knight and King Dedede.

ThatGuyYouMightKnow

Smash Champion
Man, Samus' charge shot shakes the stage now. I don't think it did that before did it?

I really think they're going for the Melee feel now. Melee had way more screen shaking on hits and during the action as well as fast camera movement. Two things that made it LOOK fast and FEEL really ****ing good to hit someone.

We really need to flood them with "PAIN GRUNTS ON HIT PLS" or something.

I meant more balance-wise.

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
I guarantee you altogether they took up less than 64MB of space. Maybe like, 40. And maybe 7 of that is non-N64 stuff.
What you are forgetting is that each Masterpeice game is more then just the game.... each one includes it's own emulator. So, for every N64 game that is included you need to tack on the size of an N64 emulator.... same with NES and SNES games.

People also need to realize that a 3DS Card holds MORE then the dual layer DvD Brawl came on, 8 GB vs 6 GB. You cut out the Masterpeices and the 3DS game, even with the same story mode and bad compression, should have 3 extra gigs of space to work with, and I believe the Brawl roster only took up 2 GB. Space, even on the 3DS version, should NOT be a problem.

ThatGuyYouMightKnow

Smash Champion
Oh okay. Looks like Samus neutral B only shakes the ring stage. Makes sense due to the way those are.

Air movement looks ridiculous right now. Everyone moves through the air like Jiggly, haha.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
I meant more balance-wise.
Well, to be fair, Snake was also kind of overpowered in Brawl, so I doubt balance issues are Sakurai's bias towards his series and whatnot.

I think it was more coincidental than anything, but people like over analyzing stuff as always...

ThatGuyYouMightKnow

Smash Champion
Well, to be fair, Snake was also kind of overpowered in Brawl, so I doubt balance issues are Sakurai's bias towards his series and whatnot.

I think it was more coincidental than anything, but people like over analyzing stuff as always...
Well, that was an ongoing joke for a while. It's just nice to realize it was a simple reason why things were so very badly balanced, and it's easy to avoid this time.

volbound1700

Smash Master
Well also, Sakurai balances the game with items and FS included. Some characters are lousy without items or their FS.

For example, Sonic is so much easier to win with when you have items on because he can get to them quicker and makes for a great item chucker. Also his FS is overpowered.

Metaknight is hard to control on items and his FS is garbage.

The problem is characters like Donkey Kong or Captain Falcon. They are not good no matter how you use them.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
its called starfox assualt. although uprising was a good game, I was really bummed to see my favorite nintendo IP used on a Starfox re-skin.
Yeah I would love another game like Assault....only with more polish in the ground combat.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
By the way I still hope Villager pulls out some random fish or bugs as part of an attack... At least a taunt... always wanted him to use one of his EXPRESSIONS as an attack. Mostly the EXCLAMATION MARK ONE for the sake of lots of Snake jokes.
He needs to have BEES! as his final smash.
http://www.smashbros.com/update/images/daily.jpg

Well never expect the expected with Sakurai.[/IMG]
Well, it looks like I'm maining Fox again. Looks like he's gonna be a mixup character.

Vortex Fox confirmed.

I wonder if we'll even get character reveals on the Dojo in its current form? The former Brawl one had a rather basic precursor as well.

I forget, was there a particular occasion for when the Brawl Dojo underwent its TRANSFORMATION?
There was a countdown to the Dojo hype generator.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Wish he'd just show us Little Mac already. The anticipation is killing me! :glare:

I need to know how this sexy beast is integrated!

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
I doubt he'll show us everything. I wouldn't mind atleast all the Starters and Newcomer Starters. As well as all Third Parties. I like having a surprise~
I had no clue that Melee was in development, and was greatly by surprised when I got it for Christmas with my GCN.

One thing that I remembered was me getting goosebumps when the character is approaching screen showed up and not knowing who I was going to fight. I kind of spoiled that opportunity with Brawl's release (The DOJO was so tempting!), but with Sakurai being so quite this time around I might be able to get that feeling I once had.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
Hahaha yooo Bro? I seriously dunno who you think your messing with ima Mario Kart OGGGGGG RealTalk.
N!gga, I run Music Park! I hold my city down! :laugh: (i don't even know my 3DS code..Idk if there is even a 3DS code LOL)
You are probably going to need to do a bit of unlocking though. There are quite the handful of kart parts to get.

D

Deleted member

http://www.smashbros.com/update/images/daily.jpg

Well never expect the expected with Sakurai.[/IMG]
Wrestling confirmed! :troll:
If Captain Falcon is a starter, I will be inclined to believe there will be a second F-Zero character... WHICH MAY NOT BE VERY WISE.
Yeah it wouldn't, since Captain Falcon was a starter in Melee and the series got no newcomers. However, Captain Falcon being an unlockable would only solidify my doubt on a new F-zero rep (as awesome as Samurai Goroh would be).

Hoots

Can Be Combative
Wrestling confirmed! :troll:Yeah it wouldn't, since Captain Falcon was a starter in Melee and the series got no newcomers. However, Captain Falcon being an unlockable would only solidify my doubt on a new F-zero rep (as awesome as Samurai Goroh would be).
It SHOULD be mandatory that Captain Falcon is a starter. He's become such a mascot of Smash, you would think Nintendo would capitalize on that.

On a totally unrelated note, this is the only thing I'll ever be able to think of when I see Megaman.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I'm surprised people are actually expecting and disappointed we aren't getting characters reveals on the DOJO yet. Did you forget the game was revealed LAST WEEK? And doesn't release til NEXT YEAR? With Brawl we didn't get any more character confirmations until several months after the trailer, and then it was only Fox. With Melee there weren't any character confirmations, bar Zelda (who was only confirmed slightly before release), until the game actually released. Why are people expecting there to be more characters revealed on the third or fourth screenshot update?

Just because we're getting daily updates right from the get-go doesn't mean Sakurai has any intention of revealing more characters so soon after the reveal. You should probably get used to seeing pictures of stuff we already know about for a while.

D

Deleted member

It SHOULD be mandatory that Captain Falcon is a starter. He's become such a mascot of Smash, you would think Nintendo would capitalize on that.
Seriously, I don't understand why Captain Falcon is an unlockable. We all know he's coming back, so we might as well know as soon as possible about his return.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I interpret the Capt. Falcon situation in a different way. We all know he's coming back, so there is no point in revealing him early. My 2 cents.

Hoots

Can Be Combative
I interpret the Capt. Falcon situation in a different way. We all know he's coming back, so there is no point in revealing him early. My 2 cents.
But you need to look at it from a marketing perspective (sorry, it's my profession). Even though we all know he's coming, what character is more inherently Smash Bros than Captain Falcon? For branding purposes, it would only be logical for Nintendo include him just as much as Mario, Link, and Pikachu in the promotional materials. Anyone who has ever played a Smash Bros game (even if they never play C. Falc) will get excited.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
From the view of things, I guess things truly will be more quieter. I didn't really expect Dojo-styled updates anymore after few days and along the way now I hearing that there'll be less info be told until the release makes me think this game's gonna be less of a spoiled-up hype machine than an actual videogame.

It's now best to be left in time what we'll see. Character reveals, I have no idea when they'll come, but if we were even meant to now wait only until the launch with all the info set up from E3... it could be quite a good thing after Brawl.

We could use few characters here and there until the launch, but it won't hurt to have none. This'll be a big-wig christmas-like present waiting to be opened if we'll be now held off any info until who knows when SSB4 will be released in 2014.

On Falcon, I agree. Brawl even just gave so much hints from the start on Falcon's return, it'd be more than redundant and weird to not have him a starter.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
http://www.officialnintendomagazine.co.uk/39783/smash-bros-wii-u-may-not-feature-more-characters/

This is what I was referring to.

edit: here's another article saying a similar thing: http://www.officialnintendomagazine...ii-u-and-3ds-sakurai-confirms-new-characters/

Sure, Sakurai wants to add in as many characters as possible, and doesn't like giving cuts, but if he's going to make a more diverse, and more balanced roster of characters rather than just an innately bigger roster, there are going to have to be some cuts, and that's just the way it's going to be. He's already said that it's going to have to happen. :/
No, Sakurai never said that. All he's said on the matter is he doesn't want to simply add more characters and call it a day, which does not indicate what the size of the roster will be. The "keeping the roster the same size as Brawl" is a result of ONM interjecting their own interpretation of what was said, but nowhere did Sakurai say that, otherwise he wouldn't be trying to add as many characters as he can. It's contradictory.

PSIguy89

Smash Ace
NNID
PSIguy89
3DS FC
3222-5969-7044
Is anyone else thinking Smash WiiU's speed and whatnot is going to favor Captain Falcon much more than Brawls?
it may sound weird, but im actually quite interested in seeing how much it will effect all of the veterans (good and bad) then again, with all the extra help balancing maybe it wont be so much "bad"

Baskerville

That's a paddlin'
NNID
RedGazelle7
3DS FC
4184-3881-5805
I'm surprised people are actually expecting and disappointed we aren't getting characters reveals on the DOJO yet. Did you forget the game was revealed LAST WEEK? And doesn't release til NEXT YEAR? With Brawl we didn't get any more character confirmations until several months after the trailer, and then it was only Fox. With Melee there weren't any character confirmations, bar Zelda (who was only confirmed slightly before release), until the game actually released. Why are people expecting there to be more characters revealed on the third or fourth screenshot update?

Just because we're getting daily updates right from the get-go doesn't mean Sakurai has any intention of revealing more characters so soon after the reveal. You should probably get used to seeing pictures of stuff we already know about for a while.
Be glad he didn't show a picture of an item. Then people would REALLY be disappointed, and mad.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
The only reason Captain Falcon was an unlockable in Brawl is because of "tradition". A tradition Sakurai conveniently forgot about in Melee. :smirk:

Let's hope this game is more like Melee where characters like Falcon, Ness, and hopefully Marth become starters anyway, I mean we all know they're going to be included. If anything, I think Ness and Lucas and Marth and Ike should respectively swap who is a starter and who in an unlockable, though I'm not going to hold me breath for that.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
I just fell in love with Olimar all over again in Brawl. He best not be cut or lost or replaced with one of those guys from Pikmin 3. :urg:

psyniac_123

Smash Ace
To add further to the idea we won't see much in terms of reveals before launch (at least compared to Brawl); look at Pokémon X&Y.

They're showing new Pokèmon every-so-often but the game launches worldwide in less than four months and we have but a handful. It's a great tactic and possibly one of the reasons they're doing it; everyone outside of Japan would always get to see the full new 'dex after Japan's release date and it ruins the surprise. Part of me wants the Dojo back but a bigger part of me loves the idea of both of these games coming with a wealth of surprises.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
I'd be glad to see an item instead of a semi-funny picture. It'd show us something we didn't know about yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom