• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros 4 (Wii U/3DS) Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
There is four total

They put Blastoise in a really stupid pose in that one

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Come to think of it, Narbarl was Sakurai's favorite FE character, yeah? A thief? Isn't Anna a thief? Maybe that's only in a special case, BUT STILL. Maybe he could put any ideas he thought of for Narbarl onto Anna. :awesome:
Nabarl was a mercenary, not a thief.

D

Deleted member

It's not necessarily the effects, but more like "what all can you do with a fire sword?" Maybe point the sword in a direction that causes an explosion some distance away, a strong swing might send out a wave of flames, a cut in the air might leave a lingering burning effect. Just go wild with the idea. I agree though, Fire Emblem is full of a just bunch of sword-wielding dudes. Which is why you have to be careful who you add. Golden asked why Chrom can't get away with doing what Marth does, and it's because Marth already does it. You want someone that actually adds something.

Just seems like Chrom supporters latch on to him because he's new, then just figure the moveset is an afterthought. "You can make any character unique" is never convincing.
The Sword of Seals Roy has is capable of providing several new moves for Roy.

If Roy were to return, I do think it is within the realm of possibility for him to become entirely unique. At the very least I expect him to be more unique than Falco and closer to Wolf's level of uniqueness.

D

Deleted member

Posted this in the Chrom thread for their input, but I figured it would be relevant here too.
Here's a half-***** Specials list for Chrom that I whipped up in about 5 minutes after looking at all available skills he has (don't ask me to make a list).
Bear in mind, I have not played a Fire Emblem game, so I don't know most of these moves' appearance, though I just go by what they refer to and descriptions. And note that in-game effects are largely being ignored (as per the norm for Smash).
If ever I decide to make a full moveset, it will be with him wielding the Pedestal of Flames along with his Falchion, and he will use the shield as a melee weapon.

B: Luna: Chrom will swipe with his Falchion while it produces a tornado that traps opponents and damages them (I figured if Roy was the fire guy, Chrom would be the wind man, and his normal moves will reflect that).

Side B: Javelin: Self explanatory; Chrom tosses a Javelin at a curve. When it lands on the ground, it gets stuck, enabling Chrom (or one of his opponents) to pick it up as a weapon to use.

Up B: Bowbreaker (or insert original name): The attack used at 0:10 of this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aoaPXlKYoIo
Self explanatory, though to make it clear, he rises up, then crashes down at an angle while spinning forward.

Down B: Aegis: Chrom blocks himself with the Pedestal of Flames for a second while the jewels flash. After they flash, Chrom will spread his arms out and yell as a burst of energy comes from within him, covering him in an aura for an undetermined amount of time. During this state, Chrom is immune to knockback, though the amount of time he is in this state is shortened the more damage he takes. After the aura goes away, he cannot use the move again for an undetermined amount of time, in which case his appearance will be darkened until he can use it again.
The move is inspired by the original character Bando from the Naruto Clash of Ninja Revolution titles and his Chakra Armor ability, as shown here at the beginning of this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Xu5HG-5LxQ

Final Smash: Dual Aether: Chrom's Falchion glows like the Exhalted Falchion, and he slashes in front of him with a blue sword beam, stunning the opponents caught in the slash. Lucina warps in on the other side of the opponents, and the two fly through the opponents while crossing blades as in the Two Falchions video at 0:29, essentially pulling off a double Aether that sends the trapped opponents flying straight up, at which point, Lucina warps away from the battlefield.

Tell me what you think. Criticism is expected and will be reflected upon.

Aduross

Smash Apprentice
Hector seems to be the only viable option, unfortunately, and his time has probably passed. Secondary characters just do not have the popularity. Anna's the only you could even make an argument for, and even she is a pretty extreme long shot.
I'd like to see Lyndis, but I'd definitely be okay with Hector! A big, burly axe user would be quite fresh for Smash. But you're right, FE 7 was quite a while ago and long past relevance. Still though, as the first Fire Emblem that made it to the states, it'd be nice to get representation outside of an Assist Trophy.

Completely unrelated, but even if Sami doesn't make it in (which admittedly is pretty unlikely), I'd still love for her theme to be featured in some capacity. Hot damn.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
All these people cutting characters is sickening. Their reasons for doing so are even worse!

StupendousMike

Smash Ace
Kinda off topic but, I don't know who's worse the Other M detractors, or the Other M defenders

The detractors sound like elitests who think if you like any aspect of other m your opinion is wrong.

The defenders, think everyone who hates this game is an angry feminist.
I just like Other M. Not as much as Super Metroid, not as much as Metroid Prime, but I still like it. I do identify as a feminist, but I understand what people's problems were with this game. I just disagree.

ToiseOfChoice

Smash Ace
Remember that one episode of The Simpsons where there wasn't enough room in the bomb shelter and everyone was like "who DON'T we need in the future?"

ThatGuyYouMightKnow

Smash Champion
Considering the WiiU/3DS's power, and considering how many characters are sure-fire to return as well as how many of the series contained in Brawl that were most likely maxed out on spots WITHOUT realizing increased spots for WiiU/3DS (Mario, Zelda, Pokemon) or were just starting to include new characters at all (Kirby, DK),

It seems to me about 24-26 of Brawl's roster will be back, and the rest will be newcomers. Brawl has 35 characters; I can't really imagine how much of an increase in spots we'll have.

As a pointless comparison to other crossover games, UMVC3 has 48, though it's to be noted that this was after having a rerelease. Without inclusion, it leaves at 36.
Street Fighter x Tekken includes 60, but only after including each and every DLC character playable. Without inclusion, it leaves at 38.
Sony's Playstation All Stars Battle Royale also includes 48, but only after releasing DLC. Without the two, it has 46.

Can these three results be of any lead towards what we can expect? I believe they might, as PASBR includes another 11 characters than Brawl did and was the latest released, while the previous crossover games all had 34-38, including Brawl, which had the least playable out of each game even without the consideration of the other games' DLC. This leaves me to expect at least 10-15 more characters than what Brawl had to offer, realizing that PASBR is a game that is very close to Smash Bros.

This would leave us at 34-41 characters, the lowest being the least likely as it's less than what Brawl gave us, and the highest being DOUBLE the amount of "sure-fire" characters to return to us in Smash 4 I could come up with, off by just 1 slot.

Of course, 41 is being hopeful. I would be fine with simply 35, same as what we had when Brawl was released. But we do have to remember that, yes, if the 3DS can't handle the amount of characters that the WiiU can (for whatever reason, I have no knowledge on this kind of thing mind you), then we would be limited.

(Made a quick edit, typo near the first sentence of the final paragraph.)

SmashShadow

Smash Champion
3DS FC
0104-0598-9588
In an unrelated note, I discovered that my friend had The Legend of Zelda Collector's Edition after I had checked the memory card he gave me and he gave me the game today so now I can play Ocarina of time finally, replay Majora's Mask and play Zelda 2 which I've never played. Feels much better than playing it on Vizzed. :)

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
Of course, 41 is being hopeful. I would be fine with simply 35, same as what we had when Brawl was released. But we do have to remember that, yes, if the 3DS can't handle the amount of characters that the WiiU can (for whatever reason, I have no knowledge on this kind of thing mind you), then we would be limited.

Brawl's character data all together took 2GB. The 3DS has as much space as Brawl had, but without a gigantic story mode or Masterpieces, a LOT of space is freed up. The roster will be fine.

ThatGuyYouMightKnow

Smash Champion
Brawl's character data all together took 2GB. The 3DS has as much space as Brawl had, but without a gigantic story mode or Masterpieces, a LOT of space is freed up. The roster will be fine.
This is correct. The freeing of that will leave us a lot of room. The addition of that much of a list can actually be possible, but as we have no real lead as to what Nintendo could give us, we can only assume it won't be too much more than today's results.

41 may have been too small a number, at that.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Man...I'm not sure I will be following Smash 5's development as closely as this one. So much pessimism and anxiety. :urg:

ThatGuyYouMightKnow

Smash Champion
You mean like how every fighter's pre-release discussion becomes? That is how things are when you want to be involved in discussion of a competitive community's future game-to-play. It involves a lot of criticism, desire, doubt, and debating.

The Masterpieces take up such a tiny amount of space do you have any idea.
He did include SSE there.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
This is correct. The freeing of that will leave us a lot of room. The addition of that much of a list can actually be possible, but as we have no real lead as to what Nintendo could give us, we can only assume it won't be too much more than today's results.

41 may have been too small a number, at that.

Removing the Masterpieces alone frees up 1GB of space. Combine that with a simpler single-player (Story/Adventure, I believe it was confirmed to be simpler), I don't think it's an issue. Sakurai said he'd try to add as many characters as possible, too, and that combined with the fact that he hates cuts AND a possibility for DLC because of time constraints? Things are looking good to me.

@Oasis: Actually, they're quite big. The entire game is coded in as the Masterpiece, but you only get to PLAY at max 5 minutes. The whole game is there, not just a set portion.

ThatGuyYouMightKnow

Smash Champion
Removing the Masterpieces alone frees up 1GB of space. Combine that with a simpler single-player (Story/Adventure, I believe it was confirmed to be simpler), I don't think it's an issue. Sakurai said he'd try to add as many characters as possible, too, and that combined with the fact that he hates cuts AND a possibility for DLC because of time constraints? Things are looking good to me.
Of course. None of what I was getting at was pessimism, if anyone perceived that the wrong way. I was simply speculating and comparing games. I'm sure we'll have plenty.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
Of course. None of what I was getting at was pessimism, if anyone perceived that the wrong way. I was simply speculating and comparing games. I'm sure we'll have plenty.

Ah, okay, it just seemed like it to me. It didn't bother me, though, because Johnknight told me the storage specs of Brawl. And the SSE easily took a TON of space, especially with the bad compression and copy-paste.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Ah, okay, it just seemed like it to me. It didn't bother me, though, because Johnknight told me the storage specs of Brawl. And the SSE easily took a TON of space, especially with the bad compression.

Pretty much. It's sad too, because I would've loved to see the rest of the Forbidden 7 playable. Albeit, the balance would be even worse, but having a true 3rd Gen rep(Pokemon Trainer still has the 3rd Gen Pokemon Trainer Basic design, but you know what I mean), albeit, if Plusle & Minun were real would be cool. Not so much Toon Zelda and Toon Sheik, of course. The rest, yes. Roy, Dr. Mario, Dixie Kong, and Mewtwo would've been great.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
@Oasis: Actually, they're quite big. The entire game is coded in as the Masterpiece, but you only get to PLAY at max 5 minutes. The whole game is there, not just a set portion.
All those NES and SNES games take up a negligible amount of space. They're specks of dust. The N64 games are more noticeable, but I think there were only 2, and N64 carts only had 64MB of space.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
Am I the only one that expects a WiiU Battlefield pic for the update?

@Oasis: But that Still Stacks up to be a lot of Space, especially since the N64 games were OoT and Starfox 64, which were probably larger than most N64 games. And I doubt Super Metroid was negligible. :p

Nevermind, it's a Fox picture.
EDIT: OH MY GOSH, I WAS FIRST TO POST SOMETHING.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Also, keep in mind that the Japanese version had both Earthbound/Mother 2 and Fire Emblem: Monsho no Nazo.

So they didn't have as much space in the original. Only the America and European releases had less space.

bobadz

Smash Ace
Am I the only one that expects a WiiU Battlefield pic for the update?

@Oasis: But that Still Stacks up to be a lot of Space, especially since the N64 games were OoT and Starfox 64, which were probably larger than most N64 games. And I doubt Super Metroid was negligible. :p

Nevermind, it's a Fox picture.
EDIT: OH MY GOSH, I WAS FIRST TO POST SOMETHING.
http://www.smashbros.com/update/images/daily.jpg

Well never expect the expected with Sakurai.[/IMG]

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
Dear Masahiro Sakurai,

Thank you for making this game. Show ****ing Yoshi already.

With love,
TheFirstPoppyBro

:chuckle:

bobadz

Smash Ace
I'm now certain of two things. 1: that ring is a punch out stage. 2: we wont get any new info for awhile.

bobadz

Smash Ace
Wait, hold on you guys expected this to be more then a bunch of random screenshots from the press pack?

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Yeah, I'd rather have Yoshi confirmed that a screenshot that doesn't show anything new. We know of that stage already. -_-

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
Wait, hold on you guys expected this to be more then a bunch of random screenshots from the press pack?

I expected either Yoshi, Ness, Luigi, or Captain Falcon, preferably Jigglypuff, since we know they're coming back ANYWAY.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom